Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

timesle

Re: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Bernat' date=' absolutely. Neuer isn't a sure riser, in this review. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely the best goalie in the world - I'm just assessing his rising chances.[/quote']

If he wins the Ballon Dor then he will most likely rise.

Dont think he should win personally but alot of football pundits saying he should win.

If he wins the Ballon Dor then he will most likely rise.

Dont think he should win personally but alot of football pundits saying he should win.

I believe they say that mainly to upset Ronaldo lol. Obviously a goalkeeper can't be the best player in the world. He's the best goalkeeper in the world, i'm a big fan of him, but we can't compare him to field players. Anyway, Ronaldo was a complete beast this year and should take the prize over anyone imo. Being in the top 3 is a deserved recognition for Neuer's amazing job at goal though.

I believe they say that mainly to upset Ronaldo lol. Obviously a goalkeeper can't be the best player in the world. He's the best goalkeeper in the world' date=' i'm a big fan of him, but we can't compare him to field players. Anyway, Ronaldo was a complete beast this year and should take the prize over anyone imo. Being in the top 3 is a deserved recognition for Neuer's amazing job at goal though.[/quote']

I disagree with this. Why can't a goalkeeper be the best player in the world? Manuel Neuer has been absolutely phenomenal this year and I would not mind it at all if he wins it this year. Winning the World Cup is a huge thing as well, and he was the best player for Germany during the competition by far.

You look at 2006, and Fabio Cannavaro won the Golden Ball.

I disagree with this. Why can't a goalkeeper be the best player in the world? Manuel Neuer has been absolutely phenomenal this year and I would not mind it at all if he wins it this year. Winning the World Cup is a huge thing as well' date=' and he was the best player for Germany during the competition by far.

You look at 2006, and Fabio Cannavaro won the Golden Ball.[/quote']

You disagree and i respect your opinion mate. But imo a goalkeeper has a completely different playing style than a field player. He plays with his hands mostly, he does not need much football skills. So imo it's not very fair to compare them. Cannavaro was a CB, it's not the same. I believe it's fair for Neuer to be on top 3 because he was absolutely amazing and won a lot, but i believe it would be unfair if he wins the prize over Ronaldo for instance.

I believe they say that mainly to upset Ronaldo lol. Obviously a goalkeeper can't be the best player in the world. He's the best goalkeeper in the world' date=' i'm a big fan of him, but we can't compare him to field players. Anyway, Ronaldo was a complete beast this year and should take the prize over anyone imo. Being in the top 3 is a deserved recognition for Neuer's amazing job at goal though.[/quote']

A goal keeper has won it once (Years ago) so its do able. Like Tom said Canavarro won the award, he wasnt amazing in that season but the world cup was phenominal.

I agree that Ronaldo is likely to win the award, and he deserves it more imo. But as its so rare that a GK even gets a chance then I think he might win.

A goal keeper has won it once (Years ago) so its do able. Like Tom said Canavarro won the award' date=' he wasnt amazing in that season but the world cup was phenominal.

I agree that Ronaldo is likely to win the award, and he deserves it more imo. [b']But as its so rare that a GK even gets a chance then I think he might win.[/b]

This is why i think he will take it out. the chance to give it out to a GK is few and far between. Im not saying he deserves it btw (not saying he doesnt either), but to even bhe in contention as a GK i think many people will want to give it to a GK, wingers, midfielders and strikers win every season. to be fair. amazing season, WC winner and Bayern rock. Its very hard to statistically compare him to ronaldo i.e is the tiny amount of goals conceded a bigger feat compared to average as the amount of goals ronaldo scored above what is average/expected?

Do you guys think Rode will get a +1 and is he worth keeping? 1 goal' date=' 4 assists in 10 apps (but only 418 minutes) in Bundesliga seems pretty good to me for someone that was destined to sit on the bench (at best). Thanks :)[/quote']

bayern are epic and high rated/hyped so that is the only reason why there is a slim chance, but personally i think no. not enough game time to warrant it yet personally. that would put him equal with shaqiri who i think has done a lot more at bayern so far. that said comparisons are worthless :rolleyes:

Do you guys think Rode will get a +1 and is he worth keeping? 1 goal' date=' 4 assists in 10 apps (but only 418 minutes) in Bundesliga seems pretty good to me for someone that was destined to sit on the bench (at best). Thanks :)[/quote']

I agree with Cam here. I wouldn't rise Rode, but it ain't me who makes rating reviews... :o

I would rise him, but not sure SM will. He is becoming more and more involved in the squad, occasionally starting games as well. You can make a case he's been Bayern's best CM behind Alonso so far this year. He is performing very well, but lack of game time may put off SM from rising him.

You disagree and i respect your opinion mate. But imo a goalkeeper has a completely different playing style than a field player. He plays with his hands mostly' date=' he does not need much football skills. So imo it's not very fair to compare them. Cannavaro was a CB, it's not the same. I believe it's fair for Neuer to be on top 3 because he was absolutely amazing and won a lot, but i believe it would be unfair if he wins the prize over Ronaldo for instance.[/quote']

See, but Manuel Neuer is one of those goalkeepers who has a lot of football skills. You see him wandering around the pitch. That guy can play football. And he has been very very good thsi season, and honestly, better than Fabio Cannavaro was in 2006. He also should've won the World Cup Golden Ball too.

That said, Cristiano Ronaldo has been unbelievable too, but his poor World Cup will definitely stand against him.

This is why i think he will take it out. the chance to give it out to a GK is few and far between. Im not saying he deserves it btw (not saying he doesnt either)' date=' but to even bhe in contention as a GK i think many people will want to give it to a GK, wingers, midfielders and strikers win every season. to be fair. amazing season, WC winner and Bayern rock. Its very hard to statistically compare him to ronaldo i.e is the tiny amount of goals conceded a bigger feat compared to average as the amount of goals ronaldo scored above what is average/expected?[/quote']

It is hard to compare, agreed, but I must admit I am biased and in the ranks that believe Manuel Neuer should win it, with a large portion of my belief dependent on the World Cup success.

Sebastian Rode should definitely not rise. But considering it's SW, don't be surprised.

See' date=' but Manuel Neuer is one of those goalkeepers who has a lot of football skills. You see him wandering around the pitch. That guy can play football. And he has been very very good thsi season, and honestly, better than Fabio Cannavaro was in 2006. He also should've won the World Cup Golden Ball too.

That said, Cristiano Ronaldo has been unbelievable too, but his poor World Cup will definitely stand against him.

It is hard to compare, agreed, but I must admit I am biased and in the ranks that believe Manuel Neuer should win it, with a large portion of my belief dependent on the World Cup success.

[/quote']

I don't think anyone from the spanish league should get it this year to be honest, you see Real raining goals on pretty much every team and the stats some players rack up (mainly Ronaldo/Messi) is because their teams are so dominant against the rest. Personally feel it should go to Neuer or Muller.

I don't think anyone from the spanish league should get it this year to be honest' date=' you see Real raining goals on pretty much every team and the stats some players rack up (mainly Ronaldo/Messi) is because their teams are so dominant against the rest. Personally feel it should go to Neuer or Muller.[/quote']

lol, your argument is not valid mate, because the exact same thing happens in Bundesliga with Bayern.

A goal keeper has won it once (Years ago) so its do able. Like Tom said Canavarro won the award' date=' he wasnt amazing in that season but the world cup was phenominal.

I agree that Ronaldo is likely to win the award, and he deserves it more imo. But as its so rare that a GK even gets a chance then I think he might win.[/quote']

He wasn't amazing in that season? Im guessing you either have a bad memory or didn't watch him that season.

Is Badstuber risking a -1?

Personally dont think he does, as when he came back this season (before he broke again) he seemed to play regularly in the side, granted it was just a handful of games, but he still played them as a starter. Would like to hear a couple of other people's thoughts though. Cheers

Is Badstuber risking a -1?

Personally dont think he does' date=' as when he came back this season (before he broke again) he seemed to play regularly in the side, granted it was just a handful of games, but he still played them as a starter. Would like to hear a couple of other people's thoughts though. Cheers[/quote']

Who knows but remember Owen Hargreaves kept his 90 or whatever he was for what seemed forever.

Re: Riferimento: Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

durm +1 or +2? IMO +1' date=' Dortmund's defence doesn't work very well.[/quote']

I am hoping for +2, plenty of game time in all competitions, Dortmund finished 1st in CL group stage, and more than a handful starts for NT lately, and a +1 to 88 seems a little fall a little bit short of the rest of the first team, even if they have been playing like crap, i don't think he's the guy to blame. I think he's somewhat comparable to De Sciglio, position and talent wise, from what i saw from both. So an 89 its fair IMO, but he will probably be stuck there for a while.