Re: 87+

The Doncaster Board of Directors has acted swiftly and appointed Brian Holland formerly of Zalaegerszegi TE. "I am happy to be here" Holland was quoted as saying. "I will take a few days to review the squad and determine who we need and who doesn't fit the (wage) bill."

Manager Holland also had a question- "I seem to have forgotten' date=' are we allowed to buy 80 rated players, or is the cap at 79? Thank you, that is all."[/quote']

you are allowed to buy rated 80 players.

Welcome back to the GW mate. I would recommend you check out the OP on the thread to familiarize yourself again with the rules ;)

You have a pretty good team at Doncaster with 4 players rated 86 yet the team has been in a gradual decline for some time now performance wise (looking at the manager history - average points). It will be interesting to see if you can turn their fortunes around as you had a succesful spell at Zalaegerzegi where you won the Div 2 title and averaged over 2 points a game in just over 3 seasons service :)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 87+ SEASON 12 PREVIEW Below is my rambling Season preview for the upcoming season. As always its just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously Its not up to Stato's (Tranmere) quality of

Re: 87+ SEASON 10 PREVIEW Division 1 Guaratingueta Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last seas

Re: 87+ SEASON 11 PREVIEW Division 1 Rayo Vallecano Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring a

Just noticed I have drawn an easy group in the SMFA Champions cup.

Real Madrid

Juventus

Athletico Madrid

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Should win the competition with that easy start' date=' bad Management otherwise :P[/quote']

Christopher Riley steered Guaratinguetá to victory against Juventus.

Guaratinguetá beat Juventus 3 - 2 in their SMFA Champions Cup Group A fixture.

Alison, Sakho and Altinay were amongst the goalscorers.:P:p

If it wasn't for the fact Guaratingueta lost their 3rd game in a row I would be asking for these games to be replayed :P

You sir appear to have a problem with me and have offended my honour, you are nothing but a bounder.

My second will visit you in the morning and I challenge you to fisticuffs on the village green.:mad:

You sir appear to have a problem with me and have offended my honour' date=' you are nothing but a bounder.

My second will visit you in the morning and I challenge you to fisticuffs on the village green.:mad:[/quote']

You sir are are just puckering. We all know you are nothing but a skipper, a rampsman and a lushington!

I will warm up with a early morning matchof Whiff-Waff before giving you the dewskitch of your life!

After which I will have my hounds chase you down and presented to the Rozzers where you will be in ruffles before tea time. From there you will be in lumber where your nancy will be acquainted with the other lags nebuchadnezzar's!

Where as I will be sipping afternoon tea and dabbing Scone crumbs from my impressive moustache at the local church fete!

You sir are are just puckering. We all know you are nothing but a skipper' date=' a rampsman and a lushington!

I will warm up with a early morning matchof Whiff-Waff before giving you the dewskitch of your life!

After which I will have my hounds chase you down and presented to the Rozzers where you will be in ruffles before tea time. From there you will be in lumber where your nancy will be acquainted with the other lags nebuchadnezzar's!

Where as I will be sipping afternoon tea and dabbing Scone crumbs from my impressive moustache at the local church fete!

Whatever :P

Monkeyshuffl was unable to prevent a Liverpool de Montevideo defeat to Barcelona B.

Liverpool de Montevideo slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Barcelona B in their 87+ Cup Round 1 fixture.

Pathetic performance from my numptys. 2 players sent off by 19 minutes left killed it for us.

Long time Montevideo player Tsukasa Umesaki payed the price for the cup exit by being sold immediately after the game. Umesaki was one of the original players to be bought for the club and went on to play 88 times for the club in the league scoring 9 goals and assisting 14 times. However in the previous two seasons he found game time limited playing only 7 games and predominatedly becoming a cup player. Due to the continual failings in the cup over the last few seasons the decision was made to let him go as he was an expense that was no longer justifyable.

Fred Ziko steered Wrexham to victory against NK Varaždin.

Wrexham beat NK Varaždin 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Parlak scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ward-prowse and Erdoğan were also amongst the goalscorers.

Wrexham have now won 6 games in a row after beating NK Varaždin setting a new club record.

Monkeyshuffl steered Liverpool de Montevideo to victory against FC Lugano.

Liverpool de Montevideo beat FC Lugano 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Pavoletti scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Caio was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A pretty dominant performance from us for a change though the scoreline doesn't reflect it. Keeps us in the hunt for top spot and next up champions Guaratingueta who have got off to a shocker so far, so knowing my luck they will likely spank my lot. A win there though in light of "anchovie gate" would taste extra sweet :D

Lots of players moving in and out after I did a bit of a spring clean at the club to free up funds.

Several fringe players valued at over 3m each are making way along with a few that are either dead wood or likely to die before SM notice them for a review.

Got a few good players coming through by the looks of things once SM get round to reviewing them so all in all the future looks bright for Liverpool. My problem at the moment is after losing a couple of my better players to forced sales I am yet to get any moving up to first team quality in a while but this should hopefully change in the coming weeks and turn us from the mid table club we seem to be becoming into real contenders. :)

The longer we go without winning our first Div 1 championship title the greater the loss of losing the title on the last game of the season a few seasons back to Wrexham becomes :(

Monkeyshuffl earned a draw with Liverpool de Montevideo against Guaratinguetá.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Liverpool de Montevideo and Guaratinguetá in their Division 1 fixture.

Melano was on the scoresheet for his side.

Disappointing result :( I rested a couple of my better players as they wern't 100% match fit and it might well have cost us. The gap is already getting big between us and first placed Wrexham who are threatening to run away with the league but that just means we must work harder to close the gap.

Fred Ziko steered Wrexham to victory against FC Nordsjaelland.

Wrexham beat FC Nordsjaelland 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Erdoğan scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Parlak and Piazón were also amongst the goalscorers.

Wrexham have now won 7 games in a row after beating FC Nordsjaelland setting a new club record. :D

Ali Adnan is now suspended for 3 games after being sent off.

5 wins out of 5 and maximum points for us (15) although this isn't a time to get carried away as all our victories have came with a 1 goal margin, so we could have ended up with 5 draws really. Got a very tough draw in the Cup against Rayo Vallecano, so need to perform to our best in order to qualify.

Fred Ziko steered Wrexham to victory against Rayo Vallecano.

Wrexham beat Rayo Vallecano 2 - 0 in their 87+ Cup Round 2 fixture.

Bardi had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Szymanowski and Ings were amongst the goalscorers.

Making progress in the Cup after a few seasons, we are now in the Quarter Final, not too happy about the draw once more, we have to face Stade Brestois, the team that got promoted just behind us in 2nd place and now find themselves 2nd in Division 1 behind us again. Last time we faced them, we lost 1-4...time now to put things right, in the Cup and in the league on Thursday!

footie earned a draw with Willem II against Calcio Como.

Willem II dominated much of the play against Calcio Como but could only manage a 3 - 3 draw in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Berisha scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Yattara was also on the scoresheet for his side.

The bold part summed it all up. :(

Next up a double header against defending cup champions Zalaegerszegi TE in the league and cup. Looks like 2 defeats are on the cards. :(

Monkeyshuffl earned a draw with Liverpool de Montevideo against Rayo Vallecano.

Liverpool de Montevideo were unlucky not come away with the win after drawing 2 - 2 against Rayo Vallecano in their Division 1 fixture.

Peña and Büyük were amongst the goalscorers.

A decent result I suppose against one of the current heavyweights of the GW.

But with 64% possesion and 19 shots I feel we could have done better although a sending off didn't do us any favours.

On a more positive note my GK Guzman rose 1 to 86 so is top banana now :D

Wrexham look unstopable at the moment with maximum points from their opening 6 games and now find themselves 7 points clear of second place already :eek:

Doncaster fans are starting to run out of tears after their 6 successive defeat in Div 2. Returning manager Brian Holland will be scratching his head this morning as he try's to work out why his team isn't performing as they should be. With four 86's the talent is undoubtably there to do better but can he find them success were past managers couldn't?

Fred Ziko steered Wrexham to victory against Stade Brestois.

Wrexham beat Stade Brestois 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Parlak scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Erdoğan was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Wrexham have now won 8 games in a row after beating Stade Brestois setting a new club record.

7 points clear of 2nd place :D

But it was all too good to be true...Parlak will miss the next 3 games due to injury, he basically is the best player in the division at the moment (5 games, 7 goals, 1 assist, 2MOM, 8.80 AVP) so will be a huge blow for us...

Monkeyshuffl steered Liverpool de Montevideo to victory against FC Nordsjaelland.

Liverpool de Montevideo beat FC Nordsjaelland 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Büyük scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cartabia was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Tight but we pulled off a good win. With Wrexham drawing we close the gap to 7 points but still closer to being relegated than threaten top spot in the league.

In other news...

Barcelona B have scoured the lands and brought in experienced forumer Gozzy to try and turn their fortunes around. He has probably the hardest task ahead of him as Barcelona B possibly have the weakest first eleven on paper with some of the previous managers guilty of twiddling their thumbs whilst at the helm. The last manager did make some effort to build for their future by bringing in a bigger depth of squad to hopefully get risers from but previous manager miss-management will take a while to set right.

Have Barcelona B finally found the saviour? Only time will tell B)

Barcelona B have scoured the lands and brought in experienced forumer Gozzy to try and turn their fortunes around. He has probably the hardest task ahead of him as Barcelona B possibly have the weakest first eleven on paper with some of the previous managers guilty of twiddling their thumbs whilst at the helm. The last manager did make some effort to build for their future by bringing in a bigger depth of squad to hopefully get risers from but previous manager miss-management will take a while to set right.

Have Barcelona B finally found the saviour? Only time will tell B)

Forgot to post after joining,so here i am everybody :D

To be honest the previous manager(s) didn't do too bad in terms of squad building IMO. While i have relatively low starting XI,my team have some players i would've bought if they were available,so my task now is to sort players who i don't need and get some more funds as i have little cash ATM

Forgot to post after joining' date='so here i am everybody :D

To be honest the previous manager(s) didn't do too bad in terms of squad building IMO. While i have relatively low starting XI,my team have some players i would've bought if they were available,so my task now is to sort players who i don't need and get some more funds as i have little cash ATM[/quote']

Welcome and good luck :)

Fred Ziko earned a draw with Wrexham against UD Logroñés.

The match ended 3 - 3 between Wrexham and UD Logroñés in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Zoller, Erdoğan and Korb were amongst the goalscorers.

Didn't manage to continue the winning streak but we have already made history with 8 wins in a row, more than anyone else in the gw up until now!

It seems that no Parlak, no party...still unbeaten though and a draw isn't a bad result against a team who beat us in our last 2 encounters! Quarter Final of the Cup to look forward to now!

UD Logrones having a terrible season - our aim now is avoid relegation !!

Manager Holland has heard the complaints of the fans and their fickle attitudes.

"The fans want victory and silverware, but these things take time. Realistically, with the start to the season that we have had, we won't make promotion this year. Even if we did, would we be able to avoid relegation next year? I was brought in on an undisclosed multi-season contract and I will build a team consisting of new and old players who fit my model. League games have taken somewhat of a backseat since we are doing well in the cup so far. We will advance as far as we can in the 87+ cup and I will field a strong team against Guaratingueta this afternoon. I will bring silverware back to Keepmoat."

Impressive words from Holland in his prematch interview, but will Rovers be able to live up to his expectations?