The Random Thread

Safir

• 2 weeks later...

I mean it's their forum and their business. Less traffic in the forums means less promotion for their game.

They're idiots: they do whatever they want without consulting their customers.

And' date=' even after that, they don't care about people's feedback. :confused:

Judging by this thread, I guess forum really much worse than before in terms of activity. Oh you SM :rolleyes:

Atleast just give us old working User CP and it will be better by 50% than before :confused:

They're probably too busy with the single player game to listen to us, mate. :o

Long time no see, Daniel! :P

How have you been doing?

Yeah, this new forum layout is working like a scarecrow - many forumers, including myself, have become a lot less active. :/

Well done to you guys on winning the under 21 Euro!

I actually don't care about results besides the senior football ones.

But I kinda feel sorry for the Portuguese lads.

They were by far the team that played the best football in the entire tournament.

I'm surprised we've done so well without 1 of our best players (André Gomes).

No offence, mate, but Sweden needed this a lot more than Portugal.

Not to sound harsh, but that Swedish team is technically very limited.

I can't spot 1 player with big potential there.

I don't think this team can aspire to one day reach the semis of a senior Euro, for instance.

You guys would struggle big time, if you faced a defensive side, that would force you to be patient and play a possession based game.

This Swedish team reminds me of the Greek senior team: extremely organised and effective against offensive opposition.

But when they're forced to take the ball and create, that's when things become tougher.

We can see that in the Euro 2016 qualifiers.

Greece is facing defensive sides, like the Faroe Islands, and even though they're super weak, Greece lost twice to them.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing many of these Portuguese lads (and some from the under 20 team) incorporated into the senior squad.

That should have been done already: these lads put the senior team to shame.

Their football is fluid and they play quite well as a team.

If it weren't for Ronaldo, we would lose to teams like Armenia on a regular basis. :eek:

William is already a starter for the senior team, but guys like Bernardo, Paulo Oliveira or João Mário should already be as well.

We finally have another exciting traditional number 10, after all these years! :D

If Bernardo doesn't have bad luck with injuries, he'll certainly become a better playmaker than Rui Costa or Deco ever were.

The reintroduction of B teams came to the rescue of Portuguese football's youth system.

Many of our clubs don't bet on Portuguese youngsters in their main teams, but at least the kids get game time in the B team and gain experience.

I expect these lads (this generation of 18-23 year-olds) to make Portugal one of the best NTs in the world again, within 5 or 6 years.

They must stay humble and hopefully they'll deliver where it matters: in the senior team competitions. :)

If not, at least they're a joy to watch.

However, they must adapt and learn that they'll face offensive teams, like Germany was, against whom they they can play their best football.

But they'll also face defensive teams (like Sweden was) and they should learn how to deconstruct those kinds of tactics too.

Let's just hope them greedy football agents don't ruin many of these youngsters' careers... :o

To some extent I wonder, why was it even necessary to change the forum? It shouldn't be too cumbersome to maintain and can be largely left alone.

Of course, there might be a hope that new members will replace the old ones and create a new culture. In the meantime...

To some extent I wonder' date=' why was it even necessary to change the forum? It shouldn't be too cumbersome to maintain and can be largely left alone.

Of course, there might be a hope that new members will replace the old ones and create a new culture. In the meantime...[/quote']

I don't know what else to say about this, Safir.

SM seem to care very little about thier customers.

All I know is that this new layout (plus its technical malfunctions, like the slow way it works and the removal of the user CP) single-handedly got rid of many good forumers.

I still have some hope it ain't dead tho. :o

I don't know what else to say about this' date=' Safir.

SM seem to care very little about thier customers.

All I know is that this new layout (plus its technical malfunctions, like the slow way it works and the removal of the user CP) single-handedly got rid of many good forumers.

I still have some hope it ain't dead tho. :o[/quote']

I think they care about the success of their business. Even if the multiplayer game and (consequently the forum?) are at this point of marginal importance, that doesn't mean changing the forum up is a particularly beneficial venture. The simple ease of leaving things as they were would have seemed a very reasonable option, unless of course the management have decided that the current residents of the forum aren't particularly important and that they can be replaced with a new group of people who can create a more desirable forum culture.

I think they care about the success of their business. Even if the multiplayer game and (consequently the forum?) are at this point of marginal importance' date=' that doesn't mean changing the forum up is a particularly beneficial venture. The simple ease of leaving things as they were would have seemed a very reasonable option, [b']unless of course the management have decided that the current residents of the forum aren't particularly important and that they can be replaced with a new group of people who can create a more desirable forum culture.[/b]

Well mate, if they think that, they're inbreds.

There are/were lots of good people here, who actually care about the game and the forum.

Maybe they want stupid forumers, who buy into Soccerwiki's incompetence...

There was a forumer who had this sentence (from Bill Gates) as his sig - it's sth like this:

"Your most unhappy customers are your biggest source of learning".

Well mate' date=' if they think that, they're inbreds.

There are/were lots of good people here, who actually care about the game and the forum.

There was a forumer who had this sentence (from Bill Gates) as his sig - it's sth like this:

[/quote']

I suspect they might consider having the forum operating as a marketing device instead of a discussion board might be more profitable for business purposes.

Well mate' date=' if they think that, they're inbreds.

[/quote']

The forum is of no real importance as it generates no revenue. Besides, SM seem hell-bent on making the SP a success, and whilst I can see that happening, I imagine it's only a matter of time before the rest is abandoned and left to decay.

I think many would concur with you by saying that it's a real shame if the forum is destined to become more of a SW annex (not the right nomenclature, but mornings aren't really my thing), rather than remaining an interactive discussion thread.

The forum is of no real importance as it generates no revenue. Besides' date=' SM seem hell-bent on making the SP a success, and whilst I can see that happening, I imagine it's only a matter of time before the rest is abandoned and left to decay.

I think many would concur with you by saying that it's a real shame if the forum is destined to become more of a SW annex (not the right nomenclature, but mornings aren't really my thing), rather than remaining an interactive discussion thread.[/quote']

I get what you're saying, Ani.

But the SP is miles behind the competition (Football Manager, for instance).

Why would SM ignore people's constructive criticism?

If what they want is a bunch of morons who say amen to everything they do, even if it's mediocre, I don't think they'll find enough stupid customers who buy into their mistakes. :o

Not to mention that the multiplayer game and its many users were what got SM where it is today...

I get what you're saying' date=' Ani.

But the SP is miles behind the competition (Football Manager, for instance).

Why would SM ignore people's constructive criticism?

If what they want is a bunch of morons who say amen to everything they do, even if it's mediocre, I don't think they'll find enough stupid customers who buy into their mistakes. :o

Not to mention that the multiplayer game and its many users were what got SM where it is today...[/quote']

True, but the prevailing wisdom in business circles is that everyone but you is a moron and customers are infinitely gullible.

That's what every business strategist is telling them since that story sells more training hours than the truth.

• 2 weeks later...