football manager 2008

Re: football manager 2008

Guys please help me.

I am experiencing problems with the game that other people have reported.

There is no desktop shortcut to click on 08.

I installed it and wa splaying all day yesterday i had aquired a good team was in all competitions and just coming into january but i closed the game hoping for rain again today as an excuse to stay on it again but realised there was no way i could get back onto the game without installing it again !

WHY IS THIS? and can i rectify the problem ????? If i can sort this out and stop it eternal rep will be given to you because i would be so grateful...afterall it set me back alot of money:).

Thanks

Guys please help me.

I installed it and wa splaying all day yesterday i had aquired a good team was in all competitions and just coming into january but i closed the game hoping for rain again today as an excuse to stay on it again but realised there was no way i could get back onto the game without installing it again !

WHY IS THIS? and can i rectify the problem ????? If i can sort this out and stop it eternal rep will be given to you because i would be so grateful...afterall it set me back alot of money:).

Thanks

Unsortable dude, to my knowledge anyway, I had to keep uninstalling then installing over and over..

Guys please help me.

Thanks

Did you try inserting the CD again?

I have a dodgy FM which installs the whole thing and creates a desktop icon for me :P

If FM is still installed but you cannot find the icon then go to Start > Search > Search for "Football Manager" and if 08 comes up, drag it onto you desktop.... If not then try inserting the CD again and the load button will auto come up :)

Doesn't matter if you cannot find it as if it is installed again then your game will be found (If you saved it that is!) :P

Well works for my dodgy CD anywayz :D

Did you try inserting the CD again?

I have a dodgy FM which installs the whole thing and creates a desktop icon for me :P

If FM is still installed but you cannot find the icon then go to Start > Search > Search for "Football Manager" and if 08 comes up' date=' drag it onto you desktop.... If not then try inserting the CD again and the load button will auto come up :)

Doesn't matter if you cannot find it as if it is installed again then your game will be found (If you saved it that is!) :P

Well works for my dodgy CD anywayz :D[/quote']

Its a vista thing mate, happens to everyone. ;)

Had the internet problems so started a new Arsenal game.

First season, runners up on last few games of the season, needed Man U to drop points last game and I to win to win the league so finished second :D

Champions League Final, lost on pens after 1-1 draw with Chelsea, they scored 80th after I went 1-0 up after 20 mins.

Knocked out of League Cup 4th round to Chelsea, and FA Cup 3rd round to Man Utd, just been drawn against United in FA Cup 4th round against United :mad:

This season is alot closer around 5 teams within 2 points of the lead, may post transfers etc later, playing the updated version of the game and past future stars like Saivet arent too good lol.

Year 1

Carling Cup - 4th Round - 4-2 loss vs Man Utd

FA Cup - 3rd roun - 2-1 loss vs Chelsea

Champions League - Final - 1-1 vs Chelsea Pen loss.

League - Runners up by 1 point

Year 2

Carling Cup - 4th round - 2-1 loss vs Man Utd

FA Cup - 6th round replay after 1-1 draw - 2-0 loss vs Chelsea

Champions League - Final Vs AC Milan

League - 3rd 3 points behind Utd 1st, 1 point behind Liverpool in 2nd. 3 games remaining.

Update to be edited on this thread.

I did an Lewes game, who are in the Conference South as they are the lowest rated team in the FM leagues on the game.

I got them to the Championship and then relegated to Division 1 then sacked and gave up as I just wanted to get them to the prem :mad:

Bournemouth would be easy. I have gotten Brighton to the prem before too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest King Kolo

I just bought the game today and will be installing it soon.I am going to be using United at first to get an idea of how to play the game properly and then I will be doing some lower teams.Is there any young great players in it other than Bojan' date='Pato etc?[/quote']

If you look through the Early pages of the Thread like 7 - 14 then I think there are some Young Talents there.