• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 87+ SEASON 12 PREVIEW Below is my rambling Season preview for the upcoming season. As always its just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously Its not up to Stato's (Tranmere) quality of

Re: 87+ SEASON 10 PREVIEW Division 1 Guaratingueta Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last seas

Re: 87+ SEASON 11 PREVIEW Division 1 Rayo Vallecano Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring a

A smashing first game of the seasons sees me and Huddo go toe to toe for a 3-3 thriller. In fact all but 1 game ended in draws lol. Brought in Sequin, Tropi, Ait Bennaser, Brandner, Chan and a couple other talents getting minutes offloading some of the guys from previous management (Old mate Tino) that i gave some time too but didnt seem to be doing alot IRL.

Hi guys, good to see the GW is still going strong :) Especially well done to Tranmere for doing the dirty work ;) Congratulations to Cam on taking the GW by storm as I remember Doncaster were vastly underachieving a few seasons back in the low depths of div 2. Also good to see your activity on the forum. Shame you joined just after I left. I see Liverpool de Montedvideo are still waiting for that elusive first league title - Will it ever happen? Still a bit gutted I never managed it myself and only have cup success to show for my time in the GW. Good luck to all this season :)

I read through the last few pages on here and saw the post about teams winning the title 2 seasons in a row then being relegated. If you factor in the one season winner to releagtion teams to the amount is ridiculosly high. This can't just be a coincidence surely?

Hi guys' date=' good to see the GW is still going strong :) Especially well done to Tranmere for doing the dirty work ;) Congratulations to Cam on taking the GW by storm as I remember Doncaster were vastly underachieving a few seasons back in the low depths of div 2. Also good to see your activity on the forum. Shame you joined just after I left. I see Liverpool de Montedvideo are still waiting for that elusive first league title - Will it ever happen? Still a bit gutted I never managed it myself and only have cup success to show for my time in the GW. Good luck to all this season :)

I read through the last few pages on here and saw the post about teams winning the title 2 seasons in a row then being relegated. If you factor in the one season winner to releagtion teams to the amount is ridiculosly high. This can't just be a coincidence surely?[/quote']

Hi monkeyshuffl, still very competitive gw and happy to say that we have an exciting team of managers on board! I do think there is some kind of title winning curse, we will have to wait to see what happens to Doncaster this season or the next! :eek:

Hi guys' date=' good to see the GW is still going strong :) Especially well done to Tranmere for doing the dirty work ;) Congratulations to Cam on taking the GW by storm as I remember Doncaster were vastly underachieving a few seasons back in the low depths of div 2. Also good to see your activity on the forum. Shame you joined just after I left. I see Liverpool de Montedvideo are still waiting for that elusive first league title - Will it ever happen? Still a bit gutted I never managed it myself and only have cup success to show for my time in the GW. Good luck to all this season :)

I read through the last few pages on here and saw the post about teams winning the title 2 seasons in a row then being relegated. If you factor in the one season winner to releagtion teams to the amount is ridiculosly high. This can't just be a coincidence surely?[/quote']

I bet you were even more gutted to see Guaratingueta at the bottom end of Division 2 :o

Won our first game of the season last night but had 2 Players sent off. Determined to get promoted this year, want that third Division 1 title.

Wrexham beat Siena 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Tielemans scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Tah and Koka were also amongst the goalscorers.

Ahmed Hassan KOKA picked up a very minor injury during the recent match.

Jonathan TAH is now suspended for 1 game after being sent off

Knocked out of the cup, but now up to 2nd in the league!

when I signed up for 87+ I mainly saw the challenge to find potential risers....and of course you guys already picked most of them.

now I realize that the challenge is just as much about which players to keep. with the low attendance you can't support the salaries if you got a big squad. So you need to sell off some players...but which ones? who will get stuck at 82, who has mediocre talent and will get a rise to 85-86 and sit there for a bunch of years and who will race quickly to 87 and get limited time in the first team?

A lot of interesting choices that you don't have in other GW's.

when I signed up for 87+ I mainly saw the challenge to find potential risers....and of course you guys already picked most of them.

now I realize that the challenge is just as much about which players to keep. with the low attendance you can't support the salaries if you got a big squad. So you need to sell off some players...but which ones? who will get stuck at 82' date=' who has mediocre talent and will get a rise to 85-86 and sit there for a bunch of years and who will race quickly to 87 and get limited time in the first team?

A lot of interesting choices that you don't have in other GW's.[/quote']

That is exactly why this gw will continue to be successful despite the forum downfall, it keeps people constantly looking for fresh talent but it doesn't stop there. If you have a big squad (like me) you must look at stats and decide what players stay after they get the rise they deserved. Are they playing in a competitive league? Is their team performing ? Has the player got a chance of a potential transfer to a better club ? Then if you find a gem that meets your criteria, you always have the fear of losing that player when he reaches 87, so the whole process starts again. All this combined with fierce competition for results in both divisions makes 87+ what it is! :)

Guaratinguetá outclassed Barcelona B and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Villalba had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Jiménez was on the scoresheet for his side.

Up to 4th so still looking for promotion. Really tight in the 2nd division with nobody really performing well. Top team has only won 4 out of 9