• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 87+ SEASON 12 PREVIEW Below is my rambling Season preview for the upcoming season. As always its just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously Its not up to Stato's (Tranmere) quality of

Re: 87+ SEASON 10 PREVIEW Division 1 Guaratingueta Strength: Reigning back to back Division 1 champions that are fast becoming a powerhouse after retaining their title on the last day of last seas

Re: 87+ SEASON 11 PREVIEW Division 1 Rayo Vallecano Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring a

Re: 87+

15 Goals & 6 assists in 49(10) apps doesn't make u think he's "pulling up Trees" does it? :confused:

LOL

Quality over quantity :D

...and of course all the miles he runs during the game making runs that free up others to score:rolleyes:

His agent has been on the phone to me and says his client is furious that you would call into question his contribution to the team. That after all the hard work he has put in trying to make you look good :P this is the thanks he gets ;)

LOL

Quality over quantity :D

...and of course all the miles he runs during the game making runs that free up others to score:rolleyes:

His agent has been on the phone to me and says his client is furious that you would call into question his contribution to the team. That after all the hard work he has put in trying to make you look good :P this is the thanks he gets ;)

Now "his 86 rated alter ego" is playing for Benfica, don't expect that will be a problem to the Lugano manager for long. Thinking of starting a campaign to get SM/SW to SLOW DOWN rating reviews as they are proceeding at one & half times snails pace at the moment which is far far too fast! :rolleyes:

However if we were to look at it from a silverware success view point then Christopher Riley would have to be the manager who has achieved the most success up to now having won the Div 1 title twice the Div 2 title twice the 87+ cup once and the Charity Shield once. A pretty impressive haul especially when you consider Rilo wasn't one of the original managers :eek:

:eek: Your being nice to me. My Nurse is telling me to read this 10 times a day to aid my recovery. I am only spending 1 hour a day now sitting in a corner crying.

Its been a very strange season for Guaratingueta (if I had been one of the original managers, I would have picked a team easier to spell :)). Virtually the same Team/Tactics which won back to back titles struggled to win a game, but the second string won the Charity Shield and 87+ Cup.

We are determined to go for the hat trick next year and win Division 2 again. We'll be back ;)

Hall of Fame - Diego Rolan 146 app's

ALL TIME LEAGUE APPS

Player Name.........................No. Apps...............Club

1 Evgeni Pomazan.................180....................... Muathong United

1 Ben Amos..........................180................. ......Barcelona B

3 Fabian Giefer......................179................... ....Guaratingueta

4 Koen Casteels.....................178.................. .....Crewe Alexandra

5 Nicola Leali.........................176................. ......Willem II

6 Gael Bigirimana...................165.......................FC Nordsjaelland

7 Juan Quintero.....................157(1)............... ....Furth

8 Francesco Bardi...................154(2)..................Wr exham

9 Kostas Stafylidis..................154................... ....Guaratingueta

10 San Miguel Adrian...............153......................FC Lugano

10 Uros Cosic.........................139(14)............. ....Rayo Vallecano

So this means Uros Cosic has 153 apps in total.

Kacaniklic 145 games and 49 assists should make both tables ;)

Makes the assists :) but not enough apps yet :(

Hall of Fame - Diego Rolan 146 app's

Not quite enough yet :(

Jordi Masip - 147 Games for Stade Bretois

Not quite enough yet :(

Thanks for looking though guys I appreciate it :)

Now "his 86 rated alter ego" is playing for Benfica' date=' don't expect that will be a problem to the Lugano manager for long. Thinking of starting a campaign to get SM/SW to SLOW DOWN rating reviews as they are proceeding at one & half times snails pace at the moment which is far far too fast! :rolleyes:[/quote']

If you created a thread saying that you would probabaly get devs rushing to post on it saying thanks for your feedback it has been taken on board and is something we are looking to implement tommorrow :rolleyes:

:eek: Your being nice to me. My Nurse is telling me to read this 10 times a day to aid my recovery. I am only spending 1 hour a day now sitting in a corner crying.

Its been a very strange season for Guaratingueta (if I had been one of the original managers' date=' I would have picked a team easier to spell :)). Virtually the same Team/Tactics which won back to back titles struggled to win a game, but the second string won the Charity Shield and 87+ Cup.

We are determined to go for the hat trick next year and win Division 2 again. We'll be back ;)

Hall of Fame - Diego Rolan 146 app's[/quote']

Someone must have hacked my account that far to nice from me :P

Though when the findings of the illegal performance enhancing anchovie juice report come back as guilty as expected you will be stripped of all honors. :D

Been a bit quiet on the forum lately. Apologies for that. Another season of ho-hum for Stade Bretois. Need some of those 83's to go up a couple...

You're alive :eek: Good to see you still remember us :P Hope to see you post more regulary mate ;)

Though when the findings of the illegal performance enhancing anchovie juice report come back as guilty as expected you will be stripped of all honors. :D

I will be very interested in the results of the tests myself, not sure they will find many anchovies in the green ARTICHOKE drink :rolleyes: (normal service is resumed :))

I will be very interested in the results of the tests myself' date=' not sure they will find many anchovies in the green ARTICHOKE drink :rolleyes: (normal service is resumed :))[/quote']

Tomate'o, Tomarto.

It was close enough, it began with an A and had a few other letters the same and had the same number of letters in it, its almost a perfect match :o

We've now been going for how many seasons? Titles have been won & lost etc yet according to universal law from that "mighty god in the sky that is SM"...

FC Lugano (4th in Table) have average attendance of 2,701

Liverpool D/M (2nd in Table) have average attendance of 2,143

Not much sense there then BUT wait for it.....

Stade Brestoise (6th in Table) have average attendance of 13,367 :eek::eek::eek:

as far as I can see it's not down to stadium capacity, so stadium building when it comes in would be utterley useless to some BUT maybe Stade B could progress to 50,000 average??? Now there is a thought :D:confused::mad:

We've now been going for how many seasons? Titles have been won & lost etc yet according to universal law from that "mighty god in the sky that is SM"...

FC Lugano (4th in Table) have average attendance of 2' date='701

Stade Brestoise (6th in Table) have average attendance of 13,367 :eek::eek::eek:

as far as I can see it's not down to stadium capacity, so stadium building when it comes in would be utterley useless to some BUT maybe Stade B could progress to 50,000 average??? Now there is a thought :D:confused::mad:[/quote']

SM changed this a while back, crowds are now based on the real life attendances of the club's. What you achieve in game has no bearing on your attendance. Have been wondering how this fits with stadium building since they said it would come to multiplayer, maybe they will change back to crowds increasing with achievement, I doubt it though, because it makes sense.

FC Lugano (4th in Table) have average attendance of 2' date='701

as far as I can see it's not down to stadium capacity, so stadium building when it comes in would be utterley useless to some BUT maybe Stade B could progress to 50,000 average??? Now there is a thought :D:confused::mad:[/quote']

And I was thought it was down to the high quality football we were playing...:o

SEASON 11 PREVIEW

Division 1

Rayo Vallecano

Strength: Last seasons champions have started brightly winning the Charity Shield. One of this season's favourites for the title after scoring an impressive 40 goals last year, more than anyone else in the top division. Managed to stay unbeaten away, had the most wins at home, and only lost 2 games in general, a record in both divisions. They boast 4 star players: Hofmann, Jonny, Calhanoglu and Boetius and have a very good supporting cast, their great squad depth means that we should see them as one of the hot shots for the cup too.

Weakness: Everyone will be looking out for them this time around, and most teams will be raising their game when playing against them. They could do with a couple of star centre backs. They lost Klaassen towards the end of last season, can they cope without him ?

Division 1 Titles: 1

Division 2 Titles: 1

Cup Winners: 0

Liverpool de Montevideo

Strength: Star players Cartabia, Guzman and Jefferson. Very strong squad depth and quality as they have got the biggest squad around and the most highly valued one. Had the best defence in the game world conceding only 18 goals in 18 games and showed great form towards the end of the season with 1 loss in the last 7 games. The biggest favourites for the league and the cup alongside Rayo Vallecano.

Weakness: Same story again for Liverpool, very high expectations before the season starts, tend to start weak and come strong towards the end. Will they be given the tag of the nearly team after finishing runners up again or can they prove their doubters wrong?

Division 1 Titles: 0

Division 2 Titles: 0

Cup Winners: 2

FC Nordsjaelland

Strength: Did great to finish third last season against all the odds that had tipped them for relegation. Won more games than anyone in their division (10) and had the 2nd best strike force scoring 33 goals. No real star players so they could be relying on Karius, Insua, Dybala and Bigirimana to keep them up again. Vico topped the assists charts last season and is a real threat. Probably the youngest squad in the game world with their oldest players being 22 years of age, so the potential for further improvement is definitely there!

Weakness: They have the weakest squad in the division based on player ratings and the lowest valued squad. Only 44 players at the club too which means they are pinning their hopes on a small bunch of players. With the current crop of players, the only thing in their mind should be to avoid relegation, it will surely be a tough task to follow last season’s performances.

Cup Winners: 1

FC Lugano

Strength: They have one of the most experienced 87+ managers, having led them to 3 Division 1 titles and along with Adrian and Derley as their star players and a decent team they managed to return to the top ends of the table after a few mediocre seasons for their standards. Rumour has it that they have a gold mine at their training ground that gives them unlimited cash to bring in anyone they like.

Weakness: Got quite good depth but could do with one or two more 86 rated stars in their team to say that they can challenge for the title again. They will be hoping that SM does what it does best, slow reviews! If not, then they can wave Adrian goodbye leaving them with a big gap to fill under the goalposts.

Division 1 Titles: 3

Wrexham

Strength: Looking at the team it boasts four star players: Bardi, Fabinho, Ward-Prowse and O.Torres plus real quality throughout the rest of the side with no less than 12 85-rated players. Parlak was a real gem last season being announced player of the season, plus being awarded the golden boot. Great squad depth too means that on paper at least, they are serious contenders for not only the Division 1 title but also the cup.

Weakness: After the departure of Veltman they look short of options at cb position. They showed great potential, taking the league by storm managing 6/6 wins at the start of the season but went on a terrible run which is sure to have affected their confidence as a side. Two wins in 12 and the 2nd worst defence in division 1 aren’t stats to be proud of!

Cup Winners: 2

Stade Brestois

Strength: Managed to stay up by 2 points after getting promoted from division 2. Star players Vilhena, Praet and Guerreiro and an ok squad depth. The only team that lost just 1 game at home last season and were very hard to score against, conceding only 20 goals, only Liverpool had a better record in that department.

Weakness: They will be hoping for a rise for one of their goalkeepers. They also need two or three star forwards as they had the 2nd worst attacking force in their division scoring only 17 goals. Although they have a big squad they need more quality in order to avoid relegation again.

Rochdale

Strength: Star players Stones, Berahino and Ramalho plus decent support from the rest of the squad shows that they belong in the top division after being crowned division 2 champions last season with a record 10 wins. They had the best attack of the game world scoring 42 goals, the 2nd best defence in their division, conceding 27 and had the fewest defeats (3). Good squad depth should help them mount a cup run. Ever active in the transfer market. Could be a dark horse as the teams who come up as champions always make an impact. Lanzarote was an assist machine for them last term, topping the table with 12!

Weakness: Recent rises for 2 of their goalkeepers was a true gift for them, but they still could do with a better option. They have the yo-yo tag because they never seem to stay in one division for too long, can they finally establish themselves ?

Willem II

Strength: The likes of Leali, Yago, Ucan and Stevanovic will be their main weapons in order to try and stay up after an impressive season which saw them finish runners up in division 2, just behind Rochdale in nearly every department.

Weakness: Could do with more depth to the squad specially after losing Milanov as there is not a lot of quality in reserve to depend on if their stars don’t perform. They haven’t got fond memories of life in the top division as last time they were around they finished bottom of the table.

Greuther Furth

Strength: Star players Ezekiel and Quintero plus squad depth. Managed to clinche an automatic promotion spot on the last day of the season and showed great form losing only 1 out of their last 9 games. Had the dest defensive record in division 2, conceding just 19 goals.

Weakness: Got quite a few options in all areas of the pitch, so not much to comment on, maybe a few more star players could be the step towards being a real title contender.

Zalaegerszegi TE

Strength: They defeated Calcio Como in the play-off final and find themselves back in the top division. Star names include Casco, Talisca and Bigas but not much support. Had a great Cup run, losing in the Final to Guarantigueta.

Weakness: The weakest team alongside Nordsjaelland with little quality or depth will be looking to try and avoid the drop. A new goalkeeper is an absolute must plus top quality strikers if they are to make it possible. They must be thinking just how they got promoted, having the worst defence out of both divisions, conceding 42 goals.

Tip for the title - Liverpool de Montevideo

Tip for relegation - Nordsjaelland, Zalaegerszegi, Willem, Stade Brestois

Dark Horse - Rochdale

Division 2

NK Varazdin

Strength: Season 9 play off winners couldn’t manage to stay up last year, and for 2 points find themselves back in the lower division. Star player Kurzawa, an ok supporting cast and a big squad capable of a cup challenge.

Weakness:A big squad doesn’t always guarantee success, so they might look to strengthen the side with more star players, but more importantly they will be searching for a striker and a winger in the transfer market.

Jahn Regensburg

Strength: Star player Santos along with a quite good supporting cast. They are looking to get off to a new start with manager Jim Garvock having his first full season at the club after arriving late last year.

Weakness: They had the worst defence in division 1 last season which also led to their terrible home form of 1 win, 1 draw and 7 losses!!! They need to find a genuine star striker to support Dani Schahin. Lost very important players as Suso, Mauricio, Pereira and Duenas all left the club.

Guaratingueta

Strength: Back to back Division 1 champions shocked everyone last year when they found themselves relegated and manager Christopher Riley will be looking for a swift return to where they feel they belong. They showed that they are one of the biggest clubs around though by winning another trophy despite having a bad league campaign, they won the 87+ cup. Star players Jimenez and Westwood are supported by lots of other good players including 2 great goalkeepers. Should mount a serious title challenge...

Weakness: They just can’t score, last season they managed 16 goals in 18 games. Lost more games than anyone else in division 1 (11). Also lost the Charity Shield final and confidence must be low, could they fade away for a few seasons like Lugano did in the past after all their early success ?

Division 1 Titles: 2

Division 2 Titles: 2

UD Logrones

Strength: Doesn’t look like a division 2 side with so many stars, they have 5 players of 86 rating: Carrasco, Gunter, Silva, Holzhauzer and Malanda! The aim must be to gain promotion at the 1st attempt.

Weakness: Had a shocking season, 2 wins from a possible 18 just wasn’t good enough for such a team. Could do with a better goalkeeper and some additional transfers in order to get more depth to support their stars.

Calcio Como

Strength: Star Players Belfodil, Ferri, Arnold, Promes, Ziyech and Murru aswell as a very good lineup to follow create a team that could even be challenging for the division 1 title. They must be looking to win the title and if not, promotion is the minimum. A good cup run is also on the cards due to the quality of the squad's depth.

Weakness: Lost the play off final which was a huge blow for them, especially as they were backed by so many people to return to the top division. They don’t seem to be able to manage the expectation surrounding them.

AC Siena

Strength: Star players Ocampos, Sararer, Kacaniklic and Romero and a decent supporting cast. Missed out on a playoff place by goal difference to Como. Will be looking to get at least 1 place better this time around. A good cup run is also on the cards due to decent squad depth. Strong midfield and quality strikers. Rabello was the joint top performer of the division.

Weakness: Defencive and goalkeeping reinforcements are their main priority, as they look a bit thin in both departments.

Crewe Alexandra

Strength: Casteels and Locadia are their best players and they also have six 85 rated players to support them. Cheryshev had a great season and was awarded the division 2 golden boot with 12 goals. Automatic promotion might be a step too far, but could challenge for the playoffs.

Weakness: Poor results in pre-season look like a bad omen. Need a lot more depth as they could find themselves exposed if first teamers get suspended or injured. Could do with bringing a quality cb and left back. Only Barcelona B lost more games than them last year.

Doncaster Rovers

Strength: Started the season in horrific form losing their first 6 games, but then turned around their season by finding good results but it ultimately proved to be too late to make amends. Had the 2nd best defence of the league. Star players Bruno, Vadillo, Perez and Van den Bergh as well as a good supporting cast. They are expected to make a strong push for the automatic promotion places.

Weakness: Only scored more goals than Barcelona B (24). They have stayed in the bottom division way too long now, despite always having one of the best squads.

Muangthong United

Strength: Star player Mitrovic will be the player they will be relying on to bang in the goals in order for them to challenge for a playoff spot. Decent supporting cast from Vietto, Gomez and Chambers. Gomez was the joint top performer of division 2 last season.

Weakness: Could do with more quality options to their side in case of injuries or suspensions. Should search for a goalkeeper and a left back to go straight into the first team.

Barcelona B

Strength: No real star players available to them. Manager Gozzy will be looking to build the football team from scratch as this is his first full season at the helm.

Weakness: The weakest team of the game world. The only star they had, Kroos, decided to leave the club! General strengthening in all areas and big investment is needed. Had a miserable season last term finishing bottom of the table only managing 2 wins, scoring the fewest goals in Division 2 (19), having the 2nd worst defence conceding 41 and gathering 8 points which is an all time record for fewest points in a single season, beating the previous one which was 11 points just one season before, a record that also had Barcelona’s name on it. Promotion doesn't look a realistic possibility for them this year.

Tip for the title - Como

Tip for promotion - Guarantigueta, Siena, Doncaster

Dark Horse - Varazdin

Rochdale

Strength: Star players Stones, Berahino and Ramalho plus decent support from the rest of the squad shows that they belong in the top division after being crowned division 2 champions last season with a record 10 wins. They had the best attack of the game world scoring 42 goals, the 2nd best defence in their division, conceding 27 and had the fewest defeats (3). Good squad depth should help them mount a cup run. Ever active in the transfer market. Could be a dark horse as the teams who come up as champions always make an impact. Lanzarote was an assist machine for them last term, topping the table with 12!

Weakness: Recent rises for 2 of their goalkeepers was a true gift for them, but they still could do with a better option. They have the yo-yo tag because they never seem to stay in one division for too long, can they finally establish themselves ?

Great write up, thanks. I have never managed to stay in Division 1 after 4 attempts. Hopefully this season we might have a chance.

Good luck everyone.

Guaratingueta

Strength: Back to back Division 1 champions shocked everyone last year when they found themselves relegated and manager Christopher Riley will be looking for a swift return to where they feel they belong. They showed that they are one of the biggest clubs around though by winning another trophy despite having a bad league campaign' date=' they won the 87+ cup. Star players Jimenez and Westwood are supported by lots of other good players including 2 great goalkeepers. Should mount a serious title challenge...

Weakness: They just can’t score, last season they managed 16 goals in 18 games. Lost more games than anyone else in division 1 (11). Also lost the Charity Shield final and confidence must be low, could they fade away for a few seasons like Lugano did in the past after all their early success ?

Division 1 Titles: 2

Division 2 Titles: 2

Cup Winners: 1[/quote']

Excellent write up on all teams.

Made a good start to getting back where we 'belong' with a win last night. This squad is determined not to fade away.