The Random Thread

Safir

Re: The Random Thread

HAHAHAHA-GIF.gif

You even fail at sarcasm :rolleyes:

The screen being SOO much safer for your eyesight yes? :rolleyes:

I guess you stay in during summer aswell for fear of damaging your eyesight?

Your eyes react completely different when looking at the sun in a "normal state" as to looking at it in an "eclipsed state".

Your irises automatically narrow when there is a significant exposure to the sun and vice versa. However, during an eclipse, your irises do not close at all (or at least minimally), as your brain does not process the fact that there is an eclipse going on (as strange as that may sound, it is true), allowing dangerous amounts of UV onto your retina. Even 'normal' sunglasses would not do the trick here, making it something requiring a lot of prep before being able to watch.

Looking at the sun in an "eclipsed state" can lead to instant blindness.

Your eyes react completely different when looking at the sun in a "normal state" as to looking at it in an "eclipsed state".

Your irises automatically narrow when there is a significant exposure to the sun and vice versa. However' date=' during an eclipse, your irises do not close at all (or at least minimally), as your brain does not process the fact that there is an eclipse going on (as strange as that may sound, it is true), allowing dangerous amounts of UV onto your retina. Even 'normal' sunglasses would not do the trick here, making it something requiring a lot of prep before being able to watch.

Looking at the sun in an "eclipsed state" can lead to instant blindness.[/quote']

Well aware, only way to look directly at the sun during an eclipse (without any fancy gadgets) is through a pair of these

204440700_31f132ed-5c1d-4079-9f0b-16539b8bef31.jpg

Way to ruin my post -.- :D

Well aware' date=' only way to look directly at the sun during an eclipse (without any fancy gadgets) is through a pair of these

[img']http://img.tradera.net/medium/700/204440700_31f132ed-5c1d-4079-9f0b-16539b8bef31.jpg[/img]

Way to ruin my post -.- :D

Ah, the good old ones.

My local pharmacy has opted for the new, upgraded version; uncannily looking like a set of vintage 3D-glasses.

Also, I don't think there is a way to ruin a post containing Ricky Gervais.

Your irises automatically narrow when there is a significant exposure to the sun and vice versa. However' date=' during an eclipse, your irises do not close at all (or at least minimally), as your brain does not process the fact that there is an eclipse going on (as strange as that may sound, it is true), allowing dangerous amounts of UV onto your retina. Even 'normal' sunglasses would not do the trick here, making it something requiring a lot of prep before being able to watch.

Looking at the sun in an "eclipsed state" can lead to instant blindness.[/quote']

Now you tell me currently reading in braille , no but seriously my fk eyes hurt lol

It's a pretty clean forum all in all' date=' especially when compared to all the other discussion boards out there.

Though it might of course be due to the rigorous enforcement of the rules.[/quote']

You really think the rules are enforced rigorously? I think you're confusing that with strict rules. We don't set the rules, we just try to follow them. And believe me, we could give a lot more infractions and ban a lot more people if we wanted to be "rigorous".

that won't put an end to the cycle of hatred.

if you ban me this time' date=' one of my friends will eventually strike again and this would lead to more bans on the forum and trigger a cycle of hatred even more...

[/quote']

There is no cycle of hatred here. The rules for using the forum are displayed quite clearly for all to see, and they really are not difficult to follow. We can only let so much slip before acting, otherwise there wouldn't be any point in having us.

You really think the rules are enforced rigorously? I think you're confusing that with strict rules. We don't set the rules' date=' we just try to follow them. And believe me, we could give a lot more infractions and ban a lot more people if we wanted to be "rigorous".

[/quote']

I'm not having a go at the mods. I'm just comparing the level of cleanliness of this forum versus all the others out there. On that scale, all in all, this forum is quite near the top.

I've come to the decision to tell you something I think is very complex. I was very ill yesterday and then decided to visit a doctor, I discovered I developed a fatal heart condition which could lead to death at anytime. The doctor said I had a reminder of 8 weeks to live approximately, which is 2 months. I don't believe I'll die and I pray I dont.

I hope I survive, to me it's not a big deal simply because I am a Christian who believes strongly in God.

I've come to the decision to tell you something I think is very complex. I was very ill yesterday and then decided to visit a doctor' date=' I discovered I developed a fatal heart condition which could lead to death at anytime. The doctor said I had a reminder of 8 weeks to live approximately, which is 2 months. I don't believe I'll die and I pray I dont.

I hope I survive, to me it's not a big deal simply because I am a Christian who believes strongly in God.[/quote']

whattt??

a heart failure at your age????