timesle

Bundesliga Ratings Discussion

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013

hey timsle,

would you mind sharing with us why you think Hummels will rise to 93?

Personally, i think it would be very lucky for Hummels to become 93 (even though i own him in one of my gameworlds). I felt his performances in the Euros was average at best and Dortmund didn't do too well last season in the Champions League. I understand that Dortmund retained their title but is that enough for him to warrant a 93?

Cheers,

Roy

hey timsle' date='

would you mind sharing with us why you think Hummels will rise to 93?[/quote']

No, I certainly wouldn't mind.

Personally' date=' i think it would be very lucky for Hummels to become 93 (even though i own him in one of my gameworlds). I felt his performances in the Euros was average at best and Dortmund didn't do too well last season in the Champions League.[/quote']

I agree that Dortmund's performances in the CL last season weren't good. They basically ranged from unlucky to bad. However this year they so far have shown another face in a far more competitive group than last season.

Furthermore I strongly disagree with Hummels performing average at the Euros. I believe people focus too hard on that single game against Italy. In this game Hummels indeed made a mistake that even lead to a goal. However over the whole tournament he has been the best defender of Germany - and that single mistake won't change that for me.

I understand that Dortmund retained their title but is that enough for him to warrant a 93?

Dortmund not only retained their title.

Dortmund retained their title with playing the best season a team ever has played in the Bundesliga. And I don't just talk in platitudes here.

• No other team became champion with getting that many points (81).
  • No other team achieved to be unbeaten for 28 games in row in one season.
  • No other team has ever played a better half of the season than Dortmund did in the second half of last season with 47 points (out of 51 possible ones).

And especially the last point should be important when thinking about Hummels' rating. Not the performances of Dortmund in CL 2011. Dortmund's performances in the Bundesliga 2012. Of course it would help him to rise if Dortmund also would have played well in CL. However - as mentioned above - they're doing now.

And not to forget: Dortmund also won the German cup last season.

Concerning Hummels' individual performances last season I of course can't remember every match. But using the marks of German sport magazine "kicker" he was the best defender in the Bundesliga last season.

With all the things written above and remembering that Dortmund as a team and the Bundesliga in general still both are quite underrated [1]' date=' I actually would be really surprised if Hummels won't rise.

[i'][1] Profound Top Leagues Rating Analysis of this summer[/i]

cheers for the reply mate.

i just had a niggling feeling that those 'expert' reviewers at SM is unlikely to want to give him a 93 but i hope i'm wrong.

don't get me wrong, i know he is a very good defender but just not sure if he is on par with John Terry or Pepe (i know he could be better than both) since SM don't rate Dortmund that higher.

Cheers,

Roy

i just had a niggling feeling that those 'expert' reviewers at SM is unlikely to want to give him a 93 but i hope i'm wrong.

Well, you never know. Sometimes you expect a certain rise for a player based on your experience and what you've seen from the player - and then SM don't give him that rise.

And sometimes SM rises players you never would have expected to rise.

Höwedes being better than Badstuber is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong' date=' he is not a bad defender but Hummels and Badstuber are better than him.[/quote']

I don't understand how it's ridiculous. I'm not saying Howedes is better than Hummels, I just think he's better than Badstuber. Main reasons being that Howedes is a lot more mobile and because he has better positioning. The amount of times the pairing of Boateng and Badstuber were caught out of position was ridiculous. I'm not saying Howedes is miles ahead of Badstuber but enough to notice

I don't understand how it's ridiculous. I'm not saying Howedes is better than Hummels' date=' I just think he's better than Badstuber. Main reasons being that Howedes is a lot more mobile and because he has better positioning. The amount of times the pairing of Boateng and Badstuber were caught out of position was ridiculous. I'm not saying Howedes is miles ahead of Badstuber but enough to notice[/quote']

I am sorry mate but that is ridiculous. Let's break it down.

Höwedes is more than a year older than Badstuber.

Badstuber is Nr.1 CB for one of the best teams in Europe, played his part in Bayern's 2 CL Final appearances in the last 3 years, was part of the German National Team in 2010 and played every minute of the 2012 EURO. He has 29 caps at the age of 23.

Höwedes wasn't selected in 2010 at all and played not a single minute at the EURO 2012. He isn't even second choice at RB or 3rd / 4th choice at CB for Germany. Höwedes got 9 caps. He is captain of Schalke who are a good team but not world beaters.

Badstuber was 15 places ahead of Höwedes in the 2011/12 Kicker evalulation of Bundesliga defenders.

Bayern also conceded the least goals last season. Schalke actually twice the goals Bayern conceded. So the Bayern defense couldn't have caught out of position as often as you were suggesting. And the few times it happened, it was certainly Boateng's fault who is admittedly quite shocking at times.

Höwedes' Positioning is certainly not better than Badstubers. Not sure where you get that one from. He might be a bit more mobile, I give you that, but that doesn't make him better as a whole player.

I just need to look at the recent Bayern - Schalke game where Höwedes played a big part in Schalke conceding the first goal since he didn't run with Kroos who then scored. But anyway, let's not start singling out games cuz everybody makes mistakes no matter if they are called Badstuber, Hummels or Höwedes.

Either way, Badstuber plays for a better team and has to prove himself more often against world class opponents, has a spot secured in Germany's starting XI, has more caps, got better marks at all kinds of sports newspapers, he is even the better player in FIFA 13 :D etc.

You are catching the drift by now I guess. It's highly unlikely that all the guys responsible for the stuff I just mentioned got it wrong and you are the one who sees through all that and knows better ;)

Höwedes is a good defender but I don't think he'll ever be a great one. And he's certainly not better than Badstuber.

I am sorry mate but that is ridiculous. Let's break it down.

Höwedes is more than a year older than Badstuber.

Badstuber is Nr.1 CB for one of the best teams in Europe' date=' played his part in Bayern's 2 CL Final appearances in the last 3 years, was part of the German National Team in 2010 and played every minute of the 2012 EURO. He has 29 caps at the age of 23.[/b']

Höwedes wasn't selected in 2010 at all and played not a single minute at the EURO 2012. He isn't even second choice at RB or 3rd / 4th choice at CB for Germany. Höwedes got 9 caps. He is captain of Schalke who are a good team but not world beaters.

Badstuber was 15 places ahead of Höwedes in the 2011/12 Kicker evalulation of Bundesliga defenders.

Bayern also conceded the least goals last season. Schalke actually twice the goals Bayern conceded. So the Bayern defense couldn't have caught out of position as often as you were suggesting. And the few times it happened, it was certainly Boateng's fault who is admittedly quite shocking at times.

Höwedes' Positioning is certainly not better than Badstubers. Not sure where you get that one from. He might be a bit more mobile, I give you that, but that doesn't make him better as a whole player.

I just need to look at the recent Bayern - Schalke game where Höwedes played a big part in Schalke conceding the first goal since he didn't run with Kroos who then scored. But anyway, let's not start singling out games cuz everybody makes mistakes no matter if they are called Badstuber, Hummels or Höwedes.

Either way, Badstuber plays for a better team and has to prove himself more often against world class opponents, has a spot secured in Germany's starting XI, has more caps, got better marks at all kinds of sports newspapers, he is even the better player in FIFA 13 :D etc.

You are catching the drift by now I guess. It's highly unlikely that all the guys responsible for the stuff I just mentioned got it wrong and you are the one who sees through all that and knows better ;)

Höwedes is a good defender but I don't think he'll ever be a great one. And he's certainly not better than Badstuber.

That doesn't mean that Bads is better then Howedes.As a player Howedes is MILES ahead of Badstuber who is far from being an excellent defender.He's a part of germany just because he plays for Munich which is nothing...

can someone explain to me how ratings work? There's that soccerwiki thing where you can suggest ratings but does majority rule now, or are there still SM scouts reviewing them?

If so, what's soccerwiki for

OH AND question #2. Is there even a chance for Manuel Neuer to rise either now or by the end of the season to 94? Would you take Joe Hart or Neuer?

can someone explain to me how ratings work? There's that soccerwiki thing where you can suggest ratings but does majority rule now' date=' or are there still SM scouts reviewing them?

If so, what's soccerwiki for

OH AND question #2. Is there even a chance for Manuel Neuer to rise either now or by the end of the season to 94? Would you take Joe Hart or Neuer?[/quote']

Still Sm do the ratings.

No Neuer will not hit 94 atm......and Hart :)

Re: Riferimento: Bundesliga Ratings 2012/2013

I am sorry mate but that is ridiculous. Let's break it down. No need to be sorry' date=' I'll try and break your arguements down to... just a friendly arguement. just to clarify, I'm actually talking about their real life skill not how they would be rated in SM... two completely different things[/color']

Höwedes is more than a year older than Badstuber. that has nothing to do with their level of skills, in fact it gives Howedes the edge for experience and maturity

Badstuber is Nr.1 CB for one of the best teams in Europe, played his part in Bayern's 2 CL Final appearances in the last 3 years, was part of the German National Team in 2010 and played every minute of the 2012 EURO. He has 29 caps at the age of 23. I'll give you the Bayern's #1 CB, but with that being said everything else in this arguement is due to Bayern. Played in CL finals because Bayern doesn't have a good defense. Secondly, I can almost guarantee that if Howedes was in Bayern, he'd be playing alongside Hummels

Badstuber was 15 places ahead of Höwedes in the 2011/12 Kicker evalulation of Bundesliga defenders. Can't comment much here as I don't know what that is

Bayern also conceded the least goals last season. Schalke actually twice the goals Bayern conceded. So the Bayern defense couldn't have caught out of position as often as you were suggesting. And the few times it happened, it was certainly Boateng's fault who is admittedly quite shocking at times. Are you honestly going to comapre Schalke's defense (Paps,Matip,Fuchs and Hoger) to Bayern's (Lahm,Boateng,Bads, Alaba) last season... Howedes was injured ALOT, most of the time so you decide who you expect to concede less goals; also, Neuer>>>>>>>>>>>(Unerstall+Farhman+Hildebrand). Lastly, Schweinsteiger, Gustavo, Tommy vs. Jones(

Höwedes' Positioning is certainly not better than Badstubers. Not sure where you get that one from. He might be a bit more mobile, I give you that, but that doesn't make him better as a whole player.Well, in my experience watching their games I guess

I just need to look at the recent Bayern - Schalke game where Höwedes played a big part in Schalke conceding the first goal since he didn't run with Kroos who then scored. But anyway, let's not start singling out games cuz everybody makes mistakes no matter if they are called Badstuber, Hummels or Höwedes. Agree on both points

Höwedes is a good defender but I don't think he'll ever be a great one. And he's certainly not better than Badstuber. With all due respect, I don't agree with MUTD about him being miles aahead of Badstuber, he certainly is better. There must have been a reason why Bayern wanted him in the past two windows and currently United are checking him out

There's my insight on it

No raise for De Brunye??

Maybe a +1' date=' maybe

Tymoschuk to keep his 90 ? :o

I don't think so