Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Or it could be one of those cases where he may play Valencia' date=' but I dont think he should.[/quote']
Or it could be one of those cases where he may play Valencia

I strongly agree with this as Ronaldo would have a clue about United's strength and weakness ..So basically RealMadrid have an advantage :rolleyes:

We will really need Valencia at RM to exploit those empty spaces Marcelo will presumably leave behind.

Very much so, Smalling is a good shout, but so is Jones. Whilst I think Rafael is having a terrific season, Ron is too much for him to handle .. probably the same case for Smalling & Jones too though.

Neville coming out of retirement maybe? haha

I strongly agree with this as Ronaldo would have a clue about United's strength and weakness ..So basically RealMadrid have an advantage :rolleyes:

Not really' date=' Ronaldo will know as much as he see's on tele. The same vantage as everyone else.

Yeah, with his trademark challenge, taking both Ronnie and himself out of the game ;)

His tackling was ace! ;)

Hernandez or Rooney to start? :confused:

Carrick and Celevery ; Kagawa Preferably

Rooney or Hernandez? You Crazy boy?

Midfield will be a hard one to determine, dont think there is any doubt about Carrick being there though.

Will have to see how Kagawa does when he returns.

Wouldn't mind an inform Ashley Young for this game, he'd be a serious threat if you ask me.

We will really need Valencia at RM to exploit those empty spaces Marcelo will presumably leave behind.

This applies to Valencia of 7/8 months ago. Shadow of his former self. Too passive, lacking the predatory instinct he is capable of showing to leave defenders in a heap of their own muck. Needs to step up his game this season. And fast.

This applies to Valencia of 7/8 months ago. Shadow of his former self. Too passive' date=' lacking the predatory instinct he is capable of showing to leave defenders in a heap of their own muck. Needs to step up his game this season. And fast.[/quote']

I'd agree with this. Generally speaking, I'm not the biggest fan of Valenica as he's far too one dimensional for my particular taste.

That said, at his best he can be a great threat for opposing defenders. Always gives 100%, but due to his inferior technical ability he can't afford the luxury of playing below par.

Rafael won't travel to Wales due to hamstring strain. Also missing out are Nani and Kagawa who's due to start training next week. Vidic is set to be named on the bench.

Shame to see Kagawa out for so long. This 'little injury' seems to be dragging forever now. Hope to see him back by the new year :o

Also nice to see Jonny sign a new contract :)

Lets think about it. Do you even need Lewandoski? He is integral to Dortmund but and your club, he wouldn't. With RVP, Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez (albeit Welbeck is a bad player) but I don't see a need for it. IMO, he should stay at Dortmund until a club that actually needs him comes calling.

Lets think about it. Do you even need Lewandoski? He is integral to Dortmund but and your club' date=' he wouldn't. With RVP, Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez (albeit Welbeck is a bad player) but I don't see a need for it. IMO, he should stay at Dortmund until a club that actually needs him comes calling.[/quote']

He should but he doesn't have a brain...he has a bean instead of that.

Lets think about it. Do you even need Lewandoski? He is integral to Dortmund but and your club' date=' he wouldn't. With RVP, Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez (albeit Welbeck is a bad player) but I don't see a need for it. IMO, he should stay at Dortmund until a club that actually needs him comes calling.[/quote']

Welbeck ain't a bad player :eek:

Agree with the rest - he's good, but we need strengthening elsewhere, not up top.