Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils Thread

Yeah' date=' the likes of Silva, Ozil, Nasri, Mata, Oscar, Suarez, etc. haven't excelled at all in this league :rolleyes: Not getting anything out of technically gifted players is one of Moyes' biggest weaknesses IMO.[/quote']

Of the list you summed up, Silva & Ozil are arguably the only two with a below-par physique. However, they make it up with immense talent.

All that Chicharito does is either stand offside, or force an effective play on the counter. He is absolutely useless against a defensive setup.

Kagawa has the occasional touch of brilliance, but mostly fails to show anything in normal play. The EPL just is not suited for his kind.

Of the list you summed up' date=' Silva & Ozil are arguably the only two with a below-par physique. However, they make it up with immense talent.

All that Chicharito does is either stand offside, or force an effective play on the counter. He is absolutely useless against a defensive setup.

Kagawa has the occasional touch of brilliance, but mostly fails to show anything in normal play. The EPL just is not suited for his kind.[/quote']

Oscar has bulked up a lot since signing but he is still very slim. As for Ozil..

http://intouch.wunderweib.de/media/redaktionell/wunderweib/intouch_2/stars/starnews/2013_12/februar_30/woche2_1/mesut-oezil-sexy-h_img_308x0.jpg

Well, there you go, Oscar bulking up has given him that physical presence needed in the EPL.

As for Ozil, having a six-pack doesn't necessarily mean that you're strong. In most challenges, he's outmuscled.

LOL.

That is embarrasing. Makes our loss to them even worse :(

You lot are having a first good season in how many years? This is the best youse have been in over a decade.

This is our first poor season in just about the hole time since it became the Premiere League.

We are having our first poor season in a long long time. You lot have been under performing for more then a decade.

As poor as we have been this season we still managed to beat you lot. smileys-busy-256707.gif

Should have been a pen, yes.

What Lloris was thinking is beyond me. Was shocking for most of the game anyway (apart from 2 decent saves at the very end). Seemed very insecure.

HOWEVER, if your players constantly try to cheat the ref every game, you had that one coming. Boy who cried wolf and all.

Should have been a pen' date=' yes.

What Lloris was thinking is beyond me. Was shocking for most of the game anyway (apart from 2 decent saves at the very end). Seemed very insecure.

HOWEVER, if your players constantly try to cheat the ref every game, you had that one coming. Boy who cried wolf and all.[/quote']

Lloris ain't been convincing for a while, but by hook or by crook he made sme decent saves today by the looks of it (admittedly only seen highlights just now)

The Welbeck one for me was not a pen but that Young one was about as blatant as you get but like you say he has had a few go his way in the past that clearly was not so can't moan that much.

Howard Webb is having a seriously shocking year as a ref if he represents us a the World Cup it is a sad state of affairs, today was just the same as the other weeks he is right there he can fail to see it,

Mind you who else would go Martin Atkinson maybe......

While in normal circumstances I would love to blame everything on the officials (And Webb was horrific today especially giving Januzaj that yellow) but it shouldn't detract from how utterly rubbish we were until Welbeck scored. The only positive from that game is the final 15 minutes which was probably the best we've played all season.

The fact that Wayne Rooney was the deepest of all our attacking players when we were 2-1 down at home kinda sums things up. The way we play is so archaic, it's infuriating. Get the ball, pass it to Valencia, who then proceeds to smash it as hard as possible into the nearest defender. All that done at a painfully slow tempo.

The season is a write off unless we can start games with the same intensity which I don't see happening. The best we can hope for is for a lucky CL run but I don't hold out much hope on that count. I'm just going to enjoy watching Januzaj play and hope Moyes can do something in the transfer market.

Refs are just as bad here. No idea why but it seems to be a global phenomena. It is embarrassing really. At least your Refs ain't giving ghost goals yet so consider yourselves lucky

So it should all even out then... :D

It's better for teams to focus on what they can change. focusing on ref decisions is usually an excuse for poor performances. If they feel that ref decisions are actually systematically unfair, they're more than welcome to lodge an official complaint.

Comment unrelated to this game per ce.

While in normal circumstances I would love to blame everything on the officials (And Webb was horrific today especially giving Januzaj that yellow)

If starting to go to ground prior to even arriving at the tackling player is not diving, then I don't know what is.

Amazing, that United fans/manager are complaining about not getting one or two decisions though - never complain when the dodgy ones do go for you at home.

For the youth-interested United fans:

The U19 will participate today at the Mercedes Benz Junior Cup and will face Dortmund, Fluminense and Schalke.

This will be their squad:

Joel Castro Pereira, Dean Henderson; Liam Grimshaw, Paddy McNair; Ben Pearson, Joe Rothwell, Josh Harrop, Andreas Pereira, James Weir, Matthew Willock; Sam Byrne, James Wilson.

Schedule of the Group Stage matches:

13:05 - 13:25 Fenerbahce Istanbul - SC Freiburg

13:28 - 13:48 FC Schalke 04 - Borussia Dortmund

13:51 - 14:11 VfB Stuttgart - GC Zürich

14:14 - 14:34 Manchester United - Fluminense FC

14:37 - 14:57 VfB Stuttgart - Fenerbahce Istanbul

15:00 - 15:20 FC Schalke 04 - Manchester United

15:23 - 15:43 GC Zürich - SC Freiburg

15:46 - 16:06 Borussia Dortmund - Fluminense FC

16:09 - 16:29 VfB Stuttgart - SC Freiburg

16:32 - 16:52 FC Schalke 04 - Fluminense FC

16:55 - 17:15 GC Zürich - Fenerbahce Istanbul

17:18 - 17:38 Borussia Dortmund - Manchester United

Here's the livestream link - I don't know if it works abroad though:

http://mercedes-benz-junior-cup.de/LiveStream.106.0.html?

For the youth-interested United fans:

The U19 will participate today at the Mercedes Benz Junior Cup and will face Dortmund' date=' Fluminense and Schalke.

This will be their squad:

Joel Castro Pereira, Dean Henderson; Liam Grimshaw, Paddy McNair; Ben Pearson, Joe Rothwell, Josh Harrop, Andreas Pereira, James Weir, Matthew Willock; Sam Byrne, James Wilson.

[b']Schedule of the Group Stage matches:[/b]

13:05 - 13:25 Fenerbahce Istanbul - SC Freiburg

13:28 - 13:48 FC Schalke 04 - Borussia Dortmund

13:51 - 14:11 VfB Stuttgart - GC Zürich

14:14 - 14:34 Manchester United - Fluminense FC

14:37 - 14:57 VfB Stuttgart - Fenerbahce Istanbul

15:00 - 15:20 FC Schalke 04 - Manchester United

15:23 - 15:43 GC Zürich - SC Freiburg

15:46 - 16:06 Borussia Dortmund - Fluminense FC

16:09 - 16:29 VfB Stuttgart - SC Freiburg

16:32 - 16:52 FC Schalke 04 - Fluminense FC

16:55 - 17:15 GC Zürich - Fenerbahce Istanbul

17:18 - 17:38 Borussia Dortmund - Manchester United

Here's the livestream link - I don't know if it works abroad though:

http://mercedes-benz-junior-cup.de/LiveStream.106.0.html?

Thanks for the link (hopefully it works)!

All eyes on Andreas Pereira, seems like a solid talent.