Sign in to follow this  
Safir

The Random Thread

Re: Let's talk about stuff

Sorry I enjoyed this even more ...

kc7Ab8jdpaM&feature=related

Hahahahah, that's a shame huh

Well, the best of the best all either dope and/or have some major genetic advantages, in addition to working like crazy. Lance was the best at it for quite a long time...obviously pretending to be a saint is annoying but then again it's sort of ingrained in success, in politics, law, sports, finance, ... it's still pretty hard to make it to the top

Hahahahah' date=' that's a shame huh

Well, the best of the best all either dope and/or have some major genetic advantages, in addition to working like crazy. Lance was the best at it for quite a long time...obviously pretending to be a saint is annoying but then again it's sort of ingrained in success, in politics, law, sports, finance, ... it's still pretty hard to make it to the top[/quote']

yeah (I still fault the process of his "conviction") true-the amount of hard work they put in is amazing..

yeah (I still fault the process of his "conviction") true-the amount of hard work they put in is amazing..

Yeah, he's doing it like dirt and it didn't turn out well for him...he probably wishes he did it differently -- probably just keep vehemently denying it. I don't think he expected things to turn out this bad for him.

Yeah' date=' he's doing it like dirt and it didn't turn out well for him...[b']he probably wishes he did it differently[/b] -- probably just keep vehemently denying it. I don't think he expected things to turn out this bad for him.

doubt it -hes a determined individual-doping or not you don't get to be Champion in that sport by not being dedicated and single minded.

But the fault really lies in us to some extent-we gladly put our heroes (sporting or otherwise) faults aside to celebrate their achievement on the field as if they represent the best of "our tribe". The tribe I am referring to may be defined groups based on common values, appearance, nationality etc.

Its like the debate (Jason Roberts among others has stirred up) about racism and the comparison of Suarez and Terry's sentences..? Only a deluded individual would believe that your chosen gladiator/s are lilywhite. But I suppose in the age of carefully constructed PR around athletes designed to increase their attractiveness to sell stuff it's expected.

Something is wrong. It doesn’t feel right. Maybe you know exactly what it is. Maybe you haven’t taken the time to identify the problem, but it feels bad.

You skirt around the issue. Perhaps it’s something with your relationship or with your kids. Perhaps it’s a work issue and everyone skirts around the issue; you just follow suit. People have been tolerating the issue for so long, who are you to bring it up? So you say nothing.

http://www.hodu.com/elephant.shtml

Might be useful :)

Something is wrong. It doesn’t feel right. Maybe you know exactly what it is. Maybe you haven’t taken the time to identify the problem' date=' but it feels bad.

You skirt around the issue. Perhaps it’s something with your relationship or with your kids. Perhaps it’s a work issue and everyone skirts around the issue; you just follow suit. People have been tolerating the issue for so long, who are you to bring it up? So you say nothing.

[url']http://www.hodu.com/elephant.shtml[/url]

Might be useful :)

Yes! Communication is the key in everything. It's always best to talk through issues with your close friends and family.

This also applies to talking about our weaknesses...there's this concept - Get there first, it cushions the blow

Yes! Communication is the key in everything. It's always best to talk through issues with your close friends and family.

This also applies to talking about our weaknesses...there's this concept - Get there first' date=' it cushions the blow[/quote']

424568_2704902951149_1514021446_31974581_509123984_n%5B1%5D.jpg

Parents/siblings are the bones on which children cut their teeth.

Peter Ustinov

I remember watching this about 1.5 years ago :). Summarize it again?
hope dies last:rolleyes:

That sounds like an Arsenal mantra :o

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt' date=' just how we play the hand.”

― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

“Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”

“The key question to keep asking is, Are you spending your time on the right things? Because time is all you have. ”

“Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.”

“Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. ”

My fave..

[b']“When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore, that means they've given up on you.”

― Randy Pausch[/b]

“If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time.”

― Randy Pausch

“Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table, because that will make you more welcome.”

― Randy Pausch

“I'm sorry.

It's my fault.

How do I make it right?”

― Randy Pausch