The Random Thread

Re: The Random Thread

But for some reason' date=' philosophy majors are some of the highest earners...along with math, economics, and biology (because of pre-med).

They're onto something.[/quote']

So are peddlars of religion and drugs...

They are as they rely on the insecurity of the human mind in a mass manufactured world..

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Random Thread Found this on the net. Urban legends are often thrilling stories, which contain many folkloric elements; and so they often spread quickly through a community or society. The

Re: The Random Thread Since someone wanted a Murder here goes; In the city of Soccer things were going wrong, having the highest unemployment, the highest crime rate,, and o a public transportati

Posted Images

LOL same, i read the title and intro then thought it was a good idea to start trying.

:o

More importantly, What makes people like certain music?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2007/sep/19/ismusictasteinherent

Says it could be genetic.

Others say its the ethnicity or environment which they are surrounded by.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks you cured me

np

;)

I grew up listening to my mothers choice' date=' classic 80s rock n roll ... Then rap n rnb came and I listened to metal instead. I cant stand rap,hip hop or rnb or similar stuff ... It's worthless and terrible![/quote']

Yeah i grew up listening to Led Zeppelin, Clapton, Santana, Deep Purple and the likes of. And i have always been listening to Rock and Metal.

I like trance, and can listen to good songs from all genres, but must have good melodies. I HATE POP music, its just commercialized garbage, that you are told to like.

If a song is good like decent vocal, a great melody etc i can appreciate it. Mainly only listen to music made by hand (with instruments, not generated as anyone can make music like that, and your passion can't be portrayed in generated music).

LOL same' date=' i read the title and intro then thought it was a good idea to start trying.

:o

More importantly, [b']What makes people like certain music?[/b]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2007/sep/19/ismusictasteinherent

Says it could be genetic.

Others say its the ethnicity or environment which they are surrounded by.

What are your thoughts?

Most likely it's a happy compromise between a number of factors as music really is the soundtrack of our lives-it speaks to us, holds memories (both good and bad)..

I grew up listening to my mothers choice' date=' classic 80s rock n roll ... Then rap n rnb came and I listened to metal instead. I cant stand rap,hip hop or rnb or similar stuff ... It's worthless and terrible![/quote']

oMG!:eek:That shatters so many windows of sanity -I always thought you were like

tumblr_md7l0gwjga1rdejw1o1_500.jpg

8PaoLy7PHwk

O4o8TeqKhgY

Most likely it's a happy compromise between a number of factors as music really is the soundtrack of our lives-it speaks to us' date=' holds memories (both good and bad)..

oMG!:eek:That shatters so many windows of sanity -I always thought you were like

[img']http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md7l0gwjga1rdejw1o1_500.jpg[/img]

8PaoLy7PHwk

O4o8TeqKhgY

Dude, haven't you seen a pic of me ?

:eek:

Yes it does- Promoe' date=' Snook, Ayesha, Fjärde Världen, Fattaru, Ison & Fille, Advance Patrol, Lazee, and Adam Tensta among others (wiki source)

Elo just feels ashamed grinding his booty in public :D

[YOUTUBE']otCpCn0l4Wo[/YOUTUBE]

LOL never heard of any of them, sorry.

I would rather listen to Swedish trance :P

Yes it does- Promoe' date=' Snook, Ayesha, Fjärde Världen, Fattaru, Ison & Fille, Advance Patrol, Lazee, and Adam Tensta among others (wiki source)

Elo just feels ashamed grinding his booty in public :D

[YOUTUBE']otCpCn0l4Wo[/YOUTUBE]

Lazee and Tensta are the only ones still active, Snook disbanded a few years ago, lead singer is having quite a decent solo career singing swedishish ballads ... Fattaru never lasted, Petter (lead singer) have always focused on his solo career and is (and will always be) the biggest rapper in scandinavia.

LOL never heard of any of them' date=' sorry.

I would rather listen to Swedish trance :P[/color']

lol..it's now growing so their stage of development may not appeal to the world market..same took place with swedish rock

Lazee and Tensta are the only ones still active' date=' Snook disbanded a few years ago, lead singer is having quite a decent solo career singing swedishish ballads ... Fattaru never lasted, Petter (lead singer) have always focused on his solo career and is (and will always be) the [u']biggest rapper in scandinavia.[/u]

ah sounds like we have a fan here :)

btw are there RnB singers there-you know in the mould of Carey, Franklin, La Belle, Whitney H etc..

lol..it's now growing so their stage of development may not appeal to the world market..same took place with swedish rock

btw are there RnB singers there-you know in the mould of Carey' date=' Franklin, La Belle, Whitney H etc..[/quote']

Dont you mean Metal?

:P

Best rap group WU TAN CLAN, duna about spelling :P

btw are there RnB singers there-you know in the mould of Carey' date=' Franklin, La Belle, Whitney H etc..[/quote']

Nah, deff not a fan, just stating the obvious lol

:P And I have absolutely no idea.

Nah' date=' deff not a fan, just stating the obvious lol

:P And I have absolutely no idea.[/center']

Does folk music still exist or has it been torn asunder by your and your kin love of all things electronic?

Oh sorry' date=' but metal is much bigger nowadays, if im not mistaken folk is the biggest genre then metal then pop stuff.[/color']

Yeah it is-as most Artists just migrate and sound changes to become commercial hits..

k2C5TjS2sh4