Re: The Basement

And also you should know me well enough by now to know that I've never ever bought 5 or 3 87 rated players etc. Most of the time I buy risers and then sell/keep them to make money - hence why I have 60+M in the bank now, thus allowing managers to buy more players should allow them to make some money too:)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Basement Hello all managers in the Basement gameworld, I am here to apologize for me breaking the rules of the gameworld, unintentionally. I believe it was Saturday night, when I was appoin

Re: The Basement . ..... ............ ........................ ACHIEVE PROMOTION ........................ ............ ..... .

Re: The basement [New Game World] Banter is always based on who is going to win the league , who is a better manager than who and who is going to win the next game. But I think you have you finally

1: In transfer window 2 should we be allowed to sign 3 or 5 players?

2: In transfer window 2 should we revert back to the previous method which was internal deals only?

3: Should part/ex be introduced from the upcoming season onwards?

1+2: 3 internals only, like the original plan; the change was good back back then, but now people have many signed players, so it's interesting to try deals with each other now

3: no, that would be a too big change that comes too sudden; also feel like money only is better for the bidding part on the 5 externals

for the internal deals in the 2nd window, you can make deals with the other by using multiple transfers (you got 3 afterall, at the least)

1: In transfer window 2 should we be allowed to sign 3 or 5 players?

2: In transfer window 2 should we revert back to the previous method which was internal deals only?

3: Should part/ex be introduced from the upcoming season onwards?[/color][/size][/font]

1. 5 players. I think it's the right amount for the setup as people are still getting rid of original players from their teams so need time to replace them. I think in two seasons it could be lowered to three. As everyone would of had enough time to buy players and mold a team.

an idea would setting the limit at 3 players rated 88 and the two others have to be 82 or under.

As they build their first team and the youth at the same time.

2. I don't mind internals but alot of the time they end up being a waste. As other managers want daft money for players, so bids become pointless.

3. No to Part ex's, would sow the seeds in killing a good setup in my opinion. If clubs want to have star players then let them raise the cash to do it. The financial situation of the club is down to the manager with the signings he/she makes. If he decides to buys risers or well known players instead, we all have the same choices during the transfer windows some signing are good, others are bad. But it's fair and level playing field.

1. Working in IT, we have a golden rule that is "don't fix it if it is not broken." Don't see anything 'broken' with the 3 player limit, so my vote is Keep it 3.

2. The problem with internal transfers only is that usually no one tend to 'sell' and everybody tends to 'buy' which results in no transfers in the end. Let's keep the door open for both, so my vote is Keep both Internal + External.

3. Although player exchange exists in real life, it is handled very poorly in SM. A cash only GW is always more challenging financial wise, so my vote is to Keep it cash only.

2. The problem with internal transfers only is that usually no one tend to 'sell' and everybody tends to 'buy' which results in no transfers in the end. Let's keep the door open for both' date=' so my vote is [b']Keep both Internal + External[/b].
You're entitled to your own opinion, but just want to share my thoughts on #2

The problem with allowing both internal and external transfers, is that because of the very limited sum of transfers you can make, people all just quickly sign externals when they can. As a result of this, no internal transfers will be made, while like you said, one usually is not intended to sell, let alone if you can only sign so few players, why waste them on an internal deal?(while an internal deal often includes both buying and selling, especially with cash only rule)

That's my thought behind wanting only internals in 2nd transfer window. I'd like to try to make internal deals, but I see it not happening when external is also allowed. Of course, it's possible many or some won't have any transfers in 2nd window, but it's not like that would be the end of the world. You still got those five in the 1st window. Also the original idea of this GW to have players beig taken away slowly from externals stays the strongest with making 2nd window transfers external only, but it's not like 3 more changes too much about it, so this is not my main reason for wanting this.

Also KeyserSoze says internal transfers are a waste: 2. I don't mind internals but alot of the time they end up being a waste. As other managers want daft money for players, so bids become pointless.

And that's true especially if you allow both internal and external transfers. Allowing both would become external only in reality, and I want internal transfers too sometimes. I got few players I am willing to sell, if I can buy someone else from that person. Not going to happen if external is also allowed.

You're entitled to your own opinion' date=' but just want to share my thoughts on #2

The problem with allowing both internal and external transfers, is that because of the very limited sum of transfers you can make, people all just quickly sign externals when they can. As a result of this, no internal transfers will be made, while like you said, one usually is not intended to sell, let alone if you can only sign so few players, why waste them on an internal deal?(while an internal deal often includes both buying and selling, especially with cash only rule)

That's my thought behind wanting only internals in 2nd transfer window. I'd like to try to make internal deals, but I see it not happening when external is also allowed. Of course, it's possible many or some won't have any transfers in 2nd window, but it's not like that would be the end of the world. You still got those five in the 1st window. Also the original idea of this GW to have players beig taken away slowly from externals stays the strongest with making 2nd window transfers external only, but it's not like 3 more changes too much about it, so this is not my main reason for wanting this.

Also KeyserSoze says internal transfers are a waste: [i']2. I don't mind internals but alot of the time they end up being a waste. As other managers want daft money for players, so bids become pointless.

[/i]And that's true especially if you allow both internal and external transfers. Allowing both would become external only in reality, and I want internal transfers too sometimes. I got few players I am willing to sell, if I can buy someone else from that person. Not going to happen if external is also allowed.

I understand your point but I think Internal transfers only make sense only at the start of a season. Realistically no one will sell a high rated player in the middle of the season. So internal transfers in the 2nd window will most probably be a market of backup players only. This means it is denying some managers the chance to improve their teams, either by buying high rated players or buying future risers from externals.

There is always a possibility to still make Internal transfer, if a manager really wants to buy someone and make an offer that can't be refused ;)

Hi guys. Well after thinking long and hard I have decided to keep the rules as they are. Both transfer windows covers purchasing internal and external deals (if.my memory serves me right).

Also the GW rules are updated for purchasing players now rated 88.

The Setup Rules of this Custom Setup do not allow you to buy or exchange players with a rating over 87.

:confused: