DAiS Genesis | Media

dai smout

dais genesis | awards | season five

picture.php?albumid=444&pictureid=3089

dais genesis awards | season five

for
the
game world built upon communication, it has never been so immersive. with season five complete,
dais genesis
not only remains strong and healthy, but still continues to experience incredible growth.

the contributions of media articles by its managers rise in both quantity and quality with each passing season, and the private game world forum has never enjoyed such levels of communication. to its members great credit,
dais genesis
is
total immersion.

together with the
Manager's Manager
(peer) voting,
dais genesis
also incorporates the
Miracle Man
system (by
David Garvock
) which awards managers for exceptional performance. although, along with the winners of the various categories, recognition is also due to the top managers whom have achieved excellence this season.
picture.php?albumid=472&pictureid=3423

|m
anager of the season

christian bishop | lorient
the success of
christian
last season doesn't require separate awards, such as
official
miracle man
, or
manager's manager
etc. he achieved them all. easily. and by far.

whilst lorient have one of the poorest teams (and managers..) and were seemingly stuck in division four,
christian
defied the odds. not only dominating his league, and gaining promotion, he also topped the
miracle man
table and every applicable vote. he obviously enjoys sitting astride large polls..

|m
anager of division one

si nicholls | wigan
si nicholl
's wigan performed better than any other team in the first division this season and, thus, is the proud winner of the
mm
award for the premiership.

again, this member won both awards (
miracle man
and
manager's manager
) yet it was closer than a very close thing with an extra special reason to be close.

his opponent,
ben magee
, was pipped at the post by just one vote in the poll by their peers. on one side was the '
si
performed relatively better
', against the other
'
ben
finished higher in the division
' - that one has constructed a great team since over many months
vs
a poorer team that achieved much from less was the order of the day from the two opposing camps of voters.

in the end,
si nicholls
reigns as the division one
manager's manager
, whilst
ben magee
begins his well deserved reign as champion of division one.

|m
anager of division two

maarten pouw | real betis
although new members traditionally perform poorly to begin with, the man with the unfeasible amount of vowels in his name gained promotion in his first season and is, as above, rewarded with both the
miracle man
and
manager's manager
titles.

|m
anager of division three

ashley kirk | southampton
following a terrible season in which he played like a total booby,
ashley
returned this season to punish almost everyone whom faced his side.
kirky
, like the others, is awarded both titles this season (one senses a trend..) and i look forward to the day that someone punches him in the chops.

|m
anager of division four

christian bishop | lorient
what a guy. the type of bloke whom makes one drop to their knee's and thank god they're a man. that said, i imagine any normal folk with such a beard would put it to better use (note to self| research
'better use'
for beards..)

true story
| whilst researching applicants for dais genesis, the first post i read of
christian
's (
elohim
) was a discussion between two managers.
christian
had replied [something along the lines of] that
'who would mindfully select leyton orient?'

i, at that very moment, received a personal message from him choosing
'Lorient'
and i, erm, in a confused state, um, well, guess the rest..

along with being crowned champion of division four,
christian
also was awarded the
miracle man
award, the
manager's manager
award and the title of
dais genesis
manager of the season
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: DAiS Genesis | Media

NOWINHO SACKED BY THE VENKY'S

Blackburn Rovers manager Jose Nowinho

was controversially sacked by owners the Venky's last week.

After 2 promotions the ungrateful gets got rid of him

because Rovers were relegated from Division 1

and are currently struggling, bottom of Division 2.

Rovers fans were disgusted...

Nowinho said,

"They can stick chickens up their jacksy!!!"

In all seriousness though fellas,

it's been great fun to be a part of the Dais Revolution.

Keep up the good work ya sheep fiddler. :D

NOWINHO SACKED BY THE VENKY'S

Blackburn Rovers manager Jose Nowinho

was controversially sacked by owners the Venky's last week.

After 2 promotions the ungrateful gets got rid of him

because Rovers were relegated from Division 1

and are currently struggling' date=' bottom of Division 2.

Rovers fans were disgusted...

Nowinho said,

"They can stick chickens up their jacksy!!!"

In all seriousness though fellas,

it's been great fun to be a part of the Dais Revolution.

Keep up the good work ya sheep fiddler. :D[/quote']

so the Masters table goes back to having 1 seat? :(

• 2 weeks later...

workinprogress1complete_zps1477c635.jpg

Smurf's Rundown of the season so far:

Div 1: with 10 games gone it is currently Hannover 96 who sit top by 3 points over 2nd place Deportivo who they beat in the last game. Hannover have topped the league on many occasions over the seasons but have failed to win any league titles, coming within 1 point previously.

Again this season Division 1 is a closely contested affair with only 6 points seperating 2nd from 8th with Celtic and Sochaux currently in the drop zone but with 4 games remaining anything can happen.

Div 2: West Brom, Atlanta and Blackburn are the 3 main teams in contention for the top spot, the former 2 teams having both played in Division 1 previously will hope that puts them in good stead for the final 4 games

Torino and Espanyol find themselves in the relegation fight with Basel just outside the bottom two but within 2 points of the drop.

Div 3: Forest Green are defying the odds to lead the group with Mainz close behind by 1 point. the middle of the group is seperated by just 3 points from 3rd to 7th which will keep things interesting in regards to who scores a playoff place at the end of the season.

Lasy years over achievers from Div 4 Leyton Orient find themselves rotted to the foot of Div 3 and are almost certain to go back down to Div 4

Div 4: Birmingham currently hold top spot by 7 points and look odds on to be promoted at the end of the season. Lens, Cardiff, Leicester, Watford and Dnipro will all fight it out for those two play off places and the chance of Div 3 football next season

• 3 weeks later...

2032.pngSmall Talk from Cornellà

"A bittersweet season for Espanyol". This is how Espanyol's manager Marcos Vitorino refers to the sixth season of DAiS Genesis. We had an informal talk with him at the Spaniards home.

[El Periódico]

Thank you Marcos for receiving us here at Cornellà. How do you describe this season for Espanyol?

[Marcos Vitorino]

Well, this was a bittersweet season for us... Unfortunately being relegated seemed to erase everything else but w
e won the Cup for the second consecutive season and also managed to reach the semis of the SMFA Shield. We were unlucky to get Parma, that clearly was stronger in both games and is going to play against Valencia today in the final.

After being present in the promotion playoffs three times in six seasons and not being able to achieve the goal, we risked this situation. These are very competitive and uncertain Divisions, and if you loose a couple of games in a row, you really end up in a bad situation. Of course that nine points is too bad to be true and we never expected that to happen.

[EP]

And now in Div3, what do you think that will happen? Do you aim for the promotion right away? The Cup will still be a goal?

[MV]

As I told before, the competition is very tight across all the Divisions and staying all this time in Div2 doesn't mean that we can be back in one season. That's what we wish and what we will fight for, that I can assure you! I believe in this group of players and I think they will take the challenge seriously.

Regarding the Cup, we still have to evaluate our commitment after having the team closed. Maybe we have to be more focused. Espanyol is not a rich club, and the Cup was a way to bring more money in, not only via the Cup itself, but also via SMFA Shield. Now that we are in Div3, maybe we have to review that.

[EPC]

Speaking about players and strategy, stability has been one of the key aspects of this management. Being relegated could be an opportunity for some deeper changes?

[MV]

It indeed can be an opportunity to access our strategy, our day by day management, but not to put a revolution in place. I already had a long talk with Mr. Chairman and we managed to put our differences aside mostly because we share the love for this club. Going back to your question, we are thinking on shorten the squad a bit and maybe to let go a couple of players with less played time but we are not going to very deep changes.

to be continued... maybe
:)

Guest drseanfitz

coming-soon_zpsc621d9b0.gif

Sir Sean presents:

'The

Megasuper-fudgeycurlywurly-notamiraclemanripoff-butacompetitionaroundteams-butrewardshonours-andgivesteamsoutsidedivision4and3-achanceofsomething-andisquitepossiblythemostfunnestthingever

Trophy'

the-old-git-football-trophy_zpsa193990f.jpg

Guest drseanfitz

The winner of the first Megasuper-fudgeycurlywurly-notamiraclemanripoff-butacompetitionaroundteams-butrewardshonours-andgivesteamsoutsidedivision4and3-achanceofsomething-andisquitepossiblythemostfunnestthingever trophy is:

the-old-git-football-trophy_zpsa193990f.jpg

Birmingham City

Congratulations to everyone involved with the club.

genesis2_zpsf9cc63c9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

dais genesis | awards | season six

picture.php?albumid=444&pictureid=3089

dais genesis awards | season six

well pick my nose and scratch my bum..
dais genesis
has celebrated its first anniversary - of course, being blokes, we all forgot about it. still, it's such a remarkable achievement one thinks, especially as it is now more feature packed, immersive and stronger than ever.

yet, not that adding stuff, inventing new angles, or giving it a polish has meant its 'value' has become greater than it originally was. simply,
dais genesis
was created with communication as its sole basis. provide the means and the game world becomes a life of its own, once filled with great people (and they
are
great..)

it
lives
breathes
laughs
loves
spits
and
vents
. i could walk away and it still would have a soul.

not that i would want to turn my back upon this lot.. gits, the lot of them..

yeeah.. anyway, below is a graph to show the top performing managers in season six. to be considered among the best, one must be in division four, or three at a push. no, w.wait.. winning consistently and comprehensively will suffice..

whilst this table and the awards below show and reward excellence, special mention is due to
yuri laszlo
for his contribution(s) in designing the
manager of the season
banner. many thanks
yuri
, an excellent job and most kind of you.

of course, another reason for highlighting him especially is due to the unlikelihood of him appearing in the table and awards below showing and rewarding excellence..
picture.php?albumid=472&pictureid=3433

i shouldn't fail to mention
david garvock
of course, whom works tirelessly (and has to put up with my constant demands, those of which
yuri
has recently discovered) to provide an excellent service for us all.

|m
anager of the season

david garvock | birmingham
hanging on to his bum all season,
stewart lauder
can chase a man like no other (he's always eager for a good craic..) yet it was
dave
(flash - he's a miracle)
garvock
whom preserved his dignity by winning not only the
manager's manager
title but also the
dais genesis
official
award for greatest performance.

that said, one's performance is calculated via a system called
miracle man of the season
(mm)
, a system of which
flash
designed and administrates himself. which is somewhat as fishy as my wife's apple crumble..

yet, following brilliant results this season,
david
(just a man with a mans courage)
garvock
it is. although (and as a new feature of
dais genesis
), the winner not only holds such an honourable title but also receives the following prize..
picture.php?albumid=472&pictureid=3434

the above banner, very kindly designed and created by
yuri laszlo
, is the first of each season's official winner of the
dais genesis
manager of the season
award. many, many thanks to
yuri

|m
anager of division one

scott samuels | hanover (managers manager)
in a noticeable u-turn to recent seasons,
scott samuels
ran away with the premier trophy this season. although not very fast, as he's rather fat..

teams in division one have, for some time, remained tightly packed and difficult to separate. a bit like getting
sean fitzpatrick
to smile, very hard to achieve but probably a lot of fun attempting such with a gardening tool..

ben magee | trabzonspor (miracle man)

throughout the history of
dais genesis
, the rise of
ben magee
has been remarkable. consistently improving his team and progressing from his original starting place in division.. yeeah, probably a long way back..

following his reign as champions in season five, enabling his players to punch above their weight ensures
ben
receives the division one
miracle man
award.

|m
anager of division two

ashley kirk | southampton (miracle man)
although losing during the play offs,
kirky
stuffed everyone in the division with regards to the
mm
tables. and, whilst missing out on a successive promotion, with a bit of luck he may be run over by a car (or bigger) soon..

niall taylor | blackburn (managers manager)

the voting was never more contested than in division two this season. firstly there was
ashley kirk
(southampton) whom, despite his sparkling personality, received few votes - yet his season was a great success and his performance in the
mm
tables were completely uncontested.

then there was
lee bradbury
(atalanta). whilst starting off as soft as a pudenda, he finished as hard as a.. yeeah.. and gained promotion via the play offs.

yet the winner was
niall taylor
(blackburn), a newcomer to our game world and someone whom admittedly likes to spend his life inshore with sheep and, offshore, with a bunch of men..

whilst not playing the full season, in fact only 57.14285% of it, the
hindlegger
(
'there can be only ewe'
) achieved such an immediate and sustained turnaround of results that voters flocked to his side to be embraced by his succulent minty-saucyness..

|m
anager of division three

stewart lauder | forest green rovers (miracle man and managers manager)
oh for ..ests sake, not him again. starting as one of the very weakest teams in the whole game world,
stewart
has worked his tiara off to build a great side. thus, being promoted from division three as champions has added another sequin to his frock.

very deserving of both the
managers manager
and official
mm
titles in his division this season.

|m
anager of division four

david garvock | birmingham (miracle man and managers manager)
git.

no one has a look-in (hey! remember that magazine?!) when one wins as consistently and comprehensively as birmingham this season. as champions of division four,
dave
joins an exclusive list with such names as
garry crawford
and
christian bishop
- whom are currently reaching the giddy heights of 31st and 32nd in the league..

along with being crowned champion of division four,
dave
also was awarded the
miracle man
award, the
manager's manager
award and the title of
dais genesis
manager of the season

git.

Leyton_Orient_FC_logo.png

-A Leyton Orient Story-

Just thought I'd tell ya'll how I'm fairing with the players in my side ... I was given the wrong team to start with (wich I'm quite grateful for atm) .. and I had to focus on buying cheap risers.

The choices fell on Paul Pogba, Samuel Umtiti, Lucas Digne & Adrien Rabiot (the only youngsters that I still have in my team since season 1)

Samuel Umtiti cost me 2.1 Million

Lucas Digne cost me 2.1 Million

Adrien Rabiot cost me 794K first time, then I traded him away for Leroy Fer and then bought him back for 1.7 Million wich lands him at 2.5 Million in total

And lastly we have Paul Pogba who cost me 889K ...

lucas-digne.jpgSamuelUmtiti-celebrates130113R300.jpg

iconsport_die_110712_05_25-300x300.jpgPaulPogba-runs121010R300.jpg

Umtiti has risen from 80 to 88

Digne has risen from 80 to 88

Rabiot has risen from 75 to 82

Pogba has risen from 77 to 89

All in all I spent 7.49 Million on these 4 players .... they're now, together, worth ... 41.7 million ... quite decent if I say so myself ...

:P

Other risers etc. I've used to bring in players like Vertonghen, Mandanda and Gameiro ... Daniel Ginczek is a recent acquisition that I bought cheaply as an alternative to Kevin Gameiro and Rafik Djebbour ... I have extremely high hopes for him, he joined Nurnberg for this season from Borussia Dortmund, didn't play for dortmund but were the 2nd best scorer in Zweite bundesliga for St.Pauli last season ... And the way he's started this season (I've watched every Nurnberg game almost) I can guarantee you he'll be an 87 atleast come the end of this season!

I've also acquired the services of French RB Paul Baysse ... I bought him from Stade Brestois when he was still a Brestois player but has since in real life moved to Saint-Etienne to become their starting RB, atleast that was their hope and initial thought ... Paul Baysse was bought to A.S.S.E. only 8 days after he returned from a devastating knee injury that kept him away from the game for 6 months ... he had only been in training with A.S.S.E. for 1 month when he injured his knee again, again ... 6 months away from football and expected to return at the end of February next year.

Even tho he's injured, Baysse is top 3 in the leauge when it comes to RB, when in form ofcourse, and let's just hope that he recovers 100% from the injury that in total has kept him away from football for roughly 1 year!

As previously mentioned, the superman from Belgium, Tottenham's leader in the defense, Jan Vertonghen has also put pen to paper and inked a contract with L.Orient! After saving up as much money as possible after the sales of several high-profile players, Mr.Bishop decided to throw all on one card and sent an offer to Barcelona for SuperJan consisting of Milan Bisevac + Zdravko Kuzmanovic + 6.9 million. This offer turned out to be far too good to decline and once the news broke to the people of Leyton ... the celebrations knew no end! Not only did they now have 2 of French footballs most promising defenders in their ranks, now one of the best centrebacks in the World had decided to join them! Oh what a feeling for all the supporters of the club, how long hadn't they stood in the stands, loyal supporters, always cheering their team on, for good and for bad ... waiting for this day to come! They now had a back 4 they knew they could count on!

They now had the leader that they'd been waiting for! The one with the experience to guide the youngsters like Umtiti,Digne and Dingome to new heights in the game and in their respective careers!

SuperJan proved to be nothing short of a success at L.Orient, and despite the idle rumours of him being unhappy he swept all those rumours aside when he featured in every game of last season for the mighty muppets!

14 games in the league that resulted in 4 goals and 2 assists and the fans knew that here they had a defender that they could rely on for years to come! 22 games have Vertonghen played so far for L.Orient, and the way things are atm, there'll be ALOT more games to be played for the Belgian superstar!

Let us go back to the GK now then, because no team in the world is complete without a GK that can hold his ground and make the important saves at the end of games. After playing 37 games for the club, Greek youngsters Stefanos Kapino was told that he was no longer part of the L.Orient plans and he was traded away to Stade Brestois in exchange for the fantastic RB Paul Baysse!

It was a terrible breakup as Kapino had really flourished in L.Orient, quickly becoming a fans favourite and a star on the pitch ... but the L.Orient gaffer realized that in order to compete at the highest level, a better GK was needed ... a more stabile and experienced GK. Enter, Steve Mandanda!

Steve-Mandanda-110915-Gestures-R300.jpg

The 28yo GK was brought in from Manchester City around the time that the gaffer had realized that someone new was needed! He scoured the transfermarket and eventually, his gaze fell upon the 2nd choice french NT GK Steve Mandanda!

After already having featured in previous seasons for Blackburn Rovers, it took a while to persuade Mandanda to make a return to the fabled world that is DAiS Genesis! But at the end of the day he came and has since his arrival stood between the posts in domestic league games 50 times so far! And from the looks of it, he ain't leaving anytime soon!

A good GK is vital to any team, and with the GK and defensive lineup sorted ... L.Orient were well chuffed ... so they turned their gaze to the midfield, because as you might be aware, the L.Orient manager always builds from the back to the front ... he values a good defense higher then a good offense!

If we now turn our gaze to the midfielders, we have, except for Pogba, Jake Livermore and Leroy Fer!

Perhaps not 2 names that causes opponents to shiver with fear and respect but nontheless, 2 players that knows the game and knows how to play it on a respectable level! Jake Livermore were bought in the first season for a shy 2.8 million whilst Leroy Fer wasn't bought until season 3 when we paid Adrien Rabiot + a considerable amount of cash for the dutch tank!

Jake Livermore is known to be a personal favourite of the manager and it has shown over the season with the amount of games he's got!

Leroy Fer has been in and out of the team since his arrival but he has always been well liked wich is also reflected in the amount of games he's played for L.Orient!

Football+-+Premier+League+10-1.jpgLeroy-Fer-120226-Dribbles-G-300.jpg

Jake Livermore has, since the first season and the very first game actually, featured in a massive 47 league games for L.Orient amassing an impressive 17 goals and 7 assists! Showing that whilst underrated, he knows how to bag em!! 17 goals is quite an achievment for a player that is considered to be so bad and is playing for a weak side as Leyton Orient! But he's stepped up and done his job very well and for that, he's an eternal fan favourite!

Leroy Fer on the other hand came to the club later then Jake Livermore, but being the higher rated player, he has also gotten a few games in! Counting 41 games since his arrival late in season 3! and along with these 41 games, 5 goals and 4 assists have been marked down next to Fer's name in the books! Not a high number but then again, Fer is considerably more defensive minded then Paul Pogba and Jake Livermore so he's doing his job very well!

If we now go to the AM's ... we have 4 currently in the club, but one of them has just been told this morning that he's no longer wanted at the club and needs to pack his bags ASAP!

Adel Taarabt have been at the club since day 1 ... and ahve played 29 games for L.Orient but with times changing and not enough cash in the club ... someone needs to be cut and that someone unfortunately is Adel Taarabt! The club wishes him the best of luck for his future endeavours!

Now then, if we continue onto the 3 AM's that are left in the team we have Ola Toivonen, Nathan Redmond and Florian Thauvin!

Ola-Toivonen-101201-Celebrates-R-300.jpg

Nathan+Redmond+Birmingham+City+v+Bolton+Wanderers+Yq_XDwhl6lal1-594x350-300x300.pngom-toulouse-ligue-1-nul-championnat-de-france.jpg

Out of the 3, Toivonen is the most experienced and the most established player! Being one of the stars of PSV aswell as an on-and-off regular for the Swedish NT! He comes from the same county as the manager wich is why he was bought if we are to believe the rumours! Perhaps it's a bit of a love saga in the making!? He has featured in 26 games so far for Leyton Orient! Spending the first 3 seasons at AS Monaco he cried with relief when Dujo released him from his terrible reign! He hasn't really been a standout player so far, nor has he shown any real promise, and should most likely feel extremely threatened by the 2 up-and-coming youngsters in Nathan Redmond and Florian Thauvin!

Redmond is a real youngster! only 19 years of age but already an established player in the two top leagues of England! Recently bought by Norwich and he has started 5 out of 5 games for them so far! This fills not only the manager with hope but the entire town! We've got a rising star in our ranks and he can only get better! 11 games so far for L.Orient with only the 1 goal ... but Redmond is a lethal player and we know he won't let us down!

If we go on to the giant baby that is Florian Thauvin instead then ... a great talent, but a catastrophically bad attitude ... only 20 years of age but has already done a Tevez and refused to play and train for his club and demanded a transfer (after only havin belonged to the club for 6 months and not played a single game for them) ... have joined Marseille and is on the rise for them. A great player, but like a said ... terrible attitude! Needs a wakeup call and might even be sold! Only 6 games so far for L.Orient!

And here we now are ... the strikers! A trio of forwards is what L.Orient has, unless ofcourse we count the up-and-coming star youth that is Divock Origi (wich he wont) ...

Kevin Gameiro, Rafik Djebbour and Daniel Ginczek ... there you have the names of those that are meant to score the goals for the mighty muppets for the foreseeable future!

Gameiro was recently sold from PSG to Sevilla and is looking to re-ignite his career at the spaniards! Djebbour is one of the stars in the Greek powerhouse Olympiacos and is, in the managers mind one of the most underrated strikers in football! A tank, an engine, never stops running and never stops fighting! And lastly, we have Daniel Ginczek! A young german striker that'll be on everyones lips within a year or two!

Kevin-Gameiro.jpgRafik-Djebbour-101021-Inaction-R300.jpg

300x.jpg

Kevin Gameiro has long been Mr.Bishop's favourite striker ... with both Djebbour and Ginczek on his top 5 list! But given the appauling state of the club when Bishop was given the wrong club to start with, it took quite a while before any noteable signings were able to be made! Especially any noteable striker signings! However Kevin Gameiro was bought in season 4 and has made 34 appearances for L.Orient in that time, scoring 10 goals and being noted for 9 assists! However, as L.Orient has had a number of tough opponents, it wasn't until Gameiro were in the team that they managed to win Division 4! And that says something about this striker!

Rafik Djebbour was bought during season 3 and has since that time managed to appear in 29 games ( 5 less then Gameiro who arrived a season later) but have scored 13 goals and being noted for 8 assist in that brief time!) ... This is a striker that should be on every major club's radar or atleast poke the interest of clubs like Everton,Liverpool,Schalke,Valencia,Lyon etc. ... but none has come and good for Olympiakos because Djebbour have been absolutely amazing for them! But alas, He went to Sivvasspor after an amazing season yet again for Olympiakos, why I don't know but he did and it was a real shame! Scored 20 goals for Olympiacos last season and in the last 3 years at Olympiacos he won 5 different titles! Nevertheless, he's an important player for this team!

Lastly we have Daniel Ginczek! The rising german kid that has yet to feature for his new club, rumours has it that tonight, he'll make his debut! It remains to be seen tho wether or not he'll have a great career at L.Orient ... what we do know however ... is that he's a fantastic footballer!

ecusson_fsv_mainz_1.gif

Some changes done in the midfield for Mainz lately as Fellaini was reportedly shown the door after refusing to cut his hair.

A great opportunity came up when Marchisio wanted a move from Malaga and a swap between the two was immediatly worked on.

Preppens interest in Marchisio did not come out of the blue as he's always been on the swedes radar, he is a very hard working player and probably one of the most complete midfielders around.

Although known for his abilities of going forward with good dribbling skills and a fierce shot, he's most known for his incredible work ethic which is very important for Mainz to have as they're looking to get back to div.2 as soon as possible.

Claudio+Marchisio+Leonardo+Bonucci+rE2FzCo66k8m.jpg

"Little Prince" and Bonucci reunited at Mainz!

Yesterday another midfielder joined Mainz aswell, and that was Gianneli Imbula from Marseille in a swap deal with former 2nd keeper Brkic.

Brkic struggled to impress Preppens and did not play a minute for the club under the management of the swede.

With Patricio as the uncontested number one between the posts, reinforcements was needed more on other positions in the team, so the deal shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone.

Imbula is a man for the future, but with the lack of options it's not very unlikely that he'll make his debut for the club this season already.

Even though Mainz is a relativly small club with a tight budget, more changes in the squad is to be expected as they're trying to push for a promotion spot to div.2, this after failing to achieve promotion last season when they were knocked out in the playoff round by Blackpool.

Blackburn-Rovers-chicken-008_zpsf26bcc7f.jpg

Blackburn Rovers Manager Niall Taylor has been busy in the transfer market this past week, Owners Venky's let Taylor splash the cash they had re-couped from high chicken sales

In have come Iniesta, Danny, Lennon & Maicon.

To be totally honest we were bloody lucky to go up last season as the squad left to me by the previous manager well was.......rubbish!

So i new we had to make changes, i tried to do some deals with other managers but i think i scared them off with who i wanted in return, so we went to the external market and brought in some quality something the last manger didnt kniow about!, I shall be looking at a few movre deals over the next few weeks as we aim to stay in the top divison, id also like to take this opertunity to say thanks for my DIV 2 manager award, thanks alot:D

• 4 weeks later...

2032.pngSeason 7 - Final episodes coming soon

With only two matches to go, the time of big decisions has arrived. As usual each point counts! Each tackle, each run, each attack, each goal or missed shot will be of a huge importance for the final standings. Let the artists play and the better team wins.

After a good series of results that almost made the fans believe in the fight for the 1st place, Espanyol lost twice for the League. FC Basel and Birmingham were the ones responsible. The injuries of Torres and Klose are definitely a major breakdown at this time of the season. Anyway, between these two matches they had time to win SSC Napoli 6-2 on aggregate for the SFMA Shield and progressed to the Semi's.

The match against Hertha at Cornellà will be decisive for the Spaniards' aspirations. The direct promotion seems to be a mirage now, and to hold on to a playoff position is vital for the team. With 14 points, Hertha stands 6th in the table. Having good values and a strong starting eleven, the Germans seem to be a difficult challenge. Neymar and Podolski are always ready to make the net swing, and if the defense was more solid, we would have here a candidate to a greater League performance.

Leicester in the final match, also at home, could turn into a veneration of the crowned champions or into a desperate fight for the playoffs. Leicester only lost twice for the League this season, one against Espanyol. The wishes for revenge are present in the English minds. Nocerino and Pazzini lead a well balanced group of great performers that will do what it takes to end the season with a win.

The beautiful city of Barcelona will be presented with two decisive matches for their loved team Espanyol! "FC Barcelona?... Is that something to eat?!" said Marcos in the press room.

Following comments in the press by our former manager Blackburn would like clear up a few facts

When Niall Taylor took over we were in a poor position and our form was woeful we then surprised everyone including ourself with a championship winning season, the team Taylor inherited was very unbalanced and to an extent still is, as you can see from the situation Taylor has got us in this season, We will now sell off 20,000 chickens to KFC to allow Taylor a final chance in the Transfer market and plan for next season whether thats in Div 1 or Div 2.

We shall also consider offers on every player assigned to Blackburn Rovers, we are open for business between the hours of 7am and 10pm with late night openings at the weekend untill Midnight

Regards

Venky's

Following comments in the press by our former manager Blackburn would like clear up a few facts

When Niall Taylor took over we were in a poor position and our form was woeful we then surprised everyone including ourself with a championship winning season' date=' the team Taylor inherited was very unbalanced and to an extent still is, as you can see from the situation Taylor has got us in this season, We will now sell off 20,000 chickens to KFC.

Regards

Venky's[/quote']

I'll have a bargain bucket, corn on the cob and a Vienetta ice cream.

1000th FORUM POST

[MOVE]Nowinho's aplomb at West Brom[/MOVE]

When Blackburn Rovers former manager was announced

as the new boss of West Bromwich Albion.

It offered a ray of light at the end of a difficult season for Baggies fans.

Nowinho's time at Rovers, mirrors the fortunes of WBA.

A great start in the early seasons, disappointment in the latter.

But there's no doubt that Nowinho is a manager

who knows how to create trophy winning teams.

And his managerial debut couldn't have been much more dramatic tonight.

To stave off almost inevitable relegation,

West Brom needed to win and hope Torino lost or drew.

The odds were very long but incredibly,

somehow WBA survive and stay in Division Two!!

Nowinho showed particular cunning and savvy by signing 2 players

on loan from Parma.

Defender Ben Davies and striker Ishak Belfodil.

It was Belfodil who will forever be remembered for scoring

the 86th minute winner, while Torino were losing 0-3 at home.

A perfect way for a new manager to begin!

PRESS CONFERENCE

[Reporter 1]

"Great start Jose, congratulations on survival.

How do you feel?"

[Nowinho]

"Like i've just slept with all 5 girls from The Saturdays."

[Reporter 2]

"Did you ever believe you wouldn't get relegated?"

[Nowinho]

"I took charge of the team about an hour before kick off.

I didn't have time to ponder, all I knew is we had to win our match."

[Reporter 3]

"Is this a greater achievement than anything you did with Blackburn?"

[Nowinho]

"I was proud of the many successes we had at Rovers.

This is different but still special."

[Reporter 4]

"Are you angry at being sacked by the Venky's?"

[Nowinho]

"I expected it."

[Reporter 5]

"The Venky's still claim that you walked from the club, is this true?"

[Nowinho]

"Eating dodgy chickens has reduced their brain cells."

[Reporter 6]

"From Blackburn to West Bromwich. You like the grim towns?"

[Nowinho]

"Monaco didn't call"

[Reporter 7]

"What are your aims for next season with West Brom?"

[Nowinho]

"I was wondering when someone would ask me a decent question again.

The squad is stacked with incredible players, wonderful talent,

world stars.

But there's an alarming lack of depth.

We need to address that but it will take time and money.

I don't expect us to be in a relegation battle again.

I'd like for us to challenge for promotion and the title,

but we'll see."

[Reporter 8]

"Blackburn were relegated tonight so they'll be back in Division 2.

After receiving criticism from their current manager,

are you looking forward to facing them next season?"

[Nowinho]

"Can't say i'm surprised they were relegated."

[Reporter 9]

"Are the women better looking in Blackburn or West Bromwich?"

[Nowinho]

"They're better looking in your house.

I've been round there enough times when you've been out."

Approaching the Playoffs.

The goal this season for Mainz was announced at the start of the campaign and it was to take revenge on last seasons play-off final loss and get back to division 2. Last season it was Blackpool who advanced via the play-offs. And it was a tight match which in the end had to be decided through penalties (2-2 after 90 minutes). Unfortunately for Preppens and his Mainz, Blackpool came out on top after the pens and Mainz was sentenced to division 3 play for another season.

With Piszczek suspended and Ivanovic out injured a four-man defense was out of the question for the last games of the season as the duo are the only fullbacks that are eligible to play on the right side. Therefor Preppens went with what appeared to be a 3-5-2.

Ivanovic is still out injured, and will definitely miss the play-off final against Marcos Vitorinos RCD Espanyol tonight.

Piszczek on the other hand is back from his suspension which means that Mainz could go back to their standard formation tonight.

However, Preppens has stated that he'll wait til the very last minute to make his decision on what formation to use, as he's well aware of the fact that the original four man defense is what has been their greatest strength this season as they've only conceded 19 goals in 14 games.

But as everyone knows, it's not always wise to make changes in a currently winning side.

Espanyol on the other hand will go in to this fixture with full strength as they have all players available for selection.

Although they are not in the best form right now which is extremely bad timing as you essentially want to peak nearing the end of the season and the potential playoff games.

It should however be a very tight affair tonight so may the best manager win.

Referee: Victor Carillo (Peru)

Time: Tonight at 20.00

Archived