Serie A Rating Predictions

Re: Serie A Rating Predictions

Bang on the money' date=' so many users seem to disregard players when they get to 30 regardless of how they are playing. I've even seen some class players of 28 as old![/quote']

Yep, age and I believe the fact Roma just got knocked out of the Champions League have prompted these fickle calls. That's all any suggestion to drop De Rossi is.

It's worth remembering that before last season Roma finished 6th, 7th, 6th in the league. During this period there were three seasons with no Champions League football and as the league positions suggest, they were totally uncompetitive in Serie A. During this ENTIRE period De Rossi maintained 94 who's personal form also obviously dropped in a poor and under-achieving team. His personal form is certainly no worst now!

In more recent history, Roma finished 2nd last season, they're there again currently this season and they're back at the Champions League table, albeit briefly but nonetheless were impressive at times, especially away.

If De Rossi didn't drop between 2010-2013, with all this in mind, to drop him now would actually be farcical.

It's also worth noting the landscape for older players is different in the slower, more tactical league of Serie A. They have longer shelf-lives as the physical expenditure is less(not taking anything away from the league which I feel is increasingly getting a harsher deal from the critics)

I don't feel any of this is considered when people say De Rossi should drop.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Serie A Risers Atalanta: Click Here Bologna: Click Here Cagliari:Click Here Catania: Click Here Chievo: Click Here Fiorentina: Click Here Genoa: Click Here Juventus: Click Here Inte

Internet Explorer is faster than the speed they are reviewing Italy at

Juventus Benatia 91/92 Lichtsteiner 90/91 Howedes 90 Marchisio 92/91 Pjanic 94/93 Bentancur 87/88 Dybala 93/94   Napoli Hysaj 91 Albiol 90/89

Posted Images

I'm surprised Keita is only down as a slight chance to rise to 88 in the predictions on the previous page. Looking at the stats/performances there's even a strong case for 89 compared to Roma's other CMs (although I don't expect 89 yet)

I can understand the reticence not to go so high with your good predictions on the whole' date=' being conservative is always the best approach so 88 would be ok but still this does seem harsh even taking into account SM's poor attitude towards the elderly that even 88 isn't considered guaranteed.

P.S. Would I be correct in thinking Savic has about a 60/70% chance of rising? Looking at the stats it seems reasonable for an undisputed starter, good age also...I do fear Fiorentina's indifferent form could prevent this however...[/quote']

Any thoughts please? Relevant to a GC I'm in...

Any thoughts please? Relevant to a GC I'm in...

I would've said Keita to 88 and Savic a 50% chance to rise, but seeing how SM has managed the Ligue 1 'risers', it would be too much of a gamble to try predict it rationally.

If i was to base my prediction on the french league current updates, id say that none of them will rise.

The first one purely because he is old and totally without any hype (like Raggi).

The second one playing well but for a team that isnt doing that great in the league atm (like Fabinho)

I would've said Keita to 88 and Savic a 50% chance to rise' date=' but seeing how SM has managed the Ligue 1 'risers', it would be too much of a gamble to try predict it rationally.

If i was to base my prediction on the french league current updates, id say that none of them will rise.

The first one purely because he is old and totally without any hype (like Raggi).

The second one playing well but for a team that isnt doing that great in the league atm (like Fabinho)[/quote']

Thanks for the input. Personally I think it's crazy there could even be a debate whether Keita will rise but I appreciate your reasons and they are based on the 'system' and not necessarily the player. We are talking about the SM review system after-all. I see the logic behind your reasons and why you're reluctant now.

I feared I may be optimistic on Savic, I feel more prepared for him to stay now.

Thanks for the eye-opening, I didn't really consider France (a far weaker league in my opinion but it's SM's opinion which matters more!)

Got to spread.

I don't see De Rossi dropping at all. He's maintained 94 when he and Roma were playing worst. His situation has improved since such times so 94 should be comfortably retained.

I wonder if people see his age and just think he's got to drop' date=' hmmmm.[/quote']

Imo De Rossi's rating is based on the number of caps for Italy (100).

But over the last 7 years he won nothing with Roma / Italy.

Mascherano (93) f.e. is doing a better job at Barca/Argentina.

Imo De Rossi's rating is based on the number of caps for Italy (100).

But over the last 7 years he won nothing with Roma / Italy.

Mascherano (93) f.e. is doing a better job at Barca/Argentina.

Why drop him now Roma are second currently (for second consecutive season) and are getting back in the Champs League, when he was not dropped when Roma were finishing 6th/7th for three seasons without Champs League? Where's the logic in dropping him when both he and Roma are performing better when he was not dropped before?

SM is definitely based on reputation as you allude to, De Rossi is not the only one however.

Player comparisons is a thankless task, name any player and I can pick one unjustly rated lower in my opinion. This is no basis to drop anyone; SM does not work like that (without even talking about how I would disagree with anyone saying Mascherano is convincing when he's played at CB in recent seasons for Barca)

Personally I would agree Mascherano is just as good as De Rossi in midfield (even possibly better!) but he is not a special CB, which is where he has played for years. This has stunted his SM rating a very specific problem to Mascherano, this has no relevance to De Rossi. All these factors prevent a top tier rating, guaranteed starter in prefer position is a very basic requirement which he does not meet regardless of the competition at Barca.

With this in mind it's far too simple just comparing De Rossi and Mascherano; different positions, different situations.

Weird I remember Cam Lucas posting Pogba will get a +1 for now and I added on to his comment' date=' it seems that the 2 posts have been deleted.

Any I do not think Higuain, Chiellini will drop. Higuain is doing reasonably well to "not drop" even though I must say his rating is a little high.[/quote']

yeah ive seen a few go missing

Exactly. At this moment SM's rating system looks like this:

current form (6-18 months): 35%

Possibly a fair comment but at least we know what we're dealing with so we can work/plan around this. Yes it's frustrating in terms of realism though but the review system is a mess as a whole. I even miss the less than precise schedule from the good old days.

Serie A review has begun btw.

I just hope that they don't forget to give rises to Roma players like they did to the Marseile ones.

Manolas' date=' Nainngolan, Gervinho, Iturbe,(Romagnoli, Jedvaj) etc. should all rise.[/quote']

Not sure about Iturbe. Looks like Ljajic is Roma's first choice for the F® position........and Gervinho without any doubt F(L). Florenzi and Iturbe are subs most of the time.

Btw, SM have to add AM,F® to Ljajic's playing pos.

Ahmed Benali won't rise above 80 given Brescia's poor season.

I would predict 75-78/80. A poorly performing team in Serie B is not going to harbour massive rises which is why I'm reticent to fully commit to a +5.

Next review should his game-time continue he may get +2/3 again but that could be optimistic if Brescia continue to struggle. Whilst as it's Serie B we're talking about, I dread to think how long two reviews will take to happen.

Benali has been first choice for 18 months and hasn't risen so a +5 really is the least he should get, there have been plenty of players who have got +7 just from game time in the Serie B but with the way ratings are now that might be optimistic

Pedro Obiang managed +11 in Dec 2012 but that did include 6 months in the Serie A.

Mandragora hasn't played since he was added so he shouldn't rise

Predictions for these players ?

-Benali Ahmed

-Mandragora Rolando

Benali Ahmed is probably deserving of a +7 but I would worry that they will not review him for a while as they tend not to do the second divisions that often.

Mandragora Rolando has 68 mins in the league, he has 450 mins ad 90 mins in the primavera league and cup respectively, for combined he may get a +1.

Benali has been first choice for 18 months and hasn't risen so a +5 really is the least he should get' date=' there have been plenty of players who have got +7 just from game time in the Serie B but with the way ratings are now that might be optimistic

Pedro Obiang managed +11 in Dec 2012 but that did include 6 months in the Serie A.

Mandragora hasn't played since he was added so he shouldn't rise[/quote']

For a team currently 16th in Serie B? I think +5 as a max. prediction is more than sensible.

I've seen some very harsh reviews for players in better standards than Serie B (Brazil springs to mind) This is why I'm reluctant to even commit to 80 as Brescia's form could really drag him down.

I also feel predictors have an obligation to be conservative and cover all bases.

I really can't remember as far back as Obiang but firstly the review landscape has definitely changed due to the (supposed) more reviews; there aren't as many big risers these days as to what I remember, maybe nostalgia but buying risers seems a lot harder these days than what it used to. I doubt whether we'd see such an 'Obiang-esque' rise today for anyone not competing at a very high level for a high performing team. Secondly his Serie A performances would have had a massive impact, Benali obviously lacks here. Whilst thirdly Sampdoria were near the summit of Serie B for part of that period, Brescia is lacking here considerably and that third factor needs appreciation as it could be most relevant.

I know that Obiang wasn't really comparable in terms of the actual performances of the teams and probably him as a player but he was the first player that I could think of to have gone a similar length of time without being reviewed

Even if you just judge Benali on the minutes he has played then surely he deserves +5 at least.

He's played 2681 mins last season and 1227 mins so far this one without rising.

I know that Obiang wasn't really comparable in terms of the actual performances of the teams and probably him as a player but he was the first player that I could think of to have gone a similar length of time without being reviewed

Even if you just judge Benali on the minutes he has played then surely he deserves +5 at least.

He's played 2681 mins last season and 1227 mins so far this one without rising.

Yes he does deserve to rise at least +5 if looking only at minutes, never disputed that (my prediction even covers it!) I do believe the +7-9s is optimistic however. Again I can only repeat, Brescia's form should not be neglected, club form is always a factor.

Yes he does deserve to rise at least +5 if looking only at minutes' date=' never disputed that (my prediction even covers it!) I do believe the [b']+7-9s is optimistic however[/b]. Again I can only repeat, Brescia's form should not be neglected, club form is always a factor.

It's what he would have got before Soccerwiki but I agree now I think he'll be lucky to get the + 5 despite the thousands of minutes he's managed to get since his last review.