Sign in to follow this  
Safir

The Random Thread

Re: The Random Thread

Why would you say he's a horrible person? :confused:

Just what Stuart said below. The way he treated him in Barca was inhumane. You honestly never know anything about players/managers until you get a proper insight from someone's autobiography.

I highly recommend that Ibra's book to anyone.

What did Ibra say?

Basically that Guardiola made his time at Barcelona exceptionally difficult. He said that Barca was essentially an academy for adults where everyone was polite to one another and Pep was essentially playing a school teacher role. That worked for players like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi who had been at Barca since their early teens but for newcomers it was rather daunting. According to him Ibra did his best to fit in, being nice to everyone and focusing on his ability rather than getting angry in order to perform on adrenaline, like he had done at previous clubs.

His book definitely shows Ibra's biased viewpoint as to Pep's relationship with him, but there's a clear underlying point that Pep's ability to manage different types of players has never really been tested. Barcelona's like a family unit and from the outside Bayern looks very similar.

Ibrahimovic is not a team player' date=' he plays for himself. He is good, but Barca did better without him, and we didn't need him. It was a mistake to buy him. He should know his place, he isn't as good as he think he is.[/quote']

n51e199d9ac7e9_large.jpg

Ibrahimovic is not a team player' date=' he plays for himself. He is good, but Barca did better without him, and we didn't need him. It was a mistake to buy him. He should know his place, he isn't as good as he think he is.[/quote']

Top scorer, and most assists in Ligue 1. Please correct yourself Villa, and dont speak negative about Ibra at all B)

http://www.ligue1.com/ligue1/classementPasseurs

Just what Stuart said below. The way he treated him in Barca was inhumane. You honestly never know anything about players/managers until you get a proper insight from someone's autobiography.

I highly recommend that Ibra's book to anyone.

Basically that Guardiola made his time at Barcelona exceptionally difficult. He said that Barca was essentially an academy for adults where everyone was polite to one another and Pep was essentially playing a school teacher role. That worked for players like Xavi' date=' Iniesta and Messi who had been at Barca since their early teens but for newcomers it was rather daunting. According to him Ibra did his best to fit in, being nice to everyone and focusing on his ability rather than getting angry in order to perform on adrenaline, like he had done at previous clubs.

His book definitely shows Ibra's biased viewpoint as to Pep's relationship with him, but there's a clear underlying point that Pep's ability to manage different types of players has never really been tested. Barcelona's like a family unit and from the outside Bayern looks very similar.[/quote']

Pep didn't treat Eto'o properly as well.

Weird' date=' I used to think Guardiola was a good guy. :o

I liked how he stayed humble, even after a lot of success. :confused:

Ibrahimovic is not a team player, he plays for himself. He is good, but Barca did better without him, and we didn't need him. It was a mistake to buy him. He should know his place, he isn't as good as he think he is.

What the hell?

I was gonna compliment your previous avatar (that dog :D) and you change it right away.

I see your thing isn't changing your name anymore, but rather changing avatars, all the time. :P

Find me another player on this planet to win the league title every single season B)

He didn't win the league with Malmo nor did he win Juve as it was later stripped off due to the Calciopoli scandal. Also during his 2nd season at Ajax, PSV won the title, so no, he didn't win a league title every season.

He didn't win the league with Malmo nor did he win Juve as it was later stripped off due to the Calciopoli scandal. Also during his 2nd season at Ajax' date=' PSV won the title, so no, he didn't win a league title every season.[/quote']

I can't think of anyone with a better record.

I'm always skeptical of one person's views, especially after the two are known to have beef. People tend to sugarcoat their own mistakes and demonize their adversaries.

The other thing is that perhaps there's something wrong with the Barcelona institution itself. There's only so much an individual can do to shape an institution ingrained in its norms.

I'm always skeptical of one person's views' date=' especially after the two are known to have beef. People tend to sugarcoat their own mistakes and demonize their adversaries.

[b']The other thing is that perhaps there's something wrong with the Barcelona institution itself.[/b] There's only so much an individual can do to shape an institution ingrained in its norms.

Only institution? The whole club is a farce!

I'm always skeptical of one person's views' date=' especially after the two are known to have beef. People tend to sugarcoat their own mistakes and demonize their adversaries.

The other thing is that perhaps there's something wrong with the Barcelona institution itself. There's only so much an individual can do to shape an institution ingrained in its norms.[/quote']

Ibra certainly didn't sugarcoat the other mistakes he'd made. He came across as very honest.

Guardiola was as involved as any in shaping that academy though. I haven't seen anything to suggest he can't manage difficult characters, nor has it been particularly for him to be successful at the sides he's been fortunate enough to manage.