Sign in to follow this  
LegendaryLemon

★The Official Forum GC - GC 222 - Discussion Thread ★

Re: ★The Official Forum GC - GC 222 - Discussion Thread ★

I must say I'm quite surprised over the interest in Reus' date=' and the lack of it on Hummels, gotze etc. I must've missed something.. :)[/quote']

No one wants the big players now as they'll have em in a gc soon enough :)

No one wants the big players now as they'll have em in a gc soon enough :)

You might be joking, but that's probably one of the bigger reasons. I currently have 1 bloke who shortlisted Gotze and only 2 on Hummels, had this been a few months ago atleast 10-15 managers would have a go at them..

I don't mind in this gc tho as I fancy an original Dortmund squad, and it'll be active anyway. But the other new gc's I'm not so happy about the dead market..

You might be joking' date=' but that's probably one of the bigger reasons. I currently have 1 bloke who shortlisted Gotze and only 2 on Hummels, had this been a few months ago atleast 10-15 managers would have a go at them..

I don't mind in this gc tho as I fancy an original Dortmund squad, and it'll be active anyway. But the other new gc's I'm not so happy about the dead market..[/quote']

People just don't want to pay top whack for players anymore, look at 157 where we both have overpaid for players , i never have a problem overpaying for a player i like. In GC219 where i have Barca, Real Madrid wanted Pique & Fabregas for Ronaldo now had that been messi i'd have gladly paid it but others would baulk at paying that. I just don't like Ronaldo enough to pay that for him :)

If you are staying long term then pays off sometimes to overpay but just hoard the cash and raid the soon to be unmanaged.

People just don't want to pay top whack for players anymore' date=' look at 157 where we both have overpaid for players , i never have a problem overpaying for a player i like. In [b']GC219[/b] where i have Barca, Real Madrid wanted Pique & Fabregas for Ronaldo now had that been messi i'd have gladly paid it but others would baulk at paying that. I just don't like Ronaldo enough to pay that for him :)

If you are staying long term then pays off sometimes to overpay but just hoard the cash and raid the soon to be unmanaged.

Sadly that's the reality now.. Pique and Cesc for Ronaldo is just Madness lol.

I don't mind overpaying in some cases either, but then it's for someone I really like and/or am confident that the deal will turn in my favour in a year or two :)