• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 87+ SEASON 12 PREVIEW Below is my rambling Season preview for the upcoming season. As always its just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously Its not up to Stato's (Tranmere) quality of

Re: 87+ SEASON 10 PREVIEW Division 1 Guaratingueta Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last seas

Re: 87+ SEASON 11 PREVIEW Division 1 Rayo Vallecano Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring a

Re: 87+

welcome to the money club :P

Unfortunately my membership is likely to be revoked any time soon :eek::o

Recently money bags Lugano have looked to pounce on my destitute state for one of my rising prospects but negotiantions broke down when I couldn't give them change for their five pound note when they offered 10p plus some unknown player from outer mongolia or wherever :P

Lugano were kind enough to let my backroom staff have photos taken of themselves with the fiver though as proof that they had once seen such a vast amount of money! :D

You can tell them that a place will be available soon as I'm thinking of resigning at season end.This is a great gw but the thing is I'm not good enough :P .

Thanks mate but I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. You took over an underloved team that needed someone to come in and buy some players for the future which you have done. Risers recently since the real life seasons in the big leagues ended have been hard to come by across all teams by the looks of things. Last season there where a lot of players hitting 87+ but this season virtually no one. Ive had very little risers and from checking each day to see weather any players of any team hit 87+ I have seen very little risers elsewhere too so its not that you arn't good enough its just that SM just arn't giving out that much at the moment even though there is alot of players still worthy of a rise. Have a think about it but bear in mind you took over one of the trickiest teams to take over I reckon so no shame in how you are doing as it was never going to be a quick fix. ;):)

Gameworld 87+

The GW for those who like finding low rated risers - "80 is the new 90!"

THE 87+ RULE (In Brief): Once a player reaches a rating of 87+ he MUST be sold.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=124930&page=106

Unfortunately my membership is likely to be revoked any time soon :eek::o

Recently money bags Lugano have looked to pounce on my destitute state for one of my rising prospects but negotiantions broke down when I couldn't give them change for their five pound note when they offered 10p plus some unknown player from outer mongolia or wherever :P

Lugano were kind enough to let my backroom staff have photos taken of themselves with the fiver though as proof that they had once seen such a vast amount of money! :D

And WHO half-inched my Fiver :eek::eek::eek:

Rumour has it that's why your in the money now :rolleyes::P;)

BTW the "outer mongolian" is a riser WHEN SM/SW get their finger out. I noticed your guy was high in concerns (Level4?) so was trying to do u a favour cos mine was too :) BUT now your in the money you cleared his concerns & now he's paid 16K which I noted is higher than some of your 84rated players. You can't sell him now cos he is a good riser (Lucas Lima 78?) but you'll be destitute again with a 16K salary by the time SM/SW get round to giving him his increase. Oh woe! It's beggars prison for you before long, I'm sueing for that fiver, the legal cost's will bring you down :D:D:D

Fred Ziko steered Wrexham to victory against Zalaegerszegi TE.

Wrexham outclassed Zalaegerszegi TE and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Olaitan scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Erdogan and Benzia were also amongst the goalscorers.

Boooooooooom 4 goals in 5 minutes means that the red dragons are back in the big time! Just 1 point away from the only title that we haven't won yet, because last time we got promoted as runners up!

One year away from Division 1 was enough, it isn't the same without us, no Wrexham no party! ;)

1347377104_0.jpg

Monkeyshuffl steered Liverpool de Montevideo to victory against Jahn Regensburg.

Liverpool de Montevideo beat Jahn Regensburg 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Büyük scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Tonso was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Well mid table obscurity springs to mind. But I'll take that considering we got off to a shocker this season. Thought the second division was were we were headed but some how my team started to play some decent football in the second half of the season and with one left to play we find ourselves probably for the first time not caring whether we win or not as we cant win the league or get relegated. :P

It would appear Guava is the way forward :eek:, won my last 2 games :)

Good Luck Rayo Vallecano for the last game of the season, it's one of us for the First Division title. Would be nice to win it 2 seasons in a row.

Perhaps after all the scandalous accusations made by the Liverpool manager which cost us points, he will do us a favour and change my mind about bringing legal action :)

More of the same please SM match engine.....

Michael Hudson steered UD Logroñés to victory against Muangthong United.

UD Logroñés outclassed Muangthong United and thrashed them 7 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Holzhauser scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ramírez and Polter were also amongst the goalscorers.

Right lads ive got a question for you, i have a few players with concerns about lack of 1st team opportunities and because promotion is sealed and to lose the title i have to lose by two goals against Siena and Stade must also win by two goals, i thought i might give a couple of them a chance in the first team. My question is will this help reduce their concern at all like it does about the lack of games or does this one only come from the fact i have too many players ?

Right lads ive got a question for you' date=' i have a few players with concerns about lack of 1st team opportunities and because promotion is sealed and to lose the title i have to lose by two goals against Siena and Stade must also win by two goals, i thought i might give a couple of them a chance in the first team. My question is will this help reduce their concern at all like it does about the lack of games or does this one only come from the fact i have too many players ?[/quote']

concerns levels are inversely proportional to game time. Means get them more game time . Other method is to buy higher rated players which is not possible in this gw . I made a thread on this named player happiness calculator which might help you :)

Right lads ive got a question for you' date=' i have a few players with concerns about lack of 1st team opportunities and because promotion is sealed and to lose the title i have to lose by two goals against Siena and Stade must also win by two goals, i thought i might give a couple of them a chance in the first team. My question is will this help reduce their concern at all like it does about the lack of games or does this one only come from the fact i have too many players ?[/quote']

It will likely make no difference to be honest. If they are level 3+ you will have to play them a hell of alot to get their concerns to go down. 4+ and they are as good as gone most likely. If you don't plan playing them much but want to keep them pay off their concern or sell them and hope to resign them when their ban is up.

Ive had a few moany b1tch3s in my squad and have just let my chaiman get on and sell them as money always sweetens the loss (and most were bad buys tbh:o)

Ooopps just realised it said this on the OP :o

Buying from external clubs OFF

considering it says you cant buy from unmanaged clubs too I wonder how many people have got put off of wanting to join this GW :o:o:o

People must have though it was just free agents lol. Its only taken me nearly 2 years to realise this :rolleyes:

2000th post in this thread! I should get a gold star or something :)

More of the same please SM match engine.....

Michael Hudson steered UD Logroñés to victory against Muangthong United.

UD Logroñés outclassed Muangthong United and thrashed them 7 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Holzhauser scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ramírez and Polter were also amongst the goalscorers.

:P you just got lucky, seven times.

Well another season is nearly over with just one game left to play. The div 1 title is still up for grabs with Both Rayo Vallecano and Guaratingueta contesting it. Strangely though the relegation scrap is all but decided with 3 teams fate already decided and after Muathong's 7-0 crushing defeat last game they look all set to join them barring a minor miracle.

Division 2 is still all up for grabs though with Wrexham and Stade Brestois fighting it out for the title. Despite battling for the title Stade Brestois could find themselves out of the automatic promotion places and having to play a playoff should results go against them with AC Siena and NK Varazdin looking to take advantage. Lugano, Furth and ZTE are all battling to secure the last playoff place as hopes of the big time come closer to reality.

Good luck everyone ;)

Fred Ziko steered Wrexham to victory against AC Siena.

Wrexham beat AC Siena 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Benzia scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ings and Piazón were also amongst the goalscorers.

Wrexham have finished First in Division 2.

Job done, we are champions by a 6 point gap!!! :D

I have to say i didn't expect to win and score 4 goals as i decided to give game time to players with concerns such as Thelander, Ninkovic, Piazon and Giesselmann but they proved what they are worth ending the season for us on a high!

Just looking at our trophy cabinet history:

9 Division 2 Winner

8 Charity Shield Runner-Up

7 Division 1 Winner

6 Division 1 Runner-Up

5 Charity Shield Winner

4 Charity Shield Runner-Up

4 87+ Cup Winner

4 Division 2 Runner-Up

3 87+ Cup Winner

2 87+ Cup Runner-Up

1 Too busy getting transfers to build the team :P

Made me proud of my players!

Anyway, expecting a 20m bonus from 87+ as a reward, just so it can get me out of debt :o

SEASON 9 PREVIEW

By Monkeyshuffl

Below is my season 9 preview. Its a bit of fun so hope you all enjoy :)

It was interesting looking over every team as I haven't done that the last two seasons as Tranmere stepped in for me doing the preview. What was clear is the standard of teams is higher than I have ever seen before' date=' yet not all the strongest teams in my opinion are competing in division 1. Thats not unusual I would say as 4 of 10 have to be relegated but there are a couple in div 2 that didnt get promoted yet look div1 quality! Its not all up up and up though as some teams are deffinitly not as strong as they were last season due to enforced sales and face tough seasons ahead.

Enjoy[b']:D

[/b]Division 1

Guartingueta

Strength: Reigning Division 1 champions and have everything still in place from last seasons success from manager to players. Star players Jimenez and Westwood help give them a solid spine to the team and are supported by numerous other good players. Should mount a serious title defence and with their squad depth they could be one to look out for in the cup.

Weakness: Not a lot of weakness to be found in their squad though perhaps another defender and DM would help supplement the team should they lose Westwood.

Muathong United

Strength: Star player Mitrovic will be the player manager DB looks to in getting enough goals to turn into points to keep them from falling back through the trap door to div 2. 3 goals and 7 assists from only 10 games last term looks promising. Decent supporting cast to the team especially from Vietto, Gomez and Chambers.

Weakness: They look one of the weaker sides on paper in the division and did very well to stay up last season outlasting several other top sides including the former champions. If they lose a couple of their best players they will likely struggle. Add to that their GK Pomazan is only rated 82, goals could fly in at the wrong end.

Jahn Regensburg

Strength: Newly promoted and looking to make waves in Div 1. Star Players Suso and Mauricio give them balance both in attack and defence along with a good supporting cast. From the depth and quality of their squad they won't be looking to merely stay up this season, they look ready to mount a title assault and go far in the cup.

Weakness: About to lose star player Goretzka due to an enforced sale and could probably do with a genuine star striker. Striker Dani Schahin (84) had his best season in front of goal last season with 10 goals and 3 assists from 16 games but can he make the grade at the top level?

FC Nordsjaelland

Strength: No real star players but a decent team with a GK who they could be relying on to keep them afloat in the league. Probably the youngest squad in the GW with their oldest players being just 22 years of age! so plenty of room for player rating rises which they have achieved well with in the past. Should have a big war chest to tackle the transfer market with after selling players recently.

Weakness: Ravaged last season by enforced player sales they have a lot of rebuilding to do to replace the star players that left. Only 39 players at the club too which means they are pinning their hopes on a small bunch of players. With the current crop of players they will do well to avoid relegation.

Liverpool de Montevideo

Strength: Star players Cartabia and Jefferson. Strong squad depth and quality to match. In Cartabia they might well have found a playmaker that can lead them to their first league title. They have experience at being in a title race that they narrowly lost and should be there abouts come the end of the season again. One of the favourites for the league and the cup due to their squad depth.

Weakness: Yet to land a league title. Faded fast last season after a good start narrowly missing relegation and choked the season before going in to the last game of the season when top of the table. Can they live up to expectations this season? If they are going to their miss firing strikers Buyuk (4 from 17) and Goulart (6 from 16) are going to have to find the back of the net more often! Could do with a couple more star players to make the difference.

Willem II

Strength: Star player Milanov will be pulling the strings for the newly promoted side but he also has good support around him and a solid keeper to rely on. They won the league once before when unfancied so will fancy their chances of pulling off a shock again!

Weakness: A bit of an unknown quantity - they could surprise and make a title push but just as likely they could find themselves in a relegation scrap. Could do with adding some quality defenders to their ranks as well as hunting for a top notch striker.

UD Logrones

Strength: A very strong side that boasts no less than 5 star players of 86 rating as well as good players to make up the side. Newly promoted by way of automatic promotion rather than division winners but make no mistake this team has to be taken seriously when talking about title contenders. Few will match the strength of their first eleven and with squad depth too they could make a cup run.

Weakness: With five star players on they books they run that fine line of having a superb first team yet are only a small step away from it being devastated by enforced sales. A couple more good players are probably needed any way in case of injures or suspensions but with sales looming the urgency is pressing!

Rayo Vallecano

Strength: Last seasons division 2 champions and possibly on paper this season's favourites for division 1. They too boast five star players and have a very good supporting cast. With four of their stars attacking players goals should not be a problem and is easy to see why they set a GW season best points tally of 39 points last term. Great squad depth that should see them as one of the favourites for the cup too.

Weakness: Their defence isn't as strong as their attacking options and will surely be an area they look to strengthen.

Crewe Alexandra

Strength: Star players Locadia and Casteels. Locadia smashes the goals in at one end whilst Casteels keeps them out at the other. Casteels is one of if not the best GK in the GW at the moment. Good supporting cast to the first team too. With a bit of good fortune they have an outside shout at the title. Again they should be good enough to keep clear of relegation - something they have never had happen to them before!

Weakness: Could do with more depth to the squad as their is not a lot of quality in reserve should it be needed. 3 suspensions to first team players to start the season could prove costly - a bad start and their first ever relegation might be heading their way!

Rochdale

Strength: Star player Stones and a decent supporting cast. Good squad depth should help with absentee's and provide them with enough ammunition to mount a cup run. Whilst the title may be an ask to far reelgation is by no means a certainty with such good depth.

Weakness: Promoted by way of the playoff history tells us they are one of the favourites to go back down. Their GK is perhaps the worst in Div 1 and could be their undoing unless they are able to remedy this. Like most teams few more genuine quality players are needed if they are to take the next step up.

Tip for the title - Rayo Vallecano

Tip for relegation - Muathong United, FC Nordsjaelland, Willem II, Rochdale

Dark Horse - Jahn Regensburg

Division 2

Furth

Strength: Star players Ezekiel and Quintero and a good supporting cast. Good squad depth too which should mean a cup run is on the cards. A quality outfit that wouldn't look out of place in Div1. Should be looking for automatic promotion this season and anything less would surely have to be seen as a failure.

Weakness: Despite looking like a Div 1 side it wasn't enough to keep them there. The problem needs solving if they are to bounce back at the first attempt and getting a couple of quality defenders in to boost the ranks would be a good place to start.

Barcelona B

Strength: No real star players but an OK team. With luck they could make the play off's - if they do it would be some achievement! Under new Management late last season with Gurpal Singh at the helm now, fans will be hoping they have finally found a manager to turn their fortunes around!

Weakness: One of the weaker teams in the division with a lot resting on Kroos' shoulders to pull rabbits out of the hat. General strengthening throughout the side is needed and a better GK is a must to stop the season heading south. Recent investment has been made in the last couple of seasons but much more will be need to turn the clubs fortune around after some quiet times at the club.

Wrexham

Strength: An embarrassment of riches at their disposal boasting five star players and quality throughout the rest of the side. Great squad depth too mean they are serious contenders for not only the Div2 title but also the cup. This team wouldn't just look out of place in Div 1 they would also be the best team in Div1. Ever active in the transfer market this team is well setup for the future.

Weakness: Former Div1 champions relegated the following season. What happened? God only knows. This team is far too good to stay in Div 2 for long but why they got relegated in the first place could end up being the reason they stay there come the end of the season. Some say there has been a Yoko Ono effect going on, others that manager Fred Ziko's educational aspirations have become a priority for this young talented manager. Whatever the reason the fans aren't happy and expect the success he has made them accustomed to in recent seasons!

FC Lugano

Strength: They still have arguably the most successful 87+ manager to date at the helm and along with Adrian and Derley as their star players and a decent team makeup they have a fighting chance to get promoted. Unlucky to miss out on the playoffs last season they will be looking to push on and get back to Div1 where they made a name for themselves. Decent squad depth means they could be a somewhat surprise contender for the cup.

Weakness: Recent seasons haven't been kind to them and another season of disappointment could be looming if a few more quality players don't emerge for them soon.

Zalaegerszegi TE

Strength: Star player Casco and an OK team lineup. If they can get a run together they might push for a playoff place.

Weakness: One of the weaker teams in the division with little quality or depth. Investment in the team is needed badly if club fortunes are to be turned around but a transfer ban currently shackles them from being able to do this. When the ban ends the fans will see whether the manager is the man for the job!

NK Varazdin

Strength: Star player Kurzawa and a good supporting cast make them a contender for automatic promotion. Always active in the market for new talent they give themselves the best chance of rebuilding the team again after enforced sales.

Weakness: Relegated last season spirits will be low. Fans will be gutted to have lost Saul Niguez from an enforced sale but eyebrows will have been raised from the selling of Marko Livaja - Do they need the money to balance the books? General strengthening throughout the side is needed to help the promotion push.

Calcio Como

Strength: Star Players Belfodil, Ferri, Arnold and Murru swell as a good lineup to suit. Another surprise relegation from them last term and will look to get promoted at the first attempt minimum. They have a realistic chance of challenging for the title and are a real contender for the cup too with their quality of depth.

Weakness: A surprise relegation considering the quality they have available suggests the problem lies elsewhere. Fans are starting to question the managers commitment to the cause due to him not been seen at the club for nearly 3 weeks and are also frustrated by the transfer ban they have and the general lack of investment in the club in recent seasons. Can the manager turn them around? Does he still care? Will the board give him more time? This season we will find out!

Stade Brestois

Strength: Star players Vilhena, Praet and Guerreiro and an OK squad depth. Should be in contention for promotion this season whilst also the potential for a cup run.

Weakness: Could do with a better GK and also some real firepower up front or it could be their undoing. Despite a large squad they could also do with being a bit more active in the market to ensure new blood comes through into the first team. Could struggle if several first teamers become unavailable.

Doncaster Rovers

Strength: Star players Bruno, Vadillo, Perez and Van den Bergh as well as a good supporting lineup. The potential is there to make a strong promotion push and should be there a bouts come the end of the season. With the coming together of 4 star players at this moment in time it could be their season. Their newish manager has bedded in for a season now and has done good work in the transfer market by bringing in a lot of fresh new faces to look to the future.

Weakness: Despite several star players they have languished in Div 2 for a while now and are still a work in progress. It will take time for the mangers transfer activity to fully pay off and as such are still in need of several good players to strengthen the first team to make sure they get promoted then stay there. If the stars move on it will be a long hard season for them once more.

AC Siena

Strength: Star players Ocampos, Sararer, Kacaniklic and Romero and a decent supporting lineup. With 4 star players in your team you should always have a chance and thats exactly what they have got. Should be in and around the promotion places as well as a possible cup run due to a decent squad depth.

Weakness: The quality of their GK will be a concern and could play a major factor on whether they do well or not. However the most concerning issue at the club remains the manager who is rarely seen or heard of. Rumours suggest he was about to be sacked by the board late last season but hung on after an 11th hour emergency meeting. Since then though he has not been seen again. Fans have grown beyond restless at this and demand action from the manager both in terms of leadership and in the transfer market or do the honourable thing and walk away from the club. Manager last seen spotted on a beach in Italy sunning himself on a deckchair next to Como's manager!

Tip for the Title - Wrexham

Tip for Promotion - Doncaster Rovers, Furth, AC Siena

Dark Horse - FC Lugano

Well congratulations to Guaratinguta on retaining the division 1 title! Looks like a new dominant force has emeged :eek: Congratulations to Wrexham too in winning Div 2 and Stade Brestois and Lugano on gaining promotion.

I predicted Rayo Vallecano for the title but they fell at the last hurdle to finish second so nearly right! But got Wrexham right as winners of Div 2. I got 3 of the 4 teams to get relegated right Muathong, Willem II and Rochdale but none of the other promoted teams unless Siena win the playoff. Had Regensburg down as the Dark Horse when in fact they turned out to be the Black Sheep :P and Lugano as Div 2 Dark Horse which they lived up to by gaining automatic promotion.