• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Basement Hello all managers in the Basement gameworld, I am here to apologize for me breaking the rules of the gameworld, unintentionally. I believe it was Saturday night, when I was appoin

Re: The Basement . ..... ............ ........................ ACHIEVE PROMOTION ........................ ............ ..... .

Re: The basement [New Game World] Banter is always based on who is going to win the league , who is a better manager than who and who is going to win the next game. But I think you have you finally

Re: The Basement

Atlas 2-2 Corinthians

Two consecutive draws and it would be a travesty if we miss out on an SMFA competition in the last game' date=' to the in form team Independiente.[/font']

Yeah good luck mate. I'm playing a PAOK who's desperate for points to avoid relegation and considering my poor record against bottom tier teams I'm not very hopeful of playing in the SMFA next season..

I may resign after my first 100 games in charge at Birmingham, initially was planning to stay long term, but I'm losing interest in the tactical aspect of SM with the match engine being freaking ridiculous at times, I think I have been a good manager both tactically and transfer-wise (with a solid team full of potential with an abundant 60M in the bank).

With every stupid result, I lose a bit more interest in SM, with 18 (now 17) teams and starting uni in the hectic London in September will only have less time, reminding myself have I set the correct (or now, incorrect) counters every min of everyday has really become a chore so I am looking to cut down to a more manageable amount. I've enjoyed this GW quite a lot and thanks for having me here :)

I'd like to apologize that I haven't been here for a long time. I weren't able to log in because my computer was broken, well I could have found a way to log in for sure but I had some problems in my personal life too that I don't want to really discuss, so again I'm really sorry about this. Sadly I won't play this game anymore, because I have to get my life sorted first and then I have to go to the army.

I apologize and good luck for you all.

Corinthians 3-1 Club Brugge

A great win tonight with Paulinho getting a brace.

A massive clear out for next season and whole sale changes.

Glad you won tonight so I didn't fail to achieve SMFA play next season cuz of my 4-1 loss against PAOK (Who would've been relegated hadn't they beaten me tonight) I swear I'm so lousy against the bottom half teams..

Can't wait for the window to open again, I need a CB, GK and a striker for next season.

Glad you won tonight so I didn't fail to achieve SMFA play next season cuz of my 4-1 loss against PAOK (Who would've been relegated hadn't they beaten me tonight) I swear I'm so lousy against the bottom half teams..

Can't wait for the window to open again' date=' I need a CB, GK and a striker for next season.[/quote']

I need a complete overhaul, and should have plenty to spend once my transfers to external go through.

WERE STAYING UP!!!

Grêmio 1 - 3 Atlas

G.Sigurdsson 14, 42

C.Benteke 68

C.Erkİn 84

Both needing a win to secure first division football next season, Atlas and Gremio put on a fine display of attacking football with both teams having 24 pops at goal with 10 and 14 on target respectively. The counter-attacking threat of Gremio troubled the Atlas defence, who despite having 16% less possession managed to constantly bombard the Atlas goal. Had it not been for the heroics of MOTM, Francesco Bardi, the result would have been completely different.

Congratulations to the division winners and those that were promoted.

Reading finished 4th in div 2 and are ready for the transfer rush on Tuesday.

if anyone is interested in this set up, Tuesday is the opening day of the season and it's when your next lot of transfers can be made, it's a good time to grab a club while you can.

First signings completed!

Daniel STURRIDGE has completed his move to Independiente from Liverpool for 13,600,000

Came in to this window knowing I needed to strenghten 3 positions and a striker was one of them. Sturridge fits in perfectly for what I was looking for.

Antonio CANDREVA has completed his move to Independiente from SS Lazio for 6,120,000

Not the position where I needed to strenghten, but come on, Candreva for CV.. I simply could not resist. :P

Plus, just by moving to my team bumped his value up 3M so I reckon he'll be a good piece of business no matter if I keep or sell next season.

Also had a bid accepted on a 3rd player uncontested, but it was yet another winger and I need to save some cash for the players I really need so I cancelled it.

anyway, 3 more players to go!

Signed Smalling' date=' Sandro, Gross for a little above CV.

Won Michu by 103k :P

Looking for a keeper now.

U sure you have just 5 bids going on Matt? :P[/quote']

Some nice signings, and yes mate I was bidding on Sturridge (which I lost and pulled out of) Lukaku, Leno, Ter Stegen, Jones and now Callejon which I have won.

Now by my calculations that is 5.

Thauvin rose to 86 and Coutinho to 89, sweet :)

Anyway 4 signings completed now and all of them goes straight into our starting eleven. Yesterday I got Sturridge and Candreva and this morning these two joined Independiente:

Bernd LENO has completed his move to Independiente from Leverkusen for 13,601,000. All other offers were turned down.
Phil JONES has completed his move to Independiente from Manchester United for 15,601,000. All other offers were turned down.

These two actually completes all 3 positions I needed to strenghten this window which was a new GK to replace Malafeev (Leno) and a Striker to replace Aduriz (Sturridge) and then the most important one, a CB (Jones) Had none above the rating of 86..

Then I also bought Candreva, but that was just cuz it was too good to not to. lol

I've got one more signing to make, but I won't afford or need to make it one for the starting eleven. It will rather be a young riser, we'll see who..

So far spent 35.5M on 4 players that are now worth to me 45.2M.

Michu deal went through yesterday and rose today :D

Still 44.5M in the bank :P

Sczezezezezezezezezezezezny accepted for 100k above CV so that's my 5 transfers sorted this window. Hope these signings will satisfy the next Birmingham manager :)

Estudiantes have signed 4 players.

Vágner LOVE has completed his move to Estudiantes from Goias for £8,870,000
Kenwyne JONES has completed his move to Estudiantes from Aston Villa for £4,550,000
Marco STRELLER has completed his move to Estudiantes from FC Basel for £5,540,000
Eduardo VARGAS has completed his move to Estudiantes from SSC Napoli for £4,800,000