Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Moving to Utd who are in a period of change isn't exactly ideal, plus joining a midfield of Cleverley, Anderson, Young, Nani and Carrick isn't going to be as appealing as joining Pep and a crop of world class midfielders that he can learn from and develop with.

Pep has also promised him game time and hes always had a great relationship with him, why leap into the unknown of Utd when he can work with someone he knows in a much better side. Also we can assume that Bayern will be playing a false 9 up front (Gotze) and Javi in defence, leaving space for him to play, maybe not week in week out, but more than he was granted at Barca under Tito.

If I was him I would have gone to Bayern too.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion Bayern München NEUER, Manuel GK 95 ⇒ 95 REINA, Pepe GK 91 ⇘ 91/90 STARKE, Tom GK 87 ⇘ 87/86 LAHM, Philipp D(RL),DM(RLC) 95 ⇒ 95 ALABA, David D,DM(L),M(LC) 93 ⇗

Ratings 2012/2013 by timesle I talked to Phil recently and he told me that he is not going to make a new prediction thread for the next rating changes. Of course these are bad news for the whole for

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013 Updated: December 14th, 2012 Goalkeeper Risers Marc-André TER STEGEN 87 => 88 / 89 Bernd LENO 87 => 88 Kevin TRAPP 86 => 87 Sebast

Posted Images

Have to agree with Maoam and Alux who bring forward valid points.

Bad move imo' date=' should of gone to England.[/i']smileys-angry-662871.gif

Would obviously be better if you had explained why you think like that.

I can understand people arguing him going to Bayern over him staying at Barcelona.

But him going to Bayern instead of him going to United is a no-brainer. Pep wanted him badly, in his own words from the press conference: "Thiago or nothing".

So while Thiago won't play all the time, I am sure he'll play enough just as everybody else will with the tons of games we have this season.

So yes, join the best team in the world right now instead of a very good team.

Learn and play next to top class midfielders (what more can you want than training with Xavi, Iniesta and co. first and then with our talented and experienced squad; you'll get better every practice) instead of average - good midfielders.

Play under your former mentor, one of the best and most sought after managers in the world or play under David Moyes...

Apart from him perhaps earning 1m more a year at United or so, there was nothing speaking for them. As I said, no-brainer.

Doesnt make any sense him leaving because he wants gametime and go where Bastian' date=' Javi, Kroos, Gotze, Luiz Gustavo, are playing.. crazy decision.. It was not a problem for me him leaving, but this way? come on kid you are nuts, Im so angry with him.[/quote']

As other people pointed out, Pep seemed to have promised him his fair share of playing time.

I don't think we needed him squad-depth-wise but Pep desperately wanted him so our bosses fulfilled him that wish.

Are Nicolas Fullkrug and Florian Hartherz of Werder Bremen worth keeping?

I had high hopes for Füllkrug as he looked brilliant in pre-season (last year that is) but nothing really happened this season.

Maybe wait for the first month or two of the season and see how the new manager Dutt plays. He comes from Freiburg who have a strong youth set-up and then was German FA director of the youth teams so he may well focus more on youth at Bremen too

Why? Because he chose Bayern over Man United' date=' the team you support.

Its probably the best move for Thiago. He has alot of competition just like at Barca, but good competition will always improve players. Hes also joining the European Champions and the best team in the world at the moment.

Aswell as being reunited with his former manager who really likes him as a player. Theres so many games next season for Bayern that Thiago will get just as much play time as the current Bayern lads.[/quote']

Good competition? he doesn't want competition, he wants first team football.

I'm sure other managers would also like him, as a player despite being "reunited" with pep. smileys-whistling-823718.gif

Good competition? he doesn't want competition' date=' he wants first team football.

I'm sure other managers would also like him, as a player despite being "reunited" with pep.[/i'] smileys-whistling-823718.gif

And hes been promised it at the best team in Europe under Pep...

Doesnt make any sense him leaving because he wants gametime and go where Bastian' date=' Javi, Kroos, Gotze, Luiz Gustavo, are playing.. crazy decision.. It was not a problem for me him leaving, but this way? come on kid you are nuts, Im so angry with him.[/quote']

But some of those mentioned are utility players. Pep is known to drop a defensive minded midfield to CB and Martinez is the guy to play that role, i imagine he will drop further back. Gotze too is a utility player, he plays further forward and can play as an out and out AM, just behind the front man or a bit further wide. Gustavo is nowhere near as talented as Thiago so he goes in front of him so there is only Kroos & Schweinstieger he is competing with and 3 players for 2 positions he will get more than enough game time.

I Imagine they will play something like this:-

-Lahm-Dante-Martinez-Alaba-

-Schwein-Thiago-

-Robben-Gotze-Ribery-

-striker(? yet)-

Kroos, Schwein + Thiago all rotating the two CM spots.

All these people moaning about Thiago moving is getting ever so slightly boring. There is lots of reasons why he has done this, and why it works for him and Bayern.

-New manager wants to make the team more his own.

-Badstuber has long term injury, Pep can either go with Kirchoff, Boeteng, or Martinez - at Barca Mascherano was at times, their best player - Guardiola likes a CB he is comfortable on the ball.

-Thiago has joined the best team in the world - hard to knock his ambition on wanting to play for the best team in the world.

-It was a bargain.

-Gomez has left, with Muller potentially moving to CF this could reduce the competition for midfield.

-Thiago wanted to play for Bayern and not Utd, simple.

But some of those mentioned are utility players. Pep is known to drop a defensive minded midfield to CB and Martinez is the guy to play that role' date=' i imagine he will drop further back. Gotze too is a utility player, he plays further forward and can play as an out and out AM, just behind the front man or a bit further wide. Gustavo is nowhere near as talented as Thiago so he goes in front of him so there is only Kroos & Schweinstieger he is competing with and 3 players for 2 positions he will get more than enough game time.

[center']-Lahm-Dante-Martinez-Alaba-

-Schwein-Thiago-

-Robben-Gotze-Ribery-

-striker(? yet)-[/center]

It depends what you need. Gustavo is smoking Thiago defensively but obv very limited offensively.

I also think Boateng deserves to be in the team as he has shown some great improvement the last few months and was reliable.

Müller will also always play. Has done so under any manager. It's criminal to leave him out. Not a more clever player in our squad.

I also don't think Götze is secured Starting XI.

Apart from Ribery and Schweinsteiger, every single spot in midfield and attack is competed for and up for grabs for whoever trains/plays well.

All these people moaning about Thiago moving is getting ever so slightly boring. There is lots of reasons why he has done this' date=' and why it works for him and Bayern.

-New manager wants to make the team more his own.

-Badstuber has long term injury, Pep can either go with Kirchoff, Boeteng, or Martinez - at Barca Mascherano was at times, their best player - Guardiola likes a CB he is confortable on the ball.

-Thiago has joined the best team in the world - hard to knock his ambition on wanted to play for the best team in the world.

-It was a bargain.

-Gomez has left, with Muller potentially moving to CF this could reduce the competition for midfield.

Thiago wanted to play for Bayern and not Utd, simple.[/quote']

-A spanish team?Sammer and Rummenigge said that we won't see a tiki-taka team here.

-Previously he was at best team in the world and did pretty much nothing?Good ambition so far.

-25 mil for a guy who barely played at Barca?Bargain of course.

-Yeah..9 lads for 5 spots then.What a big difference.

-He actually wanted to play for Pep.

It depends what you need. Gustavo is smoking Thiago defensively but obv very limited offensively.

I also think Boateng deserves to be in the team as he has shown some great improvement the last few months and was reliable.

Müller will also always play. Has done so under any manager. It's criminal to leave him out. Not a more clever player in our squad.

I also don't think Götze is secured Starting XI.

Apart from Ribery and Schweinsteiger' date=' every single spot in midfield and attack is competed for and up for grabs for whoever trains/plays well.[/quote']

Gotze spot in XI should easily be secured..He's automatically one of your best players,he's in the likes of Pep,he's the best kid in the world,he only costed '40 millions'(bargain though).Ribery,Schweiny and Gotze are definetly starters in next season.All 3 will be rotated anyway..we all know that but they'll be a massive part of Munich in next season.Anyway...Logically nobody is a sure starter,doesn't matter if your name is Bastian or Franck.New coach,new rules.

-A spanish team?Sammer and Rummenigge said that we won't see a tiki-taka team here.

-Previously he was at best team in the world and did pretty much nothing?Good ambition so far.

He'd be the best thing since sliced bread had he joined Dortmund ;)

But some of those mentioned are utility players. Pep is known to drop a defensive minded midfield to CB and Martinez is the guy to play that role' date=' i imagine he will drop further back. Gotze too is a utility player, he plays further forward and can play as an out and out AM, just behind the front man or a bit further wide. Gustavo is nowhere near as talented as Thiago so he goes in front of him so there is only Kroos & Schweinstieger he is competing with and 3 players for 2 positions he will get more than enough game time.

[center']-Lahm-Dante-Martinez-Alaba-

-Schwein-Thiago-

-Robben-Gotze-Ribery-

-striker(? yet)-[/center]

I dont see Schwien rotating with anyone - he is the heartbeat of the team.

Muller - CF? Would never be left out surely?

-Its not about tika-taka, its about Pep trying to somehow make the club better - a player like Thiago can do that to any club. & besides why hire a manager that is one of the main protaganists of tika-taka football if you dont want to play that style?

-He had the best midfield trio (and quartet) in front of him at Barca - he has a better chance at Bayern.

-I would consider 25m for Thiago a great buy any day.

-Pep is the best manager, at the best club.

Just seems like Utd fans are very bitter. Is everyone going to get bitter about Strootman too. The other thing that matters also is Bayern were willing to pay more than Utd, as with Roma and Strootman. Its Utds own fault they keep missing out on players, as they will with Cesc too - they wont pay the moolah!

I dont see Schwien rotating with anyone - he is the heartbeat of the team.

Muller - CF? Would never be left out surely?

-Its not about tika-taka' date=' its about Pep trying to somehow make the club better - a player like Thiago can do that to any club. & besides why hire a manager that is one of the main protaganists of tika-taka football if you dont want to play that style?

-He had the best midfield trio (and quartet) in front of him at Barca - he has a better chance at Bayern.

-I would consider 25m for Thiago a great buy any day.

-Pep is the best manager, at the best club.

Just seems like Utd fans are very bitter. Is everyone going to get bitter about Strootman too. The other thing that matters also is Bayern were willing to pay more than Utd, as with Roma and Strootman. Its Utds own fault they keep missing out on players, as they will with Cesc too - they wont pay the moolah![/quote']

-Better chance at Munich?He had the best trio in the world but here he has 5(Schweiny,Javi,Gotze,Kroos,Muller) better players in front of him.At least at Barca he only had 3.

-You would...

-No he isn't.Far from....Jupp is twice of a manager.I would've have won 100 trophies with Messi playing on his own aswell.So far he only managed Barca..which was the easiest team to manage at that time.Now he manages Bayern which is probably the easiest team to manage now.When he'll have a tough challange and will manage to win something then you can call him a great manager.So far he's far from being one.

-Better chance at Munich?He had the best trio in the world but here he has 5(Schweiny' date='Javi,Gotze,Kroos,Muller) better players in front of him.At least at Barca he only had 3.

-You would...

-No he isn't.Far from....Jupp is twice of a manager.I would've have won 100 trophies with Messi playing on his own aswell.So far he only managed Barca..which was the easiest team to manage at that time.Now he manages Bayern which is probably the easiest team to manage now.When he'll have a tough challange and will manage to win something then you can call him a great manager.So far he's far from being one.[/quote']

Lol same old Raz, people have views that differ from yours so they are automatically wrong?

-You have named 5 players over different 5 positons, DM, CM, AM, WING, CF. At Barca it was CM/AM in their structure.

-Yes I would.

-Jupp is not twice the manager Guardiola is, I'm sorry but thats just biased rubbish. I am a fan of Jupp dont get me wrong. At least Guardiola is willing to try new challenges - best club to best club maybe, but the best clubs wouldnt hire a poor manager would they? or do you know better than there highly successful, knowledgable people who are paid a lot of money to be so successful and knowledgable? Guardiola isnt an all time great granted. But he is one of the people responsible for revolutionizing some of the best football ever played.

Lol same old Raz' date=' people have views that differ from yours so they are automatically wrong?

-You have named 5 players over different 5 positons, DM, CM, AM, WING, CF. At Barca it was CM/AM in their structure.

-Yes I would.

-Jupp is not twice the manager Guardiola is, I'm sorry but thats just biased rubbish. I am a fan of Jupp dont get me wrong. At least Guardiola is willing to try new challenges - best club to best club maybe, but the best clubs wouldnt hire a poor manager would they? or do you know better than there highly successful, knowledgable people who are paid a lot of money to be so successful and knowledgable? Guardiola isnt an all time great granted. But he is one of the people responsible for revolutionizing some of the best football ever played.[/quote']

Biased?Yeah typicall forumer from here.That's the only thing they can say.Biased..Behave Ash.That's the only thing you can say about me?Biased?Like every stupid lad from here?Amazing....I am biased but 'sometimes' I am quite right too.Great...I am just biased.God..this is so pathetic and stupid.

If I don't agree with your opinion I am automatically biased...Great logic ash.Just Jog on pal.You act like every forumer on here.Expected much better from you.

Jupp Heynckes as a manager:

Bayern Munich: UCL 2012-2013,Bundesliga(88-89,89-90,12-13),Pokal(12-13),Supercup(87,90,12).First manager to win a treble for them.Something which Pep will never ever achieve in Germany.

Real Madrid: UCL(97-98),Supercup(97)

if it does matter...Intertoto with Schalke in 2003 and 2004.UCL with 2 different teams?Guardiola only managed a team with Messi,Xavi and Iniesta in their BEST FORM.Yeah..Jupp isn't twice of a manager....He never managed to do the best thing ever for Munich in their whole history,win the treble.Let's wait for Pep at Munich.If Munich will struggle you give me 100 pounds.

Biased?Yeah typicall forumer from here.That's the only thing they can say.Biased..Behave Ash.

Jupp Heynckes as a manager:

Bayern Munich: UCL 2012-2013' date='Bundesliga(88-89,89-90,12-13),Pokal(12-13),Supercup(87,90,12).First manager to win a treble for them.Something which Pep will never ever achieve in Germany.

Real Madrid: UCL(97-98),Supercup(97)

if it does matter...Intertoto with Schalke in 2003 and 2004.UCL with 2 different teams?Guardiola only managed a team with Messi,Xavi and Iniesta in their BEST FORM.Yeah..Jupp isn't twice of a manager....He never managed to do the best thing ever for Munich in their whole history,win the treble.Let's wait for Pep at Munich.If Munich will struggle you give me 100 pounds.[/quote']

Actually as like non typical forumer I must apologise, I got caught up and thought you meant Klopp, which is why I mentioned biased :D - I love Heynckes! And I agree that I struggle to see how Pep will get close to what he has done at Bayern - although the gap between Bayern and the rest is still too big :)

Bayern wont struggle though - the gap is too big between them and the rest.

Lol same old Raz' date=' people have views that differ from yours so they are automatically wrong?

-Yes I would.

-[b']Jupp[/b] is not twice the manager Guardiola is, I'm sorry but thats just biased rubbish. I am a fan of Jupp dont get me wrong. At least Guardiola is willing to try new challenges - best club to best club maybe, but the best clubs wouldnt hire a poor manager would they? or do you know better than there highly successful, knowledgable people who are paid a lot of money to be so successful and knowledgable? Guardiola isnt an all time great granted. But he is one of the people responsible for revolutionizing some of the best football ever played.

Actually as like non typical forumer I must apologise' date=' I got caught up and thought you meant [b']Klopp[/b], which is why I mentioned biased :D - I love Heynckes! And I agree that I struggle to see how Pep will get close to what he has done at Bayern - although the gap between Bayern and the rest is still too big :)

Bayern wont struggle though - the gap is too big between them and the rest.

Jupp?Klopp?:rolleyes: