Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Total myth about Guardiola having an easy job when he took the reigns at Barcelona, with folk going as far to say they could have done an equal job - aye right!

The season prior to him taking over they finished 18 points behind Madrid and were 3rd in La Liga, lost in the semi final of the CL and trophyless.

The dressing room was a shambles with players wielding far to much power and having become bloated and lazy. Messi (whilst clearly still a top drawer player) was no where near the player he is now. Deco, Eto and Ronaldinho were ruling the roost and were poor influences within the club.

He had the courage to promote players from the youth squad, redefine Messi's position, rid the club of Deco and Ronaldinho and get them playing football that was way ahead of what Barca had been producing previously.

Having good players at a club is not an instant recipe for success, he moved a club forward immensely, developed already talented players into even better ones and brought us some tremendous football - winning a treble in his 1st season.

I have no idea if he will replicate this at Bayern but his work at Barcelona deserves far more respect than some give - he did something very special there!

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion Bayern München NEUER, Manuel GK 95 ⇒ 95 REINA, Pepe GK 91 ⇘ 91/90 STARKE, Tom GK 87 ⇘ 87/86 LAHM, Philipp D(RL),DM(RLC) 95 ⇒ 95 ALABA, David D,DM(L),M(LC) 93 ⇗

Ratings 2012/2013 by timesle I talked to Phil recently and he told me that he is not going to make a new prediction thread for the next rating changes. Of course these are bad news for the whole for

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013 Updated: December 14th, 2012 Goalkeeper Risers Marc-André TER STEGEN 87 => 88 / 89 Bernd LENO 87 => 88 Kevin TRAPP 86 => 87 Sebast

Posted Images

Total myth about Guardiola having an easy job when he took the reigns at Barcelona' date=' with folk going as far to say they could have done an equal job - aye right!

The season prior to him taking over they finished 18 points behind Madrid and were 3rd in La Liga, lost in the semi final of the CL and trophyless.

The dressing room was a shambles with players wielding far to much power and having become bloated and lazy. Messi (whilst clearly still a top drawer player) was no where near the player he is now. Deco, Eto and Ronaldinho were ruling the roost and were poor influences within the club.

He had the courage to promote players from the youth squad, redefine Messi's position, rid the club of Deco and Ronaldinho and get them playing football that was way ahead of what Barca had been producing previously.

Having good players at a club is not an instant recipe for success, he moved a club forward immensely, developed already talented players into even better ones and brought us some tremendous football - winning a treble in his 1st season.

I have no idea if he will replicate this at Bayern but his work at Barcelona deserves far more respect than some give - he did something very special there![/quote']

I would like to see him do those "great" things in clubs with less resources too and not in clubs where he's got or he buys some of the best players available. Like it or not it makes his work much easier.

He deserve some merit, yes, but not all that praise.

I just hope he doesn't ruin BM by playing that dreadfully boring football he got used to see in Barca.

I would like to see him do those "great" things in clubs with less resources too and not in clubs where he's got or he buys some of the best players available. Like it or not it makes his work much easier.

He deserve some merit' date=' yes, but not all that praise.

I just hope he doesn't ruin BM by playing that dreadfully boring football he got used to see in Barca.[/quote']

Yes the ability to buy better players makes things easier but equally the pressure and expectation of managing a club who need to win is equally as tough as managing a club with lower expectation.

No idea why "great" things is in quotation marks - winning a treble in your 1st season as a manager and then following it up with continued success can be classed as nothing but great (in football terms).

Football is all about opinion but under Guardiola I never found Barca dreadfully boring, in contrast they played some of the best football I have had the pleasure to watch - his success at Barca deserves all the credit going!

Yes the ability to buy better players makes things easier but equally the pressure and expectation of managing a club who need to win is equally as tough as managing a club with lower expectation.

No idea why "great" things is in quotation marks - winning a treble in your 1st season as a manager and then following it up with continued success can be classed as nothing but great (in football terms).

Football is all about opinion but under Guardiola I never found Barca dreadfully boring' date=' in contrast they played some of the best football I have had the pleasure to watch - his success at Barca deserves all the credit going![/b']

Agree! For me the best team I've ever seen playing, if he can replicate that same style in München it will be worth it.

Agree! For me the best team I've ever seen playing' date=' if he can replicate that same style in München it will be worth it.[/quote']

BM football has better and more exciting than Barça, IMO, and if Pepe will establish that boring style in BM, it will be their downfall. And i will not say more because this is a ratings discussion thread.

That gamestyle is boring if you are playing against them... if not, ask Spanish NT main supporters(90% of them are supporting also Real Madrid) about this style, when they see Barcelona play they say it's boring, whent they see Spain they think it's the most beautiful thing they have ever seen.

and about managing a team with less money, worse players, etc, ok I'll give you that, but have allways been an argument about what is a good manager, someone who makes good players win, or someone who promotes with an average/bad team. IMO Pep did a very good job, he sold Ronnie and Deco, and later Eto'o(last one a mistake, i think), and rebuilt a team his own way, as another forumer said. The easiest thing to do is get to Barcelona, and buy even better players and do the same over and over again.. excuse me but, he didnt do that

That gamestyle is boring if you are playing against them... if not' date=' ask Spanish NT main supporters(90% of them are supporting also Real Madrid) about this style, when they see Barcelona play they say it's boring, whent they see Spain they think it's the most beautiful thing they have ever seen.

and about managing a team with less money, worse players, etc, ok I'll give you that, but have allways been an argument about what is a good manager, someone who makes good players win, or someone who promotes with an average/bad team. IMO Pep did a very good job, he sold Ronnie and Deco, and later Eto'o(last one a mistake, i think), and rebuilt a team his own way, as another forumer said. The easiest thing to do is get to Barcelona, and buy even better players and do the same over and over again.. excuse me but, he didnt do that[/quote']

Sorry mate, never played against Barcelona or Spain NT... But i saw them enough times to have my own opinion. Thank you

Anyway, do you guys think Diego Ribas is safe at 91?

Sorry mate' date=' never played against Barcelona or Spain NT... But i saw them enough times to have my own opinion. Thank you

Anyway, do you guys think Diego Ribas is safe at 91?[/quote']

just one question, are u not smart enough to understand what I said? or is just that you think youre extremely funny? something that youre not.

just one question' date=' are u not smart enough to understand what I said? or is just that you think youre extremely funny? something that youre not.[/quote']

No, barca lovers are the supreme beings on this planet, others don't know nothing...

I understood everything you said, i just didn't agree and i didn't want to continue because i know you barca lovers would throw themselves in front of the car just to defend everything linked to them.

So, that being said, yes, i think i'm funny and i laughed my ass off when i wrote the other post.

And when i saw the quote i though you would be answering the question about ribas, but i was wrong, there is more important things to be said in a german ratings prediction thread, like "OMG, OMG, barça is the best thing since the wheel".;)

Don't think he is worth picking up. Average player.

How about these. Are these any good ? If so can you bold please :)

Leon GORETZKA, Max MEYER, Koray GÜNTER, Moritz LEITNER, Stefan BELL, Emre CAN, Jan KIRCHHOFF, Rani KHEDIRA, Chris LÖWE, Ivan PERIŠIĆ,

I've recently inherited a team with these players and wondering which are the good prospects.

Riferimento: Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

How about these. Are these any good ? If so can you bold please :)

Leon GORETZKA' date=' Max MEYER, Koray GÜNTER, Moritz LEITNER, Stefan BELL, Emre CAN, Jan KIRCHHOFF, Rani KHEDIRA, Chris LÖWE, Ivan PERIŠIĆ,

I've recently inherited a team with these players and wondering which are the good prospects.[/quote']

Goretzka, Meyer, Gunter and Can are definitely great talents.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Oh ok. So are they the ones I should keep ? The only german talent I got was Goetze and thats when he was 75 rated haha. Hopefully one of these pay of similar.

Meyer could become a new Gotze :) take Maximilian Arnold if he's available :)

Riferimento: Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

What Marek said basically plus Kirchhoff perhaps in case he gets lucky and plays a bit.

Kolasinac as well.

PS: Götze just turned 21 and already other players become the "new Götze". Oh dear.

I would like to explain you what I mean when I said "the new Gotze", but I'm sure I'd be wasting my time.