Sign in to follow this  
Jim Iley

John Stones

Re: John Stones

Well you should!

English youths when they show promise rise quicker due to them being upvoted on Soccerwiki more. They are also often in demand Barkely and Shaw are good examples of this and can be traded for high fees/ better players.

It's incredibly hard to predict potential ratings etc especially at such a young age but IMO he has shown enough talent that I would bet on him reaching 90 in his career (only +5 needed) any higher is impossible to say.

Regardless he's a good talent now young with potential so worth the risk.

Would love for you to show me where this happens on SW :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

;2885337']Would love for you to show me where this happens on SW :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JMH people are more aware of English youths getting game time for parent clubs or out on loan etc.

Soccer Manager is UK based and as a result of the BPL being the most widely viewable league in the world more people on SM/Soccer Wiki are able to view PL games.

Very few, if any, English youths play outside of England.

So we have a situation where most of the world is watching English football and we have an english press that always informs us of the next english wonderkid etc people are bombarded with it.

As a result people like Shaw and Barkely, Sterling etc have risen quicker then if they were to say play for many other nations.

I don't have the time to track back and prove it but the theory is sound and noticeable. Even John Stones has risen quickly due to first team gametime at Everton.

Most english users are aware of people like Barkely but I'd wager far fewer have seen similar rated talents like Lestienne etc. Barkley will have a good game in the PL and people will go to SW to upvote him sooner than most other talents.

JMH people are more aware of English youths getting game time for parent clubs or out on loan etc.

Soccer Manager is UK based and as a result of the BPL being the most widely viewable league in the world more people on SM/Soccer Wiki are able to view PL games.

Very few' date=' if any, English youths play outside of England.

So we have a situation where most of the world is watching English football and we have an english press that always informs us of the next english wonderkid etc people are bombarded with it.

As a result people like Shaw and Barkely, Sterling etc have risen quicker then if they were to say play for many other nations.

I don't have the time to track back and prove it but the theory is sound and noticeable. Even John Stones has risen quickly due to first team gametime at Everton.

Most english users are aware of people like Barkely but I'd wager far fewer have seen similar rated talents like Lestienne etc. Barkley will have a good game in the PL and people will go to SW to upvote him sooner than most other talents.[/quote']

Ben, im a SW Admin and you are talking absolute baloney mate.

Upvoting as you put it, doesnt exist.

Stones, Sterling, Barkely etc are high rated for there age group because they are exceptionally good players, first XI regulars, and in the EPL, the best league in the world in many peoples eyes.

Very few' date=' if any, English youths play outside of England.

So we have a situation where [b']most of the world is watching English football[/b] and we have an english press that always informs us of the next english wonderkid etc people are bombarded with it.

Most english users are aware of people like Barkely but I'd wager far fewer have seen similar rated talents like Lestienne etc. Barkley will have a good game in the PL and people will go to SW to upvote him sooner than most other talents.

;2887513']Ben' date=' im a SW Admin and you are talking absolute baloney mate.

Upvoting as you put it, doesnt exist.

Stones, Sterling, Barkely etc are high rated for there age group because they are exceptionally good players, first XI regulars,[b'] and in the EPL, the best league in the world in many peoples eyes[/b].

Key point they play in English leagues, another key point they are English players.

I am arguing that because they are in such a widely exposed league and are English (a nation that loves to highlight young players in media etc) they will get uprated (didn't mean upvoted apologies for wrong choice of word their) a lot quicker than most other youths because everyone is so aware of their talents so quickly.

He's now in the Premiership with Everton following Thursday's £3m transfer. Snap him up whilst you can' date=' he's still 18 and getting better by the minute. I hope sitting on Everton's bench doesn't stall his progress, as he could definitely be a future England international.

Probable rating change next week 75 --> 80/81, potential future 90+[/quote']

Stones made his full England debut tonight, coming on as a sub in the World Cup warm up friendly v Peru.

I did think he would become an England international, not just so soon!

Is John Stones a good signing for the future. I got some bright talents for the future, below the list:

* Raphäel Varane

* Correa Marquinhos

* Koray Günter

* Phil Jones

* Kurt Zouma

* Tin Jedvaj

My current defenders for the main body are:

* Vincent Kompany

* Thiago Silva

* Gerard Pique

* Mehdi Benatia

* David Luiz

* Neven Subotic

* Javi Martinez

Let me know your opinion towards well or not signing John Stones.

I doubt Stones would play in your first team now or in the future so from this point of view I wouldn't buy him.

The only reason to get him may be doing some business with him as a player to swap.

Is John Stones a good signing for the future. I got some bright talents for the future' date=' below the list:

* Raphäel Varane

* Correa Marquinhos

* Koray Günter

* Phil Jones

* Kurt Zouma

* Tin Jedvaj

My current defenders for the main body are:

* Vincent Kompany

* Thiago Silva

* Gerard Pique

* Mehdi Benatia

* David Luiz