Sign in to follow this  
Safir

The Random Thread

Re: The Random Thread

How many pushups can you do?

That's not a question the question should be how many pull ups can you do much harder. Think i topped out like 40 but that was before i was talking weight gain formulas ect now 17 stone so it aint easy at all and even then 40 aint nothing to scream about lol.

Why unfortunately?

The American Republican party only protects the rich' date=' the very rich and the ridiculously rich... :confused:

They say they oppose tax increases, yet Reagan (Republican) was the president of the USA, who increased taxes more often.

They only want tax cuts for the wealthy and are willing to take more money from the middle class and the poor to accomplish that.

It's a party that fights aggressively against any form of gun legislation / regulation. It's a party that isn't shocked by all the stunts that Wall Street and the financial sector, in general, pull. However, they accuse poor people and unemployed of being moochers. Why don't they want to increase the minimum wage? They think that some jobs (jobs that don't require a lot of education, to be more precise) shouldn't have a decent pay. That disgusts me. Everyone who works should have a decent pay.

But the Republicans have nothing against tycoons and multinational companies, that use offshores / evade taxes...

They caused the "Shutdown", because of Obamacare (which isn't perfect), but it's a lot better and significantly more socially equal than the solution, they defend.

And all this in a country where the gap, between rich and poor, is the largest in the World.

Unfortunately Portugal is 3rd on that list. :(

But on a lighter note, I'm glad you're enjoying writing in magenta, mate. :D[/quote']

Will come back to this later - exam time :o

I 'generally' look at people who use bright or bolded text or both all the time attention whores or just that they feel no-one will read unless they use it. :rolleyes:

Was this directed towards me?

Will come back to this later - exam time :o

Was this directed towards me?

Yes and no , yes because your post was in pink no because your a excellent forum member and you don't need to type in pink to be noticed

. Plus i was only joking anyway so take no offence. ;)

Alright mate' date=' studies come first. ;)

It's a free World: noone forbids you from writing in pink. :D[/quote']

:)

Yes and no ' date=' yes because your post was in pink no because your a excellent forum member and you don't need to type in pink to be noticed

. Plus i was only joking anyway so take no offence. ;)[/quote']

Well saved with a compliment. ;)

That's not a question the question should be how many pull ups can you do much harder. Think i topped out like 40 but that was before i was talking weight gain formulas ect now 17 stone so it aint easy at all and even then 40 aint nothing to scream about lol.

Since u only do 17 pushups l'm not asking about pullups lol

How many pushups can you do?

Would not dare even try now' date=' but 25 years ago I did use to do 100 twice a day and the same with crunches/situps, it was all part of my ridiculous fitness regime for army training then decided against joining since the emergence of the house scene turned my head.[/font']

Since u only do 17 pushups l'm not asking about pullups lol

If i was training which i am not i could do easy 200+ push ups right now but i m not and last time i done push ups was around the 40-50 mark. Where you get 17 from that's my weight not how much i can do well actually no i lost 11lbs last week so 16 stone 3lbs i should be.

Ah' date=' good old Urban Dictionary, with its usual appropriate language... :D

I had never heard of that btw. :o[/quote']

It gets the content through.

I was talking about the comments on this thread which were going in that direction. Hilarious. :P

i needddd research on pier mondrian ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh y school yyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I know nothing about him - sorry' date=' Zlooky! :(

But if you google him, I'm pretty sure you'll find some useful info. ;)

It gets the content through.

I was talking about the comments on this thread which were going in that direction. Hilarious. :P

But isn't negging used only on women? :confused:

That was what I got from the dictionary entry, in your link. :o

I know nothing about him - sorry' date=' Zlooky! :(

But if you google him, I'm pretty sure you'll find some useful info. ;)

But isn't negging used only on women? :confused:

That was what I got from the dictionary entry, in your link. :o[/quote']

Low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a woman so she might be more vulnerable to your advances.
Low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a person so he/she might be more vulnerable to respect you without merit.

It's an analogy that's the same in content. ;)

How to become elite?

The well-known concept of 10,000 hours of practice - it's true.

But it's not enough. You need 2 more things.

1. You need deliberate practice – that is, stretching your abilities.

"The elite players were spending almost three times more hours than the average players on deliberate practice — the uncomfortable, methodical work of stretching your ability."

2. Scheduling

Elite players put in consolidated work sessions, clearly defining differences between work and leisure, so as to reach higher peaks. Elite players did one peak session in the morning, and one in the afternoon.

Average players spread the work evenly throughout the day.

3. Life outcomes

Elite players sleep more, are happier, and more relaxed.

Main upside of this information:

Hard work is deliberate practice. It’s not fun while you’re doing it, but you don’t have to do too much of it in any one day (the elite players spent, on average, 3.5 hours per day engaged in deliberate practice, broken into two sessions). It also provides you measurable progress in a skill, which generates a strong sense of contentment and motivation. Therefore, although hard work is hard, it’s not draining and it can fit nicely into a relaxed and enjoyable day.
Hard to do work, by contrast, is draining. It has you running around all day in a state of false busyness that leaves you, like the average players from the Berlin study, feeling tired and stressed. It also, as we just learned, has very little to do with real accomplishment.

http://calnewport.com/blog/2011/11/11/if-youre-busy-youre-doing-something-wrong-the-surprisingly-relaxed-lives-of-elite-achievers/