Re: 87+

Fred Ziko earned a draw with Wrexham against NK Varaždin.

Wrexham dominated much of the play against NK Varaždin but could only manage a 0 - 0 draw in their Division 1 fixture.

Veltman, our only star cb has announced that he is leaving the team, just hope we can hang on to top spot until the end, but our form in the 2nd round of the seasons suggests otherwise :(

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 87+ SEASON 12 PREVIEW Below is my rambling Season preview for the upcoming season. As always its just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously Its not up to Stato's (Tranmere) quality of

Re: 87+ SEASON 10 PREVIEW Division 1 Guaratingueta Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last seas

Re: 87+ SEASON 11 PREVIEW Division 1 Rayo Vallecano Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring a

Looking to land a knockout blow to Guaratingueta tonight and all but seal them getting relegated. If we win and NK Varazdin win champions Guar would need to win all their remaining games and hope Varazdin lose theirs and hope to end up with a better goal difference than them too.

Manager Monkeyshuffl had this to say at the pre match press conference.

"stuff-em they have had there 15 minutes of fame and its time to send them back to where they belong" :eek:

Strong words indeed from Guaratingueta's bitter rivals. :P and is sure to add extra spice to tonight's game. The omens look good for Guar though with Liverpool only managing 3 draws in the last 5 meetings with Guar winning the other two. Liverpool have scored 6 and Guar 9 from these last 5 meetings so a high scoring game looks unlikely and will likely prove to be a close contest.

Haven't done this in a looooooong time :o so thought I would take a look at how club stats have developed.

In order on Total Value

Note: This excludes money in the bank and doesn't take into account recent transfers that may have happened. For example FC Nordsjaelland have suffered unforced sales on the scale not seen before in this GW and therefore have a lower than what is really representational average player rating of there club as well as a skewed asset value too.

Name...............................Players.........AVG.......TOTAL.........Div

Liverpool De Montevideo............164............85........354.8...........1

Wrexham..................................143...........85........316.9..........1

Rochdale..................................169............84........298.5...........2

NK Varazdin.............................131.............84........271.1..........1

FC Lugano...............................112.............84........235.4..........2

Calcio Como.............................63...............85........220.2..........1

Guaratingueta...........................91..............84........219.7..........1

Rayo Vallecano........................94................85........210.2...........2

Stade Brestois.........................91................84........189.0.........2

AC Siena..................................66...............84........181.2..........2

Greuther Furth..........................60...............84........170.8.........1

UD Logrones.............................52...............84........169.2.........1

Jahn Regensburg......................60................85........168.7.........2

Zalaegerszegi TE......................79................84.........159.6........2

Willem II.................................52................84.........158.2........2

Muathong United......................84................83.........153.5..........1

Crewe Alexandra.......................51................84.........135.5........1

Doncaster Rovers.....................58.................84.........134.8.......2

Barcelona B.............................67.................83.........128.4.......2

FC Nordsjaelland.......................44................83.........122.0........1

So what does this tell us?

Well having a larger squad doesnt seem to guarantee success in filling a trophy cabinet but it does help financially. Does that Financial advantage then turn in to trophy success? 3 of the top 4 valued clubs are still yet to win the Div 1 title' date=' so not particulary. It helps marginally but success still comes down to finding the right players and tactics as Willem II and Crewe have shown in the past.

There is very little between teams in terms of average rating within a division and only perhaps more unexpectadly only slightly more between divisions. However there are Division 2 teams capable of not only surviving in Div 1 but who have just as good a chance as winning Div 1 with their current crop of players should they get promoted.

..........................................................................................................

Fact...

No Division 2 winner has gone on to win division 1 since season 2.:eek:

No Division 2 playoff winner has ever won Division 1:eek:

No 87+ Cup winner has gone on to win Division 1 in the same season.:eek:

No Charity Shield winner has ever gone on to win Division 1 in the same season.:eek:

Its been a wee while again since I took a look at the goings on at clubs so thought now is as good a time as any :o

In order on Total Value

Name..........................Players........AVG.........TOTAL.........Div

Liverpool De Montevideo.......191...........85...........353.9...........1

Wrexham.............................177..........85............337.3 ..........1

NK Varazdin........................131...........84............311.1..........1

Rochdale.............................151...........84............292.9...........2

Guaratingueta......................113...........85...........229.7..........1

Rayo Vallecano.....................104...........85...........224.8...........1

FC Lugano............................100...........85.............200.8..........1

Calcio Como..........................66.............85............220.5..........2

Stade Brestois......................100............84............184.0.........1

Greuther Furth.......................67.............84.............179.3.........2

Willem II...............................70.............84..............174.0........2

AC Siena...............................57..............84...........167.3..........2

Jahn Regensburg....................58.............84.............164.4.........1

UD Logrones..........................50.............84.............161.1.........1

Doncaster Rovers...................81..............84..............155.7.......2

Zalaegerszegi TE....................76..............83..............155.2........2

Muathong United....................76..............84............154.4..........2

Crewe Alexandra.....................54.............84.............142.1........2

FC Nordsjaelland.....................44.............83.............121.1........1

Barcelona B............................87..............82..............103.6.......2

So how have things changed?

Well higher player squad's generaly translate to higher value squad value but more crucially than that it also translates to a better average rating with Calcio Como being the only slight varient to this in not having a big squad though still having the higher average rating and value.

However having the higher squad number and value still doesn't translate to winning trophies as 4 of the top 6 who meet this criteria still haven't won the div 1 title. Despite this if Wrexham go on to win the div 1 title this season 7 of the 10 Div 1 titles would have gone to teams in the top 8 that meet the total value criteria.

Overall this suggests having a high value squad is beneficial to your chances of winning the Div 1 title. If your squad is high value you likely have a high average squad rating which again is beneficial to your chances. In order to have a high value squad and high average squad rating you generally need a high number pool of players to rely on.

This doesn't just hold weight for winning the Div 1 title but also your chances of being in the top division and staying there. Only 2 division 2 teams meet the total squad value.

Point of future interest

Both Barcelona B and Doncaster Rovers have arguably been the 2 clubs in recent seasons who have struggled the most. Now both are under new management and are starting to increase the number of players available to them at their clubs. Based on what has been shown above it would suggest this is a big step in the right direction as higher player numbers lead to higher squad value and higher average rating which in turn should lead to greater success. It might take a few seasons to filter through to having the effect but it will be interesting to see if this pans out this way should they continue on this path. ;)

Fact...(update)

No Division 2 winner has gone on to win division 1 since season 2.:eek:Could happen this season :eek:

No Division 2 playoff winner has ever won Division 1:eek: Still true

Still true

No Charity Shield winner has ever gone on to win Division 1 in the same season.:eek:

Still true

"stuff-em they have had there 15 minutes of fame and its time to send them back to where they belong" :eek:

The manager of Guaratingueta has made a reply to the outburst from 87+ earlier.

"This Mourinho wannabe needs to focus more on his own team than mine. This is not the first time he has singled me out for attack.

At least we have had 15 minutes of fame:p:p:p:p:p:p:p"

Its been a wee while again since I took a look at the goings on at clubs so thought now is as good a time as any :o

In order on Total Value

Name..........................Players........AVG.........TOTAL.........Div

Liverpool De Montevideo.......191...........85...........353.9...........1

Wrexham.............................177..........85............337.3 ..........1

NK Varazdin........................131...........84............311.1..........1

Rochdale.............................151...........84............292.9...........2

Guaratingueta......................113...........85...........229.7..........1

Rayo Vallecano.....................104...........85...........224.8...........1

FC Lugano............................100...........85.............200.8..........1

Calcio Como..........................66.............85............220.5..........2

Stade Brestois......................100............84............184.0.........1

Greuther Furth.......................67.............84.............179.3.........2

Willem II...............................70.............84..............174.0........2

AC Siena...............................57..............84...........167.3..........2

Jahn Regensburg....................58.............84.............164.4.........1

UD Logrones..........................50.............84.............161.1.........1

Doncaster Rovers...................81..............84..............155.7.......2

Zalaegerszegi TE....................76..............83..............155.2........2

Muathong United....................76..............84............154.4..........2

Crewe Alexandra.....................54.............84.............142.1........2

FC Nordsjaelland.....................44.............83.............121.1........1

Barcelona B............................87..............82..............103.6.......2

So how have things changed?

Well higher player squad's generaly translate to higher value squad value but more crucially than that it also translates to a better average rating with Calcio Como being the only slight varient to this in not having a big squad though still having the higher average rating and value.

However having the higher squad number and value still doesn't translate to winning trophies as 4 of the top 6 who meet this criteria still haven't won the div 1 title. Despite this if Wrexham go on to win the div 1 title this season 7 of the 10 Div 1 titles would have gone to teams in the top 8 that meet the total value criteria.

Overall this suggests having a high value squad is beneficial to your chances of winning the Div 1 title. If your squad is high value you likely have a high average squad rating which again is beneficial to your chances. In order to have a high value squad and high average squad rating you generally need a high number pool of players to rely on.

This doesn't just hold weight for winning the Div 1 title but also your chances of being in the top division and staying there. Only 2 division 2 teams meet the total squad value.

Point of future interest

Both Barcelona B and Doncaster Rovers have arguably been the 2 clubs in recent seasons who have struggled the most. Now both are under new management and are starting to increase the number of players available to them at their clubs. Based on what has been shown above it would suggest this is a big step in the right direction as higher player numbers lead to higher squad value and higher average rating which in turn should lead to greater success. It might take a few seasons to filter through to having the effect but it will be interesting to see if this pans out this way should they continue on this path. ;)

Fact...(update)

No Division 2 winner has gone on to win division 1 since season 2.:eek:Could happen this season :eek:

No Division 2 playoff winner has ever won Division 1:eek: Still true

Still true

Still true

Mmmmmmh very interesting, even adding in my cash pile to my squad value leaves me 43million short of 87+ squad's value.

So does this mean Player accumulating, does still work at lower wage levels (Below 88 wage levels)???? It would seem that you can pay 191 players wages & still make more & more profit by selling at 87 values.... Which is probably an argument for SM SLOWING DOWN rating reviews ... Gulp!

BTW u have an extra £2.4million (Loan Player) too, 87+

The manager of Guaratingueta has made a reply to the outburst from 87+ earlier.

"This Mourinho wannabe needs to focus more on his own team than mine. This is not the first time he has singled me out for attack.

At least we have had 15 minutes of fame:p:p:p:p:p:p:p"

When told of this Monkeyshuffl had this to say.

"He's losing the plot, the pressure of possibly getting the champions relegated has clearly got to him and he's becoming more and more paranoid by the day. First its me picking on him, tomorrow it will be the whole world is against him. Woe is me, woe is me!!!

His championships were an accident and in truth should have been mine which I'm sure he would agree. In fact some say the players of Guaratingueta privately dedicated the titles to my spiritual leadership and see me as an inspirational force of nature. A managerial God if you like. Now whether this rumour is true and whether I started it should not over shadow the words of what may or may not be true." :P:D

Mmmmmmh very interesting' date=' even adding in my cash pile to my squad value leaves me 43million short of 87+ squad's value.

So does this mean Player accumulating, does still work at lower wage levels (Below 88 wage levels)???? It would seem that you can pay 191 players wages & still make more & more profit by selling at 87 values.... Which is probably an argument for SM SLOWING DOWN rating reviews ... Gulp!

BTW u have an extra £2.4million (Loan Player) too, 87+[/quote']

FACT Siena have never had a 87+ player :P

Mmmmmmh very interesting' date=' even adding in my cash pile to my squad value leaves me 43million short of 87+ squad's value.

BTW u have an extra £2.4million (Loan Player) too, 87+[/quote']

I'm losing money really quick though and really need to sell. The problem is I had a clear out recently and got rid of the obvious dead wood and brought in more players when ideally I should have kept the money in the bank. I haven't had many 87+ players to sell and when I have I still haven't got huge amounts of money for them like the 10-15m some have received. I don't know who I should risk letting go at the moment that would have any real impact on getting me back in the black. Players arn't rising quick enough to pay for wages and I can see myself going into debt quite a bit.

However I think we are nearing the main big league's of England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France and I will likely lose a couple of players to the 87+ rule which will bring a cash boost. Looking at several of the higher rated clubs in the GW several teams will be hit hard with numerous players likely to go to 87+ which could really shake things up and could see a shift in the balance of power within the GW like when you took at hit after your Golden period and to a lesser extent Como's fall from grace also FC Nordsjaelland took a battering before they could enjoy the higher rated players and go on to success.

You must be sweating on Adrian with only a 82 backup in the wings! :eek:

"He's losing the plot' date=' the pressure of possibly getting the champions relegated has clearly got to him and he's becoming more and more paranoid by the day. First its me picking on him, tomorrow it will be the whole world is against him. Woe is me, woe is me!!!

His championships were an accident and in truth should have been mine which I'm sure he would agree. In fact some say the players of Guaratingueta privately dedicated the titles to my spiritual leadership and see me as an inspirational force of nature. A managerial God if you like. Now whether this rumour is true and whether I started it should not over shadow the words of what may or may not be true." :P:D[/quote']

When asked to reply to the accusation that 87+ was the spiritual leader of the club, the Gauratingueta captain Ashley Westwood replied "who?"

When it was explained to him, he laughed and said "ahhh, that annoying person who has never won anything"

"He's losing the plot' date=' the pressure of possibly getting the champions relegated has clearly got to him and he's becoming more and more paranoid by the day. First its me picking on him, tomorrow it will be the whole world is against him. Woe is me, woe is me!!!

[/quote']

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

I'm losing money really quick though and really need to sell. The problem is I had a clear out recently and got rid of the obvious dead wood and brought in more players when ideally I should have kept the money in the bank. I haven't had many 87+ players to sell and when I have I still haven't got huge amounts of money for them like the 10-15m some have received. I don't know who I should risk letting go at the moment that would have any real impact on getting me back in the black. Players arn't rising quick enough to pay for wages and I can see myself going into debt quite a bit.

However I think we are nearing the main big league's of England' date=' Spain, Germany, Italy and France and I will likely lose a couple of players to the 87+ rule which will bring a cash boost. Looking at several of the higher rated clubs in the GW several teams will be hit hard with numerous players likely to go to 87+ which could really shake things up and could see a shift in the balance of power within the GW like when you took at hit after your Golden period and to a lesser extent Como's fall from grace also FC Nordsjaelland took a battering before they could enjoy the higher rated players and go on to success.

You must be sweating on Adrian with only a 82 backup in the wings! :eek:[/quote']

You bet I am, I bought Lajos Hegedus in 2012 & he now has over 90 appearances & over 8000minutes for MTK in Hungary who are presently 2nd with 27 out of possible 33points. SM don't seem to bother with GK's :(

When asked to reply to the accusation that 87+ was the spiritual leader of the club' date=' the Gauratingueta captain Ashley Westwood replied "who?"

When it was explained to him, he laughed and said "ahhh, that annoying person who has never won anything"[/quote']

I'll have you know I have won the Division 2 play-off twice and the 87+ cup once. If that's not the sign of a great manager then I don't know what is :o

You bet I am' date=' I bought Lajos Hegedus in 2012 & he now has over 90 appearances & over 8000minutes for MTK in Hungary who are presently 2nd with 27 out of possible 33points. SM don't seem to bother with GK's :([/quote']

Sounds like you are hege-ing your bets ;):o

I'm very Hedgy! I watch West Ham & Shout "Let it through you idiot keeper" every shot :D Then they go & climb the table. SLOW DOWN THE REVIEWS SM!!!

You should make a new thread saying that the reviews are happening too fast and that SM needs to reduce its man power assigned to the reviewing system. You would probably get a dev post on it thanking you for your suggestion :rolleyes:

You should make a new thread saying that the reviews are happening too fast and that SM needs to reduce its man power assigned to the reviewing system. You would probably get a dev post on it thanking you for your suggestion :rolleyes:

This is obviously "a great truth" & I'd like to congratulate SM on doing a fantastic job of this even before I had suggested it. What fantastic foresight & enlightened thinking, we must all be very very grateful for every day of the last 4 years! B):rolleyes:

Cookiemonster earned a draw with Zalaegerszegi TE against AC Siena.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Zalaegerszegi TE and AC Siena in their Division 2 fixture.

Long had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Hansen was on the scoresheet for his side.

slipping down to equal second :eek:

your Gk got MOTM it says it all :mad:

Monkeyshuffl steered Liverpool de Montevideo to victory against Guaratinguetá.

Liverpool de Montevideo beat Guaratinguetá 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Peña scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cartabia was also on the scoresheet for his side.

In your face Ashley Westwood :P

They just edged posesion but we had nearly twice the amount of shots as them and it paid off. 2 more goals under the new formation and another clean sheet :D Finally we managed to get a win over Guaratingueta at the 6th attempt and with Wrexham slipping up it leaves us only 2 points behind new league leaders Rayo Vallecano.

5 teams are still in with a shout of winning div 1 now with only 4 points seperating them. FC Nordsjaelland pulled of a big win defeating Wrexham 2-0 away from home and now sit in third place. If they go on to win the league it will be the biggest underdog upset since Willem II won Div 1 several seasons back. Arguably this would be an even bigger upset than that as on paper with the players they have got you would have expected them to be scrapping at the wrong end of the table so it shows what a good job David Garvock is doing at the club and that you don't neccasarily have to have a huge squad to do well. :eek:

Monkeyshuffl steered Liverpool de Montevideo to victory against Guaratinguetá.

Liverpool de Montevideo beat Guaratinguetá 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Peña scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cartabia was also on the scoresheet for his side.

In your face Ashley Westwood :P

After the match, the Guaratingueta manager was asked for his reaction.

"match fixing, cheats, conspiracy, treachery, illuminati, new world order, blub, blub"