• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

bloody penalties :rolleyes:

All in all though a good performance from us, kept the ball very well.

Foster looks decidedly shaky, kicking in particular was hopeless, lets just hope he doesn't carry that into the season.

Back 4 looked solid enough, was basically Foster flapping at the cross, and Chelsea not having the decency to put the ball out which lead to their two goals.

Central midfield, Fletch and Carrick ran things, fat Frank didn't have any room all game, was a bit disappointed with both wingers though. I know Nani scored and all that, but went missing before he got injured, and persists to run past players, stop, check back, then try and beat the man again. Fair enough against yer bottom teams, but this is Chelsea ffs, do your man and cross it!

Park didn't really do much and his final ball was at times shocking.

Berba looks in great touch still, and Rooney, well he's looking like the player most likely to be the one that shoulders the responsibility of Ronaldo's departure. Did the right things at the right times today, helped out the midfield but still made a niusance of himself on the last man, hence the goal.

Lots to be positive about, but a few little things still to improve on. It'll come with games and miles in the legs though. :)

Well One thing that came out was we need to sort our penos :L :L

I fail to understand why Evra took a Penalty.Rooney?Owen?

Ah well just a friendly.I thought on paper our midfield looked very weak and the addition of Ribery or Silva would make me happy.

Well One thing that came out was we need to sort our penos :L :L

I fail to understand why Evra took a Penalty.Rooney?Owen?

Ah well just a friendly.I thought on paper our midfield looked very weak and the addition of Ribery or Silva would make me happy.

It Man United had won you would be saying it is a major trophy and the start of your quadruple this season.

It Man United had won you would be saying it is a major trophy and the start of your quadruple this season.

A few seasons back when we won it against Chelsea some Chelsea fans i work with said its only a mickey mouse trophy and that no-one cares about it, we'll see what they say in work tomorrow

Pretty disappointed to lose tbh but we were level on 90 minutes so that's consolation.

One thing I don't understand is how people can say nani had a excellent game. I mean he had a decent game but that's it really. Really has to improve his delivery and I couldn't understand why he was taking the set pieces in the first half.

With Foster not too surprised. go back a few pages and I said he he looked very shaky in pre-season and that has carried over to this season. Though imo he couldn't have done much with the first goal but the second one was shocking. SHOULD have saved it.

Getting on the scoresheet always gives the impression a player has had a good game and hence Nani getting the plaudits from some. To be fair to him, he did have a good first half, but faded in the second. It seemed like Fergie was playing the two wingers against each other to see who gets the starting berth with Valencia presumably guaranteed starting on the right, and based on yesterday he probably would have been nmone the wiser as Park was surprisingly ineffectual. That decision may have been made easier though with Nani likely to be out for a few weeks possibly with his injury and now it seems a straight swap between Giggs and Park (not sure Tosic will feature so early in the season).

Foster has looked shaky as Red says, but he has more about him than he's shown so far I believe. I'm sure he's set for a long run in the side, especially after Sir Alex suggested he will be England's number one for the world cup next summer. It'll take a lot of mistakes for Kusczak to shift him as Sir Alex doesn't like to be wrong :D

EDIT: I don't really think he was at fault for yesterday's goals :)

yeah agree here' date=' nani is a very strange player. he appears to be only capable of doing 2 things, give the ball away cheaply and score spectacular goals

and foster will never be england number one. fergie is just saying that to give the guy some confidence while he assess his options. foster might have been a potential england number 1 a few years back, but goalkeepers are not like outfield players. the most important thing to a goalie is experience and gametime. they are not like nnumber 10s, who rely primarily on their "natural" talent honed in during their early days. a goalkeeper needs to play regularly to improve. and foster has been out of the game to long now to reach his potential.[/quote']

When Foster gets a good run in the first team he'll prove you wrong. He’s got the ability. With Van Der Saar’s injury Foster knows this is one of the few chances he'll get to stake his claim for the No.1 shirt in the future. Just his nerves got the better of him yesterday. Happens to the best of us. I have to disagree with you again. The most important thing for a goalie after ability is confidence.

When Foster gets a good run in the first team he'll prove you wrong. He’s got the ability. With Van Der Saar’s injury Foster knows this is his chance to stake his claim for the No.1 spot. Just his nerves got the better of him yesterday. Happens to the best of us. I have to disagree with you again. The most important thing for a goalie after ability is confidence.

the most important thing for goalie is consistency(ability is generally assured when we are talking about premier league goalies), and im not talking about consistency in clearing simple backpasses into opposition strikers lol

just my opinion tbh, foster makes so many mistakes, that if he does get the england number 1 spot, all that really says is how bad green and carson are. but then even if they make lots of errors too, at least they have more experience..

the most important thing for goalie is consistency(ability is generally assured when we are talking about premier league goalies)' date=' and im not talking about consistency in clearing simple backpasses into opposition strikers lol

just my opinion tbh, foster makes so many mistakes, that if he does get the england number 1 spot, all that really says is how bad green and carson are. but then even if they make lots of errors too, at least they have more experience..[/quote']

Foster is really really good imo. As Lee said looked a bit Nervy. When he starts about 2 games in a row confidence will come and he will show how good he is. Han an excellent season with Watford apart from that freakish goal lol. And his debut for us was astonishing and I mean this. He single handedly saved us from defeat against Derby!!:eek:

the most important thing for goalie is consistency(ability is generally assured when we are talking about premier league goalies)' date=' and im not talking about consistency in clearing simple backpasses into opposition strikers lol

just my opinion tbh, foster makes so many mistakes, that if he does get the england number 1 spot, all that really says is how bad green and carson are. but then even if they make lots of errors too, [b']at least they have more experience..[/b]

Problem is mate, how are people supposed to get experience if they're dropped after every mistake? It's obviously a lot easier to point out mistakes when it's a keeper, as they inevitably lead to goals. I think if foster gets the nod against Kuszcak for Birmingham this weekend and beyond, he'll settle into the role and become more assured in it.

Lets not forget he probably won us the Carling Cup last season with some brilliant goalkeeping against Spurs, in open play and the shootout, so the quality, as well as being able to do it in the big games was evident that day.

I think he's just a bit too eager to impress at the minute imo, as he knows he's got his big chance. If he gets his head round that and realises that he doesn't have to come for every cross, and that he can take a touch when the ball is passed back to him then find a full-back with a 15 yard pass, rather than try the big clearance and hit the front men to relieve pressure, he'll be better for it.

He just needs to understand that he doesn't need to do anything special to cement his place, just carry on doing what he's done up to now, after all it was doing that which got him into this position in the first place. ;)

regarding the comments above..

im not implying in anyway that he is not a good goalkeeper, and i might have been a bit harsh in saying "he ll never be england number 1". given england's lcurrent lack of high quality goalies, he could well be number one for south africa, but that's hard to judge right now, since he has not played first team football for almost 2 years now.

however, i dont think he has what it takes to be a world class goalkeeper. he can be a GOOD goalkeeper, but i dont think he has what it takes to be number 1 for one of the biggest clubs on the planet. i remembered watchin him at watford, i thought he is a very rare talent. but in the last 2 years when he was consistently out of the game for long periods, that has stunted his development. he can develop into a very good goalie, but probably and almost certainly now, not world class

it's a bit like tim howard. the guy over the last season or so has proved himself to be a very very good goalkeeper. even voted the goalkeeper of the tournament in the confed. cup. yet he was forced out of manutd purely because he made that one bad error in the CL against porto that cost united a place in the quarter final. it's clear that united have very high standards, that can only be met by proper world class goalkeepers who have regularly proven themself.

foster is getting alot of attention now because he is english. but when VDS recovers, he ll walk straight back into the first team. and fergie will probably move for a big name number 1 next summer

all just my personal view, but if he does turn out to be truely world class and england win at South Africa next summer thanks to him, i dont mind either