Peppo Espy

Serie A Rating Predictions

Re: Serie A Rating Predictions 2012/13

Forwards have always been easier to gain ratings and have a higher rating' date=' so maybe now SM wants the other positions to have the same range of ratings according to the talent/ability in their position.

.[/quote']

Once upon a time, out in the weelderness, Soccermanagerland contained two goalkeepers, both rated 96. There were also many more defenders rated above 94 than there are today. All the above species roamed the planes of ECs and WCs, were prized trophies deep within the caves of GCs and Custom Setups. They grazed on cup squads and managers who slept late, leaving lopsided scorelines in their wake.

...but then, something terrible happened. A comet fell from the sky, sending a dust cloud high in the air, up, up, up, over Soccermanagerland. And the highly-rated defenders and goalkeepers, dependent on the Sun's glorious rays to regulate their gigantic bodies' internal temperature, slowly became endangered or extinct. The cleverest ones, mind you, accepted their new, diminutive stature and rank, began to eek out a living on lichen and moss in caves and under thick brushes. Look no further than the Johnterrius Racialslurris, the Rioferdinandum Cocainus, or even the Jamiecarragheris Fidelis; these, and so many more species hover on the brink, relics of a bygone era.

As the mighty dinosaurs dwindled, my child, new species began to emerge. T'was nothing more than survival of the fittest: tiny mammalian creatures sprang from the darkness. Sensing perhaps their turn at the top of the food chain, they bred ruthlessly; all of a sudden, Soccermanagerland was riddled with creatures adept at weaving between the dinosaurs, small, crafty, tactical creatures, hailed by all as the future of Soccermanagerland. As the tactical mice lay denser and denser progeny, one thing became clear: the old ways were gone, never to return.

THE END

I suppose, for those of us old enough to remember it, we might very well be experiencing a renaissance of sorts. Back in the day, there were oodles upon zoodles of highly-rated players. Now, we're talking handfuls 95 and over. So, i guess they raised the bar back toward the old school, which feels to me like the kind of thing that should be mentioned out loud, by an actual representative of the online game.

Don't believe me? Iker Casillas and Wayne Rooney. Casillas was 96-rated before Spain won everything, hasn't even been considered to return. Rooney's best years post-date his drop from 96 to 95.

So yeah, the system has changed before, and every time, it's done behind closed doors, without any regard for us.

J'ACCUSE, SOCCERMANAGER! J'ACCUSE!

Re: Riferimento: Serie A Rating Predictions 2012/13

Looking at this kind of changes i think in next days there will be a lot of +2 for a lot of players...

Kroos to 92

Gotze to 92

Lewa to 92

Alba to 92

Falcao to 94

Alaba to 90

It looks like SM is really generous...:rolleyes:

Odd man out. Gotze is 91 already. :P

Riferimento: Serie A Rating Predictions 2012/13

Looking at this kind of changes i think in next days there will be a lot of +2 for a lot of players...

Kroos to 92

Gotze to 92

Lewa to 92

Alba to 92

Falcao to 94

Alaba to 90

And i think that a lot of others players that I consider 50% risers will deff rise...

Badstuber to 92

Hummels to 93

Cazorla to 92

Suarez to 93

It looks like SM is really generous...:rolleyes:

I'm agree whit you mate..

Only Lewa 92, it's very hard.. even if he deserves 92

As there seems to be a consensus that the ratings are quite generous this time round' date=' is here a case Vidal should have gotten a +2?[/quote']

Depends on how much you wanna push it. Going on that, Asamoah should have gotten a +2, so should have Barzagli, Quagliarella should have gotten a +1, Sneijder should have gone down 2, Chivu should have dropped again, Stankovic a -1, Gargano +1, Cambiasso should have never dropped based on Sneijder's rating and so on. But...

It is not generous' date=' rather I think it is a new gauge of ratings especially for defenders & midfielders.

Forwards have always been easier to gain ratings and have a higher rating, so maybe now SM wants the other positions to have the same range of ratings according to the talent/ability in their position.

I think most 90+ defenders could be in for a rise this time.

I like the changes, it should be more vibrant and based on real life scenario, increasing/decreasing when required. Rather than finding it extremely hard to get an increase for some players & positions, give them when they deserve it (of course not too easily), if they don't live up to it, then drop again in next rating.

If this is the case, then I agree with the above ratings.[/quote']

I agree 100% with this, the way they are rating things at the moment is going to level things out quite well. Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta and Xavi share the top 4 ratings where players like Thiago Silva who is one of if not the best CB in the world is only rated 94. It'd be nice to see players like him, Hummels etc get decent rises to make it even across the board.

It is not generous' date=' rather I think it is a new gauge of ratings especially for defenders & midfielders.

Forwards have always been easier to gain ratings and have a higher rating, so maybe now SM wants the other positions to have the same range of ratings according to the talent/ability in their position.

I think most 90+ defenders could be in for a rise this time.

I like the changes, it should be more vibrant and based on real life scenario, increasing/decreasing when required. Rather than finding it extremely hard to get an increase for some players & positions, give them when they deserve it (of course not too easily), if they don't live up to it, then drop again in next rating.

If this is the case, then I agree with the above ratings.[/quote']

Thats true, I didnt think of it like that. It would be nice to have a cream of the crop for each position, not one player higher than everybody else, of course Messi would still be the best player in the world.

Thats true' date=' I didnt think of it like that. It would be nice to have a cream of the crop for each position, not one player higher than everybody else, of course Messi would still be the best player in the world.[/quote']

Could see the likes of Cahill Rafael getting +2 like Bonucci did I reckon

Probably but not as much of a chance because of your position in the league last season, I know it didnt matter in terms of CL qualification but I think its a reason he might not get it. +1 for sure though.

As for Rafael, dont think he was playing much either last year.

Probably but not as much of a chance because of your position in the league last season' date=' I know it didnt matter in terms of CL qualification but I think its a reason he might not get it. +1 for sure though.

As for Rafael, dont think he was playing much either last year.[/quote']

Yeah but surely winning the CL counts for something?

Why didn't Guarin get +1?:confused:

He doesnt deserve it yet' date=' Keep in mind, Its his first full season with Inter. I do believe by seasons end Guaro will definetely be a 90. Bundles of energy, good feet, pace, skill,and all around player. Hes a great box to box midfielder.

I doubt it. Bonuccis done quite alot and he deserved a 90 last review. I can see cahipl being a 91 in the future but he'll be a 90 when its the EPL Review

How are Nicola Sansone and Paolo Frascatore viewed for the future? I picked both up in a GC, and I don't have many young Italian players there. Apart from the enigma that is (and soon to be moving to Italy) that is Mario Balotelli. :)

Re: Riferimento: Re: Serie A Rating Predictions 2012/13

I get censored for vulgarity' date=' and a douchebag like this can spit off racist hobbgobble like this without reprieve?

My Christmas wish is sanity.[/quote']

Franklyn is italian and in italian it's common to say that if a player doesn't have great skills he has "banana feet". It has nothing racist in it. On the other end, you think you can come to conclusions without really knowing who's writing and their knowledge of english. Who's the douche now? :rolleyes:

Franklyn is italian and in italian it's common to say that if a player doesn't have great skills he has "banana feet". It has nothing racist in it. On the other end' date=' you think you can come to conclusions without really knowing who's writing and their knowledge of english. Who's the douche now? :rolleyes:[/quote']

I was just thinking the same.

Riferimento: Re: Serie A Rating Predictions 2012/13

How are Nicola Sansone and Paolo Frascatore viewed for the future? I picked both up in a GC' date=' and I don't have many young Italian players there. Apart from the enigma that is (and soon to be moving to Italy) that is Mario Balotelli. :)[/quote']

Nicola Sansone is very good, very talented player is also followed by Inter.

Paul Frascatore do not become a great player, but a simple player by small clubs.

Riferimento: Re: Serie A Rating Predictions 2012/13

If everyone were fit' date=' who would be the starting LB for AC Milan? Didac, Antonini or Constant?[/quote']

Didac is out of the project milan., the struggle for the place would be between Antonini and costant.

But with the return of the abate, the abbot milan would play as TD and TS de Sciglio.

Sorry for my English but I am Italian and I use the translator.

Didac is out of the project milan.' date=' the struggle for the place would be between Antonini and costant.

But with the return of the abbot, the abbot milan would play as TD and TS de Sciglio.

Sorry for my English but I am Italian and I use the translator.[/quote']

Who is the abbott? Abate?