Re: The Basement

kRhxdqh.jpg

GRÊMIO - CLUB BRUGGE

0 - 1

Grêmio lost their first home game of the season in Division 1. They repeat a similar scenario like last season when they had a bad start to the season. The question is can they continue the scenario and emerge winners? Time will tell.

Although Grêmio had very little in terms of possession, they managed to have their fair amount of chances to score. This game could have ended in a higher score line, but both GKs were up for the task and have very good performances.

So far, the only teams to have a 100% record are the Greek Panathinaikos, the Mexican Monterrey, and the Brazilian Corinthians. The next turn of games will feature the anticipated encounter between the 2 Brazilian teams in Division 1, Grêmio v Corinthians.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Basement Hello all managers in the Basement gameworld, I am here to apologize for me breaking the rules of the gameworld, unintentionally. I believe it was Saturday night, when I was appoin

Re: The Basement . ..... ............ ........................ ACHIEVE PROMOTION ........................ ............ ..... .

Re: The basement [New Game World] Banter is always based on who is going to win the league , who is a better manager than who and who is going to win the next game. But I think you have you finally

kRhxdqh.jpg

GRÊMIO - CORINTHIANS

2 - 2

In an entertaining match, the all Brazilian encounter ended in a draw. Both teams had the determination to comeback in the game. Grêmio could have won if they had more concentration in front of goal and didn't waste 2 thirds of their shots off target.

Last season's hero was this game's Man of the Match, Landon DONOVAN scored both goals for Grêmio but it was not enough to get a win. Corinthians remained solid even after going 1 man down after the red card for their star player Júnior PAULINHO. Recent Grêmio signing Pedro LEÓN also suffered a long injury and joins Mehmet TOPAL on the injury list. Now 2 of this season's starter signing are sidelined for at least 10 days. Bad luck for Grêmio this season.

In an exact repeat of last season, Grêmio record only 1 win from their opening 3 games. With 4 points, they lie in mid table along with their fellow promoted Cardiff City.

Hyina (Forum) steered Birmingham City to victory against Club Brugge KV.

Birmingham City beat Club Brugge KV 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Cuadrado scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ljajic and Routledge were also amongst the goalscorers.

Put us back where we belong in the table :)

kRhxdqh.jpg

PAOK - GRÊMIO

2 - 2

Unfortunate Grêmio draw in their away game with Greek side PAOK. Fielding a weaker side, PAOK created very little chances but were able to score 2 goals in 2 minutes from their 2 shots on target to draw the match after Grêmio were up 2-0. PAOK take their first point of the season.

Brazilian star Blumer ELANO was the hero by scoring both goals for Grêmio in the first half, while Dutch Ricardo VAN RHIJN was the villain being sent off in the 56th minute and Spanish GK Gorka IRAIZOZ who failed to save any of the 2 shots at him.

Grêmio slip to 7th place with only 1 win from 4 games.

Alright that's it.. 5 games' date=' 5 losses..I'm going 3-5-2 now! (Yes, SM really is that simple.) ;)[/quote']

i think that formation stopped being the simple SM one about 9 months ago.

still not a bad one to use but against anyone who knows a bit about tactics, you wont be as successful as you used to be.