• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 87+ SEASON 12 PREVIEW Below is my rambling Season preview for the upcoming season. As always its just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously Its not up to Stato's (Tranmere) quality of

Re: 87+ SEASON 10 PREVIEW Division 1 Guaratingueta Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last seas

Re: 87+ SEASON 11 PREVIEW Division 1 Rayo Vallecano Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring a

Re: 87+

My experiment was a failure. I don't know how many exactly' date=' but I tried out a lot of players. I said I was going to play youngstars and fringe players and mostly did. Should've maybe stuck to that, because I was great at the start. My only problem was scoring. I have plenty of options but none could net. Perquis in goal was amazing for me though.

I pm'd one manager asking if he would like to trade clubs. That's open to anyone else too. Is there a manager waiting to join? I've said I'm going to quit.[/quote']

There's now 6 on the waiting list mate. So if you feel your time is up, now would be a good time as its pre season. I'm surprised you stayed so long as I do remember you talking of leaving some time ago now. Its been great having you involved especially your funny press announcements and you have the prestige of being the first 87+ division 1 winner :) Hopefully in time you will recharge your batteries and get the itch to return as it would be good to see you involved again one day ;):)

I keep coming to this thread thinking it's the 35+ thread :|

Anyway' date=' I'd like to declare my interest in this GW in case a spot comes free :D[/quote']

You fell for my cunning plan :P

Yeah sure there is a waiting list by I will add your name to it and let you know when your opportunity arises :)

BEST GAME WORLD MANAGERS OF ALL TIME (Updated at the end of each season) (* denotes former manager of)

Pos...Manager Name..........Pts...Avg Pts...Games...Club

1......fred ziko.................425....2.25.......189.........Wrexham

2......Tony Baldo..............425....2.24.......190.........Como

3......Monkeyshuffl...........415....2.14.......194.........Liverpool de Montevideo

No real reason for this post, only the fact that i just realised i've got top spot :DB)

I've said I'm going to quit.

End of an era as the only manager Como has ever known left the stadium as manger for the last time.

Tony Baldo one of the longest serving managers the GW who had joined at the very start and went on to win the Division 1 title in the first season stepped down as manger after deciding he could take the club no further.

Thanks for your efforts Tony and all the best ;)

With the first game of the new season only a couple of days away Como have wasted no time in appointing their new manger muallan.

Welcome to the GW mate and good luck with your new club :)

Can you bring the glory days back? :eek:

No real reason for this post' date=' only the fact that i just realised i've got top spot :DB)[/quote']

And if you reorder the list into average points per game, you are 3rd :P

Best Game World Managers Of All Time

Manager............Points .Ave Pts....Games..Club

David Garvock.....346 ....2.29........ 151 ....FC Nordsjaelland

Christopher Riley..320 ....2.27 ........141 ....Guaratinguetá

fred ziko.............425 ....2.25........ 189 ....Wrexham

Tony Baldo..........425 ....2.24 ........190 ....Calcio Como

Monkeyshuffl.......415 ....2.14 ........194 ....Liverpool de Montevideo

bruno pinto.........387 ....2.08 ........186 ....Jahn Regensburg

David Scriven......409 ....2.08 ........197 ....FC Lugano

Ian Donegan.......296 ....1.80 ........164 ....Stade Brestois

D B...................321 ....1.79 ........179 ....Muangthong United

Adam Whitworth..313 ....1.76........ 178 ....Rochdale

Happy to be the new Como manager' date=' hopefully I can bring success to this club.

:)[/font']

Good Luck ;)

And if you reorder the list into average points per game' date=' you are 3rd :P

Best Game World Managers Of All Time

Manager............Points .Ave Pts....Games..Club

David Garvock.....346 ....2.29........ 151 ....FC Nordsjaelland

Christopher Riley..320 ....2.27 ........141 ....Guaratinguetá

fred ziko.............425 ....2.25........ 189 ....Wrexham

Tony Baldo..........425 ....2.24 ........190 ....Calcio Como

Monkeyshuffl.......415 ....2.14 ........194 ....Liverpool de Montevideo

bruno pinto.........387 ....2.08 ........186 ....Jahn Regensburg

David Scriven......409 ....2.08 ........197 ....FC Lugano

Ian Donegan.......296 ....1.80 ........164 ....Stade Brestois

D B...................321 ....1.79 ........179 ....Muangthong United

Adam Whitworth..313 ....1.76........ 178 ....Rochdale

Good Luck ;)[/quote']

Yeah I might rearrange it next time I update it as average pts is a better gage at how good a manager has done than points although someone might have the best points average but SM wont put them on the list if they are not in the top 10 overall points so it is a bit flawed :rolleyes:

It would be simpler to all agree that I am the greatest of all time and not worry about it :D

Just noticed I have drawn an easy group in the SMFA Champions cup.

Real Madrid

Juventus

Athletico Madrid

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Should win the competition with that easy start, bad Management otherwise :P

Monkeyshuffl steered Liverpool de Montevideo to victory against NK Varaždin.

Liverpool de Montevideo beat NK Varaždin 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Mugni scored the winner for Liverpool de Montevideo and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Liverpool de Montevideo have now won 5 games in a row after beating NK Varaždin setting a new club record. :eek::D

We got a bit lucky me thinks :D

Although we had the better possession they battered our goal yet some how we escaped with the win :P:D

oooh Sandro Ramirez in demand :D

Admittedly I logged in and though who the $£*! is he :o

Looks like he could be a goodun now that he has made an appearance for Barca in real life. I possibly would sell him though I don't know that anyone can offer enough :P

In other news Napoli scraped a 1-1 draw against us in a game where we had the better possession and shots :eek:

Just hope my chairman doesn't realise that the assistant is doing a better job of it than me :o:p

Fred Ziko steered Wrexham to victory against Guaratinguetá.

Wrexham beat Guaratinguetá 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Bardi had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Ward-prowse was on the scoresheet for his side.

Delighted with the result against the champions, still havent conceded a single goal yet with Bardi getting off to a tremendous start. The only minus was an injury to Veltman who will miss the top of the table clash against Rayo Vallecano who are the only team to match our six points.

Monkeyshuffl earned a draw with Liverpool de Montevideo against Jahn Regensburg.

Liverpool de Montevideo dominated much of the play against Jahn Regensburg but could only manage a 1 - 1 draw in their Division 1 fixture.

Melano was on the scoresheet for his side.

Disappointing result and a bit of a scrape to get it in the end. 4 points from two games though so in the mix near the top of the table :)

Sold a few fringe players off to generate funds and have brought a few new faces to the club. This could prove costly with the cup approaching were we have struggled in recent seasons. This season we will probabaly fair no better with our second team slowly being picked off to balance the books.

Will Guaratingueta face the curse of Winning Div1 then getting relegated like others before have?

Will high flyers Wrexham go on to win Div 1 after winning Div 2 the season before like others before have?

Long way to go but stats have shown no one has lost more than 5 games and gone on to win Div 1 so the 3 peat by Guaratingueta looks on shaky ground already :P

[move]

[/move][move]

DONCASTER DISMISS GOULDIE

[/move]

Doncaster coach became the latest managerial casualty when after a 3rd straight loss the Doncaster board finally lost patience and sacked him.

Jimmy Gouldie agreed that the team performances were poor and ultimately he must take the responsibility.

Before leaving he wished the incoming manager good fortune with the team and gave his best wishes and regards to all those competing in the Game World.

Huge result for us tonight beating Rayo Vallecano 4-5, we've got 6 points away from home against last years top 2 sides so really happy with the performances. Parlak scored 4 goals out of 5 and i decided to give Zoller a start because every time he rewards me with a good contribution although he is rated 83, he had 2 assists today. Ward-Prowse was voted man of the match with 1 goal and 1 assist. A bye to look forward to in the cup now and then back to the league which we are top of with 3 wins out of 3, long may it continue!

The Doncaster Board of Directors has acted swiftly and appointed Brian Holland formerly of Zalaegerszegi TE. "I am happy to be here" Holland was quoted as saying. "I will take a few days to review the squad and determine who we need and who doesn't fit the (wage) bill."

Manager Holland also had a question- "I seem to have forgotten, are we allowed to buy 80 rated players, or is the cap at 79? Thank you, that is all."

The Doncaster Board of Directors has acted swiftly and appointed Brian Holland formerly of Zalaegerszegi TE. "I am happy to be here" Holland was quoted as saying. "I will take a few days to review the squad and determine who we need and who doesn't fit the (wage) bill."

Manager Holland also had a question- "I seem to have forgotten' date=' are we allowed to buy 80 rated players, or is the cap at 79? Thank you, that is all."[/quote']

you are allowed to buy rated 80 players.