Re: 87+

As it's Week 1 tomorrow? May I venture that 87+ should take this Week 1 opportunity to get rid of concerns.

I would be suprised if any manager is against this as basically 87+ GW is a scouting / trading game & is BEING RUINED by SM/SW lethargy/inability in re-rating players that deserve to have been re-rated ages ago. It's still an even playing field for us all' date=' just takes the unfairness of losing players through no fault of the owning manager.

Anybody disagree???[/quote']

I think I'm going to disagree :eek::P

It hasn't really affected me until season 9 and that's with the largest squad in the GW too. My chairman sold a few players which probably should have gone sooner and the only one worth keeping was the one you put an offer in for and I decided to pay him off and keep him as he should rise and could become a first teamer.

I have 185 players I think and it hasn't hit me too hard and if someone chooses to have such a massive squad I think its good to have things like the concerns and the hit of the wages to help slow things down.

In a funny way I think SM changing how they do player rating reviews has actually helped the GW. When the GW launched we still were told what league was next and then rushed out to buy from that country, but a few months in that was scrapped and now we don't know when players will get reviewed so have to stockpile players earlier so as not to miss the risers.

Before we would have been able to buy and sell economically raising are club funds quite easily. I expected that to happen and thought people would end up bidding large amounts in bidding wars for newly added players due to the excess of money generated but that in turn would somewhat keep that in check. Now however due to buying players earlier than perhaps they would have done before wages are crippling clubs like mine and several clubs have gone into debt at some stage which brings a different but interesting challenge to managing or teams.

I see the concerns as just another element to try to balance our teams. We can still stop players leaving even if we don't use them but I feel rightly so that that should come at a cost.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 87+ SEASON 12 PREVIEW Below is my rambling Season preview for the upcoming season. As always its just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously Its not up to Stato's (Tranmere) quality of

Re: 87+ SEASON 10 PREVIEW Division 1 Guaratingueta Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last seas

Re: 87+ SEASON 11 PREVIEW Division 1 Rayo Vallecano Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring a

As it's Week 1 tomorrow? May I venture that 87+ should take this Week 1 opportunity to get rid of concerns.

I would be suprised if any manager is against this as basically 87+ GW is a scouting / trading game & is BEING RUINED by SM/SW lethargy/inability in re-rating players that deserve to have been re-rated ages ago. It's still an even playing field for us all' date=' just takes the unfairness of losing players through no fault of the owning manager.

[b']Anybody disagree???[/b]

Me. Just because I have the worst squad in the gw and less transfer funds for top prospects :P:P:D

I think I'm going to disagree :eek::P

It hasn't really affected me until season 9 and that's with the largest squad in the GW too. My chairman sold a few players which probably should have gone sooner and the only one worth keeping was the one you put an offer in for and I decided to pay him off and keep him as he should rise and could become a first teamer.

I have 185 players I think and it hasn't hit me too hard and if someone chooses to have such a massive squad I think its good to have things like the concerns and the hit of the wages to help slow things down.

In a funny way I think SM changing how they do player rating reviews has actually helped the GW. When the GW launched we still were told what league was next and then rushed out to buy from that country' date=' but a few months in that was scrapped and now we don't know when players will get reviewed so have to stockpile players earlier so as not to miss the risers.

Before we would have been able to buy and sell economically raising are club funds quite easily. I expected that to happen and thought people would end up bidding large amounts in bidding wars for newly added players due to the excess of money generated but that in turn would somewhat keep that in check. Now however due to buying players earlier than perhaps they would have done before wages are crippling clubs like mine and several clubs have gone into debt at some stage which brings a different but interesting challenge to managing or teams.

I see the concerns as just another element to try to balance our teams. We can still stop players leaving even if we don't use them but I feel rightly so that that should come at a cost.[/quote']

Me. Just because I have the worst squad in the gw and less transfer funds for top prospects :P:P:D

Interesting perspective 87+ hadn't thought that deeply, can see where your coming from. Suppose that helps me with over 100mil in the bank & pressure on others. Just find SM/SW annoying I suppose. I thought if anyone disagreed the idea would be a non-runner.

Interesting perspective 87+ hadn't thought that deeply' date=' can see where your coming from. Suppose that helps me with over 100mil in the bank & pressure on others. Just find SM/SW annoying I suppose. I thought if anyone disagreed the idea would be a non-runner.[/quote']

Yeah your in a good spot with all that money. I still can't get my my head around how you have made so much :eek:

I wonder if the top transfer record of...

Samuel Umtiti..............Stade Brestois...............16.4

...can ever be beaten. Now that we have better players the sell on value has shrunk. Getting over 10m now I think is huge and something I haven't managed to do or get any where near so to beat 16.4 looks unbeatable.

Its somewhat depressing to sell one of my best players for 7-8m knowing that it will get swallowed up in 3-4 weeks wages :(

I can only hope that the player rating reviews come sooner rather than later, 2 seasons ago we saw quite a number of teams weakened by their top players leaving. While last season they were very much limited in terms of rating change. I do have an odd riser pushing to the early/mid 80s so it might help a wee bit. Hopefully they leave my top players alone.

Yes I understand my team needs some good quality depth, but my top 20 best rated players were probably from predecessor, so I cannot change that, while those that I have bought are on the fringes of 80 or in the early 80s at best.

Good luck to all for the new season. :)

I can only hope that the player rating reviews come sooner rather than later

Good luck to all for the new season. :)

WoW! You ARE an optimist footie :) Good luck to you too this season. :)

Siena have got a real beauty in Rolando Aarons :D

You certainly have, just too late to the party or I would have out-bid you I'm certain.

SEASON 10 PREVIEW

Division 1

Guaratingueta

Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last season taking full advantage of Rayo Vallecano's defeat. Star players Jimenez and Westwood are supported by numerous other good players including the headache of having two of the best goalkeepers around in Giefer and Rulli. Should mount a serious title defence...and talking about defence' date=' people say they have a brick wall in front of their goal after conceding 11 goals in 18 games last year! :eek:

Weakness: Not a lot of weakness to be found in their squad, the only concern for them is that nobody has managed to win the title 3 times on the run...can they be the 1st team to achieve such greatness?

Division 1 Titles: 2

Division 2 Titles: 2

Cup Winners: 0

[/quote']

Excellent review on all teams B)

Guaratingueta are certainly going to try and become the first team to win the league 3 times on the run.

I am so proud of my players for coming back to win it this season, especially after 'artichoke gate' ;)

You are correct, we have built the success of the last 2 seasons on defence. 36 games played, 25goals conceded (11 in season 9, 14 in season 8) and a goal difference of 36.

Looking back through the GW history, the previous best goals against figure, for a team winning the top league, was 20 for FC Lugano in Season 4.

Also our goal difference of 20 this year is also the best yet achieved, this beats the 18 achieved by Calcio Como in the very first season.

Sorry to be a bit of a 'stato' but I am so impressed with this squad. :)

Just feel we have to score more as we are drawing too many games, just need to find the right balance. Good luck to everyone in season 10.

I can only hope that the player rating reviews come sooner rather than later' date=' 2 seasons ago we saw quite a number of teams weakened by their top players leaving.

[/quote']

Fear it may be later :( Grand total of 17 players rerated in last 2 days :eek: Not sure what the latest excuse is - transfer window, summer holidays or resources being put into the single player game. :confused:

WoW! You ARE an optimist footie :) Good luck to you too this season. :)

Well I can only hope my players rise rather than drop and even if it means hitting 87' date=' I wouldn't mind as I would have extra cash to buy more players even if it means that my squad is weakened.

Fear it may be later :( Grand total of 17 players rerated in last 2 days :eek: Not sure what the latest excuse is - transfer window, summer holidays or resources being put into the single player game. :confused:

If it those 17 players do not hit 87, it should be good news, unless you have a huge chunk of 84-86 on concerns then you should start selling. :eek:

Guaratingueta are certainly going to try and become the first team to win the league 3 times on the run.

I am so proud of my players for coming back to win it this season' date=' especially after 'artichoke gate' ;)

You are correct, we have built the success of the last 2 seasons on defence. 36 games played, 25goals conceded (11 in season 9, 14 in season 8) and a goal difference of 36.

Looking back through the GW history, the previous best goals against figure, for a team winning the top league, was 20 for FC Lugano in Season 4.

Also our goal difference of 20 this year is also the best yet achieved, this beats the 18 achieved by Calcio Como in the very first season.

Just feel we have to score more as we are drawing too many games, just need to find the right balance. Good luck to everyone in season 10.[/quote']

I tried looking into getting you thrown out of the league after your artichoke shenanigans but was advised that keeping you in is a good excuse for my own failings :o

Loving all the stato stuff going on recently :):):)

Loving all the stato stuff going on recently :):):)

Heres a few more then :P

Most points to win Div 1

Season 1 - 38 - Como

Season 7 - 37 - Wrexham

Least points to win Div 1

Season 4 - 31 - Lugano

Season 6 - 31 - Crewe

Most Games won to win Div 1

Season 1 - 12 - Como

Season 7 - 12 - Wrexham

Most Goals scored to win Div 1

Season 1 - 46 - Como

Season 7 - 45 - Wrexham

Least goals scored to win Div 1

Season 4 - 30 - Lugano

Season 8 - 30 - Guaratingueta

Most goals conceded to win Div 1

Season 7 - 32 - Wrexham

Season 4 - 29 - Lugano

Season 2 - 29 - Crewe

Least goals conceded to win Div 1

Season 8 - 11 - Guaratingueta

Season 9 - 14 - Guaratingueta

Season 4 - 20 - Lugano

Most games lost to win Div 1

Season 2 - 5 - Lugano

Season 4 - 5 - Lugano

Season 6 - 5 - Crewe

Season 7 - 5 - Wrexham

Least games lost to win Div 1

Season 8 - 2 - Guaratingueta

Season 9 - 2 - Guaratingueta

Some of these really surprised me, a big difference in what can win the league.

If it those 17 players do not hit 87' date=' it should be good news, unless you have a huge chunk of 84-86 on concerns then you should start selling. :eek:[/quote']

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear, the 17 risers were for the whole database, that's all the changes SM managed to make in 2 days :eek:

I wish all 17 were in my squad :P We only seem to be getting low risers at the minute because no top leagues getting any players done.

Heres a few more then :P

Most points to win Div 1

Season 1 - 38 - Como

Season 7 - 37 - Wrexham

Least points to win Div 1

Season 4 - 31 - Lugano

Season 6 - 31 - Crewe

Most Games won to win Div 1

Season 1 - 12 - Como

Season 7 - 12 - Wrexham

Most Goals scored to win Div 1

Season 1 - 46 - Como

Season 7 - 45 - Wrexham

Least goals scored to win Div 1

Season 4 - 30 - Lugano

Season 8 - 30 - Guaratingueta

Most goals conceded to win Div 1

Season 7 - 32 - Wrexham

Season 4 - 29 - Lugano

Season 2 - 29 - Crewe

Least goals conceded to win Div 1

Season 8 - 11 - Guaratingueta

Season 9 - 14 - Guaratingueta

Season 4 - 20 - Lugano

Most games lost to win Div 1

Season 2 - 5 - Lugano

Season 4 - 5 - Lugano

Season 6 - 5 - Crewe

Season 7 - 5 - Wrexham

Least games lost to win Div 1

Season 8 - 2 - Guaratingueta

Season 9 - 2 - Guaratingueta

Some of these really surprised me' date=' a big difference in what can win the league.[/quote']

Great stuff ;) Like you say some big differences there especially in goals scored and conceded :eek: 5 games lost to win Div 1 is quite surprising too as there's only 18 games yet its happened often. Whats the least games won to win Div 1?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMNET

I have changed the must login GW rule to 14 days instead of 21.

14 days is way more than enough unless you are on holiday for a couple of weeks in a cave in parts yet to be explored by mankind and find yourself with no internet access. In which case let me know and you wont lose your club :)

Great stuff ;) Like you say some big differences there especially in goals scored and conceded :eek: 5 games lost to win Div 1 is quite surprising too as there's only 18 games yet its happened often. Whats the least games won to win Div 1?

Least games won is 9 (50%) which has happened on 3 occasions. This figure should give people hope if they don't get off to a good start this season :)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMNET

I have changed the must login GW rule to 14 days instead of 21.

14 days is way more than enough unless you are on holiday for a couple of weeks in a cave in parts yet to be explored by mankind and find yourself with no internet access. In which case let me know and you wont lose your club :)

Excellent should be the default in all gameworlds I mean if you can't login within 14 days then you are not really interested.

I am so proud of my players for coming back to win it this season' date=' especially after 'artichoke gate' ;)

Just feel we have to score more as we are drawing too many games, just need to find the right balance. Good luck to everyone in season 10.[/quote']

Yes agreed can't rep this time consuming analysis enough' date=' very well done Tranmere :):):)[/quote']
Superb preview from Tranmere this season. Really like the way you look at the stats of last season too and know that must have taken a while to write up ;) great analysis of all teams and will be interesting to see whether teams live up to or even exceed expectations! Cant rep highly enough!

I didn't realise my team were scoring so much as I always feel we need more goals lol. True that we haven't quite delivered yet in the league and that our results are too unpredictable at the moment to change that :( But a new season brings new hope :)

Fantastic preview Tranmere - great work !!

Thanks guys! :)

I'm actually having a good pre season at the moment which never normally happens for me - Ive won 2 from 2 when I normally lose or draw them all.

I may have peaked to early :o

Preseason isn't good gauge, I am giving some new signings a run out, hoping to prove their worth for the new season, even if they up against stronger teams in preseason.

My experiment was a failure. I don't know how many exactly, but I tried out a lot of players. I said I was going to play youngstars and fringe players and mostly did. Should've maybe stuck to that, because I was great at the start. My only problem was scoring. I have plenty of options but none could net. Perquis in goal was amazing for me though.

I pm'd one manager asking if he would like to trade clubs. That's open to anyone else too. Is there a manager waiting to join? I've said I'm going to quit.