Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Or..... it is actually possible to dislike someone but respect their qualities.

Fergy is a *insert your own abusive word in* head.

Not based in jealously' date=' based because I dont like alot of the things he does, says or the way he behaves. That being said he is a truly magnificent manager and I have the utmost respect for him.[/quote']

But what you see is the manager, not the person. To believe that what you see in the media is a reflection of the man, would be incredibly short sighted of you.

But what you see is the manager' date=' not the person. To believe that what you see in the media is a reflection of the man, would be very short sighted of you.[/quote']

So what do you propose I do?

Prevent myself from forming an opinion on what I do see of him ? Im hardly judging a book by its cover as Iv watched him repeatedly on TV and seen numerous interviews in newspapers and articles for my whole life.

Are you suggesting I cant have an opinion on him because I dont know him personally?

I agree to an extent, no doubting there are differences between the man and the manager but how do you know that ? He could also be even more of an ____ head as a person than he is as a manager :P

Also unless he has schizophrenia there will be similarities between the man, and the manager. :o

So what do you propose I do?

Prevent myself from forming an opinion on what I do see of him ? Im hardly judging a book by its cover as Iv watched him repeatedly on TV and seen numerous interviews in newspapers and articles for my whole life.

Are you suggesting I cant have an opinion on him because I dont know him personally?

I agree to an extent' date=' no doubting there are differences between the man and the manager but how do you know that ? He could also be even more of an ____ head as a person than he is as a manager :P

Also unless he has schizophrenia there will be similarities between the man, and the manager. :o[/quote']

Yeah, you're allowed to form an opinion, I never questioned that.

What I'm saying is you base your assessment on the negatives that you are exposed to by the media

To say:

Fergy is a *insert your own abusive word in* head.

Is an unfair character assessment in my opinion

Yeah' date=' you're allowed to form an opinion, I never questioned that.

What I'm saying is you base your assessment on the negatives that you are exposed to by the media

To say:

Is an unfair character assessment in my opinion[/quote']

Perhaps I should of says he comes across like a .........?

I see many many good traits in him as well, but there are several characteristics which I cant stand, and he demonstrates them on a regular basis.

Yeah' date=' you're allowed to form an opinion, I never questioned that.

What I'm saying is you base your assessment on the negatives that you are exposed to by the media[/quote']

Why does all the media point to him not being a pleasant person then?

It's possible to be a good manager and come across well in the media.

Why does all the media point to him not being a pleasant person then?

It's possible to be a good manager and come across well in the media.

Did I say all the media points to him being a bad person? Nope, I said that's what people base their opinion on (people who don't know him personally I might add)

Those who know him, speak very highly of him as a person.

Did I say all the media points to him being a bad person? Nope' date=' I said that's what people base their opinion on (people who don't know him personally I might add)

Those who know him, speak very highly of him as a person.[/quote']

Is it not better to judge a person by how they treat people who can offer them nothing in return?

You don't need to know Joey Barton to know that he has a rather volatile temperament at times.

I agree. But you dont know him as a person, he could be a much better man in private than what your exposed to him.

He is a more extreme example, but you you kind of get where im going with this.

Ferguson is exposed to the public enough to justify a judgement to be made.

That being said he is probably one of those people that if your there mate you dont notice or mind them being a tool from time to time.

Well' date=' if you judge a person on that person's friends' opinions of him, he's bound to come across better than if you judge him from a more unbiased viewpoint.

I'm sure Joey Barton's mates would say he was a top chap.[/quote']

You could say that the people who know him are the best people to judge his character.

They don't necessarily need to be friends. It could just as well be work colleagues, members of the media, fellow managers, charity organisations etc...

I agree. But you dont know him as a person' date=' he could be a much better man in private than what your exposed to him.

He is a more extreme example, but you you kind of get where im going with this.[/b']

Ferguson is exposed to the public enough to justify a judgement to be made.

That being said he is probably one of those people that if your there mate you dont notice or mind them being a tool from time to time.

True, therefore I've not formed an opinion on his personal character. He could simply be one who reacts to pressure situations by lashing out. Doesn't make him a bad person, just volatile.

I love the Rio/Scouser tweet doing the rounds.

Sadly, it contains potty words so I won't be able to post it here.

If anyone considers themselves old enough and responsible enough to read potty language, you can PM me and I will send it to you. Please start the PM with "I accept full responsibility for the potty words IanMcCo might send me that are a screenshot of a tweet by his Rio-ness" (or something similar :))

Defence is a huge worry. Evans has improved but it wasn't hard to do considering how bad he was. Still though, he's far from ideal IMO. Decision making is still poor in my eyes and positioning isn't much better.

Read that when Vidic is playing, we concede a goal every 91 minutes and when he doesn't it's 61 minutes. Quite significant just from that statistic but we've seen it too this season. Started two and United only conceded one goal in those games. Missed the big man.

Evra is not even close to the player he was. He did learn how to head the ball properly in the opponent's peno box and finished pretty well against Newcastle but that doesn't excuse his poor defending. He's easy pickings now against a pacey, skillful winger.

Alas, two clean sheets in a row. Signs of things to come? Wishful thinking.

Defence is a huge worry. Evans has improved but it wasn't hard to do considering how bad he was. Still though' date=' he's far from ideal IMO. Decision making is still poor in my eyes and positioning isn't much better.

Read that when Vidic is playing, we concede a goal every 91 minutes and when he doesn't it's 61 minutes. Quite significant just from that statistic but we've seen it too this season. Started two and United only conceded one goal in those games. Missed the big man.

[/quote']

Really?? I'm a massive Jevans fan, I must say, he's really changed my opinion on him, seeing him on the team sheet no longer worries me! One of the things which is repeatedly mentioned by team-mates when talking about him is his positioning and his excellent ability to read the game, now that he has matured a bit more. Looks so very commanding to me and I won't be surprised when the day comes that he gets handed the captains armband and I know he'll take it with aplomb. No doubt still will improve but he's not the wet behind the ears lunging tackler of 3 or 4 years ago. He'll never be the type of centre-back we all love to watch, a swash-buckling stopper with "Thou shalt not pass" tattooed across their back, he's too refined for that, he's a smarter defender.