Gold Championships - Bringing Value To Cash & Realism To The Game

Artifex

Now firstly, I'd like to apologise whether this improvement has already been suggested, slated and rejected by SM :P But seeing as though many Gameworlds now (Not only Gold Championships) are dominated by managers asking for Player Exchange deals, consequently making cash relatively ineffective.

Browsing through different clubs on different Gold Championships, I see that there are various clubs with hundreds of millions of £ and have the minimum amount of players because they've been destroyed by managed clubs who simply buy out the competition if they have the power to.

What I suggest is that, like we have a minimum amount of players in a squad, why not introduce a maximum squad size? I fortunately came across an AC Milan in a Gold Championship recently and saw that they had 105 players :eek:, I'm sure there's way more in the game but having such an amount of players is ridiculous. There should be a cap on how many players you can have in your first team squad (Aged 22+ mind ;)) ... It brings realism to the game and will help the transfer market as manager would now be willing to sell a player for cash in order to bring in another 2 or 3 players. It's basic give and receive where a big club may sell their fringe 88 rated player for cash because they'd want to free up space to bring in a 90+ rated player.

In real life football we have that too, where clubs are required t register 25 players at maximum to play for the whole season. Now we know that registering players or even a 25 man squad is somewhat unrealistic and undesirable for this game, but why not have a limit of 30/40 players for the first team squad. This will in turn persuade managers to sell for cash and allowing a more free flowing transfer market where every club now has a chance to improve their squad. The transfer market is monopolized by the big teams where they simply buy every single 86+ rated external player or free agent, giving the minnows no chance whatsoever. This way, you'd also have less chance of player concerns too which seems to ironically be affecting every manager with a massive team :rolleyes:

I understand that SM cannot simply make this change immediately, nor can it be implemented onto past Gameworlds... But why not have this rule for future GWs or even future Gold Championships?

It will definitely enable a more active transfer market where cash is valued, there will be less concerns from players who aren't getting any game time because they have another 5 or 6 players ahead of them in the starting line up :rolleyes:, and will also prevent big clubs from monopolizing the transfer market and in turn bringing some realism and fairness to the Gameworld.

Re: Gold Championships - Bringing Value To Cash & Realism To The Game

Now firstly' date=' I'd like to apologise whether this improvement has already been suggested, slated and rejected by SM :P [/quote']

They have, and it's a real hot topic at the moment. SM seem totally oblivious to it all by the way, or they are either A beavering away on a fix, or B not bothered what we think.

The squad size thing was a particular favourite of mine also, with that we wouldn't of needed any player concerns, or at least none as strict. If all concerns were raised and resolved during the close season it would make things much easier to handle for the players as well.

There is a squad in one of my game worlds with 220 players in!!!! but concerns are turned off, needless to say it's a ghost town of a game world with hardly any transfer activity. I only stick around as I have Messi and I'm carrying out a player experiment of only playing youth players along with Messi and one or two other senior players and seeing how well I can do (currently top of the league, but it's early days).

Crazy :D

They have' date=' and it's a real hot topic at the moment. SM seem totally oblivious to it all by the way, or they are either A beavering away on a fix, or B not bothered what we think.

The squad size thing was a particular favourite of mine also, with that we wouldn't of needed any player concerns, or at least none as strict. If all concerns were raised and resolved during the close season it would make things much easier to handle for the players as well.

There is a squad in one of my game worlds with 220 players in!!!! but concerns are turned off, needless to say it's a ghost town of a game world with hardly any transfer activity. I only stick around as I have Messi and I'm carrying out a player experiment of only playing youth players along with Messi and one or two other senior players and seeing how well I can do (currently top of the league, but it's early days).

Crazy :D[/quote']

Ha I should've realized that SM wouldn't really pay any serious attention to this.

I mean why consider a suggestion that just may help reignite some excitement and activity in Gold Championships just when they're introducing them every 2 days hmm :P

Ha I should've realized that SM wouldn't really pay any serious attention to this.

I mean why consider a suggestion that just may help reignite some excitement and activity in Gold Championships just when they're introducing them every 2 days hmm :P

They really don't seem to have much of a clue, I personally think that they are overwhelmed by the size of the game now and it's getting out of control.

They never seem to respond to anything on the forums, you think they'd look there to get some kind of clue as to how the great unwashed masses who play the game are enjoying (or not) their game.

They kind of move the goalposts without warning as well, which is particularly annoying when it comes to concerns as it naturally results in players leaving clubs. Some of this is down to lazy managers, but others (like myself) want to try to work with the new rules and not against them. I am in favour of them, but I'd like to be more informed about how they work and how to avoid them, at the moment I'm groping in the dark like a lot of people.

:)

40 sounds nice. It's funny because I go through game worlds looking for ones that have few managed clubs (more players available) and suddenly I see one that has like 5 managed clubs. I feel so happy at first, then I realize that Internazionale currently has 70 players.

I've also just browsed through the latest GC that was made and seen that most clubs are now unmanaged throughout the various leagues. If SM are to introduce new GC's every few days, then why not also remove some of the inactive leagues to reduce the number of unmanaged clubs? I mean, many people take up clubs in leagues such as Ecuador, Austria, Japan, Switzerland because other clubs in the top flight are taken. Seeing as though this won't be the case in the upcoming days; then in order to counter unmanaged clubs, remove some of these leagues where these clubs are just gonna stay managerless and consequently be ruined by other rich clubs.

to counter unmanaged clubs' date=' remove some of these leagues where these clubs are just gonna stay managerless and consequently be ruined by other rich clubs.[/quote']

This is the catch 22 situation that SM is placing itself in with selling the 'reserve a team' feature, there are probably loads of people who want Real or Barca etc and there can only be 1 in each game world so what else can they do but keep creating new game worlds, which are only wanted by managers who want to manage Real or Barca and consequently all the new managers avoid them as Real and Barca are already taken and have probably snapped up all the best players as they are super rich clubs. It's a vicious circle, but SM want our money too bad to keep us waiting around.

40 sounds nice. It's funny because I go through game worlds looking for ones that have few managed clubs (more players available) and suddenly I see one that has like 5 managed clubs. I feel so happy at first' date=' then I realize that Internazionale currently has 70 players.[/quote']

This is why SM came up with the concerns, to prevent teams hoarding all the talent. They are right to do it, but wrong in the way they are doing it.

The squad cap idea was the best one for my money, but the die have been cast and we are stuck with concerns now. I can't see how they'd get out of it at this stage.

If this was a soap opera they could claim it was all a (bad) dream sequence episode and just remove them and try something else, but alas....

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the idea of a squad cap, since they don't exist in real life. I don't see a problem with the player concern system, TBH. It has forced me to sell on players who I would have rather kept, since I simply can't give them all enough game time. My one issue with the concerns system is with youth players (under 21s) concerned with game time. On one of my teams I gave 20 year old Balotelli more minutes that the real Man City gave him last season, and he still wasn't happy, so I ended up selling him.

The source of the hoarding issue as I see it is that the gameworld economies are simply too rich. I just left a Celtic team in a GC that had over 300 million cash and essentially nowhere to spend it, since every other team also has tons of money.

GC's are ruined by easy money. Make revenues harder to come by (and/or raise player wages) and it will make it naturally harder to pay all your players, forcing you to let some go.

sm should let sm-coins become part of transfer bids.imo

That's the only way a cash only transfer market would work.

Balotelli...you are STUPID. In real life, money has worth, peoples lives and futures depend on it.

No one on SM gives a flying F C U K if their club is £50m in debt....they just DON'T. You would have to add something that actually affected the managers REAL LIFE. ie. coins.

I believe SM introduced the coins to go down this route, but we'll see in the future.

End of the day this is a fantasy game, and people do PE deals!

sm should let sm-coins become part of transfer bids.imo

to be honest this was one of the first things that crossed my mind as soon as they created this "coins" system as pretty much every other online game out there does have the added fact that if you throw cash at it' date=' it can/will give you an edge also(and obviously the main reason) providing an extra revenue stream for the game creators/owners etc

personally think it would be a very bad idea to introduce(from the gameplayer point of view) because it could and probably will introduce a whole host of new problems especially account cracking

but wheither or not the game does go down that route i guess we'll just have to wait and see

[/font']