DAiS Genesis | Media

dai smout

Re: DAiS Genesis | Media

DAiS Genesis/Media

Dnipro V Sochaux

Sir Alex Ferguson will welcome Anthony Maddison and his Sochaux team to the Dinprooetrovsk Arena tonight where the two will go head to head as 1st meets 7th.Sir Alex is eager to get back to winning ways after a 1-1 draw against Cardiff in mid week and a 1 nil loss to Celtic last week.

Sochaux are on a decent run of form picking up 7 points from a possible 12 in there last 4 matches, including the 5-1 slaughtering of Cardiff (giggles) which saw Dai Smout left red faced after the match (giggles) a week ago.

Sir Alex did not have to much to say about his opposite number just that he new little about Anthony Maddison since the pair have never meet in any competitions before but did go on to say that he has huge respect for him and what he has done with the Sochaux team.

This is a must win game for Sir Alex, as his team dangles in the relegation zone with 7 points.He went on to say "We will play like we always do, we will hold the ball and counter when we can, we wont change our style of play just because we are on a bad run of form".

When Sir Alex was asked bout his last match against Cardiff and his relationship with Dai Smout Sir Alex went on to say, "It was a good game we had the lead for most of the game and towards the end we lost our concentration and gave the ball away we had no one to blame but ourselves" I do not want to comment on Dai he plays his football i play mine there is no feud between us as i have the up most respect for him."

Kick Off:

20:00 GT

"Dujo-Tony"

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardiff City Make Way for the Mushrooms

T
he City of Cardiff
Mushrooms for a Tenner

Following two disappointing results
Cardiff City
return to their winning ways and the top of the league in
Division Two
. The result, a 3-1 away win against
Espanyol
, was encouraging enough for manager
Dai Smout
to assume the recent dropped points as just a dip in an otherwise succesful season.

Dai Smout
stated,
"The level of quality, knowledge and experience throughout
DAiS Genesis
, let alone
Division Two
, ensures there are no such thing as easy games."
Thus, with regards to his opponents, he added,
"Everyone is aware how dangerous
Marcos Vitorino
is, just looking at his squad tells you such."

Yet, today at least, the danger lies with
Dai Smout
and the boys at
Cardiff
- will they take care?

"We're going home to take
care of oursel
ve
s
with a fury.."

SO THERE'S 5 GAMES LEFT!!!!!!

Coming to towards the end of the season we all have 5 games left, so now is the time when titles, promotions, and relegation can be decided. So a little run down of this weeks matches and what clubs need to do to finish this season off well!!

Division 1 - Turn 10

[/url]

The top clash of the week seems to be Atalanta v West brom, 3rd v 1st. West brom are 6 points clear of Atalanta and seem to have the title all wrapped up, apart from the challenge of 2nd placed hannover whos squad consists of league top scorer Van Der Vaart. They play 2nd bottom swansea a point adrift of safety. Wigan in my eyes are all but down bottom of the league on only 5 points and 5 adrift of safety, can anyone see them pulling off a huge upset and staying up? not me!!!

League prediction..... Hannover for title, west brom 2nd. wigan and either swansea or leeds for drop.

Division 2 - Turn 10

Division 2 is far from wrapped up, any of cardiff, sochaux or celtic could take the title along with promotion to the top league.

Cardiff play bottom of the league orient, looks a easy win for cardiff (i would weee myself laughing if they lost). sochaux play celtic in what could be a very close encounter and leave the winners cardiffs only real competition for the title. Down the bottom Orient look dead a buried with 1 point from 9 games and any of the remaining four teams could go with them, by the way they all play each other tomorrow.

League predictions - Cardiff for title if they beat orient. sochaux and celtic to battle the promotion play off. orient gone and manager less mainz to follow them down

Division 3 - Turn 10

Divison 3 looks to be a straight fight between the top 2 monaco and basel. Monaco have a battle with relegation threatened chievo (who won that cheap w**k cup this week) and basel look to shrug off 3rd placed southampton, can basel keep the chase up or is it just to late? Down at the bottom braintree and leicester 8th and 7th respectively face each other and a loss for either team looks to send them down.

League predictions - Monaco to beat chievo and win the league, basel to finish 2nd and win the playoff against either southampton or trabzonspor.

relegation i feel braintree are all but gone and leicester could be the ones to follow ith there poor goal scoreing record.

Division 4 - Turn 10

The title is still wide open in league 4, current leaders watford, Blackburn and forest green all still in with a chance. watford face a tough task away at real betis. Blackburn away a sofia is not easy and forest green play Birmingham at home who could also force there way into the top 3 with a win. Lens look to be finishing bottom the league and face a tough game at home to promotion chasing Blackpool who could also force there way into the play offs.

League prediction - Watford to take the title on the final day :P and Blackburn to follow them up. lens bottom!!!

• 3 weeks later...

DAiS Genesis League 2 | End of Season Report.

DaiLogo.jpg

The season began with some trepidation for many of the division 2 managers who found themselves competing against game world creator and self-confessed megalomaniac Dai Smout. With many of them concerned they would be ‘removed’ for daring to win games against Smout the season began amid the clamour of midnight kidnappings and rumours of concrete wellies…

LeytonOrient.png

After a strong preseason Orient found themselves hopeful of another good season, but just a few games in it seemed likely the team were going to struggle. Leyton in fact would go on to struggle all season and would find themselves setting the wrong kind of records, primarily the one of wining no games all season, a Soccer Manager first. Poor Orient and their hapless manager were relegated in record time, after just one game in fact…

Dnipro.jpg

Dnipro had performed very well the season before and been promoted from Division 3, and with the manager bringing in some top quality players the season looked bright for Dnipro fans. Despite some excellent signings the team began to struggle on the pitch, finding the jump from division 3 to division 2 a big step up. They were however continuing to pick up points and looked a safe bet for a mid-table/play-off push, but a disastrous run of form at the back end of the season saw them go down on the last day, beaten by a lucky Sochaux team.

Mainz.png

Mainz began the season in indifferent form picking up the odd win, but it was beginning to look like a long season fighting relegation for them. A number of draws followed by a number of back to back defeats meant they were really up against it, but fortune smiled on the little German side and their manager resigned. The side went on to win their last 2 games and survived on the last day of the season.

Espanyol.png

Espanyol were a side that got off to a decent start to the campaign despite a rocky first game. After that shock they went on an unbeaten run of 9 games until they met a Cardiff side that had beaten them in their first encounter and did the same again the second time. Espanyol’s form dropped off and they stuttered through a number of games before picking up again at the end of the season and finishing 5th. It’s expected the manager will make some big personnel changes for the coming season.

Celtic.png

Celtic were the second of the relegated sides and looked a tough proposition on paper. A poor preseason however knocked confidence early on but hey managed to tale 4 points from a possible opening 6. Back to back defeats dropped them down the table however and there were fears of another relegation struggle, but the manger got hold of his side and they improved dramatically. Celtic played some great football throughout the season but a poor finish meant they missed out on the playoffs. It’s though Celtic will also make big changes heading into next season.

Torino.png

Torino were a dark horse coming into this season and not expected to make much impact, but some astute management from Riece meant they keep in touch with the leading teams without really being noticed. Signings in key areas helped them improve as the season went on, but a bad patch around the midway point cost them dearly. Despite this, they topped the table heading into the last game with Sochaux needing to win and Torinho needing to simply avoid defeat. It wasn’t to be however and they went down to a plucky Cardiff side who also needed this win to ensure they at least made the playoffs.

Cardiff.png

Cardiff were the surprise package of division 2 without doubt, they were expected to struggle against relegation all season but some great performances meant they were in the top spots all season. Despite what some of the other managers had opinionated on Smout (incompetent, bum/elbow etc…) he proved to be tactically aware and made the most of a poor squad finishing 2nd. Major changes will need to made at the club whichever way the play off final goes however if they wish to progress.

Sochaux.png

After narrowly avoiding relegation last season Sochaux were expected to struggle again this season, the manager had other ideas however and invested heavily in the side to strengthen further. Defeat in the first game and it looked like another bad season was in the offing. Sochaux however went on to put a good run together and took top spot from Cardiff after a 5-1 footballing lesson. A drop in form saw them lose their way, but a good recovery saw them heading into the last game needing a win but dependant on other results for automatic promotion. They got lucky and with results going their way finished as champions. They have still to play a SMFA Shield Final which could be a second piece of silverware for the side.

supcabecera.gif

1130425569.gif

Season Overview

After last season’s performance, making it to the playoffs of Division 2, there were some expectations regarding Espanyol and what they would be able to achieve this season. Even with two important reinforcements, Klose and Maicon, arriving in the beginning of the season, this was not a peaceful campaign. Let’s detail it a bit more.

League

Many thought that starting with a defeat against Cardiff was a terrible result, but after a few rounds and looking at the Wales’ team performance, it was not a bad result at all. The truth is that two of the three lost games in the League were against Cardiff, the other one was against Torino. The team's performance was not consistent all aver the season and the six draw games put in jeopardy not only the competition for the promotion but even the maintenance in Division 2. Only the three wins in a row in the latest games took the Spaniards out off the desperate situation. Luckily for the El Prat side, they played against a Mainz team that has management problems, and that win gave the team the necessary morale and strength to revert the situation. Sochaux and Leyton Orient were the next in the “salvation path” of the Catalan team.

Cup

This season Espanyol’s seemed to focus all their efforts in the League, maybe because of that the team escalation for the Cup was never done with the regular first team players. Even so, they managed to go far. The first two rounds of the competition against Dnipro and Blackburn were passed with a very tight result of 1-0. In the Quarter Final Espanyol managed to defeat the recent promoted Torino, by 1-2, in a very though and troubled away game. By moving forward to the Semi Final, everyone was expecting the “big boys” to play against Hertha, in Berlin. Maybe because of the difficulties that the team was facing to achieve the maintenance in Division 2, only the captain Moutinho was called to the game. Unfortunately for Espanyol, they were beaten in the midfield and by a lone goal from Damião. The Cup campaign ended in the Semis.

Future

Our sources told us that the financial situation is not safe in Espanyol, additionally the board is demanding more involvement from the technical management in order to tackle some problems happened during the season. Many say the team lacks some star players in order to go to the next level. Changes are needed. Let’s keep a close look on the next moves.

1130425569.gif

supcabecera.gif

Guest drseanfitz

Parma Player Of The Season

577589_10150818102779879_1871673278_n_zps3692f58f.jpg

Many people were surprised that following the sale of the 91 rated Pazzini, Parma manager decided that instead of bringing in a replacement, 84 rated Insigne was promoted to a starting slot upfront.

The little Italian responded in style with 8 goals in 13 starts, including the 2 goals in the victory over Atalanta that confirmed SMFA football for Parma.

Fergie Promises More After A Dismal Season:

Sir Alex Ferguson said there will be more from Dnipro next season after there more then below standard performance in the 2nd division.After winning only 4 matches during the season Sir Alex was less then impressed with his teams work rate, ability to hold onto the ball when they had it, and there more then sloppy defense.

Dnipro was a team, for most part of the season going through changes.They were in the process of buying/selling and changing players around, and Sir Alex thinks this could have played a vital part in there season, and may have some what disrupted the players.There ability to give 100% at every match, due to the fact new players where coming in and old ones were going out.

Dnipro have signed a number of world class players over the season with the likes of Aguero, S.De Jong, Hummles, Grosskreutz, Tadic, Gaspar Schweinsteiger all coming into the team that gave Sir Alex more options in the middle of the park and in attack.

Some would say Dnipro could not handle the pressure in the 2nd division but Sir Alex believes it was the constant chopping and changing of new faces that disrupted his team.Dnipro are expected to win the 3rd division next season as they see themselves as the best side in the division, (only by Sir Alex) (;)).

Written by Dujo-Tony

LEEDS UNITED UNVEILS S3 MANAGER

toilet-paper-mummy.jpg

ToiletPaperMummie+copy.jpg

Leeds United AFC's chairman Ken Bates announced this morning that his club had concluded their search for a new manager following the departure of Craig White back in October,finalising a deal that will see the experienced Brazilian manager Yuri Laszlo take over managerial duties at The Whites just a couple of days before the beginning of the third season of DAiS Invitational's Genesis Championship.

With very little time to know the squad and hardly any money to go shopping with, Yuri Laszlo is expected not to diverge too much from former manager White's working style, which led Leeds to a runner-up spot in their very first season in this championshiop, although a few players will probably leave the team over the course of the season while Mr. Laszlo slowly implements his own tactics in the club.

Upon unveiling Leeds United's manager for the upcoming season, Mr. Bates was quick to ackonowledge the potencial of the team to bounce back from relegation, saying "Mr. Laszlo is a competent manager and the sort of person a big club like Leeds needs to have in charge in order to deliver the results we expect from the team."

LeedsUnitedB.png

End of Season II | Report

DAiS Genesis

end of season report

i
t's that time again. the important period whereby i, the administrator of
DAiS Genesis
, surmises the completion of another successful season. to remind all of the highlights, the important points and to shine a little light on the defining events that'll be remembered during the days when the SM Custom requires 650,000 credits.

yet, i can't think of anything to write. it has taken me four days just to face this screen. anything i have to say is of no interest and has no actual point. it's like how
Dujo Tony
must feel..

o
f course that's not to say nothing exciting happened, quite the opposite, yet how can one select a high moment from a season made of high moments?

for instance, it would be an injustice to pick a surprise result without also including the other dozen games which were defining. furthermore, one mustn't forget the role of the media with its pre and post match reports, along with other articles of interest and division summaries.

yet, the scope of our media doesn't stop there. along with the team profile sections there is also the highly popular manager interview feature. any member whom has or wishes to be subjected to that deserves a medal. i wouldn't do it.

together, all these features make this custom game world special yet, as every member of
DAiS Genesis
knows, nothing but nothing competes with its killer unique selling point..

i
have been playing football management simulators since 1981 (back then i wanted to do stuff with
The Nolans
, but didn't know what..) and the serious online games from when they were released in 2005. there is just one difference between the two. the hugely important and equally ignored ability of
communication

simply, if you do not know, or care to know, the next manager you face then you may as well play offline. along with media articles, team profiles and manager interviews,
DAiS Genesis
maintains and extremely high level of inter-member communication.

we employ the first rule of.. as what happens in DAiS Genesis stays in
DAiS Genesis
. the managers of this custom world know their next opponent because, simply, they speak with them several times a day within the members-only private group. banter reigns, deals done, teams analysed, jokes told, talk talked, walk walked. it's through a multi-layered approach to communication that a community is bourne.

it is a multi-headed beast, pulsating, breathing fire and rage. it's relentless, it never ever sleeps and just will not stop. a place unable to be described, only experienced.
DAiS Genesis
doesn't attract a special types of one to play. just the special ones.

i
t's now three hours since i've began this page and i still have nothing to write. empty beer cans litter the floor, a heavy fog of smoke fills the air and the ashtrays are overflowing. it looks like a recording session for the Rolling Stones.

comment is free
|
opinion is everything

dai smout

DAiS Genesis

THE NEW SEASON!!!!

The new season is here for Watford (yep I no it’s late) and I have started off pretty shat!!!:D:mad:

After what seemed to be a near perfect pre season racking up 5 wins out of 5 and only conceding 2 goals we went and lost 2v1 to a very good Birmingham team. I was hoping to build on last season after only missing out on promotion on the final day and then losing the play off to betis. A very good betis side at that.

During the summer I have had very little money to strengthen my squad and even considered begging on the corners of Watford town centre for extra cash, this failed and did not get any new first team players in. More recently a bid came in for the aging Florent malouda and he was shipped on for just over 9 million pounds. This has given me the funds to now push on and bring some new blood into a team which really needs it.

I am also spending a lot of time looking at and working with the young under 21s of Watford and we have some really good prospects on our books, Romelu lukaku, Nathan Redmond and Mario Sampirisi to name a few. Hopefully these players can get into the team and give us some strength in depth.

Looking forward to this season i am hoping a nice little cup run may be in the offering and that the new players I bring in can prove to be the catalyst to a excellent season for Watford. I am expecting Lukaku and Cisse to bring the goals in and the bags of experience of Brad Friedel to keep a team of young heads level and on course.........

1130425569.gif Chronicles from Cornellà

Will Espanyol be relegated this season?

Do I have your attention now? Starting a chronicle with two questions… what a major style mistake! After under performing in the League in the past season - with a concerning series of draws - and after a pre-season that didn’t bring us any news considered positive enough to change the situation, Espanyol draws again in the first game of the new season.

2-2 against Wigan was the final score. No doubt about Wigan’s value and Si Nicholls knowledge about the game and life in general, but Espanyol should have done more.

I wonder how Simão end up playing as a central back! What was Vitorino thinking when decided this set up? It was not about managing a team, that’s for sure! You can say that Simão scored a goal so he somehow saved the team from a worse result. Fair. But central back… give me a break! You can also say that Espanyol was really superior in shots and that they were unlucky. Fair. But you can’t explain constant failures with bad luck.

Wigan was already wining 0-2 in Cornellà-El Prat at minute 20. Everyone saw the trembling legs of Espanyol players, over and over looking to the bench as if they were asking for some guidance. They should look at the sky, this is a Providence issue.

The future doesn’t seem bright in the short term also. It’s well know that Marcos Vitorino doesn’t know how to beat Dai Smout – see last season results between the two teams – so it is expected another poor exhibition in the away game against Cardiff.

As usual, I’ll be here watching, so I can tell you more about it. Stay tuned.

Pablo el “Periodista Loco”

Catalunyan reporter. Espanyol specialist.

Arrogant ******* with no single drop of self assessment or self esteem.

Recently invited to have a column in a lousy depressing regional newspaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Fergies Fury, He Blasts His Stars:

Sir Alex Ferguson has lashed out at his team of superstars on the eve of there away game to Basel.The Ukrainian outfit travel to the east side today where they will face 3rd place Swiss side Basel.

Sir Alex let lose on his team of stars after there 2-1 defeat at the hands of league leaders Real Betis on Thursday night and that's where Sir Alex gave it to his players.It was a close game with the score being locked a 1-1 until the 89th minute when Dnipro conceded a late goal which sent Fergie over the edge,

Sources inside the club say that after the home game against Betis in the dressing room Fergie was full of rage and anger at the loss, all of the players in the dressing room were given the hairdryer treatment which saw some of the new players get a first look at life under Sir Alex.

It was also said that Sir Alex had more heated ex-changed words with Sergio Aguero, as words got heated up players had to step in to separate the to from further anguish.

Sir Alex did give his normal pre-match press conference ahead of tonight's game with Basel and went on to say, "Yes there was words exchanged between me and some of my players but that is between us and has been sorted out now, we are all on the same path and want to win games". "Sometimes it takes time for new players to adapt to the new style of play and living in a new country and I understand that". "We have a team of superstars and we have the right players to win games for us".

Media reports say that the Argument between Sir Alex and some of his players have gone beyond repair and that the likes of Aguero, Hummels and Tadic might not be selected for tonight's must win game against Basel.

Sir Alex has never been afraid to let his players know how he feels and what needs to be done, even tho the team is full of stars Fergie has no doubt to let any player know what he expects from them.

Written By Dujo-Tony

picture.php?albumid=444&pictureid=3089

dais genesis awards | season two

interestingly, the overall Manager of the Season is awarded the prize even though they failed to win the local title within their own division. thus, this seems even more fishy than my wife's apple crumble..

|m
anager of the season

craig sinclair

|m
anager of division one

kevin v

|m
anager of division two

anthony maddison

|m
anager of division three

mr dhabi

|m
anager of division four

david garvock

|b
illy the fish award

nooo, i can't publish that name you meanies!

|m
edia article of the season

anthony maddison

|j
ournalist of the season

anthony maddison

|o
bvious crawly bum lick of the season

anthony maddison

additionally, full credit goes to the newer managers prior to this season whom have not only ensured their teams performed to the max from the start but have fully thrown their hat into the ring when it comes to the all important communication aspect of
dais genesis

happy days.

BLACK PANTHER TAKES CHARGE OF BLACKBURN

*PRESS CONFERENCE*

[DEREK SHAW - Managing Director]

"Good evening everyone & thank you for coming.

Tonight Blackburn Rovers are happy to announce tonight that,

Jose Nowinho {aka Black Panther} is their new manager!!!"

Any questions?

[REPORTER]

"Jose, this club has gone through some turmoil in recent years,

but they achieved real success under previous manager Stephen Partington.

Can you continue the success?"

[NOWINHO]

"I've inherited a very talented squad so that excites me.

Stephen did a fine job!

Promotion is our aim for this season.

And every season until we're back in Division One."

[REPORTER]

"The club is controversially owned by the Venky's.

How will you cope with their constant interference?"

[NOWINHO]

"I'll put my foot up their backsides".

[REPORTER]

"Will that work?"

[NOWINHO]

"No, but it gives you guys a funny soundbite!"

[REPORTER]

"How strong is the club financially?"

[NOWINHO]

"None of your damn business.

You think I want my competitors to know all our secrets."

[REPORTER]

"Several key players are injured or unfit right now.

Is this a major concern?"

[NOWINHO]

"I may have to select a weak team in our next match against Leyton Orient.

Resting my best players so they can have extra time to gain full health & fitness.

It's not an ideal, but long term it's the smartest thing to do."

[REPORTER]

"You'll be competing against some of the biggest name managers in the game.

Does their success & their reputations intimidate you?

[NOWINHO]

"Kittens don't scare Panthers"

picture.php?albumid=444&pictureid=3089

there is no clause 15.4b..

oi. yeah you. you embarrass me. you do. DAiS Genesis recently came second in the Custom 2012 competition, due purely by the actions of its members and third-party voters (several of which are now awaiting available spaces within the game world.)

the winner was
The Proto.. Prota.. Prote..
ack, hmm, well pick my nose and scratch my bum.. whatever it was called it was by
Gorbash
. check out his Custom game worlds as, full credit due, they are most excellent.

i wish i could shake hands with all our supporters, both members and third party. yet, i imagine, that some are still unable to hold a fork correctly as it is..

usually at this time i would explain that DAiS Genesis is a game world which is communication-driven and media-lead to ensure total immersion and max enjoyment between members.

additionally, i could list and link to media features, articles and interviews by them, or describe how each game becomes vital as one will always be in contact with the next manager they face.. resulting in mind games and banter, taunting and twisting big toe hairs etc.

yet, i won't.

what i will say is that i am in direct contact with the guy whom is having problems at home but is the sweetest soul you could ever imagine, and the one with the unwell parent that needs a little time, the bloke looking forward to marriage, an expectant father, the lad with a child more unfortunate than others etc.

i know all these beautiful people..

yourself?

1130425569.gif Chronicles from Cornellà

Is the goalkeeper problem solved for good?

As you all should
know,
Espanyol has recently get to an agr
e
ement
with Diego Benaglio, the Swiss international, ex-Wolfsburg. The 29 years old go
a
lkee
per seems to have now the preference of the so ca
lled manager Marcos Vitorino

Benaglio
was a starter since he arrived to
the club
He
c
onceded 3 goal
s in he
's fir
st
appearance, the third one being
somehow
shameful - a ball slowly through the legs is not a thing to be very proud of. But
t
o be fair, the al
l team had problems against the stronger and well managed AS Monaco.side.

I
n the second
game
Benaglio was rock solid, very fast and safe
, helped the team in
a major League result
agains
t the English Leeds Utd, that are passing through some rough times
latel
y

If we look to the performance of Cristian Álvarez, the
Argentinian keeper that now seems to be the second option for the net, we might ask how can the situation could have gone so far with
out the proper attention of the board. Poor Álvarez had a rating of 5
.50 in the fir
st season
and 5,86 in the second. Only after five games and a 5.40 rating in the third season, someone decided to do something about it
!

Let's wish Benaglio the best of luck and hope he adapts well to the questionable methods of his prese
nt manager.

As usual, I’ll be here watching, so I can tell you more about it. Stay tuned.

Pablo el “Periodista Loco”

Catalunyan reporter. Espanyol specialist.

Arrogant ******* with no single drop of self assessment or self esteem.

Recently invited to have a column in a lousy depressing regional newspaper.

Leyton-Orient.png

-The Lorient Revolution-

!!This post contains images of a deranged welsh nature, viewer discretion is advised!!

As you all may know, and as impossible it is to comprehend, I'm actually one of the most quiet DAiS Genesis members (If we go by Genesis related threads ofcourse

:rolleyes:)

The reasons for this are many, the main one being that it wasn't as easy to report on decent stuff when goldfish-Dai (here comes the welsh) switched my LORIENT to Leyton Orient .. now, he claims he was under the influence of Scuddies,Scouse and Socks ... we'll never know the truth ... infact, without goldfish-Dai realizing it ... he turned me into an "outsider" ... (you know what I mean, bugger off) slowly crawling up from the deepest depths of Genesis ... to reek havoc on unsuspecting victims (Garry mostly) .

I got the time, to sit back and watch others enter bidding wars while I swept in and stole the big talent right from under their noses.

Pogba,Digne,Umtiti,Ben Yedder just to name a few ... Now, season 3 is here ... it has come ... and Lorient is finally moving on the transfer market, ready to pounce on players and offer them ludacris contracts and special alone time with Scott and Lee ... they all bite.

Here's a few of the most recent signigns to join the anglo-french club.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbnR8R62e5t7YuiVnfR1Apq9Ur9q1n8TjuIghuxdaSwXJ0Bd1Wsw

-Über awesome french NT GK Steve Mandanda-

Steve MANDANDA has completed his move to Leyton Orient from Manchester City for 654,000 plus Wahbi KHAZRI and Gaëtan CHARBONNIER

Truth be told, I've never been Steve's biggest fan. Infact I've often spoke against people buying him.

But he has improved alot these last few years, and his 91 rating would be better justified with a 92.

I went on the hunt after a new 1st GK since 82 rated Stefanos Kapino just weren't living up to my expectations, nor the standards of a 1st GK at Lorient.

So jumping 9 ratings from 82 to 91 is perfect in my mind ... and I was honestly surprised to find Steve at an unmanaged club.

However I was glad, and I was quick to act ... throwing in a bid of Wahbi Khazri and Gaetan Charbonnier ...

2 players with potential, but that I'm not sad to see leave.

Khazri hasn't lived up to the expectations in Ligue 1 ... I personally thought he'd have a bigger role in his team then what he has, but he was sitting at an 85 rating and was a damn fine bargaining chip!

Charbonnier might rise further, but it'll take a long time to get to an 87+´at the rate he's currently going.

As I said, I was happy to part with the duo, what I got in return more then made up for the loss.

Mandanda is 27 years old, have been the Marseille 1st choice since the 07/08 season ... wich is a great thing ... thus far he's played over 15.000 domestic minutes for Marseille ... not counting cups or friendlies .. and by the looks of it .... 15.000 more minutes might very well come !

I'm glad to announce the signing of Steve Mandanda, and I hope he'll prove a vital point in staying away from relegation this season !

Welcome to the Club Stewie !

9f91Kwadwo-Asamoah-tastes-defeat-in-Juve-loss2.jpg

-Juventus midfielder, Kwadwo Asamoah-

Kwadwo ASAMOAH has completed his move to Leyton Orient from Real Madrid in a swap deal for Joel OBI and Geoffrey KONDOGBIA

Asamoah is a player that I only just started watching closely, previously I've never been too impressed by him ... I saw him as an above average player while at Udinese, obviously Juventus saw something in him that I missed ... and for that I'm glad ... because had they not, I'd probably not be here now, presenting my newly bought 91 rated midfielder!

I found it quite remarkable that Kwadwo was at an external club, and I thought long and hard about making an offer, but I finally decided on making one ... and I did have to splash out BIG!

In exchange for Asamoah, I had to give up the 2 VERY highly talented midfielders Geoff Kondogbia and Joel Obi !

A sacrifice indeed, but one I was ready to make in order to procure an established worldclass player to my side.

Asamoah understandably walks straight into my team and will make his debut apperance against Real Betis on Thursday, I'm hoping for a goal ... but who knows ? :P

Asamoah is currently in his first season at Juventus, and he's doing one hell of a job ! 18 games so far ... 13 starts.

I'm no expert ... but I honestly see him at 93 within a year. 92 is ofcourse more plausible, but I don't think a 93 is out of the question!

Asamoah will be a very important piece of my team in the future, and I can see him possibly ending his career here at Lorient ;)

Rafik+Djebbour+Republic+Ireland+v+Algeria+JPtZDEodJrAl.jpg

-Rafik Djebbour here seen representing Algeria-

Rafik DJEBBOUR has completed his move to Leyton Orient from Olympiacos for 1,800,000 plus Jerome SINCLAIR and Jason BUAILLON

Believe it or not, but this is the player that I'm the most anxious about!

Rafik "DEBEAST" Djebbour !

16 goals in 16 games for Olympiacos this season, and more to come !

He has already beaten his club record from last season ... then he scored 12 goals in 21 games ... and IF he continues like this, he can easily get in the region of 20-25 goals this season.

I first noticed Djebbour 1-2 years ago, in a CL game. I don't really remember against who, but Djebbour was an absolute beast, he ran, worked hard, drove himself to the brink of death in order to score and pass.

I was so impressed that I bought him for every SM club I had ... and now I'm finally doing it here aswell !

I was considering higher rated strikers aswell as Djebbour, but my fluffy wee manlove was what made me go for Djebbour.

he's been absolutely exceptional !

Last season he was Mirallas' partner in Olympiacos, this season when Mirallas has left, he's gotten more of a responsibility up front, and he's showing it game after game after game !

I can see him rise to 88/89 by the next Greek rise, and I'm certain of that.

He will partner Taarabt and Ben Yedder in my O-Line ... and I reckon he'll do a damn fine job !

I'm expecting atleast 7 goals from him before this season is over, let's see if he's got what it takes to be a true Lorient player !

FLUFFY OUT !

tumblr_m4b4amD2ec1qi8wet.gif

Leyton-Orient.png

-Leyton Orient names new Captain-

1936594_full-lnd.jpg

-Recently bought GK Steve Mandanda is named new Captain of Leyton Orient-

After being bought a few days ago, rumours have been flying around the grounds around Matchroom Stadium, will Bisevac remain captain? Or will Mandanda take over?

Now the answer has come, earlier tonight, Manager Bishop announced that Steve Mandanda will be Leyton Orient's new captain!

This means that serbian CB Milan Bisevac will have to step down as captain after 2 seasons "in charge".

31 games has he been leading Leyton Orient into battle, and in those game he's contributed with more then points, he's been the reason to our survival, without a doubt the most important player in the squad and I'm quite happy that he's a part of this club.

Bisevac had the following to say about the club's decision to make Mandanda captain:

d-Milan-Bisevac-15.jpeg

I'm not dissapointed, I'm happy for Steve, he's a great guy, a remarkable player and a fantastic captain!

It's with great honour that I've lead this club for nearly 3.5 seasons ... and I would've continued to do so had it been my fate.

I will continue to give 110% each training and each game .

I love the club, I love the town and I love the supporters!

I feel very much at home here and I can see myself ending my career here!

So, it's now been done, there's changes going on at Leyton Orient, new goalkeeper, new defenders, new midfielders and a new striker , one can only assume that they're arming themselves for what's to come!

That they're preparing to battle for their survival and for the hopes of promotion!

All that is certain, is that tomorrow against Mainz, we'll see an entirely different Leyton Orient come out to battle!

862hp2.jpg

Archived