Sign in to follow this  
Jim Iley

John Stones

Not sure if there is a report on this lad yet so here goes ..

Name : John Stones

Club : Barnsley

Position : RB (can also play CB)

Rating : 75

A young defender who has broken into the Barnsley first team this season, after a few sub appearances towards the end of last term.

Stones is quick, powerful, tall (6 foot 2), skilful and looks the real deal. He is very confident for an 18 year old, and indications are he should develop into a top class player.

I have been watching Barnsley for many years and would rate this lad the best prospect from our junior ranks since David Hirst. He was marking possibly the best player in The Championship on Saturday in Thomas Ince, and gave a very good account of himself, even breaking forward on a few great runs when able.

He will get a nice rise from 75 if he keeps playing regularly (young kids often get taken out of the firing line, so he won't play every game), but his potential is way beyond the high 70's he'll go to soon. He's made his England U-19 debut in the last couple of weeks, after scoring his first goal in the League Cup. I would advise to get him now, as he could be a Premiership star in the near future!

Re: John Stones

Not sure if there is a report on this lad yet so here goes ..

Name : John Stones

Club : Barnsley

Position : RB (can also play CB)

Rating : 75

A young defender who has broken into the Barnsley first team this season' date=' after a few sub appearances towards the end of last term.

Stones is quick, powerful, tall (6 foot 2), skilful and looks the real deal. He is very confident for an 18 year old, and indications are he should develop into a top class player.

I have been watching Barnsley for many years and would rate this lad the best prospect from our junior ranks since David Hirst. He was marking possibly the best player in The Championship on Saturday in Thomas Ince, and gave a very good account of himself, even breaking forward on a few great runs when able.

He will get a nice rise from 75 if he keeps playing regularly (young kids often get taken out of the firing line, so he won't play every game), but his potential is way beyond the high 70's he'll go to soon. He's made his England U-19 debut in the last couple of weeks, after scoring his first goal in the League Cup. I would advise to get him now, as he could be a Premiership star in the near future![/quote']

Great report!.. i have a lot of youngers in my teams... but i didn´t know this guy keep us update!

Already drawn interest from premiership clubs' date=' Chelsea reportedly chasing him at £2M.

Played tremendously up to now, still makes odd mistakes but will defo be in premiership before he's 21.[/quote']

He's now in the Premiership with Everton following Thursday's £3m transfer. Snap him up whilst you can, he's still 18 and getting better by the minute. I hope sitting on Everton's bench doesn't stall his progress, as he could definitely be a future England international.

Probable rating change next week 75 --> 80/81, potential future 90+

He's now in the Premiership with Everton following Thursday's £3m transfer. Snap him up whilst you can' date=' he's still 18 and getting better by the minute. I hope sitting on Everton's bench doesn't stall his progress, as he could definitely be a future England international.

Probable rating change next week 75 --> 80/81, potential future 90+[/quote']

Rose to 82 today :)

hmm....too high?

no. it was spot on.

The championship has players rated up to 84.

He has played nearly every game up until he left so could be considered a first team player. 82 is a fair rating for a starting player for a Championship side. Just look at the rest of Barnsley squad and you can see 82 is about right for a first team regular.

He's The new Pirlo now!....google his penalty Everton v Juventus.

Seriously though he played very well and should play some games in the first team this season. He can rise to mid 80's next time if he continues to feature.

Still think he can be a 90 rated player if all goes as it should for him.

anybody care to have a guess at his potential?? just curious how far he can go bearing in mind that english players are often over-rated

Drafted in to the English senior squad training. They obviously rate him highly. Very difficult to tell with young players how they'll develop and as a defender he won't reach his peak for a long time yet.

Can't see any reason currently he won't be a regular for England in future years and reach 90+. Of course there's a hell of a lot of football to be played before then.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10237240/Wayne-Rooney-joins-in-England-training-despite-concerns-over-shoulder-injury.html

Another update....

Stones made his full Premiership debut for Everton in the 1-1 draw at Stoke City on New Years Day.

since then he has kept his place in the team and played full matches against QPR in the FA Cup, and today against Norwich in the Premier League, helping his team to 2 clean sheets in the process.

Everton fans are starting to get excited by him, according to some of their tweets;

Paul efc1878 ‏@Paulyboy1878 1m

Our football today is of a very high standard . In young John stones we have the next England center half.

Michael Hollis ‏@mikehollis91 1m

I'm starting to believe that John Stones will be the best centre half this country has seen since Bobby Moore.

Kevin Devonport ‏@kevdev9 4m

John Stones will be England captain in 5 years time. You've heard it here first!

Nathan Taylor ‏@Nathan_Taylor97 5m

Impossible not to be impressed by John Stones.

C DOT ‏@chrisrathe 52s

John Stones is a fantastic footballer.

Adrian Durham ‏@talkSPORTDrive 4 Jan

Some might have thought Everton might wobble without Jagielka but John Stones, signed by Moyes from Barnsley, is quality. Really composed.

John Smith ‏@john_toad 52s

Stones was man of the match today for me #efc

Chris Patterson ‏@tenzochris 1h

In case you were wondering who that composed beanpole on the back line was, his name is John Stones and he is 19 years old.

Amazing. #COYB

Footballista ‏@Fo0tballista 1h

John Stones has unreal confidence on the ball. Not afraid to bomb forward, not intimidated by pressure whatsoever.

Paul O'Mara ‏@PaulEFC86 43s

Good win for the blues! 2 cracking strikes from Barry and Mirallas. How good is John Stones? McGeady signed up aswell. #efc

Matty Vicary ‏@Vicaz22 9m

John Stones is class! Comfortable on possession and can put his foot in

Dan Parry PT ‏@tsdoddy 24m

John stones is years ahead of his time YEARS

Matthew Sands ‏@MatthewSands2 31m

@Everton So happy to see John Stones fulfilling his potential in the premier league. £3m starting to seem like a bargain for #efc fans now.

Anthony killen ‏@antkillen75 1h

That john stones is gonna be some player, wise head on young shoulders

graham flanagan ‏@gflan02 2m

John stones, the new beckonbauer.

If you haven't got him in your SoccerManager squads, buy him now!

He is going to be a very good Premier League footballer.

Everton is the ideal place for him to grow, i like the fact he has come up through the ranks with little fuss & attention, just going about his job playing the game. Not some ultra hyped youth prospect playing every game at U15/17/19 level, just a handful of games and now in the U21s as a regular. Kudos to Barnsley for nurturing him.

Future rating: 88

;2824332']He is going to be a very good Premier League footballer.

Everton is the ideal place for him to grow' date=' i like the fact he has come up through the ranks with little fuss & attention, just going about his job playing the game. Not some ultra hyped youth prospect playing every game at U15/17/19 level, just a handful of games and now in the U21s as a regular. Kudos to Barnsley for nurturing him.

Future rating: 88[/quote']

Martinez singing his praises as future England international.

http://star-signings.com/2014-03-04/everton-defender-john-stones-has-an-immense-career-ahead-of-him-says-martinez/

Now getting some serious minutes due to Jagielkas injury and if the Talksport commentators from todays game are to believed, he has the makings of a top class Premier League defender and future full England internationalist.

Have any forum members seen him play? I know Barnsley fans used to rave about him before he moved to Merseyside.

Nice little video of his game for Everton v Fulham recently.

Stones is the kid in the bandage/head-band.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ab_1396457593

Gonna be some player, up there with the very best; first touch, pace, skill, bravery, passing, intelligence. Lad has it all, just a bit more strength and experience and he'll be an England regular for sure.

Do you think its a good deal to sign him now or there is no problem to wait 1-2 months?

any suggestions?

I'd get him now.

19 year old 85 rated English CB's are rare.

He's had some terrific displays for Everton for someone so young and perfectly fits into Martinez's system.

To be honest i don't really care about the nationality,but i do care about potential.

He seems really prommising but will he get raise soon enough and what do you predict to be his limit?

90? 93? more? less?

To be honest i don't really care about the nationality' date='but i do care about potential.

He seems really prommising but will he get raise soon enough and what do you predict to be his limit?

90? 93? more? less?[/quote']

Well you should!

English youths when they show promise rise quicker due to them being upvoted on Soccerwiki more. They are also often in demand Barkely and Shaw are good examples of this and can be traded for high fees/ better players.

It's incredibly hard to predict potential ratings etc especially at such a young age but IMO he has shown enough talent that I would bet on him reaching 90 in his career (only +5 needed) any higher is impossible to say.

Regardless he's a good talent now young with potential so worth the risk.

Well you should!

English youths when they show promise rise quicker due to them being upvoted on Soccerwiki more. They are also often in demand Barkely and Shaw are good examples of this and can be traded for high fees/ better players.

It's incredibly hard to predict potential ratings etc especially at such a young age but IMO he has shown enough talent that I would bet on him reaching 90 in his career (only +5 needed) any higher is impossible to say.

Regardless he's a good talent now young with potential so worth the risk.

you are right about that,top league-good team-english player in his country-more votes from fans.

i am a bit strickt(i don't now if i say it right,sorry) about my purchases.

i get a team,sell everything and buy only affordable hot prospects. my average team's age is below 20.

i really hope to get some "pogba" cases and built a squad within 2 seasons.