Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013

Man I think it's obvious to say that is hard to find "the new" Henry and "the new" Eto'o. You're talking about 2 of the best forwards in the lasts 20 years

True but people seem to think Munich will now play with a False number 9, I'm just stating if Pep believed in the false number 9, he would never of signed Ibrahimovic

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion Bayern München NEUER, Manuel GK 95 ⇒ 95 REINA, Pepe GK 91 ⇘ 91/90 STARKE, Tom GK 87 ⇘ 87/86 LAHM, Philipp D(RL),DM(RLC) 95 ⇒ 95 ALABA, David D,DM(L),M(LC) 93 ⇗

Ratings 2012/2013 by timesle I talked to Phil recently and he told me that he is not going to make a new prediction thread for the next rating changes. Of course these are bad news for the whole for

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013 Updated: December 14th, 2012 Goalkeeper Risers Marc-André TER STEGEN 87 => 88 / 89 Bernd LENO 87 => 88 Kevin TRAPP 86 => 87 Sebast

Posted Images

True but people seem to think Munich will now play with a False number 9' date=' [b']I'm just stating if Pep believed in the false number 9[/b], he would never of signed Ibrahimovic

Are you joking? Of course he believes it, he pratically invented the thing!

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/05/29/barcelona-3-1-man-utd-champions-league-final-2011/

Ibrahimovic was precisely the reason for this system to appear, Guardiola was very unhappy with him both personally and professionally as I'm sure you remember. He started playing Messi at the CF position and the rest is history.

Now, I'm deffenitely not saying Bayern will play that system mainly because there is no Messi, but one can't avoid wondering how would it work given the presence of players like Götze's in the squad.

Arrigo Sacchi once predicted that future formation will be all midfield players (+ GK) meaning that defensive midfielders will be the defenders and attacking midfielders will be the attackers.

Guardiola was the first to take this philosophy on the pitch. Until 2011 Barca have been constant with 4 Defenders 3 Midfielders and 3 Attackers formation. Gradually Guardiola changed that into 343. Not just formation but also sign Mascherano (a defensive midfielder) to play as a defender and Fabregas (a midfielder) to play as false nine and Villa (the attacker) to play attacking left wing (inside forward). Also Dani Alves (a defender) was tactically playing as a right midfielder. Busquets was a defensive midfielder who would drop deep to be a defender if needed. Guardiola believe in total football, meaning the elimination of speciality positions. All players on the pitch need to able to perform like a midfielder originally perform, which is passing, pressing, and tackling.

I can see him implementing this with Bayern because they have the core players that fit in his system. Javi Martínez (Busquets), a defensive midfielder who can drop to defensive line. Alaba (Alves) a left defender who can easily be moved to midfielder position (as in Austria NT). Mandzukić (Villa) an attacker who can play the wing inside forward role. Gotze a midfielder who could be a false 9. Add to this the already in place Dante, Schweinsteiger, Ribéry, and Müller.

The real test would be how he implement his ideas to a team who was very successful using a certain formation and technique which won a treble already.

Guardiola believe in total football' date=' meaning the elimination of speciality positions. All players on the pitch need to able to perform like a midfielder originally perform, which is passing, pressing, and tackling.

[/quote']

Guardiola doesn't like flamboyant players [in a social sense] and that would of been a factor in my opinion for him choosing Bayern. As you rightly say Pep likes to control everything and make sure he gets 100% out of his players and they are focused both on and off the pitch. look at is relationship with some of the players before he left, the uncomfortable relationship with Gerard Pique, where Pep didn't like some of his behaviour in the limelight with Shakira. He even used a private detective agency to keep tabs on his players during his four-year spell as manager at the Nou Camp.

I can't see them problems happening with German players, it just won't happen.

Are you joking? Of course he believes it' date=' he pratically invented the thing!

[url']http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/05/29/barcelona-3-1-man-utd-champions-league-final-2011/[/url]

Ibrahimovic was precisely the reason for this system to appear, Guardiola was very unhappy with him both personally and professionally as I'm sure you remember. He started playing Messi at the CF position and the rest is history.

Now, I'm deffenitely not saying Bayern will play that system mainly because there is no Messi, but one can't avoid wondering how would it work given the presence of players like Götze's in the squad.

He adapted a system to fit his players, I ain't denailing that. The point I trying to make is that Pep while at Barca tried to find strikers to fit into that system. Why did he go out and spend £40M on David Villa after he got rid of Ibrahimovic, if he didn't want any strikers? As Villa goal scoring record at Valencia spoke for itself as well as being Spain's all time record goal scorer. He might even double it after tonight's Tahiti game ;)

In my opinion Pep will sign a striker, that's my believe. He knows what worked with Barca and more importantly what didn't. in my opinion he will end up going for Lewandowski

Sorry for sliding off track with the chat ppl, I like a good debate. will keep it Bundesliga Ratings chat from now on

He adapted a system to fit his players' date=' I ain't denailing that. The point I trying to make is that Pep while at Barca tried to find strikers to fit into that system. Why did he go out and spend £40M on David Villa after he got rid of Ibrahimovic, if he didn't want any strikers? As Villa goal scoring record at Valencia spoke for itself as well as being Spain's all time record goal scorer. He might even double it after tonight's Tahiti game ;)

In my opinion Pep will sign a striker, that's my believe. He knows what worked with Barca and more importantly what didn't. in my opinion he will end up going for Lewandowski

Sorry for sliding off track with the chat ppl, I like a good debate. will keep it Bundesliga Ratings chat from now on[/quote']

Villa is not properly a CF he never was he is more an interior forward like KingRoo said (as is Alexis and Pedro) so perfect for the diagonal movement in the direction of the space left void by the false 9, among other things of course.

Yeah you're right, take it to Official Bundesliga Thread in General Football section if you wish to furhther debate ;)

We saw a few of the lower La Liga teams reviewed this morning so I'd say they're might starting to work through the big 4 leagues now. If they are working through those leagues ' date='which they might not be, it depends on whether they choose to do Bundesliga before or after Serie A and the Premier League, but to answer you're question i'd guess 2-4 weeks before Dortmund and Bayern are done IF they're starting the top leagues now.[/quote']

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi' date=' which players of Bayern Münich are probably gonna rise next time they're reviewed?

And, do you think Leno could go 90?[/quote']

I'm sorry, but could you answer this for me? I really need to know to be sure about which players to sell

I'm sorry' date=' but could you answer this for me? I really need to know to be sure about which players to sell[/quote']

Leno should rise to 90, if not this time then next time.

Almost all of Bayern's starting 11 could rise. As the highest rated players didn't get a rise last time I wouldn't be surprised if they rose Lahm (best season ever), Schweinsteiger (not his best season but he is better than 94), Ribery (best season ever) and Müller (no matter where he plays, he is a threat for every defensive player). Boateng (best season for Bayern, together with Dante best CB in the league) and van Buyten (he is better than 88) would deserve a rise, too, Shaqiri played enough to warrant a rise.

The rest might not rise as many of them already rose twice this year (Alaba, Mandzukic, Martinez).

The only starter I am not sure of is Neuer. He was good but is he good enough for 94? We will see.

Hi All' date='

I have a few German based players. Which players to keep?

GORETZKA, Leon

KIESSLING, Stefan

Trapp, Fahrmann,

KOLASINAC,PHILP, Ronny,

CIGERCI, Tolga, Vogt,

Rode, WEISER, Mitchell,

Polter.

Many thanks!!

:)[/quote']

I would keep the following:

Goretzka, Kiessling, Trapp, Kolasinac, Rode, Weiser and Polter

Xhaka has massive potential and came with lots of praise from Basel but had a really average first season here. Was very disappointing.

Hold onto him and see how he does in his second Bundesliga season.

Some speculation that he could be off to Lazio. Is there any truth in this?