Peppo Espy

Serie A Rating Predictions

7 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

I've both Rudiger and Rugani....

Seems to me like the wrong player got the +1 ??

Nothing for big Sami (even though he plays for better club and country teams than Hamsik and Nag) which can't be down to age considering Button and Bonucci both rose (deservedly, imo)

So wrong! 

Twice as many minutes appx, really, unbelievable...

On June 13, 2017 at 2:47 AM, Marek said:

Rudiger 89 is a joke.

Spaletti has worked with him so long now and would rather have Rudiger @30M than Manolas. Highly rated going on 24 no need to wait available on SM for 12M

7 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

I've both Rudiger and Rugani....

Seems to me like the wrong player got the +1 ?

So wrong! 

Especially now since Caldara has more talent as is a Juventus player. There were strong rumors De Vrij might go there also. Juve always looking to upgrade, Rugani nowhere near as good as first seems, I would have been cautious with his rise. He will be stuck on that rating now for 4 years I bet

7 hours ago, Gavin Peers said:

Rugani's +1 is really surprising, he's clearly going to be a brilliant player but struggles for minutes considering the four other CBs at Juve

On an individual level Khedira hasn't had as impressive a season as the other two though, so I can understand him missing out.

I still would have thought a rise for him was more likely than either Buffon or Bonucci

Pjanic was underwhelming also, that is Khediras job not to stand out, to 93 would have been right( he had a stellar year) If Juve get knocked out early in CL next season he will never get it then at 30 they'll be aching to make him -1

meanwhile Banega at 92 is not good enough for Inter now and will be offloaded. SM ratings are supposed to be slow up and down but too quick up now with the rash of players getting +2s and 90s and the down takes 2 years

8 hours ago, Gavin Peers said:

On an individual level Khedira hasn't had as impressive a season as the other two though, so I can understand him missing out.

12 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

April 2012.... thats the last date Khedira has risen.... 

He's done nothing over the course of the last 5 years to warrant a +1 ?

I guess by now everybody realises many factors are involved in increasing or decreasing a players rating. Some of the arguments here are weak.

1) a player just doesn't get a rise coz he played X amount of mins. This would mean almost every teams first 11-18 getting pluses! In that argument Leicesters Morgan and huth should get +1 every review.

2) I am not sure how many followed Roma. Look at the no. of goals conceded every time rudiger played. 

3) Rudiger is a very good potential player (which most of u agree). So is Ruggani. Both the players hype and potential are at par as of this moment. So the rating reflects. They couldn't decrease rudiger to 88. Ruggani was almost regular at the start before his injury.

4) Buffon deserves a +1. The man is getting talked about getting a B'dor. I can guarantee he will be in top 3 in that list!

5) among many attributes Marketing a player is also involved while doing the ratings. I guess that's why Khedira missed out. No team in irl even talk about buying him. Anyway he hasn't changed for so many yrs is coz he was injured for almost 3 yrs. So he didn't even get a decrease during that time.

6) Finally, every review SM/sw cannot do up and down on a players ratings. They wait to see how the player recovers from poor spell or how much he improves further to merit an increase. Hence Banega staying put as of now. Depay had a good period since his move, does that mean he deserves +1 instantly? Let's wait and see how he continues his form. Which I think is fair.

And guys the argument of some guy played so many minutes and should get an increase is a boring and nonsical way of looking at it. Half the playrs in a team in the world plays that many minutes, so increase to all? Come on man

51 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

I guess by now everybody realises many factors are involved in increasing or decreasing a players rating. Some of the arguments here are weak.

1) a player just doesn't get a rise coz he played X amount of mins. This would mean almost every teams first 11-18 getting pluses! In that argument Leicesters Morgan and huth should get +1 every review.

2) I am not sure how many followed Roma. Look at the no. of goals conceded every time rudiger played. 

3) Rudiger is a very good potential player (which most of u agree). So is Ruggani. Both the players hype and potential are at par as of this moment. So the rating reflects. They couldn't decrease rudiger to 88. Ruggani was almost regular at the start before his injury.

4) Buffon deserves a +1. The man is getting talked about getting a B'dor. I can guarantee he will be in top 3 in that list!

5) among many attributes Marketing a player is also involved while doing the ratings. I guess that's why Khedira missed out. No team in irl even talk about buying him. Anyway he hasn't changed for so many yrs is coz he was injured for almost 3 yrs. So he didn't even get a decrease during that time.

6) Finally, every review SM/sw cannot do up and down on a players ratings. They wait to see how the player recovers from poor spell or how much he improves further to merit an increase. Hence Banega staying put as of now. Depay had a good period since his move, does that mean he deserves +1 instantly? Let's wait and see how he continues his form. Which I think is fair.

And guys the argument of some guy played so many minutes and should get an increase is a boring and nonsical way of looking at it. Half the playrs in a team in the world plays that many minutes, so increase to all? Come on man

Spot on! 

Player increases are based on playing time in the league, major competitions and international representation...all need to be consistent over a period of time. Overall performance (goals, assists, squad contribution) and most of all how well the team gets on in league and competitions. 

4 hours ago, jgos2 said:

Especially now since Caldara has more talent as is a Juventus player. There were strong rumors De Vrij might go there also. Juve always looking to upgrade, Rugani nowhere near as good as first seems, I would have been cautious with his rise. He will be stuck on that rating now for 4 years I bet

I don't know where you've got this from, Rugani is still very much the future of Juve's defence and has impressed whenever he's played.

Caldara is coming in as a future partner for him not as a replacement

3 hours ago, Middle_Finger said:

He played right side of 3 man defence, hardly sole route of the leaks, with slow Fazio in the center

3) Rudiger is a very good potential player (which most of u agree). So is Ruggani. Both the players hype and potential are at par as of this moment. So the rating reflects. They couldn't decrease rudiger to 88. Ruggani was almost regular at the start before his injury. Decrease rudiger IRL as you say elsewhere 30-40M

4) Buffon deserves a +1. The man is getting talked about getting a B'dor. I can guarantee he will be in top 3 in that list! Not saying he due respect but it's like the Oscars he's due. Despite no save of the season, no standout MOM so pure solid consistency

Alcantara injured more as soon as he put one full season in 92 jump to 94

6) Finally, every review SM/sw cannot do up and down on a players ratings. They wait to see how the player recovers from poor spell or how much he improves further to merit an increase.

I agree with you're common sense approach just some whingy comments from me above

8 hours ago, jgos2 said:

I agree with you're common sense approach just some whingy comments from me above

1)Rudiger played on the right side of the 3 man defense coz he can. And with 3 cbs u don't need the quickest in the centre. Rudiger was at fault so many time coz his positional sense is poor. If u have followed Roma u will see the links to goals conceded is direct consequence of rudigers positional play.

2) regarding alcantara, Guardiola said he is very important and was rumoured man city target. Ancelotti praised him very highly too. Whereas in Juventus its about Buffon, Bonnucci, chirlliini, dybala, higuain, alves, even injured Marchisio got/gets more air time than khedira. Hence its hard to notice and judge. So I believe his current rating is fair. 

6 hours ago, Middle_Finger said:

1)Rudiger played on the right side of the 3 man defense coz he can. And with 3 cbs u don't need the quickest in the centre. Rudiger was at fault so many time coz his positional sense is poor. If u have followed Roma u will see the links to goals conceded is direct consequence of rudigers positional play.

2) regarding alcantara, Guardiola said he is very important and was rumoured man city target. Ancelotti praised him very highly too. Whereas in Juventus its about Buffon, Bonnucci, chirlliini, dybala, higuain, alves, even injured Marchisio got/gets more air time than khedira. Hence its hard to notice and judge. So I believe his current rating is fair. 

1. Rudiger...... Firstly, no player in the history of the game or any sporthas ever gone without error. As for Rudiger being 'responsible' there are 2 other CBs playing and indeed a goalkeeper (a very poor one imo) so it's a bit much to land the blame on one player.... every defence is a defensive unit and to be fair, Low rates him as he's back in the NT as soon as he was fit again. Both he and Fazio should have got 90, it's that simple. There are premiership CBs that are 90 rated playing for poor teams and Seria A is back on the rise, VVD and Fonte for example, both play for low-mid level teams essentially & Roma are top drawer in Italy. 

2. Khedira, you say 'Guardiola said he is very important' which is true, very true.... however same can be said of Khedira. Again, the proof is as soon as he's back from injury HE'S BACK IN THE STARTING LINE UP, AS A REGULAR. That's the very definition of an important player, same with Strootman, he rose.... Why not Sami? Even though I'm a Roma fan I can't understand why Khedira is not at least equal to Nianggolan, both are ESSENTIAL to they way the team plays, but the difference is Juve and Germany are miles better....

No excuse for not rising these players, there are also others such as Salah, Fazio and Paredes... compare the top teams ratings in Germany, Spain, overrated England and Italy... you'll see a world of difference, which is wrong. Italy are on the up without a shadow of a doubt and ratings should reflect this, especially the top brass 

4 minutes ago, tupac_healy said:

1. Rudiger...... Firstly, no player in the history of the game or any sporthas ever gone without error. As for Rudiger being 'responsible' there are 2 other CBs playing and indeed a goalkeeper (a very poor one imo) so it's a bit much to land the blame on one player.... every defence is a defensive unit and to be fair, Low rates him as he's back in the NT as soon as he was fit again. Both he and Fazio should have got 90, it's that simple. There are premiership CBs that are 90 rated playing for poor teams and Seria A is back on the rise, VVD and Fonte for example, both play for low-mid level teams essentially & Roma are top drawer in Italy. 

2. Khedira, you say 'Guardiola said he is very important' which is true, very true.... however same can be said of Khedira. Again, the proof is as soon as he's back from injury HE'S BACK IN THE STARTING LINE UP, AS A REGULAR. That's the very definition of an important player, same with Strootman, he rose.... Why not Sami? Even though I'm a Roma fan I can't understand why Khedira is not at least equal to Nianggolan, both are ESSENTIAL to they way the team plays, but the difference is Juve and Germany are miles better....

No excuse for not rising these players, there are also others such as Salah, Fazio and Paredes... compare the top teams ratings in Germany, Spain, overrated England and Italy... you'll see a world of difference, which is wrong. Italy are on the up without a shadow of a doubt and ratings should reflect this, especially the top brass 

I get your points but its a poor argument. 

I am talking about rudiger as an individual player. What you are doing is comparing him to another and weighing between them. That's no base for argument. And according to your theory, all the 2-4 regular CB's of a team should have same ratings. If Rudiger maintains his form he will rise. But he needs to vastly improve to get into 90s.

As for naingolan and khedira, another comparison, the former played at a high level for few years now. Khedira had a full season this term in a long time. He is a good player, no doubt, but as of this moment he is not at the level of  naingolan or kante. 

As for khedira, he doesn't make Juventus better. In fact Juventus as a team makes Khedira and few other players look better ! 

The way Juventus pursued Cuadrado, one would think he is a world better. But no, he suits the team, the style. Same as khedira.

18 hours ago, Middle_Finger said:

I get your points but its a poor argument. 

I am talking about rudiger as an individual player. What you are doing is comparing him to another and weighing between them. That's no base for argument. And according to your theory, all the 2-4 regular CB's of a team should have same ratings. If Rudiger maintains his form he will rise. But he needs to vastly improve to get into 90s.

* ANY EXAMPLES OF THESE MISTAKES THAT COST ROMA POINTS? IF HE MADE SO MANY OF THEM YOU'D THINK SPALETTI WOULD HAVE NOTICED AND DROPPED HIM. LOW TOO...

As for naingolan and khedira, another comparison, the former played at a high level for few years now. Khedira had a full season this term in a long time. He is a good player, no doubt, but as of this moment he is not at the level of  naingolan or kante. 

As for khedira, he doesn't make Juventus better. In fact Juventus as a team makes Khedira and few other players look better ! 

* SAME WITH GERMANY YEAH?

The way Juventus pursued Cuadrado, one would think he is a world better. But no, he suits the team, the style. Same as khedira.

* DIFFERENT POSITIONS & DIFFERENT JOBS WITHIN THE TEAM, POINTLESS COMPARISON, ONLY FAIR COMPARISON IS TO COMPARE LIKE FOR LIKE 

Also, my argument was well structured with valid points (some of which you completely ignored in order to validate your argument) so no... it was not a 'poor argument'

Patrick Cutrone seems that he will get a rise. Played 60 minutes (in seria a )and has scored 2 league and one europa league(played 70 min.) qual. goals (and also he scored some goals at the summer friendlies and cups) maybe he will go to 78-80 in the next review if he continues like that.

18 minutes ago, Dot I Dot said:

Patrick Cutrone seems that he will get a rise. Played 60 minutes (in seria a )and has scored 2 league and one europa league(played 70 min.) qual. goals (and also he scored some goals at the summer friendlies and cups) maybe he will go to 78-80 in the next review if he continues like that.

I have him down as 140mins (78 v Cagliari 1goal & 62 v Crotone 1goal)? Otherwise totally agree :)

22 minutes ago, Dot I Dot said:

3 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

I have him down as 140mins (78 v Cagliari 1goal & 62 v Crotone 1goal)? Otherwise totally agree :)

Gonna be a brilliant talent hence why SM have slapped a 1.4mil price tag on him.

13 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Gonna be a brilliant talent hence why SM have slapped a 1.4mil price tag on him.

Same as Lorenzo Callegari @ PSG but he has a measly 3min & last season at that. Also Woo Lee at Hellas Verona & 3 others atRoma, maybe a few more. Might be an Italian thing, maybe SM staff are holidaying there, listening to locals:)

On 16/09/2017 at 0:00 PM, Middle_Finger said:

Can anybody tell me about these players from Bologna pls - Verdi, krejci and masina(LB). Recently I took bologna in a franchise gw and would like to know their prospects in the future and should I sell them or not? 

Haven't seen them play but Verdi has 352mins, Masina 346mins & krejci 25mins out of 360mins so far this season if that helps. See no one else has replied since Saturday.