a typical day in the life of a chat room..

Re: a typical day in the life of a chat room..

Maybe back in the "good old days" there were less members under the age of 14? So there wasn't as much of a need for stricter modding or whatever' date=' but as the number of members has rocketed there are more and more "children" using the chatroom and we cant let them witness some of the stupidity and smut that comes out in there at times.... And just because it does happen doesn't mean we should condone it and/or let it happen... Its got nothing to do with taking heads from between our legs...

Its gone downhill, sure, but if everyone that moans about it (there are loads of you) try to do something about it you might take it back to its former glory.....:confused:[/quote']

There just isn't the point in trying to return it back to the former days when the slightest aggressive word or something that is deemed offensive by a matter of opinion?

I beg to differ, there were probably more if not equal amount of minors entering the site.

Whether you want to accept it or not, the stupidity and smut will always feature, regardless

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: a typical day in the life of a chat room.. [Maurice izguierso] how can i ban someone [Hugo rHugo]you cant [Maurice izguierso]huh [Hugo rHugo]only admins can ban [sHELS]PRESS ON THERE NAME AT

5mins later Dai Smout - Neller can you please let me no how you are so good at this game fraser mcinnes - yeah comon Neller just a few tactics / player tips Alan Neller - Sorry boys but i cant say

Re: a typical day in the life of a chat room.. Here Are The Clowns Society Let Loose On Soccer Managers Chat Room Feeling it Was More Suitable To The More Favourable Capital Punishment Some of Them

There just isn't the point in trying to return it back to the former days when the slightest aggressive word or something that is deemed offensive by a matter of opinion?

I beg to differ' date=' there were probably more if not equal amount of minors entering the site.

Whether you want to accept it or not, the stupidity and smut will always feature, regardless[/quote']

I do accept it happens. You have to accept that we are put there to control it. If you don't like it, find teenchat or something... :rolleyes:

I don't get what the big deal is anyway. ITS A CHATROOM, come on.... :confused: So what its not the same fun as it used to be but at the end of the day everything changes and people do too. If chat was to return to its "glory days" then it would need the members who were on during that period to do this and tbh it just wouldn't be the same anyway.

Well games are usually for kids but adults sometimes join in and ruin the fun with their boring and strict approach. :eek:B):rolleyes:

I don't see how WE ruined chat.People complain about not being able to have the fun you were once allowed to.What did we do to stop that?

lol

Sorry' date=' are you a welsh version of Stalin?[/quote']

Maybe... ? :confused:

Again, I don't see the fuss. Why the urge to act like a plank anyway, you can always talk about what you want, just not swear... Why the need to do so..?

Maybe... ? :confused:

Again' date=' I don't see the fuss. Why the urge to act like a plank anyway, you can always talk about what you want, just not swear... Why the need to do so..?[/quote']

Its called an expression

Just like you calling me a plank

I could call you a twonk, yet I would be the one recieving a ban for sticking up for myself

Its called an expression

Just like you calling me a plank

I could call you a twonk' date=' yet I would be the one recieving a ban for sticking up for myself[/quote']

No, because I'm not calling you a plank. You are defending the people that we act upon, I am refering to them as planks. The ones that feel the need to talk about racism, or swear to get a point across. Your not one of them, well, not from what I have seen of you so far.

So to call me a twonk, would be un-warranted.

(I wouldn't ban you for it, I am a twonk ;) )

Also chatroom users and the owners/mods have to act inside the current legislation regarding how people act and speak to eah other in the chatroom.

Your lucky that SM has a chatroom considering all the big chat servers ie MSN have either closed down, or banned under 16 year olds from entering thier chat server because the legislation is so hard to moniter and now there are legal implecations even in privertly owned servers, if the service is missused, which does include, inappropiate language, promoting illegal activity ect ect

No' date=' because I'm not calling you a plank. You are defending the people that we act upon, I am refering to them as planks. The ones that feel the need to talk about racism, or swear to get a point across. Your not one of them, well, not from what I have seen of you so far.

So to call me a twonk, would be un-warranted.

(I wouldn't ban you for it, I am a twonk ;) )[/quote']

lol at least you can laugh about it

I am not talking about adult talk, as Shels beautifully crafted mind spoke about on the chat while using fould language only with the c in a different place.

What I am talking about is hypocricy (only in a lot more words)

In terms of language, extremely racist material is fair enough, light hearted banter is good and light swearing is not a bannable offence. If so, then there are many a MOD previously that should have incurred bans as well.

Guest jamster111

Come On Everybody Throw Your Hands Up In The Air....

You've Got The Love I Need To See Me Through (8) Tune! Anyone Name That Tune?

We are privileged to have such dedicated moderators in SM whereas other places this would be hard to find

I know chatroom can be revived

It isnt dead its just mellowed

Tonight was a prime example of good fun

All the old timers came in for a chat

We talked fooball and amanda holden and lela star....dont ask

We remenissed about loose women and even got some chat about ireland in there

Buried amongst the rubbish jokes from the minors it was a good night

Juvenile delinquants are always gonna be around in the world

Its like aids you can slow the spread but you cant kill it

Idiots will always roam these pages and without moderators the world would descend into chaos

I believe that the times last year were perhaps better because of the people

A few new faces may crop up this year a new kennif perhaps or a new wozza but we wont find out unless we give the kids, sometimes adults, a chance. Cally kevche and the old boys have departed and a new crop is growing its time to rebuild this broken chatroom into its former glory

Mods arent too blame for it

Personally I blame kenneth but thats another story

Yes We Can

It worked for obama why not for me?

Theres a reason mod rhymes with god.....I'll leave you with that thought ;]

Guest Football8

Adults ruin the fun? You mean mods? Who tell you to use a different room?

Nah, Adults are the best, without them I wouldn't be here (sarcasm/hypocricy). ;)B)

Well games are usually for kids but adults sometimes join in and ruin the fun with their boring and strict approach. :eek:B):rolleyes:

I think Chats lost it a bit recently' date=' I made a thread about this a few months ago which was took over by banned victims who moaned and groaned and abused and accused and then obviously and eventually got closed. :o[/quote']

Fact is, you can't say anything about it without getting banned. I've sorted any previous problems, but if you criticse either a) the way it is being ran, or B) the moderators your generally looking for a ban. We're in a world where eveyrbody should have their own opinion and be entitled to say it publically.

Fact is' date=' you can't say anything about it without getting banned. I've sorted any previous problems, but if you criticse either a) the way it is being ran, or B) the moderators your generally looking for a ban. We're in a world where eveyrbody should have their own opinion and be entitled to say it publically.[/quote']

Most do speak their opinion, then theres other people who try it on by voicing their opinions a little too strongly and sometimes get continuously offensive, those are the ones that are banned.

Guest Toggs

Hey Guys' date='

just to let you know for those who don't know, yes, the village idiot has returned, that stupid raver who supports Derby has returned to chat.

Ive got a new computer sooo yano,

HAI :D[/quote']

Can you go now? :)

You were gone? :confused:

For all those on here saying they'd be banned for stating counter-mod opinions... Well, lately this entire thread has been counter-mod, stating opinions and all. I don't think anyone has been banned for it. So enough with the false accusations.

You were gone? :confused:

For all those on here saying they'd be banned for stating counter-mod opinions... Well' date=' lately this entire thread has been counter-mod, stating opinions and all. I don't think anyone has been banned for it. So enough with the false accusations.[/quote']

What? Again? :confused: Some people are so stupid :o