Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Statistical Appearances

Re: Statistical Appearances

19 days and I still dont understand why cup games arent included in the statistics for players.

Would love to hear a decent reason as to why SM made managing concerns more time consuming.

Maybe a fellow SM-er can explain to me the best way to manage concerns without having to click on each player and then add on their cup games to gauge who NEEDS to play?

I have the same problem, and i also can't find any reason why the Cup/Shield appearances don't appear on the Tactics screen, when you move the mouse over a player.

They used to show them, but now they show only the league appearances. So we have to click on every single player's profile and then again go to his Statistics tab, just to see his Cup Appearances and do the maths to calculate the total! Now, just think if we have 20-25 players in the first team of each club, and if we have 5-10 clubs to manage, how much work is this every turn!

It's VERY time consuming; It's boring; It's against the nature of this game, because this is supposed to be a "football manager" game and not any... maths game!

It would be a very simple improvement, just display the total appearances of each player that count towards concerns on the tactics screen, and not only the league appearances!

I have the same problem' date=' and i also can't find any reason why the Cup/Shield appearances don't appear on the Tactics screen, when you move the mouse over a player.

They used to show them, but now they show only the league appearances. So we have to click on every single player's profile and then again go to his Statistics tab, just to see his Cup Appearances and do the maths to calculate the total! Now, just think if we have 20-25 players in the first team of each club, and if we have 5-10 clubs to manage, how much work is this every turn!

It's VERY time consuming; It's boring; It's against the nature of this game, because this is supposed to be a "football manager" game and not any... maths game!

It would be a very simple improvement, just display the total appearances of each player that count towards concerns on the tactics screen, and not only the league appearances![/quote']

Couldnt agree more. They just plonked this in the game and didnt bother to check wether it was positive or not... or even check on the feedback.

A more helpful 'games played' statistic would surely be the total of all clgames that count towards concerns including scoring 0.5 for a sub appearance and the maximum number of games the player could have played in this time next to it.

Ie...

5starts and 1sub-appearance in 8 games=5.5/8 (shown on display)

7starts and 3sub-appearances in 15 games (injured for 3games)=8.5/12

The starts and appearances would include both league and cup games that count towards concerns.

*due to cup games not counting in the 'games played' statistic the above stats would change accordingly dependent on whether cup/league games.

ie 5league apps out of 5league games = 5/5

4league apps + 1cup app after 4league games = 5/4

I think a feature like this when looking at the player stats would be massively helpful. SM has done a right job of complicating the whole players concerns thing so it would be nice for them to help us out by facilitating the whole process.

I manage 11 clubs, imagine all the different players from different clubs that I have to go through, calculating how many matches each one has played and then look at their rating in relation to other players that play in similar positions then calculate how many matches he needs to start. that is ridiculous and time consuming. I spend enough time already going through all my clubs, I don't need things to get even more complicated and time consuming.

A feature that calculates for you how many appearances a player has made and how many appearances he expects to make for the season would be a huge help. This way, we don't have to be going through a boat load of players calculating this ourselves and wasting time. We could look at this feature, then try to get each player to play his quota of expected matches.

And PLEAS SM, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD put the scroll-over statistics feature BACK to how it was!

Why do the total number of international games not show up under ''career statistics''?? All it shows is the number of international games played in the current season... Also, under ''current season statistics'', it doesn't show the total number of caps, as indicated, but the current season number!!! :confused::(

I think a feature like this when looking at the player stats would be massively helpful. SM has done a right job of complicating the whole players concerns thing so it would be nice for them to help us out by facilitating the whole process.

I manage 11 clubs' date=' imagine all the different players from different clubs that I have to go through, calculating how many matches each one has played and then look at their rating in relation to other players that play in similar positions then calculate how many matches he needs to start. that is ridiculous and time consuming. I spend enough time already going through all my clubs, I don't need things to get even more complicated and time consuming.

A feature that calculates for you how many appearances a player has made and how many appearances he expects to make for the season would be a huge help. This way, we don't have to be going through a boat load of players calculating this ourselves and wasting time. We could look at this feature, then try to get each player to play his quota of expected matches.

And PLEAS SM, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD put the scroll-over statistics feature BACK to how it was![/quote']

Agreed. This is far more pressing (and useful) than messing with the semantics of player positions.

They 've changed it again, and now on the Tactics page it shows ALL the appearances for a player, including... SMFA games! :mad: So, basically it's the same for us, we still have to open each player's profile separately and calculate his League/Cup/Shield appearances! :mad:

Nothing has changed for us, we still have to consume the same (long) time to calculate the appearances which count towards concerns...

Can't SM, just for a change, do something RIGHT for once??? :mad:

Nothing has changed for us' date=' we still have to consume the same (long) time to calculate the appearances which count towards concerns...

Can't SM, just for a change, do something RIGHT for once??? :mad:[/quote']

Don't be so lazy. Anyway, if you do basic squad rotation, and don't have a ridiculously large squad, you never need to bother 'calculating' appearances.

People who have to do this know they're hogging too many players.

Don't be so lazy. Anyway' date=' if you do basic squad rotation, and don't have a ridiculously large squad, you never need to bother 'calculating' appearances.

People who have to do this know they're hogging too many players.[/quote']

What a load of tosh. I have around 25 players in all my teams and I need to look at the statistics. Are you saying you can remember how many times each of your players has played? Are you Rainman?

Don't be so lazy. Anyway' date=' if you do basic squad rotation, and don't have a ridiculously large squad, you never need to bother 'calculating' appearances.

People who have to do this know they're hogging too many players.[/quote']

This has nothing to do with player hogging and large squads.

All you need to "get into trouble" is a first team of 20-25 players, especially if these players have ratings with little difference between them (e.g. ratings 90-92). Most of my teams are like this.

With the way SM displays statistics on Tactics page, you can't figure out the appearances that count towards concerns by moving the mouse over a player. So you have to open the profile for every single player.

Now, let's say that someone has 10 clubs. This means that every single turn, this manager must open 200-250 different player profiles, go to every profile's statistics tab and calculate the percentage for every single player out of those 200-250! (Not to mention if some players have red cards or injuries, which is even more complicated!). Very much "entertaining" activity, huh?! And very... "suitable" to a MANAGER game! And this for first teams of only 20-25 players!

SM could very easily fix this, and it would be a very helpful and welcome change for every manager. But as always, SM "must" do things in the wrong way...

Anyone else think that SM have made some sort of mess up and SMFA games are counting towards appearances and concerns?

I was looking at a few of my players, and one or two should really be concerned based on the amount of league/cup games they've played, but if you add in their SMFA games, they would be fine.... Concerns on the whole have been pretty relaxed for a while now. I can't say I've had any.

Also, SM have updated the 'games played' popup when you hover over a player to include the SMFA games. I dont see why they would do this all while we've been asking for it to show only the relevant games.

Thoughts?

Anyone else think that SM have made some sort of mess up and SMFA games are counting towards appearances and concerns?

I was looking at a few of my players' date=' and one or two should really be concerned based on the amount of league/cup games they've played, but if you add in their SMFA games, they would be fine.... Concerns on the whole have been pretty relaxed for a while now. I can't say I've had any.

Also, SM have updated the 'games played' popup when you hover over a player to include the SMFA games. I dont see why they would do this all while we've been asking for it to show only the [i']relevant[/i] games.

Thoughts?

Yes I do! I spent days asking the same question only to get an answer I didn't believe to be true. I only noticed the other day that stat appearances now include all games including SM games again.

The previous seasons in my two game worlds I'm 100% certain SM games were counted positively in non gold worlds and I think they probably still are. Concerns currently do seem quite relaxed at the moment.

Out of interest, would auto-selecting your line-up for every game over the course of a season result in the whole squad meeting their expected playing time quota?

Not that I'm a huge advocate of auto-select, you understand. It's just that if it doesn't perform like this, I'm not sure what good it does anyone.

I've messed around with it (before manually selecting my line-up and bench), and it's not above selecting NFM players, and playing players completely out of position when 100% fit and far superior players for that position are available to play.