Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Defence is a huge worry. Evans has improved but it wasn't hard to do considering how bad he was. Still though, he's far from ideal IMO. Decision making is still poor in my eyes and positioning isn't much better.

Read that when Vidic is playing, we concede a goal every 91 minutes and when he doesn't it's 61 minutes. Quite significant just from that statistic but we've seen it too this season. Started two and United only conceded one goal in those games. Missed the big man.

Evra is not even close to the player he was. He did learn how to head the ball properly in the opponent's peno box and finished pretty well against Newcastle but that doesn't excuse his poor defending. He's easy pickings now against a pacey, skillful winger.

Alas, two clean sheets in a row. Signs of things to come? Wishful thinking.

Defence is a huge worry. Evans has improved but it wasn't hard to do considering how bad he was. Still though' date=' he's far from ideal IMO. Decision making is still poor in my eyes and positioning isn't much better.

Read that when Vidic is playing, we concede a goal every 91 minutes and when he doesn't it's 61 minutes. Quite significant just from that statistic but we've seen it too this season. Started two and United only conceded one goal in those games. Missed the big man.

[/quote']

Really?? I'm a massive Jevans fan, I must say, he's really changed my opinion on him, seeing him on the team sheet no longer worries me! One of the things which is repeatedly mentioned by team-mates when talking about him is his positioning and his excellent ability to read the game, now that he has matured a bit more. Looks so very commanding to me and I won't be surprised when the day comes that he gets handed the captains armband and I know he'll take it with aplomb. No doubt still will improve but he's not the wet behind the ears lunging tackler of 3 or 4 years ago. He'll never be the type of centre-back we all love to watch, a swash-buckling stopper with "Thou shalt not pass" tattooed across their back, he's too refined for that, he's a smarter defender.

Really?? I'm a massive Jevans fan' date=' I must say, he's really changed my opinion on him, seeing him on the team sheet no longer worries me! One of the things which is repeatedly mentioned by team-mates when talking about him is his positioning and his excellent ability to read the game, now that he has matured a bit more. Looks so very commanding to me and I won't be surprised when the day comes that he gets handed the captains armband and I know he'll take it with aplomb. No doubt still will improve but he's not the wet behind the ears lunging tackler of 3 or 4 years ago. He'll never be the type of centre-back we all love to watch, a swash-buckling stopper with "Thou shalt not pass" tattooed across their back, he's too refined for that, he's a smarter defender.[/quote']

Plus, he was our best and most consistent defender last season.

Talking of Jevans...did no-one wish him a happy brithday?

Just noticed McCo ain't getting much attention of late. Come on guys' date=' just let it continue for another day or two and he'll be a goner ;):P

Edit: Love you Ian :D

When I want your attention, I will slap it out of you - don't try and convince yourselves you are the dominant ones in this relationship! ;):):rolleyes:B)(ALL IN JEST, JEEZ!!!!)

Talking of Jevans...did no-one wish him a happy brithday?

When I want your attention' date=' I will slap it out of you - don't try and convince yourselves you are the dominant ones in this relationship! ;):):rolleyes:B) [b'](ALL IN JEST, JEEZ!!!!)[/b]

Submit MCoco, SUBMIT! ;)

Not looking forward to the game at West Ham on Saturday. It will be one of the trickiest games so far this season. We should give the Fa Cup a real go this season as we haven't won it for a good while now.

It's August 2011 since United last won a trophy of ANY sort - 515 days ago and counting ;)B)

EDIT: Sorry...my calculations were wrong!

United LAST won a trophy in April 2012...the Premier League - then they threw it away :D

Bit of a perfectionist when it comes to defending. I'm finding it difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt despite him putting in a string of good performances last season. I think it'll take him working well with Vidic and United improving their defensive record for me to change my opinion on him. He's not terrible but still not ideal unless he can form a beastly partnership with Vidic. I understand that Evans isn't the only one to blame for our dismal defensive record this season, though. Hard to fill such massive shoes and partner Ferdinand, who's been less than flattering this season.

West Ham: Jaaskelainen; Demel, Collins, Tomkins, Potts; Diarra, Nolan, Collison, Joe Cole; Vaz Te, Carlton Cole

Manchester United: De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Buttner; Rafael, Scholes, Cleverley, Kagawa; Chicharito, Welbeck

Hoping for a confident and assured performance from Kagawa.

Strong line-ups on both sides and a very strong bench for United

Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Valencia, Giggs, Young, Van Persie, Macheda

West Ham: Jaaskelainen; Demel' date=' Collins, Tomkins, Potts; Diarra, Nolan, Collison, Joe Cole; Vaz Te, Carlton Cole

[b']Manchester United:[/b] De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Buttner; Rafael, Scholes, Cleverley, Kagawa; Chicharito, Welbeck

Hoping for a confident and assured performance from Kagawa.

Strong line-ups on both sides and a very strong bench for United

Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Valencia, Giggs, Young, Van Persie, Macheda

Strong - except for this lad.:o

You've dominated with Kagawa looking very good but Scholes saved you from conceding on the line!

Potts clears a Vidic header off the line from a free corner.

Kagawa has gone quiet.

Cleverley with a tidy finish from a Hernandez cross. 1-0