Sign in to follow this  
tebthereb

Player concerns - constructive suggestions

Re: Player concerns - constructive suggestions

@ruggermad If you have plenty of wage budget left, you can address their concerns by going onto their player profile and click on the RED BUTTON to the right of their TRANSFER STATUS, OFFER TO CLUBS and RELEASE buttons (NOTE: only their for players with concerns). You normally only have to increase their wages by about 20k and give them about £500k-1million bonus.

This is especially good for players with Level 3-4 concerns

If you don't want to do this do what i sometimes do, switch them for a similar player in an managed or external club

The reason why Baines may have high concerns is because he wants an increase in wages, not because he is not playing enough. Go to CLUB, SQUAD and REPORTS .

@ruggermad If you have plenty of wage budget left, you can address their concerns by going onto their player profile and click on the RED BUTTON to the right of their TRANSFER STATUS, OFFER TO CLUBS and RELEASE buttons (NOTE: only their for players with concerns). You normally only have to increase their wages by about 20k and give them about £500k-1million bonus.

This is especially good for players with Level 3-4 concerns

If you don't want to do this do what i sometimes do, switch them for a similar player in an managed or external club

The reason why Baines may have high concerns is because he wants an increase in wages, not because he is not playing enough. Go to CLUB, SQUAD and REPORTS .

My suggestion regarding concerns is that when a new manager takes over a club, player concerns should be removed concerning a lack in games as a change in management will obviously make the players feel they are having a 'fresh start'?

My suggestion regarding concerns is that when a new manager takes over a club' date=' player concerns should be removed concerning a lack in games as a change in management will obviously make the players feel they are having a 'fresh start'?[/quote']

That is a popular suggestion but the downside is that managers could just quit and retake their club in order to wipe the slate clean. I do wonder whether any manager would really bother doing this in practice though, as they would risk losing their club to another manager when they quit.

Unless a manager joins a side where players are already on Level 4 and it is a fair way into the season already, they should be able to save any player.

Perhaps concerns could be dropped down a level upon a change of management, to give a greater opportunity to turn players around. This would need to be limited to once per season or something to stop people repeatedly quitting and retaking their side to combat concerns.

That is a popular suggestion but the downside is that managers could just quit and retake their club in order to wipe the slate clean. I do wonder whether any manager would really bother doing this in practice though' date=' as they would risk losing their club to another manager when they quit.

Unless a manager joins a side where players are already on Level 4 and it is a fair way into the season already, they should be able to save any player.

[b']Perhaps concerns could be dropped down a level upon a change of management, to give a greater opportunity to turn players around. This would need to be limited to once per season or something to stop people repeatedly quitting and retaking their side to combat concerns.[/b]

Yes, I think this a really good shout Teb. :)

I know this isn't a constructive post, so apologies. But I'm a lot happier with the player concern system when compared to how it was a few months back.

The only thing I'd like to see is statistical analysis as to players expectations of game time vs actual game time (be it % or games played)

That is a popular suggestion but the downside is that managers could just quit and retake their club in order to wipe the slate clean. I do wonder whether any manager would really bother doing this in practice though' date=' as they would risk losing their club to another manager when they quit.

Perhaps concerns could be dropped down a level upon a change of management, to give a greater opportunity to turn players around. This would need to be limited to once per season or something to stop people repeatedly quitting and retaking their side to combat concerns.[/quote']

I like this idea - to counter managers quitting and rejoining a club, could there be a way that if a manager does attempt the above, the concerns remain as they are? Might be difficult to implement though as I'm unsure on how clever the SM infrastructure is in relation to keeping tabs on individual managers.

The obvious solution to the main problem of SM would be to introduce squad sizes of say 40-50 players.

So obvious and so clearly the right thing to do.

Players concerns just skirted around the issue.

A good idea but they have been watered down so much, they are almost irrelevant.

Players concerns should be harsher and faster

And random transfer requests should be introduced to mirror real life

There seems to be a problem with concerns. Over the course of one season my player has risen to level 2 for lack of games, despite having made 29 starts and 3 sub appearances.

The problem seems to be that the concerned player was on loan for the first half of the season and hasn't received any credit for games played whilst on loan.

I can provide more details if required, but this seems to be a definite glitch in the system.

For me the obvious solution to players becoming unhappy with lack of games, is to have an active reserve set up, which could maybe slow down their concerns (SM could obviously still have them concerned at playing the reserves only, but the level could rise slower, as they would actually be getting games) and managers would also see how each particular player is playing; if they are playing better than one in the first team, they could earn a stint (which could cheer them up and bring their concern level down)

Loaning players was meant to ease concerns as well but now the chairman either blocks the loan move completely (Balotelli is suddendly always being blocked and Courtois was constantly blocked on me when he was rated 88 and my main keeper was 93or 94 so no chance of him playing in the first team long term) or you loan them out, they play 30+ games but they get concerns for being loaned out, so you could have a player on level 3 concerned for lack of games, loan him out and he plays 30+ games but he still has level 3 concerns plus he get level 2 or 3 for being loaned out...

Yes I've noticed the concern for being loaned out too, but one the things which makes it worse also, is the amount of unhappy players, it makes it unrealistic (yes you have unhappy players in real life, but not on the scale SM have it) I know it is partly to stop managers hogging all the best players, and to get some players back to their original clubs, but that's what football is like, the richest teams buy up the best players.

Another odd thing is, Lukaku has gone out on loan for one of teams, but the Chairman blocks it for another

Oscar rose to 90 yesterday and today he has a level 1 concern for lack of games??? My midfield is Fabregas, Hazard, Fellaini, M'Vila, Moura, Pastore and Eriksen

Surely when Oscar was 87 he didn't expect to be playing ahead of the players above and he has been 90 for a day and he's got concerns? Ridiculous

Too easy to loan players out. It makes the game easier.

And player concerns should be speeded up. It is taking ages for players to become unsettled.

All players want to play. Even if they acknowledge they may not be the best, they want to play

Or demand a move.