Sign in to follow this  
Safir

The Random Thread

Re: Let's talk about stuff

Hahaha ye thats true' date=' teachers hate when they are questioned (quite ironic actually :P).[/quote']

Ironically teachers keep complaining to the students when they don't question but when they do, they hate it :o

Yeah they get really ****** when you ask why? How?

Won't that mean you live in constant insecurity since one thought is chained to another?

Good Point, could also mean to double check you answers, ie always question you results as a way to test for faults.

Ironically teachers keep complaining to the students when they don't question but when they do' date=' they hate it :o[/quote']

ye lol, another thing about teachers that makes me wonder is that generally teachers are the people that didnt get the "straight A's" in the subject they teach, thats why they teach Biology and aren't doctors, or are business teachers and not multimillionaires etc.

Ironically teachers keep complaining to the students when they don't question but when they do' date=' they hate it :o[/quote']

officially they are supposed to encourage questioning -unofficial bleh it's a job with a curriculum to deliver..

Good Point' date=' could also mean to double check you answers, ie always question you results as a way to test for faults.[/quote']

Well you would first ask what's the point of schooling, tests and such..when you can meander about and be happy

officially they are supposed to encourage questioning -unofficial bleh it's a job with a curriculum to deliver..

Well you would first ask what's the point of schooling' date=' tests and such..when you can meander about and be happy[/b']

lol that sounds like my logic :P

lol that sounds like my logic :P

And then what?

The old man sat down on the bench.

His grey hair told his age.

The student who'd been there before

sniffed once, and turned a page.

The old man gently touched his sleeve

"excuse me, son" said he.

The student turned his head, surprised,

what could the trouble be?

"Why study so" the old man asked,

"will you tell this to me?"

The youth replied "so I may go

to University."

"And after you have studied there"

the old man asked, "then what?"

"Then I will find a well-paid job

with the degree I've got."

The old man sighed. "What after that?"

he asked with quivering voice.

"Then I will set up homestead with

the lady of my choice."

"And after this," the old man probed

"What will life hold - tell me!"

"W-why then," replied the shaken youth

"I'll raise a family."

"And when they've all grown up and gone

what will be left for you?"

"I shall grow old, my wife and I.

Yes, that is what we'll do."

"I know all this" the old man said,

"This was my tale as well;

but after you've grown old, my son,

What will you do, pray tell?"

"Why then I'll die," the student quipped

"when I'm three score and ten."

"And after that" the old man cried,

"and after death, WHAT THEN?"

ye lol' date=' another thing about teachers that makes me wonder is that generally teachers are the people that didnt get the "straight A's" in the subject they teach, thats why they teach Biology and aren't doctors, or are business teachers and not multimillionaires etc.[/quote']

Good point lol. There was a time when I used to think that all the teachers are super-creatures and are pure of any kind of sin, cheating and everything lol but the reality couldn't be further from it (though exceptions are always there).

To be very honest with you, 'curriculum to deliver' is the weakest of excuses they give just to hide their deficiencies as most of them don't know a thing about the subject apart from what they've read in the course books themselves rather rote learned I must say.

Note: I have nothing against teachers lol. I respect them a lot but unfortunately many of them are far from ideal :o

And then what?

The old man sat down on the bench.

His grey hair told his age.

The student who'd been there before

sniffed once' date=' and turned a page.

The old man gently touched his sleeve

"excuse me, son" said he.

The student turned his head, surprised,

what could the trouble be?

"Why study so" the old man asked,

"will you tell this to me?"

The youth replied "so I may go

to University."

"And after you have studied there"

the old man asked, "then what?"

"Then I will find a well-paid job

with the degree I've got."

The old man sighed. "What after that?"

he asked with quivering voice.

"Then I will set up homestead with

the lady of my choice."

"And after this," the old man probed

"What will life hold - tell me!"

"W-why then," replied the shaken youth

"I'll raise a family."

"And when they've all grown up and gone

what will be left for you?"

"I shall grow old, my wife and I.

Yes, that is what we'll do."

"I know all this" the old man said,

"This was my tale as well;

but after you've grown old, my son,

What will you do, pray tell?"

"Why then I'll die," the student quipped

"when I'm three score and ten."

"And after that" the old man cried,

"and after death, WHAT THEN?"[/quote']

The purpose of life :rolleyes:

The answer to that question IMO is always live in the moment

Good point lol. There was a time when I used to think that all the teachers are super-creatures and are pure of any kind of sin' date=' cheating and everything lol but the reality couldn't be further from it (though exceptions are always there).

To be very honest with you, 'curriculum to deliver' is the weakest of excuses they give just to hide their deficiencies as most of them don't know a thing about the subject apart from what they've read in the course books themselves rather rote learned I must say.

Note: I have nothing against teachers lol. I respect them a lot but unfortunately many of them are far from ideal :o[/quote']

This also rubs of on the students, for example you can really see my maths teacher enjoys teaching us, and the results show this as well (class average of 80+). She takes the time to simplify everything for us, as well as creating memos for revision test etc.

Where as all the other classes get +-60 averages.

Good point lol. There was a time when I used to think that all the teachers are super-creatures and are pure of any kind of sin' date=' cheating and everything lol but the reality couldn't be further from it (though exceptions are always there).

Note:[b'] I have nothing against teachers lol. [/b]I respect them a lot but unfortunately many of them are far from ideal :o

Unfortunately I do-I have seen many ruin lives by inflicting punishment and rigidity instead of reward and flexibility -resulting in their students trapped in lifelong poverty.

This also rubs of on the students' date=' for example you can really see my maths teacher enjoys teaching us, and the results show this as well (class average of 80+). She takes the time to simplify everything for us, as well as creating memos for revision test etc.

Where as all the other classes get +-60 averages.[/quote']

I salute her for her commitment, she's unfortunately from a rare breed though.

Unfortunately I do-I have seen many ruin lives by inflicting punishment and rigidity instead of reward and flexibility -resulting in their students trapped in lifelong poverty.

Good and bad people are everywhere as I said.

No the right one :D I can imagine the mischief you would have been up too ;)

:P

Yeah, I feel ones life is to much determined by the grades achieved at school.

And those grades are a reflection of students perseverance/dedication, memory and "enthusiastic teachers".

Not the students intelligence, wisdom, creativity or problem solving skills.

I salute her for her commitment' date=' she's unfortunately from a rare breed though.

Good and bad people are everywhere as I said.[/quote']

She is-hope he makes her proud.

Yeah' date=' I feel ones life is to much determined by the grades achieved at school.

And those grades are a reflection of students perseverance/dedication, memory and "enthusiastic teachers".

Not the students intelligence, wisdom, creativity or problem solving skills.[/quote']

True-but it's a factory mate-it's job is to produce like minded individuals to provide the cogs in the machine of society.

Yeah' date=' I feel ones life is to much determined by the grades achieved at school.

Not the students intelligence, wisdom, creativity or problem solving skills.[/quote']

It's a mixture of all tbh. I don't know about your education system, but I've never seen an intelligent/wise/creative guy fail unless they totally hate their studies. It's easier for them instead, as they don't have to do as much hardwork as the mediocres have to :P Can go both ways though. Perseverance coupled with natural talent can make you Thiago Silva but at the same time complacency can easily ruin you too, just like it did ruin Breno. One thing of note is that Breno had the same talent as Silva, just couldn't find the motivation to work as hard as Silva did to reach where he is today.

But it has value-excel and opportunities arise within society' date=' fail and the downward spiral begins except for a few[/quote']

I can totally relate to it. Once that downward spiral starts it's very difficult to come back to normal terms again.