Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion Bayern München NEUER, Manuel GK 95 ⇒ 95 REINA, Pepe GK 91 ⇘ 91/90 STARKE, Tom GK 87 ⇘ 87/86 LAHM, Philipp D(RL),DM(RLC) 95 ⇒ 95 ALABA, David D,DM(L),M(LC) 93 ⇗

Ratings 2012/2013 by timesle I talked to Phil recently and he told me that he is not going to make a new prediction thread for the next rating changes. Of course these are bad news for the whole for

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013 Updated: December 14th, 2012 Goalkeeper Risers Marc-André TER STEGEN 87 => 88 / 89 Bernd LENO 87 => 88 Kevin TRAPP 86 => 87 Sebast

Posted Images

Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Messi or Ronaldo. Because they're better.

This isn't about who is better.This is about how good you have performed and how many trophies your team has won.Ribery been amazing in last year,best player of best team in the world.Won the treble so basically everything you could've won with Munich.Logically,Ribery should win Ballon D'or easily.

This isn't about who is better.This is about how good you have performed and how many trophies your team has won.Ribery been amazing in last year' date='best player of best team in the world.Won the treble so basically everything you could've won with Munich.Logically,Ribery should win Ballon D'or easily.[/quote']

Sure, that would hold if Messi didn't exist. He will win it he scored almost 4x the amount Ribery scored last season. He is simply too good to ignore and he was champion it'll be enough for the award.

Sure' date=' that would hold if Messi didn't exist. He will win it he scored almost 4x the amount Ribery scored last season. He is simply too good to ignore and he was champion it'll be enough for the award.[/quote']

First of all..Ribery isn't a foward.This game is not just about goals,this game is about trophies.Just La Liga isn't enough for a Ballon D'or especially when you meet Ribery in UCL and he kicks your ass with his team,7-0 on agg.

EDIT: And while Messi been absolutely invisible against Ribery's team.

First of all..Ribery isn't a foward.This game is not just about goals' date='this game is about trophies.Just La Liga isn't enough for a Ballon D'or especially when you meet Ribery in UCL and he kicks your ass with his team,7-0 on agg.

EDIT: And while Messi been absolutely invisible against Ribery's team.[/quote']

In 2011-2012 Messi won Zero trophies, he won Ballon d'Or nevertheless. This award is individual, and indivually he was still better than Ribery. A lot I would say.

Ribery didn't kick Barcelona's ass alone I'm sure you will agree. And, taking nothing from the brilliance of Bayern's season, Barcelona still reached 1/2 of the UCL despite Messi's injury in the late season (including the Bayern tie) and all the managerial issues emanating form Tito's disease.

Riferimento: Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

First of all..Ribery isn't a foward.This game is not just about goals' date='this game is about trophies.Just La Liga isn't enough for a Ballon D'or especially when you meet Ribery in UCL and he kicks your ass with his team,7-0 on agg.

EDIT: And while Messi been absolutely invisible against Ribery's team.[/quote']

Also Sneijder was the best player when Inter won the treble.He also reached the Final of WC and he was the top scorer of the competition but Messi won the Ballon D'Or.

The Ballon D'Or is a competition between Messi and Ronaldo.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Also Sneijder was the best player when Inter won the treble.He also reached the Final of WC and he was the top scorer of the competition but Messi won the Ballon D'Or.

The Ballon D'Or is a competition between Messi and Ronaldo.

That was one of the biggest b....ever.Since every single island without any knowledge about football can vote..its quite obvious that Messi gonna win because he's the only footballer they actually know.Normally,Ribery should win it though

Messi and Ronaldo had better seasons on a personal level but I can imagine Ribery getting it due to him being the best player for the best team. I'd still give it to Messi as I think the best player should get it but I could see why Ribery would get it.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

That was one of the biggest b....ever.Since every single island without any knowledge about football can vote..its quite obvious that Messi gonna win because he's the only footballer they actually know.Normally' date='Ribery should win it though[/quote']

Ribery should win it indeed.

But those votings are clearly corrupt. Its all about who sponsor gives more money, Nike or Adidas (nike have been cheap basterds by the way).

Ballon D'or should be a trophy given to the player has the better year, both individual and collective (because football is in the end a team sport ).

Wesley Sneijder 09-10:

Serie A winner

Uefa Champions League Winner

Coppa Italia Winner

Supercoppa Italia Winner

Fifa World Club Cup Winner

Fifa World Cup Runner-up

Messi achieved what that year?

That voting was one of the biggest Hoaxes i've ever seen.

It doesn't occur too often but Raz is basically spot on.

If your team goes down 7:0 in the CL semi-final (in words: SEVEN NIL) and that other teams goes on to win the treble, there is zero chance that you should get the ballon d'or.

We will see how rigged this whole competition is then I guess. Sneijder's been already a disgrace, let's hope they learned.

That argument with "he scored 4x as many" is hilarious as well considering they don't play the same position. Cannavaro won it in 2006. I imagine a few players scored more than him that season...

Respuesta: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

I absolutely agree. Messi dont deserve it, bad year for him. Well good year but not enough for a Ballon d'Or. Our best player has been Iniesta but winning a league and reaching the confecup final is not enough. Ribery or Muller should win it but I guess Ribery will. Let's see what happens, it's clear that Messi is the best player of the world but you have to show it, and he didn't

Anybody saying Ballon D' Or is a competition between Messi and Ronaldo cant be far enough from the truth as it'll be Messi and only Messi. Even major trophies dont count as it was proved last time around. Its decide by the votes and barring a few exceptions every single player/manager's top 3 will be :

1) Messi

2) Ronaldo

3) Someone else

This award is a joke.

I would like to see the DEFINITION of the award (in fact ill google it in a sec) If its purely based on individual performances and that only, there is no doubt messi has once again proved this season he is the best player in the world. However, if the definition indeed takes into account trophies and team performances and the like aswell, then Ribery should win, however this didnt eventuate in the aforementioned Sniejder Scenario.

had a look, but all i could find was 'individual player who has performed the best over the previous year'

This implies individual, but performed best is highly ambigous and leaves room for Trophies and accolades to be included, but this definition is not directly from FIFA, so its redundant anyway in the end

I would like to see the DEFINITION of the award (in fact ill google it in a sec) If its purely based on individual performances and that only' date=' there is no doubt messi has once again proved this season he is the best player in the world.[/b'] However, if the definition indeed takes into account trophies and team performances and the like aswell, then Ribery should win, however this didnt eventuate in the aforementioned Sniejder Scenario.

had a look, but all i could find was 'individual player who has performed the best over the previous year'

This implies individual, but performed best is highly ambigous and leaves room for Trophies and accolades to be included, but this definition is not directly from FIFA, so its redundant anyway in the end

Nope, outside Spain his performance this season was close to pathetic.

Nope' date=' outside Spain his performance this season was close to pathetic.[/quote']

Pathetic? LOL. He was the 3rd top scorer with 8 goals. Don't know how anyone can say he was anything other than amazing this year.

I would like to see the DEFINITION of the award (in fact ill google it in a sec) If its purely based on individual performances and that only' date=' there is no doubt messi has once again proved this season he is the best player in the world. However, if the definition indeed takes into account trophies and team performances and the like aswell, then Ribery should win, however this didnt eventuate in the aforementioned Sniejder Scenario.

This implies individual, but performed best is highly ambigous and leaves room for Trophies and accolades to be included, but this definition is not directly from FIFA, so its redundant anyway in the end[/quote']

I do agree. He is undoubtedly the best player in the world in my eyes, potentially the best of all time. Ribery isnt even close to being the best player ever (but I guess thats another debate). His teams 'failure' in only reaching the semis of the UCL shouldnt make him rated any less. I havent found anything that says it down to what you win so unless anyone proves otherwise I think Messi deserves it. I think people have become desensitized to Messi's achievements considering he still scored an otherworldly 60 goals this season.

Pathetic? LOL. He was the 3rd top scorer with 8 goals. Don't know how anyone can say he was anything other than amazing this year.

I do agree. He is undoubtedly the best player in the world in my eyes' date=' potentially the best of all time. Ribery isnt even close to being the best player ever (but I guess thats another debate). His teams 'failure' in only reaching the semis of the UCL shouldnt make him rated any less. I havent found anything that says it down to what you win so unless anyone proves otherwise I think Messi deserves it. [b']I think people have become desensitized to Messi's achievements[/b] considering he still scored an otherworldly 60 goals this season.

Yeah definetely, people seem to forget how good he really is and has been for the last years. For me the best I've seen playing - I watch football since around the 98 WC lol

I'm sure Bayern will win that Laureus thing for best sport team in the planet though hehe.

Basically it isn't bad to sell Kirchhoff IMO.

I can't see him getting much playing time at Bayern to be honest. Boateng and Dante are far better and have been rock-solid last season. Badstuber currently is still injured but as soon as he will be back, he will also be above Kirchhoff in the pecking order. And last but not least I have a feeling that Guardiola will use Martinez as a CB more often next season.

However I can't tell you if Zaha has better chances at United.

-----------------------------------

Regarding the Ribery - Ballon d'or discussion:

Should Ribery rise?

Should Ribery win the Ballon d'or?

Basically it isn't bad to sell Kirchhoff IMO.

I can't see him getting much playing time at Bayern to be honest. Boateng and Dante are far better and have been rock-solid last season. Badstuber currently is still injured but as soon as he will be back' date=' he will also be above Kirchhoff in the pecking order. And last but not least I have a feeling that Guardiola will use Martinez as a CB more often next season.

However I can't tell you if Zaha has better chances at United.

-----------------------------------

Regarding the Ribery - Ballon d'or discussion:

[b']Should Ribery rise?[/b]

Yes, IMO he should rise. However rising to 96 would be enough especially considering that there are rarely +2 rises in these rating regions.

Ribery had been on 95 for ages now. Sometimes he was near to drop due to longer injuries however then he often came back performing so well that it would have been insane to drop him.

Last season he hadn't had big injury problems and he again performed on the highest level topping his performance with winning the treble.

Should Ribery win the Ballon d'or?

Maybe. I certainly might agree that Ronaldo and especially Messi has been playing outstanding in La Liga again. Their goal scoring values are simply world class. However the question is:
Is it enough to score ~45 goals in the league against weaker opponents?

Or is it more valuable if a player also plays a big role in the important matches of the CL and helps his team to reach and win the final?

As said before: In the end it won't matter if Ribery wins this trophy or not as everyone should be able to classify the importance of a trophy which is awarded by a horde of journalists (or something like that).

Budesliga doesn't have teams like Atletico ,Valencia and Sevilla(all of them won or did well in europe in the last 10 years) .Messi and Ronaldo are two steps above everything else right now , i watch football for 27 years closely , but i never saw such dominance .

Budesliga doesn't have teams like Atletico ' date='Valencia and Sevilla(all of them won or did well in europe in the last 10 years) .Messi and Ronaldo are two steps above everything else right now , i watch football for 27 years closely , but i never saw such dominance .[/quote']

What about Schalke,Leverkusen or Hamburg(who did well in Europe a few years ago)?

For two seasons in a row Messi have been a big game flop in most matches. In the El Clasico's Ronaldo have clearly toppled him and in the important UCL away matches he has fared poorly. He scored havoc against teams much weaker in la liga bar only a few exceptions. In the last competition Ronaldo was denied a deserved Ballon D'Or even after taking a weak Portugal side to semis in Euro, winning the La Liga and playing much better in crunch games as well as being almost as consistent as Messi in other games.

In the end it all comes down to popularity and Messi will once again win the Ballon D'Or and everyone knows it.

What about Schalke' date='Leverkusen or Hamburg(who did well in Europe a few years ago)?[/quote']

what did they won in europe ?

For two seasons in a row Messi have been a big game flop in most matches. In the El Clasico's Ronaldo have clearly toppled him and in the important UCL away matches he has fared poorly. He scored havoc against teams much weaker in la liga bar only a few exceptions. In the last competition Ronaldo was denied a deserved Ballon D'Or even after taking a weak Portugal side to semis in Euro' date=' winning the La Liga and playing much better in crunch games as well as being almost as consistent as Messi in other games.

In the end it all comes down to popularity and Messi will once again win the Ballon D'Or and everyone knows it.[/quote']

are you kidding ? hahahhahahahahhahah

2011/2012 73 games 77 goals 27 asissts

2012/2013 65 games 75 goals 18 asissts

did you know somebody close to those numbers ? this numbers are out of this world , almost cartoonish....