• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 87+ SEASON 12 PREVIEW Below is my rambling Season preview for the upcoming season. As always its just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously Its not up to Stato's (Tranmere) quality of

Re: 87+ SEASON 10 PREVIEW Division 1 Guaratingueta Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last seas

Re: 87+ SEASON 11 PREVIEW Division 1 Rayo Vallecano Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring a

Re: 87+

Is there any spaces in this world. I would like to try this concept.

Buy at 80 or less' date=' sell at 87 ( Does that sum it up).[/quote']

Yep that's it in a nutshell ;)

Thanks for your interest in joining the GW. There are no places available at the moment but I do keep a waiting list so can add you to that If you like?

My in game name is Monkeyshuffl. Friend me in game and let me know its you and I will happily add you to the waiting list and let you know when a club becomes available for you :)

Just realised its the first time Crewe have ever been promoted or relegated in the GW :eek:

They have always been in Div 1 up until now and have now finally been relegated!

All teams have now been relegated and only Crewe have yet to be promoted!

You what Crewe got relegated :eek:

How on earth...... runners up and league winners while i was there :rolleyes:

Hall of Fame Candidates from Stade Bretois:

Tonny Vilhena: League Apps: 129

jordi Masip: League Apps 131

Come on folks get looking at your player stats and see if any one is good enough to make the Hall of Fame!

I still think Raphael Holzhauser 133 career games should be there as doesn't include any games as a sub :P

Uros Cosic is number 10 on the appearances list and has player 136 times in total (substitute appearances count) so none of these qualify :P but I'm glad you both tried for if people don't the Hall of Fame will be a bit $hit really:)

Well done I need to do something about my wage bill its killing me :eek:

Yeah me too lol, I though I had trimmed my squad this season but when I looked it turns out its still on the rise :eek:

My wages now stand at 1,944,760 which is a crazy amount to be losing every game especially when I'm winning jack :o

In other news Tranmere has kindly said that he will do the upcoming season preview, which I for one look forward to reading :)

SEASON 10 PREVIEW

Division 1

Guaratingueta

Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last season taking full advantage of Rayo Vallecano's defeat. Star players Jimenez and Westwood are supported by numerous other good players including the headache of having two of the best goalkeepers around in Giefer and Rulli. Should mount a serious title defence...and talking about defence, people say they have a brick wall in front of their goal after conceding 11 goals in 18 games last year! :eek:

Weakness: Not a lot of weakness to be found in their squad, the only concern for them is that nobody has managed to win the title 3 times on the run...can they be the 1st team to achieve such greatness?

Division 1 Titles: 2

Division 2 Titles: 2

Cup Winners: 0

Rayo Vallecano

Strength: Last seasons runner up finishing with the most wins (11). On paper one of this season's favourites for the title. They boast five star players: Hofmann, Jonny, Klaassen, Calhanoglu and Boetius and have a very good supporting cast, their great squad depth means that we should see them as one of the favourites for the cup too.

Weakness: The disappointment of being 1st and falling to 2nd in the last game of the season will be huge and it will be interesting to see how the players and manager react to missing out to Guaratingueta. They could do with a couple of star centre backs but rumour has it that they are in debt.

Division 1 Titles: 0

Division 2 Titles: 1

UD Logrones

Strength: A strong side that boasts no less than 5 star players of 86 rating: Carrasco, Gunter, Silva, Holzhauzer and Malanda. Was in the title mix for most of last season but chocked towards the end with 3 defeats in 4 games meaning they finished 3rd. Managed the same amount of wins (10) as champions Guaratigueta and had the second best strikeforce in the division scoring 36 goals. Polter was the main reason for that, grabing the Golden Boot with his 13 goals, and on top of that Holzhauzer was named Player of the Season.

Weakness: Could do with a better goalkeeper and a few more quality players so that they can support their 5 stars and give them a better squad depth otherwise they might find it hard to match the high standards they set last year.

Division 2 Titles: 0

Liverpool de Montevideo

Strength: Star players Cartabia and Jefferson. Very strong squad depth and quality as they have got the biggest squad around and the most highly valued one aswell. Scored the most goals (38) out of both divisions last year and also showed great form towards the end of the season gathering 15 points out of a possible 18. Promising signs, one of the favourites for the league and the cup which is down to the fact that they have so many options available to them.

Weakness: They still haven't managed to live up to expectations and win a league title, is the pressure too much for them to handle ? Don't seem to have steady results during a season.

Cup Winners: 2

FC Nordsjaelland

Strength: Did great to stay up last season against the odds. No real star players they could be relying on Karius, Insua, Dybala and Bigirimana to keep them afloat in the league. Probably the youngest squad in the GW with their oldest players being just 22 years of age so the potential is definitely there!

Weakness: They have the weakest squad in the division. Only 44 players at the club too which means they are pinning their hopes on a small bunch of players. With the current crop of players the only thing in their mind should be to avoid relegation, a tough task!

Cup Winners: 1

Jahn Regensburg

Strength: Star Players Suso and Mauricio along with a good supporting cast. Managed to stay up last year after being newly promoted. Blessed in the central defence area!

Weakness: They need to find a genuine star striker to support Dani Schahin. Although their defence looks strong on paper, their players didn't perform last year allowing them to concede 36 goals, meaning they were letting in an average of 2 goals per game. They finished just out of the relegation zone and stats are pointing to a hard season ahead as they had the 2nd worst defence and attack (and goal difference in general). Also currently serving a transfer ban, they could end up in a relegation scrap!

Wrexham

Strength: Division 1 champions in season 7, relegated in season 8 and now returning to the big stage after being crowned division 2 champions with an impressive end to the season (just 1 defeat in 13 games)in season 9...what awaits them in season 10 ? Managed the most wins in division 2 (10), scored the most goals (37) and had the 2nd best defence conceding 22. Looking at the team it boasts five star players: Bardi, Fabinho, Ward-Prowse, O.Torres and Veltman plus quality throughout the rest of the side. Great squad depth too mean they are serious contenders for not only the Division 1 title but also the cup.

Weakness: Another team looking to strengthen their options in the centre of defence, but besides that, not much else to mention.

Division 1 Titles: 1

Stade Brestois

Strength: Division 2 runners-up will be looking forward to the new challenge ahead of them. Star players Vilhena, Praet and Guerreiro and an ok squad depth.

Weakness: They need a better goalkeeper and also two or three star forwards as they look light in the firepower department. Although they have a big squad they could struggle.

FC Lugano

Strength: They still have arguably the most successful 87+ manager to date and along with Adrian and Derley as their star players and a decent team they managed to gain automatic promotion in dramatic fashion on the last day of the season beating Varazdin who they sent to the play offs.They will be looking to bring the glory days back but that just might need a bit more time.

Weakness: Got quite good depth but could do with one or two additional stars in their team in order to realy make a difference in Division 1.

Division 1 Titles: 3

NK Varazdin

Strength: Gained promotion last season after coming from behind to beat Siena in the Play Off Final. Star player Kurzawa and an ok supporting cast. Always active in the market for new talent.

Weakness:The target for this season should be to avoid relegation, and then whatever comes on top of that will be seen as a bonus as the squad needs general strengthening, but more importantly they will be searching for a CB, a striker and a winger.

Division 2

Rochdale

Strength: Star players Stones and Ramalho plus a decent supporting cast. Good squad depth should help them mount a cup run. Ever active in the transfer market. Automatic promotion is the target after getting relegated last season by just 1 place and a 1 win difference from safety.

Weakness: In desperate need of a new goalkeeper as they have the worst one in the division. Could do with a few more stars in order to challenge for the title.

Muangthong United

Strength: Star player Mitrovic will be the player they will be relying on to bang in the goals in order for them to make a swift return to division 1. Decent supporting cast from Vietto, Gomez and Chambers.

Weakness: Could do with more quality depth to their side because if they lose a couple of their best players they will likely struggle. Their goalkeeper needs to be replaced at some point, as last season goals where flying past them for fun...a record 44 goals were conceded leading to 8 loses on the final 11 games. If they don't sort out their defensive problem that got them relegated then it might be another tough season.

Crewe Alexandra

Strength: Casteels and Locadia are their crown jewels and they also have six 85 rated players alongside them. The play offs are achievable in most people's eyes.

Weakness: They have no experiance in division 2 as this is the first time that they have ever been relegated. Lowest scorers in division one with 23 goals, lost 5 of their last 6 matches last season. Need much more depth as they could find themselves exposed if first teamers get suspended or injured. Could do with bringing a few quality defenders in.

Willem II

Strength: Star player Locadia alongside the likes of Leali, Yago, Ucan and Stevanovic will be their main weapons in order to bounce back to division 1.

Weakness: Could do with more depth to the squad as there is not a lot of quality in reserve should it be needed. Finished the season bottom of division 1 only managing to stay there for 1 year and could miss out on promotion this time around if they don't find additional options to their first team!

AC Siena

Strength: Star players Ocampos, Sararer, Kacaniklic and Romero and a decent supporting cast. Lost 2-1 in the play off final against Varazdin despite going 1-0 up and also lost the cup final with the same scoreline against Zalaegerszegi. So close but yet so far away for Noisy who took over the clubs fortunes last season. Should be in and around the promotion places as well as a possible cup run due to a decent squad depth. Strong midfield and forward line.

Weakness: The quality of their defence and their goalkeeper should be the main concern. The players confidence levels should be low after missing out so cruely on both fronts last year.

Greuther Furth

Strength: Star players Ezekiel and Quintero who last year scored 11 goals and toped the division 2 charts plus a good supporting cast. A late surge that saw them win 4 out of their last 5 games wasn't enough for them last season as they finished 1 place and 1 point away from the play offs. Should be looking for automatic promotion this season and will be counting on their attacking threat that saw them score 32 goals last season, the 2nd best tally after champions Wrexham.

Weakness: Not much as they look like a well balanced side in all areas of the pitch.

Calcio Como

Strength: Star Players Belfodil, Ferri, Arnold and Murru aswell as a very good lineup to suit. Last year's Charity Shield winners would look more suitable for Division 1 and should be challenging for the title this year. A good cup run is also on the cards due to the quality of the squad's depth. Had the best defence in the league last season conceding only 20 goals.

Weakness: It seems that Como have been underachieving for some time now as they chocked towards the end of last season managing 1 win in the last 6 games meaning that one of the teams many people had backed for promotion didn't even make the play offs. The main reason for this was the huge attacking problem they had scoring the fewest goals out of any other team in both divisions (18)

Zalaegerszegi TE

Strength: The 87+ cup winners who raised a few eyebrows last year by lifting the trophy have star players Casco and Bigas but not much support.

Weakness: One of the weaker teams in the division with little quality or depth. Only Barcelona B conceded more goals than them last season. Went on a terrible run finishing the campaign with 6 defeats out of 7 games. A new goalkeeper is an absolute must plus top quality strikers if they are to avoid a disappointing season.

Doncaster Rovers

Strength: Star players Bruno, Vadillo, Perez and Van den Bergh as well as a good supporting cast. They are expected to make a strong promotion push!

Weakness: Despite several star players they have languished in Division 2 for a while now without managing to gain promotion. Coming from a very unsuccesful season which saw them ending up second to last finishing the camping with just 1 win out of the final 7 games.

Barcelona B

Strength: No real star players except Kroos. Under manager Gurpal Singh they have been constantly improving their squad though and adding new talent, the potential is there for him to turn around their fortunes in the long term.

Weakness: The weakest team out of both divisions with a lot resting on Kroos' shoulders to pull rabbits out of the hat. General strengthening in all areas except central midfield is needed. Had a miserable season last term finishing bottom of the table only managing 2 wins and gathering 11 points. Their defence seemed to be on holiday mode conceding an astonishing 42 goals while their attack didn't do much better scoring the 2nd lowest amount of 20. Promotion doesn't look a realistic possibility for them this year.

SEASON 10 PREVIEW

Liverpool de Montevideo

Strength: Star players Cartabia and Jefferson. Very strong squad depth and quality as they have got the biggest squad around and the most highly valued one aswell. Scored the most goals (38) out of both divisions last year and also showed great form towards the end of the season gathering 15 points out of a possible 18. Promising signs' date=' one of the favourites for the league and the cup which is down to the fact that they have so many options available to them.

Weakness: They still haven't managed to live up to expectations and win a league title, is the pressure too much for them to handle ? Don't seem to have steady results during a season.

[/quote']

Superb preview from Tranmere this season. Really like the way you look at the stats of last season too and know that must have taken a while to write up ;) great analysis of all teams and will be interesting to see whether teams live up to or even exceed expectations! Cant rep highly enough!

I didn't realise my team were scoring so much as I always feel we need more goals lol. True that we haven't quite delivered yet in the league and that our results are too unpredictable at the moment to change that :( But a new season brings new hope :)

SEASON 10 PREVIEW

Division 1

FC Lugano

Strength: They still have arguably the most successful 87+ manager to date and along with Adrian and Derley as their star players and a decent team they managed to gain automatic promotion in dramatic fashion on the last day of the season beating Varazdin who they sent to the play offs.They will be looking to bring the glory days back but that just might need a bit more time.

Weakness: Got quite good depth but could do with one or two additional stars in their team in order to realy make a difference in Division 1.

Division 1 Titles: 3

Yes agreed can't rep this time consuming analysis enough, very well done Tranmere :):):)

As it's Week 1 tomorrow? May I venture that 87+ should take this Week 1 opportunity to get rid of concerns.

I would be suprised if any manager is against this as basically 87+ GW is a scouting / trading game & is BEING RUINED by SM/SW lethargy/inability in re-rating players that deserve to have been re-rated ages ago. It's still an even playing field for us all, just takes the unfairness of losing players through no fault of the owning manager.

Anybody disagree???