Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Nicely said' date=' very good we picked up the points yesterday I'm sure we will have no problem with the other to matches.

I think i might have that coffee after all....or maybe something stronger? After all we are 7 points clear. [/i']

beer.gif

Haven't you lot learnt to not celebrate early? ;)

Doubt we'll catch you (in fact, I think it's more likely that Chelsea will catch us) but it's not over till it's over.

So, Bacon Head is saying that United won't be signing anyone in January - David Platt also said the same thing about City - and the thing is that true quality players are generall not available in January unless their contract is due up.

Is there any truth to Lewa coming to United? I have been reading it.We have enough strikers do we need him?

Apparently, it alllll depends on whether his girlfriend/wife gets a role in Hollyoaks that she has auditioned for. (the role is "Caroline" and she would be playing the sister of the wife of a baker)

If she doesn't get the part in Hollyoaks she doesn't want to move to Manchester (or NorthWest), and the word on the street is that she will audition to be in the next TOWIE instead, possibly opening a move for Robert to one of the South East clubs.

They only moved to Dortmund after she won the Polish Big Brother show, and qualified directly to enter the German Bollywood version - where she finished an impressive NINTH!

‎"He’s injured," stated Sir Alex. "His contract’s not up for a year and a half.

"We need a Nani. He offers something different from the other players. He’s an incredible talent, the boy's a great talent. Unfortunately, he’s injured at the moment so we sent him over to Dubai for a break and hoping a bit of warmth will help him in his recovery.

"He’s not far away but he’s far enough away. I don’t think I’ll get him back until probably the middle of January. It’s a hamstring injury he’s got. A player like Nani has never had a hamstring injury ever – I don’t think he’s ever had many injuries with us. But he’s got it right in the top and it’s a bad one."

When asked if Nani has a future at Old Trafford, the boss replied: "Yes. Absolutely. Why would I want to let him go?

Too bad that we have to wait another 2 weeks or so to see him again on the pitch,especially when Valencia is playing awful,but,we survived almost 2 months without him and we can survive another 2 weeks. Just enjoy. kava.gif

Oil you United fans don’t be celebrating yet. If one thing has taught me from last season "CHAMP20NS" after the Arsenal game where we went 8 points ahead is never rest on my laurels. At the start of the season Chelsea were in pole position but after dropping few points look where they are? As for Citeh, they won’t be going away anytime soon. If United are winning a game & City are drawing I won’t think "yes they've dropped points here" as they've picked up United’s habit of getting the late goal in the dying moments. Just look at the reading match, west brom match in October !

So, the sensible thing would be to take one game at a time, next we've got Wigan. After last year I'm kind of daunting the trip to the DW (I'm going, should be fun :L) So don’t expect United to thrash Wigan as they're a decent team who seem to pick up points out of nowhere.

Never underestimate City as once SAF goes they'll be pleased as he's the one standing in the way of domination. Savour these moments with Sir Alex as he's 71 tomorrow. Tick Tock :( But hey that's life, I've enjoyed growing up with my local team (ish as I lived in Salford for a while until moving to Oldham) So savour these moments & don’t be bitter towards City fans as the many years of hurt for them will be reflected upon us. The one thing I 'admire' of City is the redevelopment of what they're doing near the stadium for the community as for the locals on here know that the area is a 'dump'.

Just letting you know I am not a southerner or a glory hunter but as you mature in life you relies there’s consequences of your actions, in my case it was celebrating like a mad man when there were still games to play. That’s my take on it.

Oil you United fans don’t be celebrating yet. If one thing has taught me from last season "CHAMP20NS" after the Arsenal game where we went 8 points ahead is never rest on my laurels. At the start of the season Chelsea were in pole position but after dropping few points look where they are? As for Citeh' date=' they won’t be going away anytime soon. If United are winning a game & City are drawing I won’t think "yes they've dropped points here" as they've picked up United’s habit of getting the late goal in the dying moments. Just look at the reading match, west brom match in October !

So, the sensible thing would be to take one game at a time, next we've got Wigan. After last year I'm kind of daunting the trip to the DW (I'm going, should be fun :L) So don’t expect United to thrash Wigan as they're a decent team who seem to pick up points out of nowhere.

Never underestimate City as once SAF goes they'll be pleased as he's the one standing in the way of domination. Savour these moments with Sir Alex as he's 71 tomorrow. Tick Tock :( But hey that's life, I've enjoyed growing up with my local team (ish as I lived in Salford for a while until moving to Oldham) So savour these moments & don’t be bitter towards City fans as the many years of hurt for them will be reflected upon us. The one thing I 'admire' of City is the redevelopment of what they're doing near the stadium for the community as for the locals on here know that the area is a 'dump'.

Just letting you know I am not a southerner or a glory hunter but as you mature in life you relies there’s consequences of your actions, in my case it was celebrating like a mad man when there were still games to play. That’s my take on it.[/quote']

I'm sure we are all aware of last years miss-hap.We are just happy we are in the same position again, no one here is a glory hunter just a United supporter.

Please, carry on.:rolleyes:

So' date=' Bacon Head is saying that United won't be signing anyone in January - David Platt also said the same thing about City - and the thing is that true quality players are generall not available in January unless their contract is due up.

Apparently, it alllll depends on whether his girlfriend/wife gets a role in Hollyoaks that she has auditioned for. (the role is "Caroline" and she would be playing the sister of the wife of a baker)

If she doesn't get the part in Hollyoaks she doesn't want to move to Manchester (or NorthWest), and the word on the street is that she will audition to be in the next TOWIE instead, possibly opening a move for Robert to one of the South East clubs.

They only moved to Dortmund after she won the Polish Big Brother show, and qualified directly to enter the German Bollywood version - where she finished an impressive NINTH![/quote']

Ian I can't tell if you're being serious or not. It seems too ridiculous to be true but I've seen some crazy stuff in my time :o

I think Newcastle are a great club and to suggest otherwise is daft. They may not have been as successful as they perhaps should of been, but there is something special about Newcastle United.

In addition: Fergie's comments were simply in response to criticism from Pardew

Criticism that was not very far from the truth, I found Fergusons response very childish and quite pathetic, did you guys not?

I think he went way over board, exaggerated most of the points he made and I the comment regarding Newcastle shows how very petulant he is. I was kind of surprised by the interview to be fair.

Nice to see Nani is likely to stay - a big bonus this. I'm pretty sure with his return' date=' Valencia will up his game more compared to recent performances.[/quote']

If Nani returns and continues his dreadful form, then I'd quite happily see him head for the exit.

Whereas Valencia can't use his left foot, Nani can't execute a simple pass.

37 Major trophies (12 Premier League titles, 2 Champions League wins, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups)

3 Trophies in the 1998-99 treble

45 Manchester United’s longest unbeaten run in all competitions under Ferguson

9-0 Manchester United’s biggest win under Ferguson, against Ipswich Town at Old Trafford in 1995

26 Years Manchester United were waiting for a league title beforeFerguson’s first in 1993

3 ”Years of excuses and it’s still C*AP … TA RA FERGIE”, a banner seen at Old Trafford in December 1989

£30.75m Paid to Tottenham Hotspur for the services of Dimitar Berbatov in 2008, a club record fee

£80m Received from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo, a world record.

£625,000 Spent on Denis Irwin, regarded by Ferguson as his greatest signing ‘pound for pound’

£60,000 Ferguson’s estimated annual salary when he joined in 1986

£5m His current annual salary

7 Years without giving interviews to the BBC after a controversial Panorama investigation into his son Jason

14 The number of managers to have occupied the Manchester City dugout while Ferguson has been at United

17 Games missed by Ferguson due to touchline bans

564811_525893064097193_1215838349_n.jpg

Happy b-day to best manager ever! Hail.gif

564811_525893064097193_1215838349_n.jpg

Happy b-day to best manager ever! Hail.gif

And to 'spin' the story another way? :)

26 years in charge

14 years where United DIDN'T win the league

24 seasons no Champions League final wins

21 years no FA Cup winners medals

22 years of no League Cup winners medals

1-6 v Man City - his most painful deafeat

8.4.2012 United open 8 point gap at top of PL' date=' with only 6 games to go

13.5.2012 93.20 - Balotelli, Aguereoooooooo

To be honest, the most interesting stats are the "TARA FERGIE" banner from 1989 when the majority of United fans wanted Fergiee sacked and the "three trophies in a treble", what three? in a treble? really? :):eek:;)

I'm sure we are all aware of last years miss-hap.We are just happy we are in the same position again, no one here is a glory hunter just a United supporter.

This is sarcasm right? :rolleyes::eek:

Anyone doubting Fergie's ability as a manager is a moron. His achievements speak for themselves and he's built several top squads at United.

As a person' date=' I'm not a big fan at all though. Somebody so successful could show a lot more decorum.[/quote']

My post wasn't aimed at you Stu - I think Ferguson's record speaks for itself and as you say, only a "Moron" would question it.

I think Ferguson's public persona is somewhat different to him in his natural state - I watched an interesting documentary on Mourinho the other day whom is apparently very similar in that he has a work face that is somewhat offset from his natural state.

Fully understand why anybody whom is not a United supporter would dislike Fergie though - he can be very abrasive! :)

My post wasn't aimed at you Stu - I think Ferguson's record speaks for itself and as you say' date=' only a "Moron" would question it.

I think Ferguson's public persona is somewhat different to him in his natural state - I watched an interesting documentary on Mourinho the other day whom is apparently very similar in that he has a work face that is somewhat offset from his natural state.

Fully understand why anybody whom is not a United supporter would dislike Fergie though - he can be very abrasive! :)[/quote']

Its a very British trait to dislike those on top, I recall all the same stuff being said about Bob Paisly when he ruled the roost with Liverpool

Its a very British trait to dislike those on top' date=' I recall all the same stuff being said about Bob Paisly when he ruled the roost with Liverpool[/quote']

Was the same with Brian Clough. People either loved him or loathed him. I wouldn't say it's a British thing either. One's success will either bring admiration and respect or jealousy which can lead as far as hate.

Or..... it is actually possible to dislike someone but respect their qualities.

Fergy is a *insert your own abusive word in* head.

Not based in jealously, based because I dont like alot of the things he does, says or the way he behaves. That being said he is a truly magnificent manager and I have the utmost respect for him.