Statistical Appearances

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

We've changed the display of player appearance statistics. It now displays: Appearances (Substitute Appearances). This means that if a player's league statistics displays 21 (4) for example, it means they've started 21 games and come no as a sub 4 times. We hope that this minor display change is easier for you to use.

Re: Statistical Appearances

We've changed the display of player appearance statistics. It now displays: Appearances (Substitute Appearances). This means that if a player's league statistics displays 21 (4) for example' date=' it means they've started 21 games and come no as a sub 4 times. We hope that this minor display change is easier for you to use.[/quote']

But you made the change only at the "Statistics" tab of the player's page. You haven't changed it at the "Tactics" Page: The information given when we move the mouse over a player is still displayed in the old way. So now the situation is kind of a mess. Please fix this.

Now it takes longer to check how many TOTAL appearances a player has made when trying to deal with these delightful concerns. I cant think this is a positive step in any way since it only shows league games and means you have to click on each individual player and add up the world champ shield/cup and smfa appearance also.

Could the figure shown when you hover not also include the cup games also and display the info in this new way?

Yes' date=' I think it's important that it shows the total number of games played (league,cup,shield) that work towards concerns.

[b']SMFA games shouldn't be included, because they don't count.[/b]

Unless I've misunderstood smfa games count only positively towards concerns and so should be counted.

Unless I've misunderstood smfa games count only positively towards concerns and so should be counted.

From the help-

"When deciding the maximum number of games a player could potentially play' date=' they only consider league games but [b']when counting the number of games they have played, all games were a player can lose fitness are counted[/b].

"

From the help-

Indeed the help doesnt indicate that smfa games count only positively. However I dont think this is the case. Hopefully a dev can enlighten!

Im pretty sure they do or did count positively because I'm at the end of the season in one league having used cup games effectively to stave off concerns - the only players to get them are the ones with under 30 appearances including cup appearances also.

The help guide needs proof reading were = where for example!

The tactics page should include all appearances that count towards concerns (it currently doesnt even include any cup games?!) Its monotonous having to click on each player then go to the statistics tab to add up each players appearances and compare that to how many league games you've already played. It took about 5 seconds of trying to do my teams to realise this obvious flaw!

Yes' date=' I think it's important that it shows the total number of games played (league,cup,shield) that work towards concerns.

SMFA games shouldn't be included, because they don't count.[/quote']

This.

Indeed the help doesnt indicate that smfa games count only positively. However I dont think this is the case. Hopefully a dev can enlighten!

The devs have said it. You have to read up on the player concerns thread.

This.

The devs have said it. You have to read up on the player concerns thread.

Not sure if youre agreeing with me or disagreeing!

I found the bit that confirms what I said in the following post (from here: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=54886&page=87) though it was over a year ago so I assume it to still be the case:

SMFA games won't effect player concerns in a negative way and can only help players stay happy. Players expect to play a certain % of league games and so any extra games (SMFA' date=' Cup, Shield etc) add to this total.

For example, if a player expected to play 28 out of a total of 38 league games, this 28 games could be made up of 20 league games, 4 SMFA games and 4 Cup/Shield games. Therefore the more competitions you are in the more your squad is likely to stay happy and Cup/Shield/SMFA games all count and help towards keeping players happy.

If a player expected to play 2 out of a total of 38 league games then playing him in 1 Cup and as a sub twice in Shield games will satisfy him.

There is no negative side, regarding concerns, with SMFA cup games. Every game a player plays in one of these matches is a bonus to his number of expected games.

[/quote']

In which case cup games should also be added to the figures shown on the tactics page because otherwise you have to click on an individual player, then their statistics tab and add on the cup games and compare it to the league games played.

All this just to keep a team happy. I want to be a football manager - I hate statistics!

Not sure if youre agreeing with me or disagreeing!

he was disagreeing.

According to the help section, SMFA games aren't going to count anymore. They said themseleves they had changed some of the rules. I don't believe that they made an error in what they wrote.

When they think about it, SMFA games should not in anyway be related to concerns because the manager doesn't always have a say in who makes the team... Not everyone is a gold manager remember.

It seems it's just League, Cups and shield games that count.

I don't mind the new appearances (sub appearances) system but surely you have to include cup games on the hover over pop up in the tactics page, it would take a long time to click on each player and count up how many cup games he's started in and then the one's he's come on as a sub in...

Please rectify this SM!

I don't mind the new appearances (sub appearances) system but surely you have to include cup games on the hover over pop up in the tactics page' date=' [b']it would take a long time to click on each player and count up how many cup games he's started in and then the one's he's come on as a sub in...

[/b]

Please rectify this SM!

Exactly! Im surprised no one else has said this - its a negative change because its makes choosing players based on appearances even longer.

Its the only reason I've been asking wether smfa games count positively or not. If they do they should be included also so you know exactly how many qualified games a player has contributed towards his concern.

How are you supposed to effectively manage concerns when you hover over a player and it says he has played 23 games when in actual infact when you look at his stats hes actually played 31 including the 2 non smfa cup games? Common sense it does not make.

I posted this point 3 days ago...

hello, i'm sorry to say but i really don't like what has been done with player statistics, I really did like the way it was displayed previously both on player profiles as well as on the tactics page, it doesn't make sense for substitute appearances not to be counted on to the total number of appearances, or just starting appearances now and so can seem as if a player has made fewer appearances in their career or season than they actually have, anyway i really hope you will consider changing the appearance of statistics back, thank you

Jonny Crayford.

We hope that this minor display change is easier for you to use.

Its really not. You have to add on cup games to effectively manage concerns. Even if smfa games dont count in non gold worlds (not sure on this as online help says not) you still have to manually add on the extra cups games- how does elongating the process make it easier to use?

Please just include all games that affect concerns positively.

I like the way that sub appearances are now separate from starting appearances, makes it more realistic as most real life stats are presented that way.

However, it's a MAJOR negative that the stats view on the tactics screen now only shows league games instead of all games played. I'd like to see this part of it rectified.

A more helpful 'games played' statistic would surely be the total of all clgames that count towards concerns including scoring 0.5 for a sub appearance and the maximum number of games the player could have played in this time next to it.

Ie...

5starts and 1sub-appearance in 8 games=5.5/8 (shown on display)

7starts and 3sub-appearances in 15 games (injured for 3games)=8.5/12

The starts and appearances would include both league and cup games that count towards concerns.

*due to cup games not counting in the 'games played' statistic the above stats would change accordingly dependent on whether cup/league games.

ie 5league apps out of 5league games = 5/5

4league apps + 1cup app after 4league games = 5/4

19 days and I still dont understand why cup games arent included in the statistics for players.

Would love to hear a decent reason as to why SM made managing concerns more time consuming.

Maybe a fellow SM-er can explain to me the best way to manage concerns without having to click on each player and then add on their cup games to gauge who NEEDS to play?

only league games count towards concerns..

From the help file:

"When deciding the maximum number of games a player could potentially play, they only consider league games but when counting the number of games they have played, all games were a player can lose fitness are counted."

Therefore normal cup games still apply in non gold game worlds...

the previous comment is a ridiculous idea....

why is it...would be nice for someone to elaborate when criticising for once not just rubbishing an idea :rolleyes:? It saves time having to work out 1) how many appearances are cup, 2) how many are coming off the bench, 3) how many the player could have played (due to not being injured)