Peppo Espy

Serie A Rating Predictions

17 hours ago, jgos2 said:

I can only guess Parolo getting rewarded for national team and consistency over past 5 seasons plus they like to have theses CL clubs with players 91 at least.

Man Utd only came 6, he only scored 1 goal in the league, he doesn't play for the national team so I guess he needs to wait longer, they won the EL cup so he will get in winter if plays like this.

Lazio didn't qualify for the CL. Strange how De Vrij stayed 90 though, there goes that 91 theory. Even at a snails pace they still somehow manage to miss players (Patric). It doesn't matter how many goals Herrera scored seeing as his job isn't to score goals. Banega went to 92 for same achievements, in fact, finishing a position lower in the league. 6 isn't enough but 7 was? So it comes down simply to international football. Shame on Herrera for being from a country with such a competitive midfield to get into. Maybe if he was from Slovakia he could have a chance to rise. The rating system doesn't work and it hasn't for a long time now. It gets more and more ridiculous after each review. They're losing more and more customers but don't realise it because of all the 'fake' accounts made. Judging from the game worlds I am in, I'd say 20-30% of the accounts in the game are now fake cheat accounts and that number will continue to rise.

52 minutes ago, Hail Mary said:

Lazio didn't qualify for the CL. Strange how De Vrij stayed 90 though, there goes that 91 theory. Even at a snails pace they still somehow manage to miss players (Patric). It doesn't matter how many goals Herrera scored seeing as his job isn't to score goals. Banega went to 92 for same achievements, in fact, finishing a position lower in the league. 6 isn't enough but 7 was? So it comes down simply to international football. Shame on Herrera for being from a country with such a competitive midfield to get into. Maybe if he was from Slovakia he could have a chance to rise. The rating system doesn't work and it hasn't for a long time now. It gets more and more ridiculous after each review. They're losing more and more customers but don't realise it because of all the 'fake' accounts made. Judging from the game worlds I am in, I'd say 20-30% of the accounts in the game are now fake cheat accounts and that number will continue to rise.

Seems like u have Herrera in all your gws. And NO he doesn't deserve an increase. 

22 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

Seems like u have Herrera in all your gws. And NO he doesn't deserve an increase. 

In that case 80% of these rises weren't deserved. Lets take today for example, Hamsik to 93. Playing for a team who never do anything in Europe and play in a league with one team. If Napoli were in the Premiership, they'd finish 10th. 93? lol. What's the world coming to. :lol:

1 hour ago, Hail Mary said:

Agreed on Herrera, Patric, Hamsik

I agree on Patric and Herrera but Hamsik was absolutely deserving of a rise. He's just had the best season of his career and without doubt was playing at a 92 level before that. You cannot look at it like "well if x got a rise then x must as well". It should work that way but it doesnt, Hamsik deserved a rise though, no question.

Having said that, Patric is baffling.

2 minutes ago, Moz^ said:

I agree on Patric and Herrera but Hamsik was absolutely deserving of a rise. He's just had the best season of his career and without doubt was playing at a 92 level before that. You cannot look at it like "well if x got a rise then x must as well". It should work that way but it doesnt, Hamsik deserved a rise though, no question.

Having said that, Patric is baffling.

I actually have nothing against Hamsik and I think he's a quality player, no doubting. Like you mentioned, just a case of 'x' didn't rise so 'x'' shouldn't as well. The inconsistency is frustrating. Things like players getting missed is such a big deal because of the time between reviews. 6 months is a long time to wait :unsure: 

34 minutes ago, Hail Mary said:

In that case 80% of these rises weren't deserved. Lets take today for example, Hamsik to 93. Playing for a team who never do anything in Europe and play in a league with one team. If Napoli were in the Premiership, they'd finish 10th. 93? lol. What's the world coming to. :lol:

Taking your argument into account, Monreal deserves an increase. Won fa cup, finished above MU, played the most mins in arsenal team. Too bad jordi alba, azpili are Spanish. Napoli are a constant CL team whereas MU were fav for EL. if u can't see the difference between CL and EL how can u see Hamsik head and shoulder a better player than Herrera. 

As for Herrera being a Dm/cm, he is no close to kante or matic or wanyama, etc. MU finished 6th remember that.

4 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

Taking your argument into account, Monreal deserves an increase. Won fa cup, finished above MU, played the most mins in arsenal team. Too bad jordi alba, azpili are Spanish. Napoli are a constant CL team whereas MU were fav for EL. if u can't see the difference between CL and EL how can u see Hamsik head and shoulder a better player than Herrera. 

As for Herrera being a Dm/cm, he is no close to kante or matic or wanyama, etc. MU finished 6th remember that.

Hamsik plays for a team in a much easier league, so Napoli finishing in the champions league positions is no big surprise. Napoli got to the last 16 this season but failed to even make the group stages the previous two seasons so lets not talk like they're some recognised champions league force. Comparing to the players you mentioned, I agree on Kante who is head and shoulders above every holding mid in that league (possibly the world). How can you say Herrera is not close to Matic or Wanyama? Do you watch football or just take your knowledge from SM ratings? Herrera is a hugely undervalued player for Man Utd and he is key to how they operate. Lets also remember Man Utd finished 6th because they went for the Europa (which they won) instead of top 4. 

29 minutes ago, Hail Mary said:

Hamsik plays for a team in a much easier league, so Napoli finishing in the champions league positions is no big surprise. Napoli got to the last 16 this season but failed to even make the group stages the previous two seasons so lets not talk like they're some recognised champions league force. Comparing to the players you mentioned, I agree on Kante who is head and shoulders above every holding mid in that league (possibly the world). How can you say Herrera is not close to Matic or Wanyama? Do you watch football or just take your knowledge from SM ratings? Herrera is a hugely undervalued player for Man Utd and he is key to how they operate. Lets also remember Man Utd finished 6th because they went for the Europa (which they won) instead of top 4. 

No I don't watch football. So listening to you herrara should be 97 above busquets who plays in a easier league. Mike smalling 97 too above Ramos and varane who plays in a easier league. Pogba should be above verrati who plays in French league. MU last 3 European adventure - didn't make it to CL, failed in group stage, won the EL. That must be better than Napoli. Didn't MU with Herrera in their team had most draws? Didn't MU score just 1 goal more than Bournemouth? But hey they chose to be 6th. Give Herrera 99 !! 

And such injustice that there are 10 other Spanish midfielders better than Herrera. 

Even just following SMs rating makes more sense than listening to you.

... Lets also remember Man Utd finished 6th because they went for the Europa (which they won) instead of top 4. 

= flawed memory

Man Utd went for the EL because they failed in the league. The EL was softer than a top 4 finish. The league was a lost cause and making the EL a priority made sense.

Also, need I remind you that Man Utd lost against "powerhouses" such as Feyenoord and Fenerbahce (ending as runners-up in the group). In the KO stages they faced the likes of ASSE, Rostov, Anderlecht, Celta (15th in the league back then) and Ajax's U21s. Man Utd often advanced with small margins. It's only the EL and it wasn't even an impressive run. Besides it was Fellaini that came through for Tractor FC in the EL. Last time they finished 4th in the league it was also Fellaini who was unplayable when it counted (getting desperately needed wins in a tough run of fixtures until Mourinho sacrificed a defender to mark him out of the game). The hatred he receives from customers is shameful. Managers, not exactly unknown ones, do rate him and on the whole he has been a good servant to the club.

1 hour ago, Middle_Finger said:

No I don't watch football. So listening to you herrara should be 97 above busquets who plays in a easier league. Mike smalling 97 too above Ramos and varane who plays in a easier league. Pogba should be above verrati who plays in French league. MU last 3 European adventure - didn't make it to CL, failed in group stage, won the EL. That must be better than Napoli. Didn't MU with Herrera in their team had most draws? Didn't MU score just 1 goal more than Bournemouth? But hey they chose to be 6th. Give Herrera 99 !! 

And such injustice that there are 10 other Spanish midfielders better than Herrera. 

Even just following SMs rating makes more sense than listening to you.

You've gone completely ridiculous because you've ran out of irrelevant things to say. No one is saying Herrera is better than Busquets and I haven't even mentioned La Liga. This was a discussion about the injustice of Herrera not rising to a 92, not 93 (Hamsik's rating), 94, 95 etc. If you want to compare seasons, then Man Utd's League cup, Europa lge and 6th place finish beats Napoli's 3rd place finish in an easier league, yet one player rises to 93 and one can't even make 92. 

38 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

= flawed memory

Man Utd went for the EL because they failed in the league. The EL was softer than a top 4 finish. The league was a lost cause and making the EL a priority made sense.

Also, need I remind you that Man Utd lost against "powerhouses" such as Feyenoord and Fenerbahce (ending as runners-up in the group). In the KO stages they faced the likes of ASSE, Rostov, Anderlecht, Celta (15th in the league back then) and Ajax's U21s. Man Utd often advanced with small margins. It's only the EL and it wasn't even an impressive run. Besides it was Fellaini that came through for Tractor FC in the EL. Last time they finished 4th in the league it was also Fellaini who was unplayable when it counted (getting desperately needed wins in a tough run of fixtures until Mourinho sacrificed a defender to mark him out of the game). The hatred he receives from customers is shameful. Managers, not exactly unknown ones, do rate him and on the whole he has been a good servant to the club.

I'm not saying the Europa league is a great competition. Maybe I'm being misunderstood here. I made the point the season before, Banega went from 91-92 for winning the Europa and finishing 7th, so why couldn't Herrera for doing the same and finishing 6th? People think a 6th place finish in the Prem is so terrible, but I'd put the achievement similar to finishing 3rd in Italy (if not better). Whether people want to agree with it or not, the Prem is a harder league. Just look at the ridiculous amount of goals Dzeko and Mertens have scored this season. Do you really think they'd get half that amount in the Premiership? A quarter even? Dzeko has already tried and failed. If Hamsik can make 93 then Herrera should of been 92. 

You've gone completely ridiculous because you've ran out of irrelevant things to say. No one is saying Herrera is better than Busquets and I haven't even mentioned La Liga. This was a discussion about the injustice of Herrera not rising to a 92, not 93 (Hamsik's rating), 94, 95 etc. If you want to compare seasons, then Man Utd's League cup, Europa lge and 6th place finish beats Napoli's 3rd place finish in an easier league, yet one player rises to 93 and one can't even make 92. 

I'm not saying the Europa league is a great competition. Maybe I'm being misunderstood here. I made the point the season before, Banega went from 91-92 for winning the Europa and finishing 7th, so why couldn't Herrera for doing the same and finishing 6th? People think a 6th place finish in the Prem is so terrible, but I'd put the achievement similar to finishing 3rd in Italy (if not better). Whether people want to agree with it or not, the Prem is a harder league. Just look at the ridiculous amount of goals Dzeko and Mertens have scored this season. Do you really think they'd get half that amount in the Premiership? A quarter even? Dzeko has already tried and failed. If Hamsik can make 93 then Herrera should of been 92. 

Its easier talking to a child!

10 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

Its easier talking to a child!

Coming from the guy who thinks Italy has a stronger league than England and Napoli are stronger than Manchester United? Then when he runs out of things to say to support his argument, makes up a load of irrelevant bull like comparing Smalling to Ramos. Give us some more funny man ... 

4 hours ago, Hail Mary said:

Coming from the guy who thinks Italy has a stronger league than England and Napoli are stronger than Manchester United? Then when he runs out of things to say to support his argument, makes up a load of irrelevant bull like comparing Smalling to Ramos. Give us some more funny man ... 

My money's on Napoli

1 hour ago, Cvilhete said:

Iniesta,koke,busquets,Thiago, silva, fabregas, Isco, Saúl, Martinez that's 9 lol

Few things here.... start with the obvious

1. Isco, no he's an out and out winger 

2. Cesc, im guessing that one is a joke? 

3. Which Martinez? I presume you mean Javi who has not played CM for as long as I can remember now, how the hell he still has CM on SM is beyond me

Now the rest.....

Biscuites, Saul & Thiago both have that similar role to Herrera (Biscuites a bit more sitting) I'd give you those... you could argue Herrera/Saul but I'll give you Saul as he's incredible

But, Koke & Silva don't have nearly the amount of defensive responsibility that Ander has. If we are talking the ideal midfielder, one that can do all jobs, box to box, eye for a thru ball, mix up long and short passing, dictate tempo and most important role of a CM (IMO) Get that foot in and walk off the pitch with your opposition player in your back pocket. Herrera all day long, if you need some creativity then these 2

Realistically, for Spain right now, Biscuites, Thiago, Saul and Herrera in that order in terms of proper CM players 

4 minutes ago, tupac_healy said:

3. Which Martinez? I presume you mean Javi who has not played CM for as long as I can remember now, how the hell he still has CM on SM is beyond me

Now the rest.....

Biscuites, Saul & Thiago both have that similar role to Herrera (Biscuites a bit more sitting) I'd give you those... you could argue Herrera/Saul but I'll give you Saul as he's incredible

But, Koke & Silva don't have nearly the amount of defensive responsibility that Ander has. If we are talking the ideal midfielder, one that can do all jobs, box to box, eye for a thru ball, mix up long and short passing, dictate tempo and most important role of a CM (IMO) Get that foot in and walk off the pitch with your opposition player in your back pocket. Herrera all day long, if you need some creativity then these 2

Realistically, for Spain right now, Biscuites, Thiago, Saul and Herrera in that order in terms of proper CM players 

the matter in question was to name 10 midfielders, last time i checked they were all midfielders, i'm not going to go back and forth with you on this one because i can see your profile pic pretty much explains why you'd have a biased opionion on a good but not great player, plus i simply don't care enough as it wasn't me who came up with the original post but i'd easily pick any of those guys ahead of him to do a job in midfield it's no coincidence they're all at better clubs.

2 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

10? Really???

Should be interesting..... go

1 hour ago, Cvilhete said:

Iniesta,koke,busquets,Thiago, silva, fabregas, Isco, Saúl, Martinez that's 9 lol

8 minutes ago, tupac_healy said:

Now the rest.....

Herrera is almost 28 and still hasn't played a single competitive tie for his country. You could also add Cazorla +/- Mata (when used as an attacking mid) to get to 10. Also, Marcos Llorente probably will start picking up caps in the near future.

Why is this discussion dragging on in here? It belongs in the PL thread and TBH if it was a massive oversight I could understand why you'd waste so many words on Herrera but it isn't. The EL "argument" could also be used for Fellaini who played a bigger part. However that EL "argument" is a weak one (even as an excuse for the noodle salesmen's poor league finish). Fellaini shouldn't get a +1 either. He did enough to hold onto his rating but definitely nothing worthy to push him over 90.

Compared to Chelsea both Manchester teams are still overpowered. Despite Chelsea's record breaking season and 2nd title in 3 years hardly any players got a rise. After 4 years of poor league finishes Man Utd should be rated lower than Chelsea. Man Utd have received more generosity than they deserve.

@Hail Mary