Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

timesle

Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

;2760537']

huh? No one can adjust ratings on SW' date=' its SMs call.

Be my guest, go and change Modestes rating. Oh no wait, you said you dont even use it so what do you know.[/quote']

So then there is no point in editing something on SW because SM call the shots? ;)

I have no interest in Modeste. I gave up on editing on SW because without fail all the edits I made were rejected despite them being spot on. Often SW would do the exact change weeks later or add a player that was rejected but do it wrong.

Thats if the site works at all...

So I do know actually :eek:

EDIT - As you seem to be the final word on SM & SW, why don't you tell us the EXACT process by which ratings, positions etc are determined so we all have a point of reference :)

Will they replay the leverkusen - hoffenheim game because of kiesslings goal that should have been given?

One of my friends said a goal like that happend in Bundesliga before and the game got replayed (No idea what game it was) Such a bad decision. Its even worse as Kiessling knew it went wide by holding his head in his hands, he should have told the ref or told his team to score an own goal.

Will they replay the leverkusen - hoffenheim game because of kiesslings goal that should have been given?

One of my friends said a goal like that happend in Bundesliga before and the game got replayed (No idea what game it was) Such a bad decision. Its even worse as Kiessling knew it went wide by holding his head in his hands' date=' he should have told the ref or told his team to score an own goal.[/quote']

not sure if his moral is really that high tbh...

One of my friends said a goal like that happend in Bundesliga before and the game got replayed (No idea what game it was) Such a bad decision. Its even worse as Kiessling knew it went wide by holding his head in his hands' date=' he should have told the ref or told his team to score an own goal.[/quote']

50-50. Will be a while until it gets decided as well. Earliest end of next week as far as I know.

Can't blame Kießling. He thinks he misses and turns away and suddenly the ball is in goal and your teammates congratulate you. There is zero chance you'd still be dead-convinced you have missed if this all happens. This isn't something that happens in game or in practice.

You can see it on Hoffenheim's lack of protest as well. Look at their goalie and their other players. You'd expect them to run riot at the ref but nothing happened. Even they weren't sure what they have just seen / haven't seen.

In April 1994, Bayern Munich beat Nuremburg 2-1 after defender Thomas Helmer was awarded a goal despite the ball not going in! Nuremburg complained and the German FA ordered a replay.

Will be interesting IF they do not order a replay for this!

In April 1994' date=' Bayern Munich beat Nuremburg 2-1 after defender Thomas Helmer was awarded a goal despite the ball not going in! Nuremburg complained and the German FA ordered a replay.

Will be interesting IF they do not order a replay for this![/quote']

Dumfries eh?

In April 1994' date=' Bayern Munich beat Nuremburg 2-1 after defender Thomas Helmer was awarded a goal despite the ball not going in! Nuremburg complained and the German FA ordered a replay.

Was different back then. I might explain tomorrow.

Was different back then. I might explain tomorrow.

The reason they replayed the match in 94 wasn't because the ref gave the goal in general. That would have been a "factual decision" and the FIFA loves to protect that.

The reason the game was replayed back then was because the linesman was the one who signalled for the goal, the ref then ran to him and gave the goal after the linesman told him that it was a goal. Now unlike today the linesman back then wasn't allowed to signal for goal. It wasn't one of his responsibilities, so there was a severe breach in rules (protocol) as the ref gave a goal based on the linesman's opinion. Hence why the game was replayed.

Nevertheless, the German FA got in massive trouble with the FIFA for that back then so it's unlikely that the game will be replayed this time.

Hoffenheim tries to argue using a similar line of thinking. They can't say "well, it wasn't a goal but was given a goal" as that falls again under factual decisions but based on a post-match interview with Brych they set up their protest. He said in the interview that he had doubts when the goal happened but neither team nor his assistents said anything to him. Now somewhere in the German rulebook it says that the ref can't decide on anything when he has doubts so therefore it is again a breach of the rules. Pretty wobbly argument that one and I don't know if it will be successful.

So yeah, there are only 3 options:

Replay the entire game (sucks for Leverkusen)

Don't replay the game (sucks for Hoffenheim)

Replay the last 22 minutes starting with goal kick Hoffenheim.

Leverkusen's DoF Völler is going for the third option which is not only the fairest but also has been done before in Spain / Italy so obv it must be fine with FIFA. If the German FA agrees to that though is doubtful

The reason they replayed the match in 94 wasn't because the ref gave the goal in general. That would have been a "factual decision" and the FIFA loves to protect that.

The reason the game was replayed back then was because the linesman was the one who signalled for the goal' date=' the ref then ran to him and gave the goal after the linesman told him that it was a goal. Now unlike today the linesman back then wasn't allowed to signal for goal. It wasn't one of his responsibilities, so there was a severe breach in rules (protocol) as the ref gave a goal based on the linesman's opinion. Hence why the game was replayed.

Nevertheless, the German FA got in massive trouble with the FIFA for that back then so it's unlikely that the game will be replayed this time.

Hoffenheim tries to argue using a similar line of thinking. They can't say "well, it wasn't a goal but was given a goal" as that falls again under factual decisions but based on a post-match interview with Brych they set up their protest. He said in the interview that he had doubts when the goal happened but neither team nor his assistents said anything to him. Now somewhere in the German rulebook it says that the ref can't decide on anything when he has doubts so therefore it is again a breach of the rules. Pretty wobbly argument that one and I don't know if it will be successful.

So yeah, there are only 3 options:

Replay the entire game (sucks for Leverkusen)

Don't replay the game (sucks for Hoffenheim)

Replay the last 22 minutes starting with goal kick Hoffenheim.

Leverkusen's DoF Völler is going for the third option which is not only the fairest but also has been done before in Spain / Italy so obv it must be fine with FIFA. If the German FA agrees to that though is doubtful[/quote']

Yeah, I agree with you mate. Before Kiessling's "goal" was allowed, the result was 0-1 for Leverkusen. Therefore, the 3rd option, you mentioned, is obviously the fair one.

With option 1, Leverkusen would lose their 1 goal lead, which would be stupid. If the 2nd option was chosen, it would also be unfair (for Hoffenheim, as you said), as the home team could still change the result, in the remaining minutes of the match.

Let's hope common sense prevails and the German FA goes for option number 3.

Regards:)

Hi I need some help regarding Rafinha (89). At the moment he is playing regularly in the first 11 for Bayern. Is this only happening because Martinez is injured and Lahm is playing as DM? When Martinez is back what do you think will happen, will Rafinha be sidelined again and Lahm get his old position as RB? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi I need some help regarding Rafinha (89). At the moment he is playing regularly in the first 11 for Bayern. Is this only happening because Martinez is injured and Lahm is playing as DM? When Martinez is back what do you think will happen' date=' will Rafinha be sidelined again and Lahm get his old position as RB? Thanks in advance for the help.[/quote']

He'll still play a bit but won't play as much as right now once Javi M and Thiago are back. With all the midfielders being fit, Lahm will move back to his old position so it's gonna be tough for Rafinha.

He'll still play a bit but won't play as much as right now once Javi M and Thiago are back. With all the midfielders being fit' date=' Lahm will move back to his old position so it's gonna be tough for Rafinha.[/quote']

And after Alcantara & Martinez are back, do you think Kroos will continue to play constantly or he will be dropped to the bench?

And after Alcantara & Martinez are back' date=' do you think Kroos will continue to play constantly or he will be dropped to the bench?[/quote']

When Bayern's midfield is fully injury-free, then Schweinsteiger in his current form should be benched rather than Kroos.

IMO Schweinsteiger could be one of the biggest losers from Guardiola's changes, for a sole DM he lacks the speed and the physical attributes, for an AM again the speed and the creativity.

His position as a CM where he could show his vision and passing skills has been optimally suited for him, but in Pep's current tactics, that position doesn't exist any more.