Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

timesle

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013

Considering that Ginter has basically played all matches over 90 minutes up to his injury since the last time Germany was re-rated I think he'll get 82 quite sure. Especially as he has been playing extremely well for Freiburg.

Thank you. Can I also ask for clarification on the current state of play with Petr Jiracek please? I know you've predicted for him to stay, but was thinking slightly longer term. I know he started the season as a starter for both Hamburg and Czech Republic but picked up an injury which has kept him out of action since. When is he, roughly, expected to be fit again? What kind of role is he likely to have at the club after such a spell out?

Thank you. Can I also ask for clarification on the current state of play with Petr Jiracek please? I know you've predicted for him to stay' date=' but was thinking slightly longer term. I know he started the season as a starter for both Hamburg and Czech Republic but picked up an injury which has kept him out of action since. When is he, roughly, expected to be fit again? What kind of role is he likely to have at the club after such a spell out?[/quote']

Bump........

Thank you. Can I also ask for clarification on the current state of play with Petr Jiracek please? I know you've predicted for him to stay' date=' but was thinking slightly longer term. I know he started the season as a starter for both Hamburg and Czech Republic but picked up an injury which has kept him out of action since. When is he, roughly, expected to be fit again? What kind of role is he likely to have at the club after such a spell out?[/quote']

he had a hernia, expected to be back sometime in January.

TBH, cant see him getting back into the side easily at DM, Badelj has been decent.

Re: Riferimento: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013

How many chance has Gotze' date=' Reus, Lewandoski, Badstuber to raise 92???

And how many chance has Luuk De Jong to raise 90???[/quote']

I expect Gotze to get 92, Reus and Lewandowski deserve 92 and have a chance to get it given SM's apparent generosity in rising recently. Badstuber should stay because he is out injured for a while and De Jong I am not sure about.

Re: Riferimento: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013

I expect Gotze to get 92' date=' Reus and Lewandowski deserve 92 and have a chance to get it given SM's apparent generosity in rising recently. Badstuber should stay because he is out injured for a while and De Jong I am not sure about.[/quote']

Götze certain 92, Reus and Lewandowski perhaps (aswell as Kroos) and Badstuber may also get it, given the precedent of Jovetic..

Not a chance for De Jong, definete stayer.

he had a hernia' date=' expected to be back sometime in January.

TBH, cant see him getting back into the side easily at DM, Badelj has been decent.[/quote']

I couldn't have said it better. :)

Franck Ribery 95-96?

His performances definitely deserve it imo. This season he has been the best player in the league in the best team in the league. Was similarly excellent last season in Bayerns run to the CL final. Bayern are ranked second in the Uefa club coefficients only behind Barcelona. Germany are ranked third in the Country coefficients, and will likely overtake the EPL come end of season. Various football stat websites have Ribery as comfortably one of the best players in the World this season. Whoscored for example rate him at 8.8, behind only Messi on 9.0, and miles ahead of the next highest rated Ibrahimovic on 8.1. Said player can hold a 96 rating in a much weaker league and team and NT.

96 would not be flattering, in fact i'd say it would be certainly justified.

Opinions?

Franck Ribery 95-96?

His performances definitely deserve it imo. This season he has been the best player in the league in the best team in the league. Was similarly excellent last season in Bayerns run to the CL final. Bayern are ranked second in the Uefa club coefficients only behind Barcelona. Germany are ranked third in the Country coefficients' date=' and will likely overtake the EPL come end of season. Various football stat websites have Ribery as comfortably one of the best players in the World this season. Whoscored for example rate him at 8.8, behind only Messi on 9.0, and miles ahead of the next highest rated Ibrahimovic on 8.1. Said player can hold a 96 rating in a much weaker league and team and NT.

96 would not be flattering, in fact i'd say it would be certainly justified.

Opinions?[/quote']

Hmmm you argue a good point but I just can't see it.

You mention Ibra on a 96 which is fair enough but then you've got Xavi who is miles infront of Ribery.

Yes Bayern had a good season last year but you've also got to remember they didn't win anything. Was Ribery a key man? Yes. But did everything go through him and did he really step up when needed? I don't think so.

I would generally say no chance, but then who knows nowadays with these new changes.

Franck Ribery 95-96?

[...]

Opinions?

Ribery has every season been among the best players since he moved to the Bundesliga. He's a top player for sure and I'm also quite sure that he would have a higher rating already if he would play at a top team in England or Spain.

One thing that hampers his rating a bit is that he seems to be a bit injury-prone. Not like Robben but definitely more than the average player.

So in general I would agree. 96 would be fair for Ribery if we only consider the "player" Ribery. But if we also consider that his club Bayern hasn't won any titles in the past 2 years, it makes me predict that he will stay 95 again. For sure, becoming 2nd in the league, the cup & the most precious club competition isn't that bad either. Some might say that it surely is enough. But others might say that it's not. Others might say that players of Manchester City, Real Madrid or Juventus have achieved more last season - simply because they won the league title in their respective league.

In the end, I think that his chances to rise are quite low - simply based on the fact that he (and also other players) would have deserved a higher rating earlier due to the performances - and as it hasn't happened before, why should it happen now?

That's why I haven't predicted a rise here. For sure I would be happily surprised if it will happen though.

Thanks for the responses, all good points as to why he should stay at 95, and in general up until fairly recently I would've agreed he would stay. However after recent changes in Italy, which at the moment is miles behind the Bundesliga in terms of quality, and indeed is barely holding off France in terms of coefficients, I feel that the three biggest leagues should be looking at more generous reviews and in particular the Bundesliga where a lot of players are really quite underrated atm, Dortmund particularly.

Not sure when Ribery's rating went up from 94-95 as history only goes back to May 09, but for sure since that time the Bundesliga has been getting stronger and stronger, and for me is now stronger than EPL but at the very least its 3rd strongest, miles ahead of Serie A in every way possible. Would also argue that, though as you say timesle that Ribery has consistently been world class for many years that his form over the past 12 months is arguably his best yet. With both these factors in play, as well as the seeming change in the way SM are reviewing players, leads me to the conclusion that Ribery will hit 96.

The lack of trophies is probably the only main reason which could hinder a rise, had they won the CL for example i think a 96 would almost be a certainty, but then I do wonder if 1 game should really make that much of a difference.

At the end of the day i can see him both rising or staying, just have a funny feeling that they will give him 96.

Thanks for the responses' date=' all good points as to why he should stay at 95, and in general up until fairly recently I would've agreed he would stay. However after recent changes in Italy, which at the moment is miles behind the Bundesliga in terms of quality, and indeed is barely holding off France in terms of coefficients, I feel that the three biggest leagues should be looking at more generous reviews and in particular the Bundesliga where a lot of players are really quite underrated atm, Dortmund particularly.

Not sure when Ribery's rating went up from 94-95 as history only goes back to May 09, but for sure since that time the Bundesliga has been getting stronger and stronger, [b']and for me is now stronger than EPL[/b] but at the very least its 3rd strongest, miles ahead of Serie A in every way possible. Would also argue that, though as you say timesle that Ribery has consistently been world class for many years that his form over the past 12 months is arguably his best yet. With both these factors in play, as well as the seeming change in the way SM are reviewing players, leads me to the conclusion that Ribery will hit 96.

The lack of trophies is probably the only main reason which could hinder a rise, had they won the CL for example i think a 96 would almost be a certainty, but then I do wonder if 1 game should really make that much of a difference.

At the end of the day i can see him both rising or staying, just have a funny feeling that they will give him 96.

By no means is it, in anyway.