The Random Thread

Re: The Random Thread

Does folk music still exist or has it been torn asunder by your and your kin love of all things electronic?

Yeah it is-as most Artists just migrate and sound changes to become commercial hits..

k2C5TjS2sh4

Folk is still alive' date=' and has branched out into other genres, ie very big nowadays is Folk metal.[/color']

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Random Thread Found this on the net. Urban legends are often thrilling stories, which contain many folkloric elements; and so they often spread quickly through a community or society. The

Re: The Random Thread Since someone wanted a Murder here goes; In the city of Soccer things were going wrong, having the highest unemployment, the highest crime rate,, and o a public transportati

Posted Images

Folk is still alive' date=' and has branched out into other genres, ie very big nowadays is Folk metal.[/color']

Ah at least something survives..:)

Music is such an interesting indicator of a country's heritage and culture, forged in the maelstrom of happiness, sadness etc. One of my peeves is the lack of any real variety on the song thread-it seems like we are all clones :(

Oh sorry' date=' but metal is much bigger nowadays, if im not mistaken folk is the biggest genre then metal then pop stuff.[/color']

I'm quite into swedish folk music ... :P

xQ3JmNv5k3E

7_wPJH2QBsU

ASRry6HQ54w

- Here you can also see the beauties of Sweden ;) Hands off the guitarist ... she's mine!

yv4Zp4htd0w

This here one ... is my own personal favourite ... I've listened to him since I was a wee lad ... a TRUE VIKING!

MJjLTjkdpbo

ehORcoh7fbI

And now, for Duncan ... a more metalish approach to swedish folk music ... i give you ... HAMMERFALL ... FEATURING ... tHE ONE ... THE ONLY .... ROGER PONTARE!!!!!!!1 (singing in Swedish ;) )

xP3e4_Dr-ag

qUH_Zk3T9hk

Kb4pE4eIs4c

And ofcourse ... the current pride of Sweden ... SABATON!

Fn-eSBAJIY0

And yes, most of the "calmer" songs ... and the non-metal songs ... I can actually sing em .... :P

ENJOY!

I'm quite into swedish folk music ... :P

And yes' date=' most of the "calmer" songs ... and the non-metal songs ... I can actually sing em .... :P

ENJOY![/quote']

Awesome -and yeah Sweden do have some of the worlds Beautiful women :D

Forgot about Sabaton B) and why aren't songs like these posted on the song section Elo? Are you ashamed *points accusing finger* oh Fisherman:p

Awesome -and yeah Sweden do have some of the worlds Beautiful women :D

Forgot about Sabaton B) and why aren't songs like these posted on the song section Elo? Are you ashamed *points accusing finger* oh Fisherman:p

Check my history on there mate, I've posted swedish songs more then once!

Ah at least something survives..:)

Music is such an interesting indicator of a country's heritage and culture' date=' forged in the maelstrom of happiness, sadness etc. One of my peeves is the lack of any real variety on the song thread-it seems like we are all clones :([/quote']

True, what i hate about the song thread is that it is heavily commericalized with what ever the media throughs their way. All that pop rubbish like minaj, gaga, bieber, Springsteen, U2 (those two are just my hates, as they have no talent at all) etc.

The days of talented bands and musicians getting TV coverage/record deals are long over. Saddens me to now end. Yet my beloved Rock/Metal lives on through thick and thin, only because of the fanatical fans.

198795_480215225342826_2038587076_n.jpg

And maybe a bit of trance now and then :P

I_Love_Psytrance_by_gabsphere07.png

Check my history on there mate' date=' I've posted swedish songs more then once![/quote']

I will do-and I bet it's more commercial oriented rather than folk (original) ones

Since you lot talking about music' date=' this always bugging me, am I just one here that can't stand electronic music? :confused:

Didn't know why people could dancing with that terrible stuff. But still a lot of friend always playing that stuff in car, room, etc.[/quote']

lol..no you are not the only one-I like some (like in most things) but having the anvil in Ye ear vibrate at 1200 HZ does things to you..

True' date=' what i hate about the song thread is that it is heavily commericalized with what ever the media throughs their way. All that pop rubbish like minaj, gaga, bieber, Springsteen, U2 (those two are just my hates, as they have no talent at all) etc.

The days of talented bands and musicians getting TV coverage/record deals are long over. Saddens me to now end. Yet my beloved Rock/Metal lives on through thick and thin, only because of the fanatical fans.

[img']http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/198795_480215225342826_2038587076_n.jpg[/img]

And maybe a bit of trance now and then :P

I_Love_Psytrance_by_gabsphere07.png

Yeah-maybe it's because ppl try to fit in.

Frank Sinatra 'nuff said.

Yup :)

Who doesnt like folk? reminds me of vikings dancing in a brothel with a mug of beer' date=' even though vikings didnt drink beer i dont think

:confused:

Arampage likes Sabaton?[/color']

Shhhh..actually was introduced to it by a Greek Friend when he was pouting about the crisis that hit his country..

Cr00QE1uLU8

EPIC!

haha Korpiklanii!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!! VODKA VODKA VODKA!!

Sonata Arctica is way better then them tho :P

And arampage ... who cares wether it's "commercial" or not? I listen to music that I like ... end of story.

lol..some people do -those uncomfortable in our own skins.

and weren't you mead drinkers-Vodka was Russian wasn't it?

haha Korpiklanii!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!! VODKA VODKA VODKA!!

Sonata Arctica is way better then them tho :P

And arampage ... who cares wether it's "commercial" or not? I listen to music that I like ... end of story.

Not really folk are they?

Yeah' date=' but commercial generally means they are making music for money and not for the love of music.[/color']

Looks great-but wheres the lady's one? a His and Hers..bit disapointed in that.

Is that gold inlay in the first and whats that blue gem in the second?

Looks great-but wheres the lady's one? a His and Hers..bit disapointed in that.

Is that gold inlay in the first and whats that blue gem in the second?

Who's to say I haven't got one of those on me yet?

:P Nah' date=' we're gonna wait another 6ish months and do it on our anniversary în November!

Yes it is ... and it's Sapphire.

I already have one of these ...

[img']http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Mens-Black-Silver-Stainless-Steel-Cross-Ring-Size-10-/00/s/NDYwWDQ2MA==/$(KGrHqJ,!oIE8VUgB9iDBPGS!5J0Ig~~60_12.JPG[/img]

Might swap that one for one of these tho ...

298663985_o.jpg

Who's to say I haven't got one of those on me yet?

:P Nah' date=' we're gonna wait another 6ish months and do it on our anniversary în November!

Yes it is ... and it's Sapphire.

I already have one of these ...

[img']http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Mens-Black-Silver-Stainless-Steel-Cross-Ring-Size-10-/00/s/NDYwWDQ2MA==/$(KGrHqJ,!oIE8VUgB9iDBPGS!5J0Ig~~60_12.JPG[/img]

Might swap that one for one of these tho ...

298663985_o.jpg

Oh awesome..and while the second is more ornate-the simplicity of the first gives it a more manly look-no need to be pretentious-yeah actually you should try to hang on to jewelry they tend to be pretty good investments.

Oh awesome..and while the second is more ornate-the simplicity of the first gives it a more manly look-no need to be pretentious-yeah actually you should try to hang on to jewelry they tend to be pretty good investments.

Yeah well ... I quite like the other one too :P Tho I wanted one for my middle finger and they hadn't them in that size so I'll be keeping mine :P