timesle

Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

1 hour ago, -JMH- said:

Max plays in a system which Germany will not use. He is gung ho for Baum at Augsburg. Hector is more of a defensive pick to allow Kimmich to move into the midfield, with Hector Hummels Boateng to operate as a back 3.

Its more of a case of who fits Low system than who is the 'best performer' in ratings

Gomez/Wagner/Stindl are Plan B strikers, Can/Ginter/Rudy/Rudiger can all be deployed several ways.

Do you mean Kimmich to bomb forward (and overlap Müller) or isn't he allowed that high up the pitch? I've seen Kimmich do a great job for Bayern bombing forward. With Max on the left he and Kimmich could alternate (to provide extra width on the right and/or the left). I'd expect Hector to get up and down the pitch when needed as well to help out Reus or Sané. Besides Plattenhardt is the one I'd leave out and TBH I'd start Max over Hector on current form.

Looking at the tweet below I expect Löw's starting line-up for Russia2018 to be:

Neuer (if fit) - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Hector - Khedira, Kroos - Müller, Özil, Reus (if fit) - Werner.

Seeing Löw is quite loyal, and conservative when it comes to bedding in youngsters/new faces, I'm expecting P. Max doesn't stand a chance. IMHO, a mistake. If Kimmich is injured/dip in form/serving a suspension/... a CB or Can probably will have to cover. The fullbacks, starters/cover, seem to be a bigger woe than the CBs again. In the tweet you can see how great Germany's depth is except at fullback/wingback (Henrichs probably won't make the final 23). As Löw has used wingbacks (in friendlies, the Confed. Cup, etc.) P. Max could have been a great addition (even more assists/game at LWB). Sané could also be a LWB option but it's a pretty hard position to get right (and you need an extra set of lungs to get up and down the pitch). Should have selected Hector and Max (instead of Plattenhardt).

Löw has made his fullbacks responsible for providing width in a possession-based system, while wingers play more centrally as inverted playmaking wingers (the likes of Reus, Götze, Özil, Draxler, Müller, et al. have been used like that for years). If fit I'm guessing Reus starts on the left and Sané could even be 3rd choice behind Draxler. Then Özil and Müller are nailed on starters for Löw. As depth on the right isn't as good as it seems in the tweet Sané probably has more of a chance there (2nd choice, behind Müller). Sané will most likely be the biggest victim of how Löw likes to set up Germany. On form this season I'd say Sané deserves to be in the starting line-up yet I doubt Löw will start him/go with a system more suited to Sané.

It's unlikely Germany will struggle much in their build-up play, and to a lesser extent when transitioning from defending to attacking, however they could struggle a bit more when having to transition from attack to defence. There's not that much Fingerspitzengefühl, especially for the holding role. Khedira and Kroos having to snuff out danger time and again is a bit of a gamble. The other big ? is how Werner will fare. He'll have to be more clinical because he won't get as many chances in Russia and he's inexperienced at this level. OTOH Germany shares the goals around and they have plenty of players that know how to find the back of the net.

@Der Chefscout @-JMH- your thoughts, please.

5 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Looking at the tweet below I expect Löw's starting line-up for Russia2018 to be:

Neuer (if fit) - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Hector - Khedira, Kroos - Müller, Özil, Reus (if fit) - Werner.

Seeing Löw is quite loyal, and conservative when it comes to bedding in youngsters/new faces, I'm expecting P. Max doesn't stand a chance. IMHO, a mistake. If Kimmich is injured/dip in form/serving a suspension/... a CB or Can probably will have to cover. The fullbacks, starters/cover, seem to be a bigger woe than the CBs again. In the tweet you can see how great Germany's depth is except at fullback/wingback (Henrichs probably won't make the final 23). As Löw has used wingbacks (in friendlies, the Confed. Cup, etc.) P. Max could have been a great addition (even more assists/game at LWB). Sané could also be a LWB option but it's a pretty hard position to get right (and you need an extra set of lungs to get up and down the pitch). Should have selected Hector and Max (instead of Plattenhardt).

Löw has made his fullbacks responsible for providing width in a possession-based system, while wingers play more centrally as inverted playmaking wingers (the likes of Reus, Götze, Özil, Draxler, Müller, et al. have been used like that for years). If fit I'm guessing Reus starts on the left and Sané could even be 3rd choice behind Draxler. Then Özil and Müller are nailed on starters for Löw. As depth on the right isn't as good as it seems in the tweet Sané probably has more of a chance there (2nd choice, behind Müller). Sané will most likely be the biggest victim of how Löw likes to set up Germany. On form this season I'd say Sané deserves to be in the starting line-up yet I doubt Löw will start him/go with a system more suited to Sané.

It's unlikely Germany will struggle much in their build-up play, and to a lesser extent when transitioning from defending to attacking, however they could struggle a bit more when having to transition from attack to defence. There's not that much Fingerspitzengefühl, especially for the holding role. Khedira and Kroos having to snuff out danger time and again is a bit of a gamble. The other big ? is how Werner will fare. He'll have to be more clinical because he won't get as many chances in Russia and he's inexperienced at this level. OTOH Germany shares the goals around and they have plenty of players that know how to find the back of the net.

@Der Chefscout @-JMH- your thoughts, please.

Think Germany will start like this no surprises

4-2-3-1

Neuer/MATS

Kimmich Hummels Boateng Hector

Kroos Khedira/Gündogan

Müller Özil Sane

Werner

Max and Petersen deserve a chance

I dont think Werner will lead the line.

Gomez for me. Low always depends on an old head up front, and he has the experience at this level

Can see Reus starting over Sane, but as the tournament goes on i reckon Sane will be his wildcard

Hector can tuck in to a 3 at the back, giving Kimmich freedom to move into a central area to flood the midfield.

Effectively a 3331

Philip Max doesnt fit the system. He is too attacking, If he went, it would be at the expense of another AML.

Id say the same as you mentioned, but Reus & Gomez as starting picks.

Burgstaller 88 -> 89?

Brandt 90 -> 91?

L.Bender 90 -> 89?

Bellarabi 90 -> 89?

Baumgartl 85 -> 87?

P. Max 87 -> 88?

M.Veljkovic 85 -> 87?

-------------------------------------------

If Schalke finishes the season as the second, do you expect some boom with ratings like Leipzig last season?

Thanks!

21 hours ago, hesselink said:

Burgstaller 88 -> 89? maybe

Brandt 90 -> 91? too early, so no

L.Bender 90 -> 89? possible

Bellarabi 90 -> 89? should

Baumgartl 85 -> 87? yes

P. Max 87 -> 88? yes

M.Veljkovic 85 -> 87? maybe only 86

-------------------------------------------

If Schalke finishes the season as the second, do you expect some boom with ratings like Leipzig last season?

not to the same extent though

Thanks!

What do you think about Gotze? I've got him in a very competitive custom. I don't know if he is a worth keeping cause I think of him as a huge talent but he is doing not so well and I'm scared about a drop to 91 in next reviews...don't know if he is a worth keeping even after a drop...

9 hours ago, Franklyn said:

What do you think about Gotze? I've got him in a very competitive custom. I don't know if he is a worth keeping cause I think of him as a huge talent but he is doing not so well and I'm scared about a drop to 91 in next reviews...don't know if he is a worth keeping even after a drop...

He might cling onto his rating. 

Whether you keep him depends on just how competitive your setup is. If there are no other players available rated 91 or above, you may as well keep him.

11 hours ago, Franklyn said:

50/50