• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 87+ SEASON 12 PREVIEW Below is my rambling Season preview for the upcoming season. As always its just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously Its not up to Stato's (Tranmere) quality of

Re: 87+ SEASON 10 PREVIEW Division 1 Guaratingueta Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last seas

Re: 87+ SEASON 11 PREVIEW Division 1 Rayo Vallecano Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring a

Re: 87+

Monkeyshuffl was unable to prevent a Liverpool de Montevideo defeat to Jahn Regensburg.

Liverpool de Montevideo slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Jahn Regensburg in their Division 1 fixture.

A bad result for us at home and one that as good as knocks us out of the title race. We are now very close to the relegation places and must turn this form around soon. The sending off in the 32nd minute killed it for us and we barely had a shot after that. I think its time to tinker with my formation and try to see if there is something else that could work better as the few formations that I do use arn't bringing enough consistancy.

Fred Ziko steered Wrexham to victory against Guaratinguetá.

Wrexham outclassed Guaratinguetá and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Parlak scored both of the goals for Wrexham and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

We should change our name to Parlak Fc :D got a possible title decider against Rayo Vallecano coming up, although after their result against Lugano we now have a bit more breathing space!

Just realised that 87+ has reached a few of landmarks. :D

It is now just over 2 years since I introduced the idea for the GW (Set 2012) :eek:

The forum thread has reached 50,000 views :eek:

Not bad going I reckon. Considering few GW's last very long or at least in any competative state. We have got to 2 years and are still going strong. If any thing the GW is stronger than ever due to the club history that has been built up over the 10 seasons. There are managers still wanting to join and the GW has never gone without a manager for more than a day or two at any time in the two years.

We have also managed to keep several of the original founding members of the GW too over this time which I like to think shows that the GW was a good idea and more importantly actually works :)

A big thanks to all those who have been involved over the years and helped contribute to make it what it is today. Hopefully it will still be around in another two years! (by which time I might of actually won the Div 1 title :rolleyes::o)

Yep I have noticed over the years I have played that you can be TOO SUCCESSFUL & many times I've wondered if SM apply a kind of handicapping. :(
I would agree with this. This GW has shown wining div 1 is the kiss of death. If Guaratingueta get relegated this season which they look likely to that would mean EVERY team that won div 1 would have then soon gone on to get relegated. Coincidence?

I would also agree, I have also noticed this effect in other Game Worlds. You can have the strongest Team, use the same tactics/ideas etc.. but then struggle to win much after winning the league, hence my look at the stats. The stats certainly dont look like those of a Team at the bottom of the League.

We know the Game Engine is flawed and they are looking to improve it in the single player and as you suggest, maybe there is a handicap in the current one.

Or am I just being paranoid?

Just realised that 87+ has reached a few of landmarks. :D

It is now just over 2 years since I introduced the idea for the GW (Set 2012) :eek:

The forum thread has reached 50' date='000 views :eek:[/color']

Not bad going I reckon. Considering few GW's last very long or at least in any competative state. We have got to 2 years and are still going strong. If any thing the GW is stronger than ever due to the club history that has been built up over the 10 seasons. There are managers still wanting to join and the GW has never gone without a manager for more than a day or two at any time in the two years.

We have also managed to keep several of the original founding members of the GW too over this time which I like to think shows that the GW was a good idea and more importantly actually works :)

A big thanks to all those who have been involved over the years and helped contribute to make it what it is today. Hopefully it will still be around in another two years! (by which time I might of actually won the Div 1 title :rolleyes::o)

YES BIG PAT ON BACK to all involved but particularly 87+ who took over from Dad Monkeyshuffle. For one so young have you seen his Photo (must be well over 87+ Days :confused:) It's remarkable how much sense this young whippersnapper has :D:o:p:rolleyes:

I would also agree' date=' I have also noticed this effect in other Game Worlds. You can have the strongest Team, use the same tactics/ideas etc.. but then struggle to win much after winning the league, hence my look at the stats. The stats certainly dont look like those of a Team at the bottom of the League.

We know the Game Engine is flawed and they are looking to improve it in the single player and as you suggest, maybe there is a handicap in the current one.

Or am I just being paranoid?[/quote']

Nope !!!!!

Yep I have noticed over the years I have played that you can be TOO SUCCESSFUL & many times I've wondered if SM apply a kind of handicapping. :(
I would agree with this. This GW has shown wining div 1 is the kiss of death. If Guaratingueta get relegated this season which they look likely to that would mean EVERY team that won div 1 would have then soon gone on to get relegated. Coincidence?

I would also agree, I have also noticed this effect in other Game Worlds. You can have the strongest Team, use the same tactics/ideas etc.. but then struggle to win much after winning the league, hence my look at the stats. The stats certainly dont look like those of a Team at the bottom of the League.

Or am I just being paranoid?

Right I am going to play a formation that I have never played before for my next match. It means I won't have my best eleven rated on the pitch as I have to drop a 85 for a 83 to fill the positions but it will mean I can play 4 at the back which in about 6 years or so of playing I have proabably tried less than 30 times :eek: Always preferred to play 5 at the back as the wing backs cover defence and midfield but I need a radical plan to shake things up and 4 defenders seems the way to go. This experiment will continue to the end of the season to see if better results come and will hopefully be good enough to keep me from getting relegated. :D

"Current Multiplayer Problems & Solutions"

Hadn't seen this Thread regarding SM SW Issues & PLAYER RATINGS until falling across it today. If you have any grouses, I suggest you let the SM Dev on there know about them:-

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=3006009&posted=1#post3006009

Player Ratings being so insanely slow really does impact on this GW more than a lot of others.

Hadn't seen this Thread regarding SM SW Issues & PLAYER RATINGS until falling across it today. If you have any grouses' date=' I suggest you let the SM Dev on there know about them:-

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=3006009&posted=1#post3006009[/url]

Player Ratings being so insanely slow really does impact on this GW more than a lot of others.

Thanks for this, it has felt like I was fighting a lone battle and can't understand the lack of posters considering the long list of problems with SM/SW at the moment :rolleyes:

Christopher Riley has guided Guaratinguetá to an 87+ Cup Final win against Zalaegerszegi TE!!

Guaratinguetá deserved to beat Zalaegerszegi TE 4 - 2 in a sensational final to lift the trophy.

So, we have won the Charity Shield and the 87+ Cup this year.

Maybe I should play my second string in the league, but then again it took 14 shots on target to score my 4 goals, Zalaegerszegi scored 2 from 4 shots on target.

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

― Joseph Heller, Catch-22 :confused:

Christopher Riley has guided Guaratinguetá to an 87+ Cup Final win against Zalaegerszegi TE!!

Guaratinguetá deserved to beat Zalaegerszegi TE 4 - 2 in a sensational final to lift the trophy.

So' date=' we have won the Charity Shield and the 87+ Cup this year.

Maybe I should play my second string in the league, but then again it took 14 shots on target to score my 4 goals, Zalaegerszegi scored 2 from 4 shots on target.

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

― Joseph Heller, Catch-22 :confused:

An ZE got the bridesmaids

7 to go an sitting 4th

Fred Ziko earned a draw with Wrexham against Rayo Vallecano.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Wrexham and Rayo Vallecano in their Division 1 fixture.

Bardi had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Parlak and Erdoğan were amongst the goalscorers.

Happy with the result, keeps us 4 points away from our rivals! :)

footie was unable to prevent a Willem II defeat to Rochdale.

Willem II lost 5 - 3 to Rochdale in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Caprari and Giménez were amongst the goalscorers.

once again, our opponents scored with all their shots on target.

We love doing this the hard way, dropping 2 spots with just 6 games to go. :mad:

Monkeyshuffl steered Liverpool de Montevideo to victory against Stade Brestois.

Liverpool de Montevideo beat Stade Brestois 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Büyük scored both of the goals for Liverpool de Montevideo and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Yay a win and not to bad a performance either with the new formation.

Leaves us comfortable in mid table at the moment.

With 6 left to play we are at the business end of the season so it will be interesting to see who pushes on and who falls away in the coming weeks :eek:

ZE wins' date=' an now, moves into unfamiliar heights.... second :eek:in Div2

Careful you might get a nosebleed as your not used to such lofty heights :P:D

Monkeyshuffl steered Liverpool de Montevideo to victory against FC Lugano.

Liverpool de Montevideo beat FC Lugano 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Guzmán had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Tonso was on the scoresheet for his side.

Pretty good going in the last two games since changing formation. 4 at the back has resulted in no goals conceded so far and two wins. Its probably a bit to late to trouble those at the top but you never know!

..................................................................................................

IMPORTANT

Davy Klaasen of Rayo Vallecano

and

Joel Veltman of Wrexham

have both now reached 87+ and must not play any more. They must be sold asap. :)

Interesting timing as it affects both of the main Div 1 title contenders. Could it end up costing them?